Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E01: Oh My Santa

Bort

When Max gets a case of the bah-humbugs -- and Tommy has a meltdown at the mall -- DJ does everything she can to get them back in the Christmas spirit.

Airdate: December 14, 2018

Welcome back, Fuller House. I don't know why I ended up missing you a tiny bit over the last year, but I did.

So, Kimmy got pregnant near the end of September, and three months later, she looks like she's six months pregnant. At least they explained why this was. 

Hey! A Michelle mention! 

Crazy to see how quickly all the kids have grown. 

I thought this episode was fairly touching. The show has avoided speaking much about DJ's husband, Tommy, so I was glad that he was a part of this episode.

I could have done without Joey showing up at the end, though. Steve's appearance was...alright, although DJ, you not hearing Steve when he was right behind you on Facetime was not funny writing for me.

• Love 4
On ‎12‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 10:54 PM, methodwriter85 said:

Yeah, Jackson looked almost as tall as Jimmy, who is listed as 6 feet tall.

I definitely noticed that when they were standing close together.  Jackson is coming into his own as a handsome young man.

• Love 1

Jackson has had a serious growth spurt, he looks as tall as Jimmy now!

I dont care how cheesy and silly this show is, I enjoy watching it, God help me. I actually might have been a little teary at all the memories of Tommy Senior, and then finding the presents that he left for them before he died. That was actually a really sweet way to start the season. 

Giblers may or may not actually have a different physiology than normal humans. That sounds about right. 

• Love 5

Finally, some mention and sightings of Tommy Sr (although I wished they would have shown a more zoomed in view of that video so we could really see what he looked like). It has always bugged me that the man she married, had three sons by (the youngest is Tommy Jr for crying out loud), and obviously loved, has never mentioned. 

Cheesy as the original series was (not that this one isn't right up there, if not more so), there were very frequent mentions of their girls' late mother, Pam, from the very first episode where DJ moved to the garage vs sharing a room with Stef, and Danny and DJ had a conversation about how her mom would have known exactly how to handle it, to the episode with Stef and her friend who was being abused by his father and she revealed that her mother was dead, to DJ tearfully admonishing Kimmy for drinking and driving because a drunk driver killed her mother, to the finale where an amnesiac Michelle learned even if she got her memory back, she would never remember her mother.

The most iconic episode is the one where Stef's beloved Mr. Bear goes AWOL (thanks, Michelle!) and we learn Pam gave him to Stef (and DJ a charm bracelet) when Michelle was born and the family watches the home video of the day Pam brought Michelle home. I always tear up watching Pam on the entryway steps with Michelle, knowing she'd be gone in just a few months, and watching her husband, brother, good friend, and three girls watching her. 

That's what this show has been missing to give it some levity from the "joke, joke, joke" (TM Monica Gellar) and it was pretty ridiculous not to have Tommy Sr's memory still front and center, especially considering how Pam's was. It was also a much-needed break from the Steve/DJ nonsense because they peaked in highschool. Yes, I'm Team Matt.

• Love 4

When they explicitly called Tommy “Tommy Jr” I knew Sr would have an impact on the episode. I liked Steve’s sudden appearance at the end and that they mentioned the others were visiting Michelle. I wish we could get a one-sided conversation of them talking to Michelle. I know we got them drunk dialing her a few years back, but I’d like more. 

Did Tommy Sr die at Christmas time? Because otherwise why’d they never get the presents? And now I want the in-laws to show up more than ever.

This stupid show makes me laugh far more than it should.

• Love 2