Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E09: Elseworlds Part 2

Lady Calypso
  • Start Topic

5 minutes ago, Mary0360 said:

Not exactly the greatest subplot.

It wasn't the greatest but had a beginning (Felicity finds out she didn't recognize Oliver), middle (Felicity feels this reflects their marriage and that they are doomed), and end (Felicity has the confidence, thanks to Oliver who has now resolved his side of the problem in 708, that they'll be alright), which is tons more plot than any other character not named Barry or Oliver got, including Supergirl who was pretty superfluous for the crossover.

This isn't me defending the crossover as perfect or great or anything, but that in the midst of a body-switching plot with Superman and Lois and Batwoman and other characters and future crossover set-up and future show set-up and battle scenes and cameos and part 3 set-up and etc., there was a priority to give Olicity/Felicity some sort of mini-arc for the Arrow episode, counter to the past automatic assumption that--

• Felicity would only be in 1-2 scenes and be pushed to the side for Curtis or to do nothing (she had about 5/6 and did important stuff in the episode)
  • that one of the scenes would have some sort of Barry/Felicity kiss or romantic moment as a dumb joke despite Barry and Oliver knowing the truth already (nope, unless one counts the monologue, which was playing the whole monologue as a joke and not just on Olicity)
  • that Olicity wouldn't get a mention or time because they were fighting (nope, a whole subplot and the 708 fight was even resolved so no one has to go into hiatus worried about Olicity)
  • that it was crazy to think that there would be any good Olicity (nope, they got a speech and kiss that WestAllen didn't even get) 
  • would be total crap (subjective, but most people agreeing like you that Olicity was hardly the worst part and most of the people who watch Arrow seeming to prefer part 2 to part 3)
  • Love 1

I'd say that Iris got as much or more as Felicity on her show. But neither character got the attention that she deserved.

I'd say that while Curtis didn't get more scenes than Felicity, he was in on the secret and she wasn't. And he, like Cisco, got quite a few scenes. In fact, I think Cisco got more than Felicity and Iris.

It wasn't total crap but between everyone dumping on Oliver and Felicity being made to feel lacking because she didn't instantly recognize that this wasn't Oliver, it came close. MG's need to write Oliver and Felicity badly for the sake of drama taints these episodes.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Felicity being made to feel lacking because she didn't instantly recognize that this wasn't Oliver, it came close. MG's need to write Oliver and Felicity badly for the sake of drama taints these episodes.

The thing that bugged me to was that Felicity did seem to pick up something being off when she seemed surprised by Barrys reaction to her as Oliver when she first came to Argus, but because of her and Olivers personal problems she assumed that it was due to their still fraught relationship. Iris seemed more interested in jumping Oliver for a good few hours before she  indicated any sense things were off with her husband. So honestly I'd say Felicity showed more initial perception then Iris. Especially given that unlike Iris who spent a substantial amount of time with Barry and Oliver before catching on, Felicity spent about 60 seconds with Oliver and Barry, where she had no interaction with Oliver at all, before they both went off. Yet Cisco, who witnessed Iris showing more interest in PDA with Oliver then she probably does with Barry, basically rubbed WestAllen in Felicitys face and didn't seem bothered by the fact that he'd hurt Felicity and her relationship with Oliver. 

• Love 9

I just want to pop in and say 'thank you' to you guys for always detailing the episodes the way you do.  I wait until the new season hits Netflix and then binge watch, and I just can't with the crossover eps as I don't watch the other shows (I bailed on Flash after the first season or so, and I've never watched even an episode of Supergirl or Legends) and without any real history with the other characters the crossover Arrow ep just falls flat.  I tried with this one, I really did, but I only made it about five minutes in before I was alternating between rolling my eyes out of my head and being about to cry of boredom.

I did, however, FF to watch the last couple of minutes and was rewarded with John Barrowman, so there is that.  I might have squealed.  *grin*

I also saw thanks to the comments and gifs, the lovely little scene between Felicity and Oliver.  *heart eyes*

• Love 4

Bingewatching the three Elseworlds episodes tonight.  This one didn’t make me laugh as much as the first one, but it still had its moments.  Like Kara’s and Barry’s reactions to Oliver believing that Batman is an urban myth, or Diggle’s reaction to yet another crossover crisis (pun intended).  

Oliver and Barry starting to take on aspects of each other’s personalities could have been another fun aspect/twist, but I’m  kind of side-eying how it’s being handled, particularly towards Oliver.  However, it’s difficult for me to analyze it too much without having the context of the last few seasons, so I won’t say more than that.

Batwoman/Kate Kane was....fine.   I have no complaints, but neither did it spark any interest in catching up on her show.  So there’s that. 

Barry and Kara waiting for Oliver on the rooftop reminded me of them waiting for Oliver in last year’s Crisis on Earth-X, where he told them....”Superspeed. I don’t have it.”  Well now he has it. 😂. Tell me someone on Tumblr did a gif set for that!

I didn’t watch this for a long time because it didn’t have my Legends team in it, but I’d forgotten how much I do enjoy this trio together.  And I will always love Barry and Oliver together; always have, even when I’m mad at them both.  

This episode was part of the "Elseworlds" crossover event, so I'm posting transcriptions from all three crossover episodes (Flash 509, Arrow 709, Supergirl 409)...

The Flash 509 (Elseworlds, Part 1) – Felicity did not appear in this episode, but her name was mentioned twice.

The Flash 509 (Elseworlds, Part 1) - Voiceover intro by Barry Allen (voiced and played by Stephen Amell) (per script): 
EWJQOIfUMAYXiBC?format=jpg

The Flash 509 (Elseworlds, Part 1) – In Central City on Earth-1, Iris West-Allen mentions Felicity while talking to ‘Barry’ (actually Oliver):
Iris (to 'Barry'/Oliver): "You really think that you're Oliver?"
Oliver: "Yeah."
Iris: "You know, Felicity called me when Oliver was in prison. Do you know how he ended up in Slabside?"
Oliver: "She - she called you?"
Iris: "He cut a deal, Barry, completely behind Felicity's back. He didn't even warn her. The FBI just showed up and took him away."
Oliver: "She said all that?"
Iris: "She's hurting. Oliver's life, it's completely defined by anger, vengeance. That's why I am so lucky to have you in my life."
Oliver: "Are you not the least bit worried that reality might be broken? Don't you have to consider what we're telling you is the truth? Isn't it possible?"
Iris: "Yeah, yeah, it is. Which is why I'm really sorry, Barry."
Oliver: "Would you - I thought I couldn't get drunk." (Collapses)
Iris: "Nanites, courtesy of Ray Palmer. Whoever you are, we need to get you to a safe place until we can figure out what happened. I hope you can understand."

The Flash 509 (Elseworlds, Part 1) – Team Flash locks up Oliver and Barry in one of their metahuman-proof cells:
Oliver (to Barry): "I spent the past seven months in a maximum security prison and no matter how bad things got - and they got bad - every cell had a toilet."
Oliver: "You need to dislocate your thumb. Just apply pressure to the joint."
Barry: "No, I'm going to break my hand!"
Oliver: "You're not gonna break your hand, because in this reality, your ligaments have been stretched and conditioned in the art of escape by Anatoly Knyazev. Now, man up, apply pressure to the joint, and dislocate your thumb."

The Flash 509 (Elseworlds, Part 1) – At the Kent Farm on Earth-38, Barry Allen mentions Felicity while talking to Oliver:
Oliver (after Barry pulled the two arrows out of his back): "Do you think this is funny? Do you think my skills are a joke?"
Barry: "C'mon, man. I was a much better sport when you shot me."
Oliver: "I shot you to teach you how to case an environment. You shot me to get a laugh."
Barry: "All right."
Oliver: "You know what? Fine, fine. Come at me. Try to get - try to get one hit in."
Lois (watching from the front porch with Kara and Clark): "Deck him, Barry! What? He's a jerk."
Barry: "I'm not doing this. This isn't how I train."
Oliver: "Oh, you train? Really? I thought - I thought your powers just dropped out of the sky."
Barry: "If you're trying to get a rise out of me, it's not gonna work."
Oliver: "Need a peanut gallery? Can you not do anything without your wife in your ear?"
Barry: "Are you serious, man? Felicity invented quarterbacking!"
Oliver: "I don't think that you can go more than nine hours without some sappy motivational speech."
Barry: "I'm not doing this."
Oliver: "Your team betrayed you. You needed them, and they weren't there!"
Barry: "I'm not doing this."
(Oliver whooshes toward Barry, and Barry knocks him flat on his back.)
Barry: "You know, if you really knew how to use my speed, I never could've laid a finger on you."

The Flash 509 (Elseworlds, Part 1) – Oliver and Barry each explain their different motivations:
Oliver: "I've been doing this for a very long time. And nearly every time that I learn a lesson, it comes with a painful memory. I've watched friends die. I've had to kill to survive. When I'm the Green Arrow, I channel those painful memories. I - I draw on a darkness every time I draw back my bow. So to see you with all of my abilities, just laughing and joking around, it pissed me off, more than I would care to admit."
Barry: "Whenever I run, whatever I'm feeling inside, grief, guilt, I've gotta just let it go, and focus on whatever I'm running toward. Iris, my friends, all the joy in my life. When I'm happy, I run faster. Just like when you phased earlier. You were having a good time."
Oliver: "You couldn't dislocate your thumb until you got angry. If you're gonna be the Green Arrow and I'm gonna be the Flash -"
Barry: "Maybe we need to start acting more like each other."

709 (Elseworlds, Part 2) – Voiceover intro by Oliver Queen (voiced and played by Grant Gustin):
'Oliver'/Barry (voiceover): "My name is Oliver Queen. After six months in hell, I've been released from prison and returned home with only one goal - to save my city. But things have changed. Instead of operating outside the law, I am now working alongside the police. I am no longer Inmate 4587. I am once more the Green Arrow."

709 (Elseworlds, Part 2) – Voiceover intro by Oliver Queen (voiced and played by Grant Gustin) (per script, with MG's production notes):
EWFkiqlVAAIhi-n?format=jpg

EWFkj63VAAA2Zpg?format=jpg

709 (Elseworlds, Part 2) – Oliver, Barry and Kara go to Star City to explain the Oliver/Barry body swap to Team Arrow, but Oliver doesn’t want to tell Felicity about it:
Diggle: "So you're you."
Curtis: "And you're you."
Diggle: "An immortal Egyptian, aliens, parallel Earth Nazis. I have no idea why I'm even surprised at this point."
Curtis: "I'm still trying to figure out if this is more like Freaky Friday or Quantum Leap."
Barry: "No. If this were like Quantum Leap, I'd only look like myself in the mirror."
Curtis: "Yep. You are definitely not Oliver Queen."
Kara: "We think that the red skies and these lightning strikes have to be related to whatever happened to Barry and Oliver somehow."
Oliver: "We need you to solve this somehow while we're in Gotham."
Curtis: "No problem. I mean, A.R.G.U.S. has all the best analytic toys. But what we really need is a pattern recognition algorithm and, unfortunately, Felicity isn't -"
Oliver: "I called Felicity."
Diggle: "Wait, wait. You called Felicity?"
Oliver; "Yeah."
Diggle: "Okay. Right. Well, I guess that makes sense because technically you are her husband. I'm confused."
Felicity (entering): "I've been summoned?"
Barry: "Yes. Thank you for coming."
Felicity (to 'Oliver'/Barry): "Of course. I mean, things might be fraught between us, Oliver, that doesn't mean I'm not gonna show up."
Barry: "They are? They are? (Looks at Oliver) They are. Yeah, which is... sad."
(Everyone looks at 'Oliver'/Barry.)
Curtis: "So, um, this lightning thing. Um, could you help me out with that? Can I kind of show you kind of what I'm thinking?"
Felicity: "Yeah."
Curtis: "Okay." (He and Felicity leave, with Felicity giving 'Oliver'/Barry a strange look.)
Diggle: "Okay. So why didn't you tell Felicity?"
Barry: "Well, because we tried to tell everybody at S.T.A.R. Labs, and it didn't really go over so well."
Oliver: "Felicity and I have enough problems as it is, without introducing body swapping. We thought we'd just let her think everything's normal, and that Barry and I are solving another problem."
Kara: "If you find out how this lightning thing relates to whatever it is that we're dealing with here, can you please tell us?"
Diggle: "Copy that. Hey, this thing isn't going to be permanent, is it?"
Oliver and Barry (simultaneously): "I hope not."
Barry: "Jinx."

709 (Elseworlds, Part 2) – Oliver doesn’t believe the Batman is real:
Barry: "If Gotham can handle the Batman, they can handle the Green Arrow."
Oliver: "The Batman's an urban legend."
Barry: "Wait. You don't believe Batman's real?"
Oliver: "He's not real. He's an urban legend concocted by the Gotham Police Department to scare criminals. And I'm the original vigilante, Barry."
(Barry uncovers the Bat Signal atop the roof in Gotham City.)
Barry: “You still think he’s a myth?”
Oliver: “Yeah.”
Barry: “Batman’s real.”

709 (Elseworlds, Part 2) – Felicity finds out about the Oliver/Barry body swap from the visiting Caitlin Snow and Cisco Ramon:
Felicity: "Pattern recognition algo is locked and loaded."
Curtis: "Bringing it online now."
Felicity: "You realize that this may not work, right? Like, there may not be a pattern to recognize."
Curtis: "Is there a suggestion bound within that dose of pessimism?"
Felicity: "Does the energy discharge of the lightning look familiar to you?"
Curtis: "The quantum amplitude is consistent with a dimensional breach."
Felicity: "Exactly. We're gonna need Cisco's help on this one."
Cisco (entering with Diggle and Caitlin): "I've been summoned!"
Curtis: "Okay. That was a disturbingly coincidental entrance."
Diggle: "It wasn't coincidental."
Cisco: "We'd been getting the same red skies in Central City and I'll tell you this much - it wasn't Speed Force."
Felicity: "Wait, wait, hold up. 'We'd been,' 'wasn't,' as in past tense?"
Caitlin: "Interestingly, the atmospheric phenomenon ceased the moment Barry and Oliver left Central City."
Cisco: "It's like it packed up its bags and followed them here. That's why we came."
Caitlin: "The phenomenon has to be related to Barry and Oliver's '"
Diggle: "Okay, Caitlin. (Whistles) Okay?"
Caitlin: "Body swap?"
Curtis: "Ahem. Don't - don't say - ahem."
Felicity: "I'm sorry. Body - body what?"
Cisco: You, uh - you didnt' tell her?"
Felicity: "Again. Tell me - heh - what?"
Caitlin: "You didn't tell her?!"
Curtis: "Oliver - the actual Oliver thought they had enough problems with Felicity already."
Cisco: "Oh, and you didn't think to loop us in on the fact that you were keeping the Freaky Friday situation on the hush?"
Curtis: "I was thinking it was more like Quantum Leap."
Cisco: "No. If this were like Quantum Leap, they'd only look like themselves when they see themselves in the mirror."
Curtis: "It depends on what type of Quantum Leap."
Diggle: "Shouldn't we concentrate on what this lightning came from? Right?"
Cisco: "Right, but -"
Curtis: "Oh." (Coughs, as Felicity enters)
Felicity: "Okay, guys. You don't need to tip-toe around me. It's just a lot to process. It's not every day that you find out that your ex is your husband and vice-versa."
Cisco: "Yeah. Iris was pretty freaked out, too, when she sussed it out."
Felicity: "Wait. Iris."
Curtis: "You know, actually, John - right before you came in, John was just saying that we need to really handle that lightning -"
Felicity: "Iris was able to tell that something was off with Barry?"
Caitlin: "No, not exactly."
Cisco: "Oh, totally. I mean, it was like lover's intuition."
Caitlin: "Stop."
Cisco: "That's how you can tell these two were -"
Diggle: "You know, Felicity, um, there's something very strange going on here, so I wouldn't take this as a commentary on you and Oliver's marriage."
Felicity: "No. My marriage with Oliver is strained by the fact that we've become different people. Quite literally, in Oliver's case. (Pauses) If the lightning strikes are attempted dimensional breaches, there might be a way to stabilize the quantum flux to allow whatever's trying to get through to get through, right?"
Curtis: "Yeah, yes. Of course."
Caitlin: "Yeah.

709 (Elseworlds, Part 2) – Caitlin has a heart-to-heart talk with Felicity:
Felicity: "Did you lose the coin flip on who has to come talk to me?"
Caitlin: "We didn't flip coins. We drew straws. I'm kidding. Actually, I wanted to come talk to you because I think I've got a little bit more experience with alternate realities than you do."
Felicity: "So what words of wisdom do you have for me?"
Caitlin: "That Iris probably has a little bit more experience as well. And maybe that's why she would've seen something that you didn't. As for Oliver keeping you in the dark, when he and Barry tried to tell us what was going on with them, we knocked them unconscious and locked them in the Pipeline."
Felicity: "Seriously?"
Caitlin: "Wasn't our finest moment. Look. I'm sure that that's the reason that Oliver didn't want to take any chances with you."
Felicity: "I appreciate you saying that... But it's just another excuse in a long list of excuses for Oliver's behavior."
Caitlin: "Oliver does love you, Felicity."
Felicity: "Yeah? Well, what's love without respect? Or trust?"
Caitlin: "I don't know. But as long as there is love, you can't give up on it. That's the one thing I do know, after everything I've been through, everything I've suffered." (Sighs)
Felicity: "Thank you. Well, one good thing about what's going on is that I have something to distract me. Look at this."
Caitlin: "That looks like -"
Felicity: "A quantum flux anchor. I'm pretty sure if we build it, whoever's trying to breach through will come."
Caitlin: "Let's get to work."

709 (Elseworlds, Part 2) – Oliver mentions his pre-Felicity days with a computer:
Kara: "You really know your way with a computer."
Oliver: "Well, when I was first starting out, I had to hold my own before Felicity showed up."

709 (Elseworlds, Part 2) – Felicity, Curtis, Diggle and Caitlin use the quantum flux anchor on the rooftop, while Cisco monitors from inside the A.R.G.U.S. facility:
Diggle: "What the hell is this?"
Felicity: "No offense, but you'd need at least five Ph.D's for the dumbed-down version."
Diggle: "How about the very dumbed-down version?"
Felicity: "It's a quantum flux anchor that utilizes wave theory to fire nano-particulates across an Einstein-Rosen Bridge to create a secure Claxon Field."
Diggle: "How about the very, very, dumbed-down version?"
Caitlin: "Felicity made a magnet that will draw whoever's trying to breach through to us."
Diggle: "You could've just said that."
Curtis: "All right. Field's stable."
Cisco (over comms): "All readings are in the green. You guys are good to go."
(Thunder sounds and lightning flashes.)
Cisco (over comms): "I'm reading multiple quantum surges."
Diggle: "I don't think this is working!"
Curtis: "This is what working looks like!"
(Portal opens and Earth-90's Barry Allen dressed as The Flash appears. His voice cuts in and out.)
Earth-90 Barry: "Can - you... hear me? You've got... to... get... book."
Caitlin: "Jay?"
Earth-90 Barry: "Only... book... make this right. If you get the book, you can fix this."
(Portal closes.)
Curtis: "Am I the only one who thought that was very cool?"

709 (Elseworlds, Part 2) – Barry and Oliver have a heart-to-heart talk after they return to A.R.G.U.S. in Star City with the Book of Destiny:
Felicity: "Oh, look who finally came back."
Curtis: "With what looks like a fairly infamous book."
Caitlin: "A book with a cryptographic lock on it."
Oliver: "Can you get to work on opening it, please?"
Diggle: "We don't have a lot of time."
Felicity (taking the book): "Okay. Geek Squad, form up on me!" (Leaves with Curtis, Cisco and Caitlin)
Barry: "Not much of a heartfelt reunion."
Diggle: "She's getting used to everything."
Barry: "Do you want me to talk to her as, you know, you?"
Oliver: "I think I'm in enough trouble with Felicity as it is, but no offense."
Barry: "Hey. Can I talk to you for a minute, then?"
Oliver: "Yeah. What's up?"
Barry: "I just wanted to see how you're doing."
Oliver: "I'm compartmentalizing. I"ll fix things with Felicity later."
Barry: "I don't mean with Felicity. We both saw some stuff back at Arkham."
Oliver: "I saw Evil Flash."
Barry: "Eobard Thawne. I saw Malcolm Merlyn."
Oliver: "Oh."
Barry: "I knew you'd been through a lot, but - I don't know, man. I never realized. I don't know how you do it. I wouldn't be able to live with the burdens that you carry."
Oliver: "Yes, you would. Barry, I always thought that you had it easy, everything was just sunshine and rainbows, and everybody likes you. You have real steel in you, my friend. You can carry any burden thrown your way."
Barry: "Some unsolicited advice?"
Oliver: "Hmm."
Barry: "Don't wait to work things out with Felicity. Our line of work, you never know how much time you got."

709 (Elseworlds, Part 2) – Oliver tells Felicity that she is the love of his life:
Oliver (entering): "Um, may I speak with Felicity for a minute?"
Cisco: "Sure thing, Barry - Oliver - Boliver." 
Caitlin: "Stop helping."
(Curtis, Cisco and Caitlin leave the room.)
Oliver: "This must be strange for you."
Felicity: "Oh! What gave you that idea?"
Oliver: "I don't know. Maybe it's easier for you to hear this coming from ... (Sighs) Barry Allen. (Whispers) What a stupid –“
Felicity: "Hear what?"
Oliver: "That we're gonna to be okay. People change, Felicity. It means we're growing. It means we're evolving. Except for one thing. One thing that will not change... is how I feel about you. Love is too small a word. And no matter who you are, or - or what you become, no matter who I am, or - or what I become, you will always be... you will always be the love of my life. People change. That never will."
Felicity: "Oliver, hi." (Kisses him)
(As they kiss, thunder suddenly sounds, a portal opens, and Earth-90 Barry/The Flash steps through.)

709 (Elseworlds, Part 2) – We learn that Earth-90 John Diggle is Green Lantern, and next year’s crossover is teased:
Earth-90 Barry: "My name is Barry Allen. Hello, John."
Diggle: "Do - do I know you?"
Earth-90 Barry: "You're not wearing your ring. Things must be different here."
Oliver: "Barry, where's there?"
Earth-90 Barry: "My Earth. Earth-90. I've traveled from there to warn you."
Kara: "Warn us about what?"
Earth-90 Barry: "His name is Mar Novu, but he calls himself the Monitor now. He's been unleashing the Book of Destiny across the multiverse to test different Earths."
Barry: "Test them for what?"
Earth-90 Barry: "A crisis that he believes is coming. Novu thinks the Elseworlds created by the Book of Destiny approximates the collision of realities that we're facing."

Supergirl 409 (Elseworlds, Part 3) –The Monitor confronts Oliver and Barry:
The Monitor: "Gentlemen. It's time we talked about your destiny. I must confess, my interest is piqued. You possess neither power nor abilities, yet still managed to outwit an opponent with the powers of a super man."
Barry: "It's just one word. 'Superman.'"
Oliver: "What is this? Hmm? If you're testing us, then let us get back to it."
The Monitor: "Oliver Queen. A man who channels his hubris and anger and calls it strength. Are you truly that eager to die? No. Not eager. But willing. Ready to. Good. There might be hope for this universe yet."
Barry: "If that's supposed to be a pep talk, I've had better."
The Monitor: "Self-sacrifice alone will not see you through this trial. Survival will only be found by knowing your true self. Or this world will be doomed, like all the others."
Oliver: "Okay, that's enough."

Supergirl 409 (Elseworlds, Part 3) – Oliver makes some sort of deal (not shown) with The Monitor to save Barry and Kara:
Oliver: "Novu! I know you're in there, you son of a bitch! I'm not afraid of you! I'm not impressed by you! Stop with these games and show yourself!"
The Monitor: "So much passion. And hubris. To think, that if you just yell loud enough, you can command a god."
Oliver: "You're not a god."
The Monitor: "Yet, there isn't a name for what I am, so I suppose 'god' will have to do. Your time is limited. I'm not sure what little remains is best spent making demands of me. I already told you what you had to do."
Oliver: "I know what happens to Barry and Kara."
The Monitor: "Mmm. And now you're here in the faint hope I can alter it."
Oliver: "Well, you just said you were a god. Now, I don't think you're testing us to see if we're strong enough. I think you're testing us to see if we are good enough. And I don't think, in any of the universes you're tested, that anyone has ever stood and confronted you like this."
The Monitor: "Yes. You are the first in a multitude."
Oliver: "I'm not who you need! You said I'd pass the test if I knew my true self. My true self is filled with darkness. But Barry and Kara are different. They inspire hope. They inspire people because they are the best of us. And if this test of yours is gonna kill our best chance at stopping this crisis, well, as gods go, you're not a very smart one."
The Monitor: "The universe is a complex piece of machinery, and balance must be maintained. One change requires another. How would you propose I keep the balance?"

Supergirl 409 (Elseworlds, Part 3) – Oliver does not tell Barry about his deal with The Monitor:
Oliver: "It's nice to be able to feel the effects of alcohol again."
Barry: "Yeah, super speed has its pluses and its minuses."
Oliver: "Always hungry. I was burning holes in my shoes."
Barry: "You're not gonna miss anything about it?"
Oliver: "There were a few times where I was running so fast, it was like things were standing still. Everything just felt really clear to me. I'm gonna miss that."
Barry: "Flashtime."
Oliver: "What?"
Barry: "That's just what I call it."
Oliver: "You really have a name for everything."
Barry: "So I feel like I should be thanking you for something. The Monitor. You talked to him, didn't you?"
Oliver: "Mmm-hmm."
Barry: "You got him to change our destinies somehow."
Oliver: "You and Kara changed your destinies, Barry, by being the heroes that you always have been. Hey, I've been you. I lived it. I felt it. You're a good man."
Barry: "So are you. Even if you don't want people to believe it."
Oliver: "I'm not as good as you think I am. But because of you, I think I'll get there someday."
Barry: "Should we hug it out?"
Oliver: "No. No. And I really mean it this time. Twice, you've made me hug you. No."
Barry: "All right."
Oliver: "Okay. I mean it. I will propose a toast. To appreciating what you have, however long you might have it."
(They toast.)

Supergirl 409 (Elseworlds, Part 3) – At Arkham Aslyum in Gotham City, Psycho-Pirate, Dr. John Deegan’s new friend, teases next year’s crossover, “Crisis on Infinite Earths”:
Psycho-Pirate: "Don't worry, Doctor. Everything is as it should be. The stage is set. Worlds will live. Worlds will die. And the universe will never be the same."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1