Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E09: Water Keepers

I'm curious where Pandora found a talker that had a combined knowledge of dam sabotage/mad ninja skills.

So I thought the issue was just a shutoff of water from the dam that prevented the mills in Heartland from working, but it's actually a hydroelectric dam producing power.
Which makes that dam worth it's weight in gold in the ZA.

I like 10K's new hand.

• Love 3

I loved this episode with the Native Americans.  

I liked the woman joking with 10k.  The hand is cool but I hope he remembers to take that sucker off when he's not shooting because he could do serious damage to someone or to himself.  

I was hoping Doc would find love and I hope he and the woman meet up again.

• Love 1

I feel they played a little fast-and-loose with whether the spirit forms were visible or not.  I realize this show is very tongue-in-cheek but I still would like some consistency in logic.  Also, the antler hand that 10K was sporting seemed different from the one he was shown by the girl.  For some reason, I feel this season's plot seems to be moving too slowly.  I wish they would wrap it up and get back on the road so we'd get more variety in situations.  Also, we need more Murphy.

• Love 2

I like the creativity this season. The show certainly finds new ways to be entertaining despite a lower budget. Yes, there is a central storyline (Newmerica) but the quest goes on visiting other places and settlements. I think it's a break from the episodic one place at a time road trip. The lighthearted moments, unusual characters and out-there scenarios set this show apart in the genre. 

12 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

I'm curious where Pandora found a talker that had a combined knowledge of dam sabotage/mad ninja skills.

So I thought the issue was just a shutoff of water from the dam that prevented the mills in Heartland from working, but it's actually a hydroelectric dam producing power.
Which makes that dam worth it's weight in gold in the ZA.

I like 10K's new hand.

Pandora must have a rolodex of temp talent for suicide missions. Did anyone notice the pattern of stitches on the saboteur talker in the beginning and the one getting the George beat down? Are the stitches an identifying mark, symbol? Does Pandora and her henchman have the same stitches hence the mask and face coverings?

Combine the dam and the Heartland fields and it could mean survival for everyone in Newmerica. The bakers are likely in Limbo now. The last piece of the puzzle is the Unknown Additive for the biscuits. 

"The knowledge that you seek is buried under the past but beware. It is guarded by demons with sharp claws." I think this points to the DNA memorial at Altura. Or it could mean a place in the past seasons that OBM must find/revisit. I vote for the underground gamesmaster setup. But the sneak peak video on Syfy for the next episode shows the group at an old recycling center. Altura thugs are using Talkers to mine something among the piles of stuff. 

57 minutes ago, cdnalor said:

I feel they played a little fast-and-loose with whether the spirit forms were visible or not.  I realize this show is very tongue-in-cheek but I still would like some consistency in logic.  Also, the antler hand that 10K was sporting seemed different from the one he was shown by the girl.  For some reason, I feel this season's plot seems to be moving too slowly.  I wish they would wrap it up and get back on the road so we'd get more variety in situations.  Also, we need more Murphy.

I fanwave a lot more with this show. The original antler was trimmed down to two prongs forming a fork and made to fit the hand. The pace is like an advent calendar. Revealing one/two tidbits per episode to move the plot along. Compared to the meandering pace of Season 4 though, this season is like a mine cart careening down a rickety track in a deep, dark cavern. I agree - more Murphy is overdue. 

Onward! All roads lead to Altura.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, For Cereals said:

I liked Doc’s Limbo t-shirt.

I liked that shirt too, even though he's been wearing it for a few episodes now.  They should sell it as merch!  Don't think I'd buy one though lol.

Maybe this has been brought up before, or maybe I'm just amazingly dense, but this has only just now occurred to me:

That the Talkers are a reference to/parody of the Whisperers from The Walking Dead.  Has this been mentioned before?

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, rmontro said:

That the Talkers are a reference to/parody of the Whisperers from The Walking Dead.  Has this been mentioned before?

Now that you mention it, that would make perfect sense.

I loved seeing the Native American ladies again! Although for some reason I thought they were sisters. The episode was fun, I liked 10K as Doc, "oh to be 20 again," but I am seriously missing Murphy. Still wondering what else Keith Allan was working on that he missed so many episodes.

I'm just glad Doc isn't dead.

5 hours ago, Jordan61 said:

I loved seeing the Native American ladies again! Although for some reason I thought they were sisters. The episode was fun, I liked 10K as Doc, "oh to be 20 again," but I am seriously missing Murphy. Still wondering what else Keith Allan was working on that he missed so many episodes.

Allan's IMDb listing shows him doing one Good Doctor episode and a couple of short films in the past year.

I liked this episode as well and thought George's fight with the saboteur was well done, except for when she sticks her face into his, giving him a chance to get the drop on her by head butting her.

I feel like anvils are dropping about whether or not 10K is some version of dead.  When they were being tested for Newmerica admittance, it took a while for him to be declared alive, and this ep Doc says something to him about "better that than dead"; there's the whole thing with his arm not healing - I don't know, it just seems like something's up there.

I thought Nat Zang did a decent job mimicking Russell Hodgkinson's "Doc" movements. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
49 minutes ago, raven said:

I liked this episode as well and thought George's fight with the saboteur was well done, except for when she sticks her face into his, giving him a chance to get the drop on her by head butting her.

Yeah, up until that point George was kicking ass, but that was a stupid thing she did.

6 hours ago, raven said:

feel like anvils are dropping about whether or not 10K is some version of dead.  When they were being tested for Newmerica admittance, it took a while for him to be declared alive, and this ep Doc says something to him about "better that than dead"; there's the whole thing with his arm not healing - I don't know, it just seems like something's up there.

You could be right. it's hard to tell with this show whether the thing about the delay in declaring him alive at Altura was significant or just a throw away joke.

there does seem to be a reluctance to have any of the main characters turn talker though, the grenade makes Sarge's death final, (in a scene lifted straight from Van Helsing, BTW). when you have means to resurrect characters, you also need plot devices like the grenade to make sure the ones you want to stay dead stay dead.

I'm wondering if this will be the final season, because they are moving towards a potential end game with the newmerica plot, plus the talker development (obviously a play on the term 'walker' and a parody of the whisperers concept), which means there will presumably be no more actual zombies.

I'm thinking the writers intend 10K to make it to the end somehow because why else keep the red character hanging around for no apparent plot reason other then to be 10K's love interest? the writers have to keep her character in a virtual limbo (metaphorical, not the actual place), in order to maintain the group dynamic with the other characters. It's like she's only there for 10K to ride off into the sunset with at the end. (we've also got potential love interest for Doc and even Warren, though warren was playing hard to get by locking hers in a car boot surrounded by Zs after hitting him with a monkey wrench.

He'll be back though.

18 minutes ago, BasilSeal said:

You could be right. it's hard to tell with this show whether the thing about the delay in declaring him alive at Altura was significant or just a throw away joke.

there does seem to be a reluctance to have any of the main characters turn talker though, the grenade makes Sarge's death final, (in a scene lifted straight from Van Helsing, BTW). when you have means to resurrect characters, you also need plot devices like the grenade to make sure the ones you want to stay dead stay dead.

I'm wondering if this will be the final season, because they are moving towards a potential end game with the newmerica plot, plus the talker development (obviously a play on the term 'walker' and a parody of the whisperers concept), which means there will presumably be no more actual zombies.

I'm thinking the writers intend 10K to make it to the end somehow because why else keep the red character hanging around for no apparent plot reason other then to be 10K's love interest? the writers have to keep her character in a virtual limbo (metaphorical, not the actual place), in order to maintain the group dynamic with the other characters. It's like she's only there for 10K to ride off into the sunset with at the end. (we've also got potential love interest for Doc and even Warren, though warren was playing hard to get by locking hers in a car boot surrounded by Zs after hitting him with a monkey wrench.

He'll be back though.

I can see the setup for a final season and a possible Season 6. Some loose ends and endgames are obvious. In my head, Cooper is trekking to Newmerica even now. Per Syfy, ratings for this ep and the next 2 eps will determine if there will be a Season 6. So, tweet #RenewZNation if you can.

7 hours ago, raven said:

I feel like anvils are dropping about whether or not 10K is some version of dead.  When they were being tested for Newmerica admittance, it took a while for him to be declared alive, and this ep Doc says something to him about "better that than dead"; there's the whole thing with his arm not healing - I don't know, it just seems like something's up there.

10K: The producer (Karl Shaefer I think) in an interview said that 10K was unique given all the things that has happened to him. He's not exactly a Blend or a Z. Didn't he technically die at the end of Season 3? The hand not healing has to mean something.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, 51Muses said:

10K: The producer (Karl Shaefer I think) in an interview said that 10K was unique given all the things that has happened to him. He's not exactly a Blend or a Z. Didn't he technically die at the end of Season 3? The hand not healing has to mean something.

Technically, yes, 10K was dead for a little while.

2 hours ago, 51Muses said:

I’m halfway-expecting 10K’s hand to regenerate at some point.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Had to go there, didn’t you?  ;)

”I bet it feels HUGE in this hand!”

This is Z Nation. What could be off limits or too over the top? 

10K has simply mislaid his hand. He's forgotten it's in the preservation tank back in Altura. Stitch it back on and see if it merges back together.

• Love 4