Type keyword(s) to search

The Starling City Times: News and Media about Arrow

Grammaeryn
  • Start Topic

I've not really watched many of the interviews but in the ones I have, the misogyny in the questions asked sickens me. It's strange how most of them were directed at EBR too. KC should probably count herself lucky that she's not the love interest anymore because I can only assume that's why EBR is being treated like this. Oh, and the fact that Felicity doesn't wear a costume. Smh.

EBR is being treated like that because she's one of two people who doesn't wear a mask on a show full of superheroes. Well, the only one now I guess since Diggle is Mr. Roboto. 

• Love 1

EBR is being treated like that because she's one of two people who doesn't wear a mask on a show full of superheroes. Well, the only one now I guess since Diggle is Mr. Roboto. 

Yeah, I know. It's really pathetic. And I know this is a show about heroes but when everyone has a costume, I think it makes them less special. *Shrugs*

I was enjoying that writeup until I got to the part where the author says Oliver is, "not surprisingly, Oliver is still the more restless and angst-ridden of the two." I'm pretty sure both EBR and SA have intimated that Felicity is the restless one, while Oliver is the more settled one.

Not just intimated... SA flat out said Oliver was completely at peace, in multiple interviews.

I know fluffy entertainment reporting isn't held to as high a standard, but c'mon.

• Love 3

It's sad what journalism has come to these days. Especially Entertainment journalism.  I've seen tv interviewers having no idea about the show they are interviewing the actor about. Some only know the basic premise about a show like Arrow and that's about it. EBR is being the other half of Olicity is probably all they know about her character having never watched the show. 

In this day and age there are no excuses for not doing a quick internet search about the show, even Wiki would work in a pinch. 

• Love 1

It's frustrating to hear these guys interview KC and WH and talk about how they are fighters and punching people and taking names, and EBR gets the 'you were really emotional' and 'don't you want a costume.' Let's just completely ignore that in the finale, it was Felicity that was the lynch pin. Kinda the same way she was in 3.22. Let's just ignore the fact that well Oliver was dead she had a huge part in making sure Team Arrow stayed a float.

I gotta say, I do love it that EBR's stance is no, Felicity is a hero without a suit, and here's how. I'm kinda disappointed that Ramsey caved.

You aren't the only one.

• Love 6

I gotta say, I do love it that EBR's stance is no, Felicity is a hero without a suit, and here's how. I'm kinda disappointed that Ramsey caved.

I don't know that David really caved. But it was obvious during Season 2 and 3 that Diggle needed a better way to conceal his identity, something better than a balaklava when he's out fighting alongside Oliver, which is where I want him to be. Except for the helmet, which I think is stupid, the rest of his "costume" doesn't look like one. It just looks like a regular motorcycle outfit. Which, for me, works with what David — and Diggle — have said about suits.

• Love 7

ITA he needs identity concealment because that's a no brainer, but they're giving Diggle a ~cool suit~, instead of something you'd see a soldier using in say, a night op in urban environment. That would've been aces. I guess I just loved how poignant David used to be about Diggle being the regular guy, and that he doesn't need a suit BECAUSE HE'S DIGGLE.

• Love 10
(edited)

ITA he needs identity concealment because that's a no brainer, but they're giving Diggle a ~cool suit~, instead of something you'd see a soldier using in say, a night op in urban environment. That would've been aces. 

Isn't that kind of what they're giving him? It looks like he's getting a helmet with goggles or a face shield. He just has a less bulky outfit than a soldier would, it seems.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 1

If that's what is, then I'll gladly accept it. But the blurry pics I saw looked shiny silver and ~style over practical? Hopefully it IS special forces urban op, because that would fit. And would be practical as hell.

(edited)

It's frustrating to hear these guys interview KC and WH and talk about how they are fighters and punching people and taking names, and EBR gets the 'you were really emotional' and 'don't you want a costume.' Let's just completely ignore that in the finale, it was Felicity that was the lynch pin. Kinda the same way she was in 3.22. Let's just ignore the fact that well Oliver was dead she had a huge part in making sure Team Arrow stayed a float.

Haters forget all the things Felicity achieved though and just focus on the things that annoyed them, like crying and having emotions. I'll never understand it. If she had been her usual bubbly self and hadn't shown the kind of emotions that were called for in such a depressing season, everyone would have questioned the depth of her feelings. She just couldn't win. I mean, the man she loves pushed her away and yet she still worked with him. She was kidnapped and found out the man she used to love was still alive and faked his own death. She thought Oliver died. And while all this was going on, she built a super suit and was VP for a successful company. She's the one that was taking names. Their faves could never. Like seriously, I would fight people on this. Haha.

What really gets me is that they even had Sara say at the start of s3 that they weren't their masks and they needed people without them. That never felt like a throwaway line to me. It felt intentional. But no one remembers that. Eye roll.

Edited by Guest

What really gets me is that they even had Sara say at the start of s3 that they weren't their masks and they needed people without them. That never felt like a throwaway line to me. It felt intentional. But no one remembers that. Eye roll.

I love it that Caity Lotz said it out loud this past weekend that that line was Sara nudging Oliver towards Felicity.

• Love 5

I love it that Caity Lotz said it out loud this past weekend that that line was Sara nudging Oliver towards Felicity.

Did she? I love that she remembers that. Love her.

And yeah, an important part of the story, Oliver's story, is learning to live with the mask but not being consumed by it. That's why it bugs me when questions are so focused on masks. There's so much more to it than that.

He's way too thick for metaphors and allegories.  She should have said "Dude, you need to get to poppin' out the babies with Felicity, ASAP.  No early mid-life crisis BS allowed, regardless of explosions or deaths of bird-themed fellow superheroes.  GET ON THAT."

• Love 7
(edited)

Ooh, did she? Can you link the source? I kind of want it for a reference because I've seen some people insist the line referred to Laurel.

Edit: Nevermind, it's on the public appearances thread.

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 2
(edited)

There was an “orgy of plot twists” in season three, and season four will not be that crazy, said Guggenheim. “It’s a new beginning.” The producers also promised much more focus on Diggle and Felicity, as almost co-leads with Oliver.

Don't do this to me, don't promise stuff you can't/won't deliver on or back track from because of some shiny new toy.

http://io9.com/arrow-season-4-will-feature-someone-we-haven-t-seen-in-1717377942

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 9
(edited)

‘Arrow’s’ David Ramsey ships Doliver over Olicity

BY CHRIS E. HAYNER AT 12:07 PM ON JUL 12, 2015

http://zap2it.com/2015/07/arrows-david-ramsey-ships-doliver-olicity/

Sigh.  I watched the actual interview.  DR does not say he ships Doliver over Olcity.  The interviewer implied it and DR played along jokingly.  There is no rivalry like the heading suggests. 

I was enjoying that writeup until I got to the part where the author says Oliver is, "not surprisingly, Oliver is still the more restless and angst-ridden of the two." I'm pretty sure both EBR and SA have intimated that Felicity is the restless one, while Oliver is the more settled one. 

It's not the only thing that I've noticed theses articles getting wrong.  I've watched most of the actual interviews and boy oh boy to the written versions work hard to twist things to their angle or like in this case, just flat out get it wrong.  I think I'll just skip anymore of the Comic-con articles. I saw it in the original source and that's way better.  The articles are just pissing me off. 

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 1

I know it's a sign of my Arrow addiction that this showed up in my Yahoo front page, but I still found it a little jarring.  I know we had a brief discussion on this in the Public Appearances thread, but I can't imagine this is really a great idea for SA.   This person probably is an asshole, but now she looks like a victim.   And I really am a big fan of SA on social media (even though he reminds of a frat boy half the time - at least he's a well-meaning and socially aware one).  This is not his finest moment. 

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/s/arrow-star-stephen-amell-calls-m-night-shyamalan-231401274.html

• Love 1

Velocity23, on 14 Jul 2015 - 11:17 AM, said:

The reporters interview with Wendy

This was posted over in the social media thread.  Brought it over to respond to the TVFanatic interviewer.  She's the one that told EBR that Felicity for many ruined the show. 

That interviewer needs to keep herself out of the question.  Do the interview.  Do not BE the interview.  Plus Felicity was wishy-washy about her career and Oliver?  In what way at all??!!

Also this interviewer does NOT listen.  WM says they want to bring in a female superhero and the interviewer says, yes, it's going to be Dahmien Dahrk.  Insert eye roll.

• Love 3

No you were originally right Felicity and Quentin are the only ones who don't wear masks. Though I swear I read somewhere that Felicitys Ponytail and Glasses could be considered her "Mask"

• Love 1
(edited)

From a Blastr article on LoT...

In the Arrow Season 3 finale, Routh's character appeared to be caught in an explosion in his Palmer Technologies building. But we know he's taking a lead role in the new team.

Routh said he could still be in that building, but "I don't know if I'm there, if I've escaped the building or where I am." However, it will be resolved in the earlier episodes of Arrow.
As Stein, Garber is one half of Firestorm on LoT, but his other half Robbie Amell/ "Ronnie Raymond" has not been connected to the show. Garber said this will be resolved in the Season 2 premiere of The Flash and that he would be appearing in four episodes of that show.

http://www.blastr.com/2015-7-12/legends-tomorrow-cast-producers-reveal-news-main-villain-and-team-chemistry

Edited by tv echo

Bring tissues for the first episode? That doesn't sound good.

Tissues and a shocking ending just in the first episode, lovely.

I think this show has ruined me because instead of being able to concentrate on the positive news that comes out, I'm waiting for the tragic gotcha! moment that rips everything apart. I keep thinking about how last year's pre-season hype talked about the show's "lighter" tone too... which lasted all of 20 minutes into 3x01. I don't think anything at SDCC 2014 hinted at how dark season 3 would be, so I'm wary of all the "oh, the show is going to be totally different now!" talk, especially with tidbits like that from the TV Line interview.

• Love 6

This was posted over in the social media thread.  Brought it over to respond to the TVFanatic interviewer.  She's the one that told EBR that Felicity for many ruined the show. 

That interviewer needs to keep herself out of the question.  Do the interview.  Do not BE the interview.  Plus Felicity was wishy-washy about her career and Oliver?  In what way at all??!!

Also this interviewer does NOT listen.  WM says they want to bring in a female superhero and the interviewer says, yes, it's going to be Dahmien Dahrk.  Insert eye roll.

WM is really impressing me with what I've heard at SDCC. I loved that she asked the interviewer to explain her rationale. You could almost hear the hesitation in the interviewer's voice about what to say when asked to defend herself. I think it was a smart decision by WM to sorta turn the question back on the interviewer. That being said, I think the interviewer's defense was pretty weak but that is neither here or there. We all know s3 wasn't a good season for FS, but she was most definitely no wishy-washy on her career. But I did find it a good sign that WM acknowledge to some degree that perhaps they were not that successful in what they were trying to do with FS's character journey in s3. I'm just hoping that I'm not getting my hopes up too much about s4, because right now it just looks promising.

• Love 2
(edited)

Might TV Fanatic have sent more than one interviewer?

Well, they definitely did, because like I said w/r/t the Leah Pipes (The Originals) dust-up, that interviewer was a man. But honestly, there are sexist people all over, not just KSite and TV Fanatic.

Edited by Carrie Ann
  • Love 1

The only video on that youtube page is the video with Emily. And its her name. Seems it was created just so she can post it.

Wow. That is so petty. Yikes.

(edited)

Honestly, I think the fact that people have gotten up in arms about the TVFanatic interview has only unnecessarily prolonged the pettiness. I thought the interview was a good thing for people to see because it only made EBR look classy and the reporter look like the dumbass she clearly is. The blogger managed to do 3 really bad interviews with The Flash/Arrow ladies. That's not the smartest thing to do when you're trying to get people to take your site seriously.

Edited by NumberCruncher
  • Love 1

TV Fanatic posted this on the reposted video of the interview with Emily:

EVERYONE: We have talked to Emily and we have talked to The CW. They are fine with the interview and with our decision to pull it from our site. TV Fanatic did NOT post this here. The reporter did NOT post this here. There is passion for an actress and there is crossing a line into bullying.... these comments are crossing a line. Please stop.

Different topic, I'm seeing some posts on Twitter about Wendy Mericle saying there will be pics from the Olicity road trip and the source seems to be the TV Line interview. But I swear I never heard that. She said we might get a "peek" not pics, I think. Anyone else heard that?

• Love 4
Different topic, I'm seeing some posts on Twitter about Wendy Mericle saying there will be pics from the Olicity road trip and the source seems to be the TV Line interview. But I swear I never heard that. She said we might get a "peek" not pics, I think. Anyone else heard that?

Yeah, she said we're getting a peek, not pics.

• Love 1