Type keyword(s) to search

Clock Tower Theater: Fanfic, Fan Music Videos and Art

Luckylyn
  • Start Topic

7 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

The other one let Myson speak and called Samantha Sandra.  Tsk, tsk.  

She caught some of them but not all and explained that it's because the character is Sandra in the comics.  I think it's amazing she wrote and posted it within 2 hours of the finale.

It's the one I like better because Felicity gets to disarm some of the bombs with her tablet, and bonus Slade is an Olicity shipper. It's no longer enough to give me the things I wish Oliver would say or think but that don't translate onto what I see on my screen.  5A did that to me.

Oh I agree.  The quick turn around IS absolutely impressive.  And I did like most of what was posted but the kid was really bugging me last night and the moment he spoke I was ready to nope out of there, however unfairly.  Lol.  

(edited)
8 hours ago, statsgirl said:

juliesioux's Under A Starry Sky (Felicity post-explosion)

I loved Under a Starry Sky.  I would have recommended it myself earlier except there is ONE moment in it that made me scratch my head.  The author implies Oliver has never lasted even 3 minutes during sex.  And this is a conversation set after they've settled in Ivy Town.  And it's not a complaint.  Like I said a head scratcher.  

Everything else about it was really beautifully written. Exceptionally so.   

Also really loved Macha's fic.  It's set a little later in the narrative than most post 523. (but not too far)

Edited by BkWurm1
(edited)

And miera's  The Way You Taught Me (warning, it's well written but it's Oliver with William)

A warning beyond it being about the kid.   It is well written and the kid isn't a brainless crayon eater, so that' nice,  but I wish I could have stopped reading it right after William falls asleep.  After that, it loses me super fast.  I'm putting my reasons under spoiler tags but I'm really vague in them as well so as to not spoil the details of the story for those that will still want to read it.  

Spoiler

It harps too much IMO on trading his friends lives for Williams if he had too and ends with IMO Oliver too willing to think everyone is dead.  Some of the things he at first thinks about in that section work with him not knowing if they survived, but the thing with Felicity is something he should not be able to ponder so soon. It's not how I would want Oliver to react or think.  Just too soon.  I don't think the author achieved the emotion they were going for.  I think they wanted uplifting and inspiring and I just found that it made light of his emotions in the moment, specifically for Felicity.  

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 2

I'm a little bummed at the Fics that seem to be about Oliver thinking everyone is dead and leaving the island. Like I just can't imagine Oliver or Lyla saying ah well, the island blew up, no one could survive, let's not bother to look for 5 months.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I'm a little bummed at the Fics that seem to be about Oliver thinking everyone is dead and leaving the island. Like I just can't imagine Oliver or Lyla saying ah well, the island blew up, no one could survive, let's not bother to look for 5 months.

That doesn't work for me either. Yeah, I can see chosing not to have them both at it 24/7 because of the children, but I do think they'd at least alternate.

Also, regarding Macha's fic I don't get why 

Spoiler

Thea would go with Dig and Lyla. Doesn't make much sense to me. I don't think she's even spoken to Dig this year, much less Lyla.

(edited)

Same, @BkWurm1, I felt like it went off the rails towards the end trying to justify William's existence in Arrow. 

Lyla has an entire government agency of black ops at her disposal so at the very least she would have people combing the island if she wasn't there personally. (unless there IS a volcano) 

Edited by leopardprint
1 hour ago, leopardprint said:

Same, @BkWurm1, I felt like it went off the rails towards the end trying to justify William's existence in Arrow. 

Lyla has an entire government agency of black ops at her disposal so at the very least she would have people combing the island if she wasn't there personally. (unless there IS a volcano) 

Plus there's an ARGUS facility on the island. Don't they have to see if anything/one is recoverable?

• Love 2
(edited)

A Friend In Need by bettername2come, in which Cicso saves the day after 5x23.

I expect the search & rescue fic will come along later in the summer, if there are any, when writers have had a bit more time to think about it.  Right now, it's the feels fic.  No way do I think Oliver would have stopped looking as long as he had energy or money.  Even if Felicity weren't there, then for Thea and Diggle.

8 hours ago, bijoux said:

Also, regarding Macha's fic I don't get why 

Reveal hidden contents

Thea would go with Dig and Lyla. Doesn't make much sense to me. I don't think she's even spoken to Dig this year, much less Lyla.

That made sense to me because

Spoiler

The Diggles were close to Thea in s3 when Oliver was with the LoA.  And with Samantha and William going to the loft because there was really no place else for them to go but a hotel, and with Oliver staying there as well, Felicity's home was going to be crowded.  I guess Thea could have gone home along or with Quentin but it makes sense for Digg and Lyla to want to take care of her a bit.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 2

I'm reading this very twisted Olicity fic where Felicity is being tortured by Slade at night but keeping it a secret from Oliver. It's well written albeit wordy but it's like I don't think I like this fic really but for some reason I want to keep reading to find out what happens because it's way twisted. 

1 hour ago, LeighAn said:

I'm reading this very twisted Olicity fic where Felicity is being tortured by Slade at night but keeping it a secret from Oliver. It's well written albeit wordy but it's like I don't think I like this fic really but for some reason I want to keep reading to find out what happens because it's way twisted. 

I do that all the time. I don't know what's wrong with me. I think I know the fic you're talking about though, and I've avoided it because I didn't like the looks of the summary and tags. 

Do you guys ever indulge in "bad" fics that you still enjoy and find appealing but wouldn't recommend?

I read a really bizzare Olicity medieval one. I really enjoyed it though so I left kudos but it was definitely a guilty pleasure thing. 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Do you guys ever indulge in "bad" fics that you still enjoy and find appealing but wouldn't recommend?

I read a really bizzare Olicity medieval one. I really enjoyed it though so I left kudos but it was definitely a guilty pleasure thing. 

Link, please.

(edited)
49 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Lol.  Yeah, sometimes the author has a great premise even if the execution isn't perfect.  There also have been times where the writing isn't great and I constantly rewrote bad or out of character lines in my head so I could keep reading it, lol.  

Speaking of what has become a guilty pleasure, the homeless Oliver fic in the last few chapters, Felicity's characterization is what i imagine used to be written for the guy when they are rescuing the fair maiden who's been down on their luck.  Some of the recent choices to keep Oliver in the dark while she plots and plans (and he's never upset) make me cringe and yet, I keep checking for updates.  I think my favorite moment was when there was a threat and they decided that Diggle should act as Oliver's bodyguard and shadow him at his job, but Felicity could take care of herself, lol.  

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, LeighAn said:

I am so torn about that one.  I really liked her earlier fic but I hate the premise of this, that Felicity allows herself to be tortured by Slade so that he will leave Oliver alone to finally be happy with Sara.  I commented on the first chapter why it upset me and she gave me two really long and nice replies so while I would usually drop the fic at that point, I skipped the next three chapters and picked it up again.  Except for the Slade/Felicity relationship (he's really very twisted) it's a fairly good fic.

42 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

I find if it's an AU it's really easy to tell myself that since most of their circumstances are different, they are allowed to act different.

As long as Olicity looooooove each other looooooots!

Inaccurate fic, especially historically inaccurate fic I have real trouble with.  There's a Regency fic currently where it's an arranged marriage to save the bankrupt Queen estate and when I try to read it, I'm going "No, they wouldn't do that, nope not that either, no, and no" and then I can't go on because it's too wrong.

47 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

Speaking of what has become a guilty pleasure, the homeless Oliver fic in the last few chapters, Felicity's characterization is what i imagine used to be written for the guy when they are rescuing the fair maiden who's been down on their luck.  Some of the recent choices to keep Oliver in the dark while she plots and plans (and he's never upset) make me cringe and yet, I keep checking for updates.  I think my favorite moment was when there was a threat and they decided that Diggle should act as Oliver's bodyguard and shadow him at his job, but Felicity could take care of herself, lol.  

At least if someone has to save someone else, it's Felicity taking on the standard hero role.

But it also means that they never talk over their plans because Felicity is always doing it in secret to protect Oliver (and he's doing the cooking).  What I like about the Oliver on TV is that he's finally willing to talk things over with Felicity and Diggle before he charges ahead.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

All the time.  Totally different fandom, but there was this one Buffy fic series where Buffy starts dating a Highlander style immortal. (I think his name was Steve.) As I recall, it started off a little silly and then went way overboard.  All of the sudden everybody was an immortal, then Xena showed up, and maybe Mulder and Scully?  I think Cordelia became an amazon.  The series had it's own website with, like, made up blueprints of the Marty Stu's house.  It was ridiculous, and I read the hell out of it.

Of course, I was young then, and I can no longer use that excuse.

1 hour ago, BkWurm1 said:

Lol.  Yeah, sometimes the author has a great premise even if the execution isn't perfect.  There also have been times where the writing isn't great and I constantly rewrote bad or out of character lines in my head so I could keep reading it, lol.  

Right?  Oliver's so meek, and it's so weird, but I can't stop reading it.

• Love 2

@Mellowyellow Define bad? As in lame plots or bad writing? Cause I can tolerate bad plots but if you can't form a coherent sentence or the dialogue doesn't sound like anything the characters or humans would say I usually NOPE out hard from those fics. 

Theres been a few fics that the premise was good but the writing was bad.

I also usually stop reading fics where they layout is for example:

Oliver decides picks up the phone to talk to Felicity.

Oliver: Hi Felicity

Felicity: Hi Oliver....

Can't handle it!

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, Hiveminder said:

Right?  Oliver's so meek, and it's so weird, but I can't stop reading it.

Yeah the homeless Oliver fic started out with such promise but I feel like it's reaching Passions level of melodrama but since I've read it this long I'll see it out. I was cool with  the Machiavellian family at first but it's starting to bore me a little now.

Id much rather she'd just stuck with the canon of Oliver and the Gambit and the Island but rather then coming home as the Arrow he's that filled with shame and convinced he's unworthy of his family that he lets them continue to think he's dead but still wants to be near them and so he lives on the streets as some kind of self punishment or something. 

@LeighAn Bad plot. Like super weird plot. 

The one I read Oliver was a knight and Felicity was a maiden gifted to him for winning the war. I think she may vaguely have had some characteristics of real Felicity but that was about it. 

Hehe I enjoyed it though!

1 hour ago, Mellowyellow said:

@LeighAn Bad plot. Like super weird plot. 

The one I read Oliver was a knight and Felicity was a maiden gifted to him for winning the war. I think she may vaguely have had some characteristics of real Felicity but that was about it. 

Hehe I enjoyed it though!

Oh, I know the one you're talking about. Weird fic. 

Oh my God. She's a dead ringer. I actually thought she looked like she was presenting her cover of Let's Go to the Mall.

No I really want someone to do an Arrow video to Let's Go to the Mall.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

WHY do you tempt me to do bad things????!!!! I'm supposed to work on a proper update this week!

Your very bad idea! =P

Thank goodness it's only one sided Raylicity!  

That said, I'm thinking that since LoT broke time and space, maybe they've cracked open the multi-verse and Ray can go rescue some other version of Felicity.  I mean, there has to be some version where Oliver is so screwed up that he's still with Laurel.  And I do want you MellowYellow to have all the happy endings you want.  

7 minutes ago, bijoux said:

I hope Ray would sooner go rescue Anna to be honest.

Sadly he didn't even seem tempted on LoT.  He had her alive and in person and didn't even look torn up about it in season 1.  

32 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

Thank goodness it's only one sided Raylicity!  

That said, I'm thinking that since LoT broke time and space, maybe they've cracked open the multi-verse and Ray can go rescue some other version of Felicity.  I mean, there has to be some version where Oliver is so screwed up that he's still with Laurel.  And I do want you MellowYellow to have all the happy endings you want.  

Oliver's dead on Earth-2, so he should probably start there.

• Love 3

What's the silliest reason you've given up on a fic? Because I just started reading one which states that Lian Yu is in the Atlantic and I just couldn't go on. I'm feeling very rigid here, but I can't help myself.

• Love 2
(edited)
6 minutes ago, bijoux said:

What's the silliest reason you've given up on a fic? 

Spelling Lyla as Layla turns me off because it makes me think the author doesn't really care or even watch Arrow.

Making Felicity a teacher, babysitter or nanny for Oliver's child 

Setting MIT Starling City.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 2
(edited)

I don't know that I'd put this fic under "bad" but I never recommended it to friends either. I can't even remember the title of it, but Felicity was a shapeshifter, a kestrel, I think? I can't remember if she can shift into other forms but anyway, she gets hurt and ends up with Oliver & Diggle in the old lair. The characters are very OOC, like the way Oliver is portrayed with his obsession over bird Felicity was a bit weird. I still don't understand how or why I finished reading that fic. It wasn't particularly well-written either. But it was entertaining, LOL!

Silliest reason for giving up on a fic? The inclusion of either Sara or Laurel in the story. And lately, any mention of William. 

Edited by SmallScreenDiva
  • Love 1
(edited)

I remember that fic. Diggle was very OOC, he was a down right asshole for no reason. 

6 minutes ago, Hiveminder said:

Having Felicity randomly attend Starling University instead of MIT for no conceivable plot or character related reason.

Oh yeah, having Felicity go to SCU for no reason.

Oh just remembered another one, Olicity have children named Stephen and Emily.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

I don't know that I'd put this fic under "bad" but I never recommended it to friends either. I can't even remember the title of it, but Felicity was a shapeshifter, a kestrel, I think? I can't remember if she can shift into other forms but anyway, she gets hurt and ends up with Oliver & Diggle in the old lair. The characters are very OOC, like the way Oliver is portrayed with his obsession over bird Felicity was a bit weird. I still don't understand how or why I finished reading that fic. It wasn't particularly well-written either. But it was entertaining, LOL!

Silliest reason for giving up on a fic? The inclusion of either Sara or Laurel in the story. And lately, any mention of William. 

I think it was called Little Bird Blue.  I generally like that author's fics because she spotlights Oliver's PTSD, but they do get pretty OOC and Oliver tends to be more emotional and ...fragile might be the word, than show Oliver.  That one went particularly overboard in that regard.

8 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I remember that fic. Diggle was very OOC, he was a down right asshole for no reason. 

Oh yeah, having Felicity go to SCU for no reason.

Oh just remembered another one, Olicity have children named Stephen and Emily.

I've actually never seen one with Olicity children named after the actors, but that brings back bad memories of Harry Potter fic where Hermione's parents were named Emma and Dan.