Type keyword(s) to search

Clock Tower Theater: Fanfic, Fan Music Videos and Art

Luckylyn
  • Start Topic

Would definitely watch Felicity and Friends. They think they are going to get us down thinking this is a put down towards Felicity? Screw that. I'd give my money to buy Felicity and Friends on DVD!

That entire Canary cry is embarrassing.

• Love 1

SA can have a creepy side to him... what boggles my mind is that some one in production or pre-preduciton saw that picture and greenlighted it. Somebody should have noticed that he looks like a serial rapist/killer. I know they were going for naughty playboy but they seriously missed the mark.

• Love 3
(edited)

Though the Heavens Fall by freyjaschariot has been updated.

http://archiveofourown.org/works/5109602/chapters/14788408

Once More (From the Top) by writewithurheart has also been updated today. Pretty damn big twist at the end. I won't spoil it for you guys.

http://archiveofourown.org/works/3445124/chapters/14802799

Now if only The Darkest Hour gets updated, I will take it as AO3 celebrating my birthday.

Edited by bijoux
  • Love 1

Once More (From the Top) by writewithurheart has also been updated today. Pretty damn big twist at the end. I won't spoil it for you guys.

Now if only The Darkest Hour gets updated, I will take it as AO3 celebrating my birthday.

Happy birthday!!

and yes that was one hell of a twist.

So I guess this mean Felicity is coming from even further away in the timeline than Oliver!

• Love 1

I know the person who betas and unfortunately there won't be an update this week :(

BUT YAY! Happy Birthday! :D

• Love 1

Happy Birthday!!! I was very happy to see those update as it is my birthday this week as well...

Although AO3 birthday wish was for an update on Blood Hands (for selfish reasons) & Blue Skies (because I just want to know that the author is doing ok). But I did get snow near my birthday which is my annual wish, so at least that worked out for me. I just love snow in early April, its pretty and it melts before it gets to fugly.

• Love 2

Thanks, guys.

and yes that was one hell of a twist.

So I guess this mean Felicity is coming from even further away in the timeline than Oliver!

It was a complete doozy. There are several things that I'm wondering about 

Oliver got sen back when Ra's killed him. What sent Felicity back? It wasn't the shooting, since Malcolm is already missing a hand in her timeline. And Oliver maimed him after Felicity was paralyzed. Also, the Oliver that got sent back supposedly died. Does that mean that S1 Oliver is coming back to the stage? Plus, S3 Oliver was starting to build things up with S1 Felicity. That's all scrapped now.

I'm a bit worried that it's becoming too tangled.

• Love 1

Question: should I read the next chapter of Forever Is Composed Of Nows or not bother? Every chapter is getting longer and longer and longer and nothing really changes. I'm pretty bored of it now but I want to read some fic. Help me out!

Question: should I read the next chapter of Forever Is Composed Of Nows or not bother? Every chapter is getting longer and longer and longer and nothing really changes. I'm pretty bored of it now but I want to read some fic. Help me out!

Nothing happens

except for maybe them dry humping one another lol

• Love 3
(edited)

I wouldn't call 

furiously dry humping

nothing.  ;p   Basically it's emotional stuff between Oliver and Felicity.  More bonding and stuff.  I enjoyed the stuff. 

Still need to rant about the current plot hole.   

They have Oliver getting ready to deny that Ellie is his daughter but they are going to say that she IS Felicity's kid. Um, what happens when Ellie vanishes?? It's clear that the relationship between Oliver and Felicity is going forward so they are never going to be under the radar. People are going to notice when Felicity is suddenly kidless. Her doctors are going to notice when she mentions she's never had a child before. Why aren't they both releasing a statement she's not their kid?

PLOT HOLE!!!

Opps, didn't peek under Wonderwall's spoiler tag before I did my first one, lol. 

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 5

First Impressions has updated.  Yay

But if you really want to submerge yourself in a good Oliver/Felicity fic and don't mind the AU, I recommend her 21 Guns series.  The first one is Felicity first person but I didn't mind even though I usually hate first person fic.  She's also the author of P.S. I  Hate You.

Nothing happens

except for maybe them dry humping one another lol

Yeaaaaah, it's not worth it. LOL. Maybe I'll finish reading the fic when they've finished and it's not a growing WIP with no end in sight. Haha. I just feel like its lost its way.

I’m still enjoying it.  The non-tainted (by BMD) bonding between O&F is what I need.  It could be more tightly written but I’m finding right now the richness in their emotional journey is more important to me than plot.

• Love 5

Although AO3 birthday wish was for an update on Blood Hands (for selfish reasons) & Blue Skies (because I just want to know that the author is doing ok). But I did get snow near my birthday which is my annual wish, so at least that worked out for me. I just love snow in early April, its pretty and it melts before it gets to fugly.

Happy birthday!  I recently left a comment on the last chapter of Blue Skies not only because it is well written but because I think of that author and hope she's doing ok. 

• Love 1

I’m still enjoying it.  The non-tainted (by BMD) bonding between O&F is what I need.  It could be more tightly written but I’m finding right now the richness in their emotional journey is more important to me than plot.

It's still a fic I want to know the outcome to. I loved the first few chapters and was very excited about the story in general. But I feel like we're stalling a bit now? It's hard to explain. I get the emotional journey and appreciate that but we're treading over the same ground in nearly every chapter and getting too lost in their internal monologues about how much they want each other and IDK, I just want to move forward now. Pick up the pace a bit, especially after 15 chapters. I agree, it does need tightening.

I hope that happens soon.

I think if I was reading each chapter back to back I would be more impatient, but as it is, I get to Monday just desperate for some positive, emotionally satisfying interaction between them.  Finding that hard to find out there right now. 

• Love 3

I like reading a whole fic best.  I get immersed in it, live there for a few hours, and then move on. I know that there are benefits to chapters each week or even each month but when I've got a bunch going, I often forget what just went on and have to stop, go back, remember, and then read the chapter.

So my favorite is when I discover an old completed fic by author I enjoy.

• Love 4

Reading the WIP can be challenging if they do not have frequent updates. If not, I generally have to go back and read the last chapter and even then sometimes I can forget exactly which story is which. That being said there is some excitement when you see a bookmarked story has been updated. Some should almost post previously on sections if they haven't updated in a month.

• Love 3

Reading the WIP can be challenging if they do not have frequent updates. If not, I generally have to go back and read the last chapter and even then sometimes I can forget exactly which story is which. That being said there is some excitement when you see a bookmarked story has been updated. Some should almost post previously on sections if they haven't updated in a month.

I started doing that for one I did long ago, it was kind of fun pulling the important quotes and doing it up like a TV previously on. 

• Love 1

A couple of one shots I enjoyed. (For some reason, the link function isn't working for me.)

Run by bobs.

Post break-up, Felicity tries to deal with it when she runs into Oliver.

http://archiveofourown.org/works/6373396

I’d Rather Fuel the Fantasy Than Deal With This Alone by theshipsfirstmate.

Immediately following Laurel's death, Felicity and Oliver deal with their feelings in what I think is a very realistic scenario given the limo flash forward.

http://archiveofourown.org/works/6514468

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 1

There's a FiCoN update. Things are taking detours from where I want them to go, dealing with timey wimey, while I'd rather focus on Isabel, but Laurel Lance is the voice of reason (I know!) and Ellie is obviously

a speedster as well, which explains why Zoom is after her. Not so much how she became one.

There's a FiCoN update. Things are taking detours from where I want them to go, dealing with timey wimey, while I'd rather focus on Isabel, but Laurel Lance is the voice of reason (I know!) and Ellie is obviously

a speedster as well, which explains why Zoom is after her. Not so much how she became one.

And the blonde 

fighting with Zoom and Barry is her, not Sara. Which...unless they change up Zoom's M.O., I'm not really sure how grabbing her when she's a child is beneficial to him?

Unless maybe I have it all wrong and 

she's not a speedster at all, and Sara actually IS the one fighting him with Barry.

I'm certain it's

Ellie. There has to be a reason why Zoom wants to get her. I'm just not sure it's a story that interests me.

But I'll definitely read the next chapter because I want to see what Laurel's plan is. I know!

hold on ladies!

Wait. what?! how did you guys even reach that conclusion?!!

I admit I was trying to read the chapter while providing much needed TLC to two cats so i may have missed something.

Well, 

Zoom has to be after her for a reason, so based on what we know of him over on The Flash, she's probably a speedster, although like I posted above, I'm not sure how going after her as a toddler helps him, but I'm guessing they'll explain that? And I figured that the blonde was Ellie based on thinking that we're due for some kind of a twist soon, and because one of the authors said we'd be seeing another version of Ellie. It's just conjecture at this point, but I'll be surprised if that isn't her.

• Love 2

I'm interested in seeing where this fic will go. Felicity is apparently blind in this, but I like that the author didn't make her helpless. Oliver is a bit like pre-island Oliver. And I really enjoyed that little twist in chapter 2. It's safe to say I've never really read anything like it :p But I enjoyed their other works so I'm giving it a shot!

http://archiveofourown.org/works/6453376/chapters/14769379

As far as FICON. I think I"m going to wait till they finish the fic before I start reading it again. I think it's too slow for me right now.

• Love 1

Okay, so, I'm totally an adult and was quite the hoochie in college, but I've read several updates of fics lately in which adult versions of O and F dry hump, and, um, really? Is that a thing, for adults? 

Well, 

Zoom has to be after her for a reason, so based on what we know of him over on The Flash, she's probably a speedster, although like I posted above, I'm not sure how going after her as a toddler helps him, but I'm guessing they'll explain that? And I figured that the blonde was Ellie based on thinking that we're due for some kind of a twist soon, and because one of the authors said we'd be seeing another version of Ellie. It's just conjecture at this point, but I'll be surprised if that isn't her.

I figured it's a Terminator situation.

Re wonderwall's post, that's a YellowFlicker story. I like YellowFlicker's writing, a lot. She's kind of experimental and I get that not everyone will like her writing, but I love her asides and kind of flickering thoughts. I give everything she writes a chance.

I think I need to step away from fic for a bit. Nothing seems to be doing much for me. I just read the new chapter of Once More (From the Top) and it really didn't strike a chord. I'm starting to think it's not the authors, it's me.

http://archiveofourown.org/works/3445124/chapters/14952028

I am right with you.  I think I am feeling grumpy about the show and it is hurting my enjoyment of other writers' take on the characters.

Edited by Reba

Yes. At first I thought it was going to be a suspense fic, and then it turned funny.

I really like how she writes Felicity. Past or present or future (I’ve Forgotten How It Felt Before the World Fell at Our Feet ), she seems to write Felicity as the character that I see in the show.  In this one, I think she's also nailed the Oliver of mid-season 2, starting to have feelings for Felicity but kinda clueless about it all.

ETA:

I just found this, the olicity fandom map:.  You add your location

https://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=1949014#

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 1

Is anyone reading this? http://archiveofourown.org/works/6452551/chapters/14767405

It's from MachasWicket and I'm really enjoying it.

This one is terrific so far.

Yes. At first I thought it was going to be a suspense fic, and then it turned funny.

I really like how she writes Felicity. Past or present or future (I’ve Forgotten How It Felt Before the World Fell at Our Feet ), she seems to write Felicity as the character that I see in the show. In this one, I think she's also nailed the Oliver of mid-season 2, starting to have feelings for Felicity but kinda clueless about it all.

I really dig her writing because our views of the characters align.

For the most part the only Olicity fic I can read these days are retellings set at the end or near the end of season two. Something about the current drama isn't letting me move forward ( I need the in show fix before I can accept any present day Olicity) and it's also keeping me from enjoying stuff set earlier in the season because that comes with a ticking time bomb. So yeah, it's rough out there.

About Forever is Composed of Now, Ellie's reaction to Laurel and everyone's reaction to what she says hit me harder than I would have expected. And on top of that they made Laurel say exactly what had been driving me nuts about the plan. Laurel Lance, voice of reason?? (Now you know it's an AU, lol).

I think the guesses as to why Zoom is after Ellie are right but I doubt it's more than a plot point so they could explain the need to send her back so we could have our story. I would be surprised if they actually explored that much. Seems not what they are focusing on.

• Love 3

My one requirement for Arrow fic--even AUs--is that Oliver spend time on the Island. I feel like the only writer really capturing the current mood and themes of the show in a satisfying way is theshipsfirstmate, but the angst is brutal.  I really liked the piece she posted last week "I've Got the Pictures to Prove I was There", and I think she's doing a nice job in all her stuff of writing an Oliver and Felicity who are hurt and apart, but will find their way back to each other.  I still wish she'd finish "Slave to the Wires", an AU that needs only one more chapter, and whenever I need a good cry I go read her futurefic "That's All You".

• Love 2

About Forever is Composed of Now, Ellie's reaction to Laurel and everyone's reaction to what she says hit me harder than I would have expected. And on top of that they made Laurel say exactly what had been driving me nuts about the plan. Laurel Lance, voice of reason?? (Now you know it's an AU, lol).

I thought they did a really good job of Laurel -- brittle, hurt underneath but still willing to help them not to mention smart. If the show had only written her that well, I think she might not have been in the grave right now.

I also thought they did a good job with Zoom catching sight of Ellie and trying to get through the barrier that separated them.  It really was scary.

• Love 3