Type keyword(s) to search

Clock Tower Theater: Fanfic, Fan Music Videos and Art

Luckylyn
  • Start Topic

6 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

No, 

Hide contents

He was time traveling and got stuck because his little time machine broke and he went to Felicity's apartment because he knew she had the right size tools to fix it (we found out today that Noah had given her a set that he knew she kept in a shoebox that were small enough to do the trick). I don't recall if he ever told her specifically what he was actually doing when he got stuck.

Ah, thanks! I forgot about that, I did read the first chapter. 

I haven't read the time-travel story, but maybe we could fit it in with the LoT Star City timeline where Oliver is without Felicity?

Spoiler

I like the idea that Felicity is the anti-Laurel and won't even stand for Oliver cheating on her with a younger self, lol!  So she splits, which ends up leading to grizzled, one-armed Oliver.

Man, I'm such a Felicity Stan.

No, 

Spoiler

they're definitely married in this timeline, possibly for literal decades. Oliver's mentioned 20 years in one chapter, but I'm not sure if that's how long they've been married or how long they've known each other. It's this that makes FutureOliver slip up at times and call Felicity honey, freaking her out in turn. This part I thought was cute and made sense. Then it turned to yuck.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Need help for research purposes!

Scene where Oliver injects something into his knee and Felicity looks grossed out.

Can someone get me the chemical name?

Thank you! I can't find the clip!

Lidocaine

• Love 2
11 hours ago, apinknightmare said:

Yes.

Reveal hidden contents

Right now they’re back to sitting on the couch, this time fully cuddled into each other. Oliver has practically cocooned her in his embrace, rarely letting her move away. She doesn't mind, she rather likes being in the safety of his arms. Besides, she wants to soak up as much time with him as possible.

They don't talk much, wanting to get lost in their peaceful bubble that could very well burst any minute.

That minute, happens to be now.

Everything seems to happen at once. Felicity hears the whooshing sound before she feels it. A gush of air comes through her living room before a streak of lightning appears out of nowhere. She yelps when it’s followed by a figure in red just materializing in the middle of her living room.

Oliver doesn't seem too concerned. He keeps his hold on her, tightening when he feels her jump, but he looks completely unphased by the man in red who stands in front of them.

“Is there any particular reason why you specifically had me pick you up 40 minutes after you sent the signal?” The man in red asks as he looks around the room. Then his eyes zero in on them on the couch. “Oh… I get it now.” he says in a wry tone.

But didn't he also 

Spoiler

need time to clean up her apartment so that once he erased her memory of his visit, she wouldn't see the evidence of it all around her?

**It’s been about twenty minutes now since Oliver managed to successfully send a message to his time to let them know where he is. Or so he says. Felicity can’t know for sure if he was successful since she doesn't know how the whole sending messages through time thing works. She just has to trust in him that he’s right.

In the time since then, they’ve cleaned up the place, per Oliver’s insistence. He put back all of the tools he took into their rightful place. He tidied up the tablet in her room and any mess he created when he was hiding in there. He even washed the dishes!

Felicity doesn't know why he was so focused on cleaning. She told him she could do it in the morning, but he insisted. He also wore a pained look on his face whenever she mentioned tomorrow.

It saddens her too, thinking about how she’ll have to wake up in the morning with all the knowledge about the future and not be able to do anything about it. But something tells her future Oliver isn’t sad about that. After all, why would he be? He’s going back home to that very future she wants to live in now.

Right now they’re back to sitting on the couch, this time fully cuddled into each other. Oliver has practically cocooned her in his embrace, rarely letting her move away. She doesn't mind, she rather likes being in the safety of his arms. Besides, she wants to soak up as much time with him as possible.**

So, only 20 minutes of cleaning and 20 minutes of cuddling.  Old!Oliver is only half as awful when one does the math! ?

• Love 2
8 hours ago, leopardprint said:

I was just going to post this and tag you! 

Who is is going to be Lemon? 

haha that was my first thought! Who is Lemon????

Arrghhhh still freaking out! Hart of Dixie by one of my favourite writers! Must refrain from leaving scary over the top comments!

Spoiler

and oddly enough I like that Laurel is cast as George! 

1 hour ago, Mellowyellow said:

Reveal hidden contents

and oddly enough I like that Laurel is cast as George! 

Spoiler

Maybe Thea? Wade and Lemon had an annoying sibling relationship. Could work. Laurel as George totally works. 

@leopardprint

Spoiler

I thought about Thea! And Moira can be the snooty southern rich lady. I just hope she leaves out the Wade cheats on Zoe bit! 

I've grown accustomed to her one shots it's going to kill me to wait for updates! 

Edited by Mellowyellow
10 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Spoiler

I just hope she leaves out the Wade cheats on Zoe bit!

Fun fact (that maybe everyone knows IDK):

Spoiler

The girl Wade cheated with was played by SA's wife.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Reveal hidden contents

OMG I did not know that! Am terrible at recognising people!  

Edited by Mellowyellow
1 hour ago, apinknightmare said:

Reveal hidden contents

I did not know that, probably because I was busy throwing things at the tv screen when that happened.

10 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

I did not know that, probably because I was busy throwing things at the tv screen when that happened.

It was such a good show until that happened! I remember applauding them for not hooking up Wade and Lemon like I thought they would (Gossip Girl made me assume nothing was ever off limits).  

The First 48's penultimate chapter is up and the case is closed. Even according to the author, the last chapter will be more like an epilogue. @Mellowyellow

Spoiler

I think you're safe. Ray hasn't been indicated to have been involved in the conspiracy, and I doubt it will be revealed in the last chapter. He wasn't even featured in the last two posted chapters.

ARGGHHHH totally freaking out about how good that Olicity Hart of Dixie AU is!!!!!!

She is soooooo good!!!!!!! Soooooooo good!!!!!!!!!!!! And so funny!!!!!!!!

haha I need to freak out on this board so I can leave calmer comments for the author on her page! 

• Love 1

The First 48 is completed. While not perfect - bit much repetetive inner monologue for my taste and the crime plot didn't stay as tense as it started - it's really solid. B, maybe even B+. I'll definitely check out the author's future work.

Spoiler

The final chapter is just Oliver and Felicity, which I appreciated, but I was lowkey expecting some reconnecting with Thea and/or Moira. The information in an earlier chapter felt like an anvil.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, bijoux said:

The First 48 is completed. While not perfect - bit much repetetive inner monologue for my taste and the crime plot didn't stay as tense as it started - it's really solid. B, maybe even B+. I'll definitely check out the author's future work.

Reveal hidden contents

The final chapter is just Oliver and Felicity, which I appreciated, but I was lowkey expecting some reconnecting with Thea and/or Moira. The information in an earlier chapter felt like an anvil.

I like everything of hers I've read. I liked this one a lot too, although

Spoiler

Oliver's decision to back off the kiss and still have a go at friendship first with Felicity didn't make a whole lot of sense to me after the whole ordeal was done. I would've thought he'd have done the opposite since they both nearly died. I'm glad it was resolved in the next chapter and we weren't left hanging, I just thought that was a weird choice considering what they'd both been through, and also considering it wasn't an actual stall since it was tied up immediately.

1 hour ago, Mellowyellow said:

I have to plug her (charmingwords23) Bachelorette fic! It was great! Hehe I watched years of Bachelor/Bachelorette when I was younger though so I really enjoyed her take on what probably goes on behind the scenes!

I haven't read it because I don't know if the concept works with these characters for me. In this fic, she really did very well setting up parallels to the show and fittong character traits into new circumstances, particularly in the early, world-building chapters. 

I see there's a completed While You Were Sleeping AU on AO3. Has anyone dipped their toe in that? Because I unabashedly love While You Were Sleeping and it doesn't seem impossible to use that situation as a starting point for these characters.

Though I see no Dig in the tags, which I don't get if you have a cast of characters.

• Love 1

Just finished The First 48 which was absolutely wonderful. The author did such a fabulous job conveying so much emotion without me going "Get on with it and stop being dramatic."

Hehe I wish I could have given her more kudos! I kept clicking the kudo button because I liked it so much!

• Love 2
21 hours ago, bijoux said:

I haven't read it because I don't know if the concept works with these characters for me. In this fic, she really did very well setting up parallels to the show and fittong character traits into new circumstances, particularly in the early, world-building chapters. 

Agreed, I skipped the first one because it didn't seem to fit with Arrow. I was even hesitant to read The First 48 because the show it's based on is a Real Life Cop show (camera follow cops around on the investigation). I really didn't want to read an Arrow version of that, especially since I don't watch reality tv

• Love 1
9 hours ago, bijoux said:

I see there's a completed While You Were Sleeping AU on AO3. Has anyone dipped their toe in that? Because I unabashedly love While You Were Sleeping and it doesn't seem impossible to use that situation as a starting point for these characters.

Though I see no Dig in the tags, which I don't get if you have a cast of characters.

Dig is definitely there and I enjoyed the fic. There was a lot of time between installments but I can't remember having issues with characterization and I think the author makes the 

Spoiler

Arrow aspect work in a RomCom setting.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, leopardprint said:

Dig is definitely there and I enjoyed the fic. There was a lot of time between installments but I can't remember having issues with characterization and I think the author makes the 

Hide contents

Arrow aspect work in a RomCom setting.

Thanks. I'll give it a go.

It's been a long time since I read it (one of those I thought will never be finished) but I remember enjoying it.

If anyone wants to have another look at the Buffy/Arrow crossover, Oliver and the team know now that Felicity is the new slayer and it was done pretty well.

Felicity Smoak and the City of Gold by acheaptrickandacheesyoneline.  An AU inspired by Indiana Jones/The Mummy?Clive Cussler

@TrueMyth regarding Moira in your story:

Spoiler

Is she taken from the series La Femme Nikita too? If she is, is her character similar to the Amanda character in the Maggie Q series or very different? I watched some of the Maggie Q series and Amanda (Moira's equivalent) was just down right evil. Your Moira seems more nuanced so I'm wondering if in LFN she was just an evil witch or had more to her. 

4 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

@TrueMyth regarding Moira in your story:

Hide contents

Is she taken from the series La Femme Nikita too? If she is, is her character similar to the Amanda character in the Maggie Q series or very different? I watched some of the Maggie Q series and Amanda (Moira's equivalent) was just down right evil. Your Moira seems more nuanced so I'm wondering if in LFN she was just an evil witch or had more to her. 

Spoiler

I can't really say how well she compares to Amanda because I've honestly only watched the first few episodes of Nikita.  I plan to watch more when I finish The Love Thieves, but I don't want to get my narratives confused (and also, I want to spend as much time as I can carve out actually writing!).

La Femme Nikita had Madeline, who was an awesome character, one of my favorites.  She is portrayed as basically a high-functioning psychopath with a clear internalization of ends-justifying-the-means mentality and a great ability to project empathy.  She is mysterious and keeps her end game close to herself. Here's a clip of her 'motivating' doctors to save Operations life:

I suppose you could say she is evil like Dexter (of Dexter) is evil, but it is a lawful evil, never really taking pleasure in her cruelty or ruthlessness.  As magnificent as Arrow's Moria is, I think she has some similar traits, though she plays much closer to society's rules of good behavior and honestly loves her children... by the same token, she will do horrible things in the name of protecting her kids.  In an environment like Section, where death and murder is much more on the table, I could see Moira growing very close to Madeline, though I don't think Moira was a true psychopath.

Speaking of, I've finished posting The Love Thieves, part two: Ludus, though I felt a bit sick promoting my fictional terrorism story just after what went down in Charlottesville, VA.  Ugh. Maybe next time I'll work in a Nazi for Felicity or Oliver to punch.

• Love 3

Has anyone been reading (Don't) Let Me Go? I don't know whether to give it a shot because I've previously struggled with/hated the way the author blamed Felicity for the break-up. That's just a huge no for me. Plus it feels like she doesn't even like Felicity tbh so I'm not sure. Thoughts? I really want to read something!

5 hours ago, TrueMyth said:

Speaking of, I've finished posting The Love Thieves, part two: Ludus

I waited until you posted the whole thing before I started reading. I'm 3 chapters in right now and loving it. Please tell me you're writing more! 

Edited by Guest
1 hour ago, Angel12d said:

Has anyone been reading (Don't) Let Me Go? I don't know whether to give it a shot because I've previously struggled with/hated the way the author blamed Felicity for the break-up. That's just a huge no for me. Plus it feels like she doesn't even like Felicity tbh so I'm not sure. Thoughts? I really want to read something!

I think it's really good and worth a read, but then I've liked all her other fics as well, and I've never felt that she blamed Felicity for the breakup or disliked Felicity. 

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, Hiveminder said:

I think it's really good and worth a read, but then I've liked all her other fics as well, and I've never felt that she blamed Felicity for the breakup or disliked Felicity. 

IDK. She defintely placed a lot of blame on Felicity, IMO. I remember feeling quite ragey reading some of her other stuff. I enjoy her AU fics though so I'm conflicted! I might just wait until it's completed and then I can burn through it in one go.

3 hours ago, Angel12d said:

I waited until you posted the whole thing before I started reading. I'm 3 chapters in right now and loving it. Please tell me you're writing more! 

I absolutely plan on continuing.  I have many parts mapped out and part 3 already outlined with part of the first chapter written! :)  Of course my life is super busy right now (back to teaching full time post-maternity leave, two kids under 4 at home, house mid-remodel, living with my folks while it's finished, thus a longer commute, and breast-feeding), so I'm lucky if I get a few hours to write a week right now.  I really can't say WHEN part three will start posting, only that I'll wait until it is all done as I did with part two, so that I can at least be sure of giving a satisfying chunk of story, if not the whole epic madness I've taken on.  I can be bribed for story spoilers via private message here or on Tumblr, though it's probably more satisfying to wait, honestly.

• Love 2

What do you guys think of "Some Things Are Meant to Be"?

I liked "His Girl Wednesday" but got annoyed that it ended badly and needed a sequel so I haven't bothered reading STAMTB (or I may have skimmed a few chapters but I don't remember now)! 

Worth a read or not? It's sooooo long and I'm guessing it's not one of those fluffy fics I like.