Type keyword(s) to search

Clock Tower Theater: Fanfic, Fan Music Videos and Art

Luckylyn
  • Start Topic

52 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

How does an uncashed check show up on tax records? ?

Also why is DHS doing a tax audit? ?

Why am I expecting realistic depictions of government agencies and processes from Arrow? ?

Maybe it was a cashiers check? I know I wouldn't use a personal check to give someone a million dollars. 

(edited)
21 minutes ago, Hiveminder said:

Maybe it was a cashiers check? I know I wouldn't use a personal check to give someone a million dollars. 

Wouldn't Samantha have also been audited then? 

MAYBE THAT'S WHY SHE HATED OLIVER! The IRS was on her about the missing two million dollars.

Someone should write a fanfic about poor Samantha's tax woes. 

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 11
(edited)

Yeah he's a 12 year old kid but he's a 12 year old kid that's been through a trauma. I held my mom's hand when I was 17 when I went through my own traumas. It's not abnormal. It's not like they're holding hands and going on a stroll... 

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 6

I don't really have an issue with it in this context. They just watched the whole island blow up, Oliver probably doesn't want to just randomly leave him somewhere on his own, and regardless of what William might think of Oliver once they get back to safety, he did save him from Chase and is also probably at one point the only one around who William even slightly knows. 

• Love 10

Do you guys like one shots in one multi chapter work containing all the author's one shots or littered about?

I'm normally a super messy person but seeing lots of one shots and their sequels posted seperately irks me. 

There is a short story right now with a sequel up and I'm thinking "Oh just put it in the first story as chapter 2 damnit!!!!"

• Love 1

I have occasionally seen one shots that are a direct sequel to another one shot as a completely separate fic. That bugs me. If it's one shots that are only related because the same person wrote them I don't really care, although I tend to pass on multi chapter collections of one shots. 

• Love 1

As a reader, I very much dislike anthologies of disconnected one shots posted as multichapters. Even if they occur in the same universe, I think they should be posted as a series.  Series make stories easy find in connection to each other, while still standing on their own. Even for authors whom I love, like MachaSWicket, I don't dive into her shorts collection and only see them when she posts to Tumblr and I happen to catch it on my feed.

Summaries to individual chapters don't show up on searches and fics with a huge block of tags are hard to parse or skim for NoTPs.  For example, maybe I would like your Thea & Felicity friendship fic, but I don't want to read Raylicity (sorry!)? If your multi chapter collection is tagged with both relationships, I don't know how many of each I might find.  How do I know which chapter to jump to?

My caveat to that would be very, very short works.  I posted my collect of X-files drabbles as chapters, but the longest was ~800 words and most were true drabbles of 100-200.  I felt silly posting 100 words as a single, separate story!  What I did for that fic was post a masterlist of chapters in the first Author's Note detailing characters, ships, rating, and setting for each.  You can check out The Arc of Time on my AO3 if you want to see how that looks.

• Love 5

Can someone please answer a question for me about The First 48 so I can decide whether to read it.

Spoiler

Is Ray the baddie in it?

Thank you!

@TrueMyth my husband agrees with you! Was telling him gleefully how I dump everything in one folder and how it makes perfect sense to me and he was HORRIFIED! He was like "OMG trust you to go dumping things in one big pile when I'm not there to organise it for you! I bet you don't use tags properly either!" 

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Unless there's a twist, 

Reveal hidden contents

no, he's not a baddie. He just comes off as a well-meaning, kinda desperate guy who can't take a hint.

So not far off his real personality.

• Love 4

Fine, you guys made me crack. I checked out the first chapter and it's definitely got potential. Oliver's been translated to this new setting very well. There's his shooting abilities, only with a gun instead of a bow and arrow, his detachment in order to focus on the job at hand. I liked Felicity's, She was nice to me. Nice callback to the show and how she galvanized when Walter went missing.

Spoiler

I'm verklempt that Roy died before the story started. ? I didn't expect that.

The feathers at the crime scene are also an intriguing link to the show.

With everyone on the island having the potential to be blown up, it's an almost blank slate for s6.  I gave in to temptation and peeked at Stand_With_Ward_And_Queen's Arrow season six.  Because there have to be consequences to the flinale

Spoiler

Curtis, Dinah and Felicity die (surprise!).  Quentin dies too so that Sara can come back and reconnect with Oliver.  Surprisingly Black Siren dies too, I thought that would be the big romance.

And if that didn't convince you, Barry gets a statue. And a lot of people saying how wonderful he was.

1 minute ago, statsgirl said:

With everyone on the island having the potential to be blown up, it's an almost blank slate for s6.  I gave in to temptation and peeked at Stand_With_Ward_And_Queen's Arrow season six.  Because there have to be consequences to the flinale

Hide contents

Curtis, Dinah and Felicity die (surprise!).  Quentin dies too so that Sara can come back and reconnect with Oliver.  Surprisingly Black Siren dies too, I thought that would be the big romance.

And if that didn't convince you, Barry gets a statue. And a lot of people saying how wonderful he was.

Lol. Sometimes I just can't stop myself from reading his fic because they make me giggle. I can't get more than a few chapters before the eye rolling becomes too much though. 

I gotta admire the complete determination to re-make the show into what he wants it to be.

Samantha survives, I'm guessing for the same reason that we want her to survive and take William away.

21 hours ago, apinknightmare said:

Unless there's a twist, 

Reveal hidden contents

no, he's not a baddie. He just comes off as a well-meaning, kinda desperate guy who can't take a hint.

I think 

Spoiler

That Ray and Cooper are both working for Darhk

I think I have two chapters to catch up on, but so far 

Spoiler

my money is on Cooper. Ray seems harmless and the author is really good at painting a picture with few words. Ray "puffing his chest like the Boy Scout he was" was hilarious.

2 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

This is pretty cute!

S6 fic

The New Place

I liked it well enough, but for some reason, it bugs me when it bugs either Oliver or Felicity that Billy had ever been in the loft or that the bed was now tainted.  I've read it in a couple fics now and yeah, not sure why it irritates me but it does.  

1 hour ago, BkWurm1 said:

I liked it well enough, but for some reason, it bugs me when it bugs either Oliver or Felicity that Billy had ever been in the loft or that the bed was now tainted.  I've read it in a couple fics now and yeah, not sure why it irritates me but it does.  

It doesn't bother me when they are bothered by it, but more because I get a little grossed out when I think about anyone ever having had sex on any bed that I am now sleeping on. Having to move to an entirely new apartment is a bit much. 

What bothered me about this fic was that Oliver just went and got a new apartment that he expected Felicity to move into without discussing it with her. Is that supposed to be romantic? I would flip out if my ex/maybe current boyfriend just went out and got an apartment for us without my input, and that's without Oliver history of making decisions for Felicity. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

Hehe I enjoyed it enough to leave a kudo but no raving comment because it wasn't a perfect fluffy fic. I haven't found anything for ages so I did like reading it. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, TrueMyth said:

Thank you so much, @bijoux!  I've been agonizing a bit about the tone of this chapter.  Glad it struck the intended chord!

I think you of all people need never worry about the tone of your story! It's one of your best skills!

I'm waiting for cake and tea to read the update later! 

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, bijoux said:

I see the fic with time travelling older Oliver popping in after the Clock King encounter is done. Has anyone read the final chapter?

I just did.

Spoiler

He ends up giving her a forget-me-now amnesia pill.

It was alright.

16 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

@TrueMyth Left a comment but wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed the way you wrote that kiss (without offending other writers)!

Once you've read a few Olicity kisses you've read them all! Yours was unique and just bloody awesome (excuse my Aussieness)! 

You are too kind!  Thanks.  Big kiss for you! ;)

• Love 1

I'm kinda sad about the time-traveling fic, it started out with such promise.

Spoiler

I also get that the author wasn't prepared to into her whole concept at the moment and am glad that she closed the story. But it was disappointing. And, honestly, a bit dickish of Oliver to tell her all this stuff and then take away her memory. And nothing changed story-wise because apparently everything is just supposed to happen as it did.

I'm glad that 

Spoiler

there was a reason why he felt okay telling her everything about their future, because that was something that really bothered me - that he seemed so unconcerned about changing things when he'd obviously changed things. That being said, even in a time-traveling fic it's a little much for me to believe that there's a pill that can erase someone's memory to an exact time of day. Only a couple of hours of memory? So convenient! 

I also thought it was weird that he told Felicity to wait 40 minutes to send someone to get him so he could have some cuddle time with a younger Felicity. 

It did start out with such promise. It's just not a great subject to tackle unless you're going to change things and cover the fallout.

Am I getting this right?

Spoiler

FutureOliver had FutureFelicity, aka his wife of many, many years, wait to send someone for him so he could cuddle with her younger self? If I am right, way to be an old perv.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, bijoux said:

Am I getting this right?

Hide contents

FutureOliver had FutureFelicity, aka his wife of many, many years, wait to send someone for him so he could cuddle with her younger self? If I am right, way to be an old perv.

Yes.

Spoiler

Right now they’re back to sitting on the couch, this time fully cuddled into each other. Oliver has practically cocooned her in his embrace, rarely letting her move away. She doesn't mind, she rather likes being in the safety of his arms. Besides, she wants to soak up as much time with him as possible.

They don't talk much, wanting to get lost in their peaceful bubble that could very well burst any minute.

That minute, happens to be now.

Everything seems to happen at once. Felicity hears the whooshing sound before she feels it. A gush of air comes through her living room before a streak of lightning appears out of nowhere. She yelps when it’s followed by a figure in red just materializing in the middle of her living room.

Oliver doesn't seem too concerned. He keeps his hold on her, tightening when he feels her jump, but he looks completely unphased by the man in red who stands in front of them.

“Is there any particular reason why you specifically had me pick you up 40 minutes after you sent the signal?” The man in red asks as he looks around the room. Then his eyes zero in on them on the couch. “Oh… I get it now.” he says in a wry tone.

6 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

Wait a sec...so did 

Hide contents

He go back in time just to cuddle the younger version of his wife? ?

Eh...still better than any of Barry's reasons. 

No, 

Spoiler

He was time traveling and got stuck because his little time machine broke and he went to Felicity's apartment because he knew she had the right size tools to fix it (we found out today that Noah had given her a set that he knew she kept in a shoebox that were small enough to do the trick). I don't recall if he ever told her specifically what he was actually doing when he got stuck.