Type keyword(s) to search

Notes From The Mods

BizBuzz
  • Start Topic

(edited)

Welcome to the Movies forum. How can you help?  Well first of all, continue being prolific!  However, if you see something that doesn't look quite right, please do not hesitate to use the Report function.  In every post there is a flag icon; click on that and you are taken to the report form and from there you can let us know what's up. 

The report can be viewed by the mod team and they will handle something if the forums mods aren't around at the time and it looks like it's out of control, or maybe it's as simple as you made a typo in the title.  That is why we are here and why there is a report function.  We encourage you to use it.

Carry on!

Your forum mods,

BizBuzz and Athena.

P.S. Please feel free to PM Athena at anytime for any reason.  Well, almost any reason.  ::giggle::

Edited by Athena
  • Love 5

Hello, everyone! BizBuzz and I have a reminder on spoilers policy in this forum. 

Once a movie has been widely released in theatres in the United States, their specific movie thread will no longer need spoiler tags. Please proceed with caution if you have not seen the film. Before wide release, spoiler tags are only necessary if you've seen advanced screenings or sharing leaked script information.

In the multiple works or general movie categories (Unpopular Opinions, Movie Star Crushes, Best/Worst, etc.) please use spoiler tags for A-bomb spoilers unless the topic allows for Spoilers. A-bomb spoilers are usually plot twists, character deaths, etc. Use your discretion.  

Please continue being prolific and have fun! If you have any questions or concerns pertaining to this forum, please PM @BizBuzz and myself.

Thank you!

• Love 2

I just noticed "The Untitled Movie Talk Project" subforum and I want to make sure I understand what it is and how it differs from the "Movies" main forum.

It seems that

"Movies" is for threads dedicated to individual movies, or franchises, but not genres

"Untitled Movie Talk Project" is for everything else, in particular threads for more general topics, such as genres, favorite/most/least X, etc.

Is that more or less correct?

• Love 1

I just noticed "The Untitled Movie Talk Project" subforum and I want to make sure I understand what it is and how it differs from the "Movies" main forum.

It seems that

"Movies" is for threads dedicated to individual movies, or franchises, but not genres

"Untitled Movie Talk Project" is for everything else, in particular threads for more general topics, such as genres, favorite/most/least X, etc.

Is that more or less correct?

Yes!

• Love 1

So has moving those threads into the new sub-forum caused a reset on the site's tracking of our last unread post?  I know normally if you go into a thread you haven't been to within a certain period of time, you get taken to the first post in the thread rather than your first unread post because the system only tracks where you left off for so long.  But today I'm being taken to the first post in all threads within this new sub-forum, even if I was just there a couple of days ago (and that's not happening anywhere else on the site).

• Love 2

So has moving those threads into the new sub-forum caused a reset on the site's tracking of our last unread post?

I am obviously not a mod, but I have been to the threads in the new section, and I was taken to the first post, even in threads I had already posted in.

• Love 1

So has moving those threads into the new sub-forum caused a reset on the site's tracking of our last unread post?  I know normally if you go into a thread you haven't been to within a certain period of time, you get taken to the first post in the thread rather than your first unread post because the system only tracks where you left off for so long.  But today I'm being taken to the first post in all threads within this new sub-forum, even if I was just there a couple of days ago (and that's not happening anywhere else on the site).

Sadly, yes. I avoided this completely because I knew the subforum was happening so I marked all threads in both forums as "Read" which means that any post after would be the new one. We apologize for any inconvenience this new subforum has caused. We were reaching almost eight pages of topics in this forum and needed a new way to organise the threads.

• Love 1

Kind of a pain in the neck.   I clicked through pages 1-4 of the Movie forum list twice searching for "Actors You Can't Stand" and finally gave up.    The only way I was able to locate it was to pore through my Notifications, find a notifications related to that thread, then use it to link to the thread itself.   Only THEN did I realize there must have been a forum reshuffling

Suggestion for a name: "Can't Find Your Favorite Movie Thread?  LQQK HERE!"

• Love 1

As a reminder, you can search for any thread on the forums using the magnifying glass search in the right hand corner menu.

You can also always track your threads or forums using the "Follow" feature.

• Love 1

Are we ever going to get a title for this? Or a poll?

Interest seemed to have fizzled out. We'll take more suggestions or put up a poll if you all really want a change. 

• Love 1

Hello everyone. As a reminder, the forums will be undergoing a scheduled downtime tomorrow morning into the evening. Please see the announcement here. This will be a major upgrade and your read/unread data will not be transferred. Have a good day!

Is it too soon to start a thread for the next awards show season, or can there be a standing thread, like there are for the different telecasts? It's July but there's buzz on the rising and falling contenders throughout the year.

59 minutes ago, Dejana said:

Is it too soon to start a thread for the next awards show season, or can there be a standing thread, like there are for the different telecasts? It's July but there's buzz on the rising and falling contenders throughout the year.

Not too soon. Feel free to create "2018 Awards Season" in Everything Else Movies. The Awards Season threads tend to be popular every year so we create annual ones.

3 hours ago, Athena said:

Not too soon. Feel free to create "2018 Awards Season" in Everything Else Movies. The Awards Season threads tend to be popular every year so we create annual ones.

Thanks!

Because movies are being released on Netflix and Amazon, can we make threads for those movies? Like, Bright on Netflix was released today, can I make a thread for it? Or do streaming movies go somewhere else?

On 12/22/2017 at 10:45 PM, SnoGirl said:

Because movies are being released on Netflix and Amazon, can we make threads for those movies? Like, Bright on Netflix was released today, can I make a thread for it? Or do streaming movies go somewhere else?

Go ahead! We have a few streaming movie threads already. Please add the year to the title. Thank you.

• Love 1

I could have sworn there was a thread for "please help me remember the title of this movie", I looked but didn't find it. I just wanted to ask before I start a new thread.

11 hours ago, Trini said:

I could have sworn there was a thread for "please help me remember the title of this movie", I looked but didn't find it. I just wanted to ask before I start a new thread.

I looked through the Everything Else subforum and I don't there is one for that topic. There is a Forgotten Movies thread which could work, but unless another poster remembers another thread, you're free to start a new one.

• Love 1