Type keyword(s) to search

How The Magic Works: Episode Thread & Rewatch Info

• Start Topic

14 minutes ago, RulerofallIsurvey said:

Interesting...so maybe there's some hope for me yet.  ;)

I mean I wouldn’t get crazy and say I love it or anything, but knowing what to expect meant I was prepared for it and able to ignore it better than the first time I watched. 

Plus, as much as I dislike a lot of the Sam and Dean happenings, the Castiel stuff in s9 was so good compared to the bullshit Dabb has given Cas fans like me for the last 2.5 seasons.

Edited by Wayward Son

I was going to turn to Supernatural yesterday, but I ended up watching Futurama instead. I turned to Supernatural today thinking they must be close or have started over again from the beginning. Even though I can find the pilot and watch it anytime, I'm a little disappointed that I missed it on TV. 

I think because some of the later seasons are not that great, I look forward to TNT starting over. Plus I really love the pilot. 

• Love 1

I started rewatching, watched S11 final and first 6 episodes of S12 for the first time since it aired.

Something I didn't notice first time. Towards the end of Mama Mia when Mary is looking through John's Journal, there is a black and white photo of Bobby and several men presumbly Bobby and John from what might be the  Marine days? 

So John and Bobby now meet this way before hunting. Really??? I remember because I watched a video with Sam Smith at a con a while back, and she mentioned John and Bobby meet at the marines. So the canon has changed again?

Bobby and Mary never meet before, and even if they did and didn't know the other through passing when Mary was a young hunter. Bobby still knows what Mary looks like. 

57 minutes ago, nightwing877 said:

I started rewatching, watched S11 final and first 6 episodes of S12 for the first time since it aired.

Something I didn't notice first time. Towards the end of Mama Mia when Mary is looking through John's Journal, there is a black and white photo of Bobby and several men presumbly Bobby and John from what might be the  Marine days? 

So John and Bobby now meet this way before hunting. Really??? I remember because I watched a video with Sam Smith at a con a while back, and she mentioned John and Bobby meet at the marines. So the canon has changed again?

Bobby and Mary never meet before, and even if they did and didn't know the other through passing when Mary was a young hunter. Bobby still knows what Mary looks like. 

That's a big continuity fail. That is a picture from The End. It's Cas and Bobby at Camp Chicataqua. It does make me wonder if Dabb did that on purpose to tie Mary to Bobby in the AU or the continuity fail lead them to that choice. Drive me batty.

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

That's a big continuity fail. That is a picture from The End. It's Cas and Bobby at Camp Chicataqua. It does make me wonder if Dabb did that on purpose to tie Mary to Bobby in the AU or the continuity fail lead them to that choice. Drive me batty.

That is crazy. At least they could of put more effort in the photo choice. Would love to know Dabb's thought on this. 

3 minutes ago, nightwing877 said:

That is crazy. At least they could of put more effort in the photo choice. Would love to know Dabb's thought on this. 

I kept thinking that maybe it was a sign that Mary coming back altered the time-line but I guess not.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, nightwing877 said:

I don't know, I just think it was a mistake and not something he probably thought that much about. As showrunner, you get asked ninety-million questions every day about every little detail of the show and, at the rate they're working, I don't think they have the time to dissect some of these decisions that we the fans do. And, maybe they had intended it not to be so visible, but maybe more in the background and out of focus, but the director missed the mark on that? A lot of the directors come and go and don't necessarily know the entire history of the show. But, I'm guessing they just didn't realize the photo would be so readily recognized and probably didn't think it was a big deal in comparison to what they were trying to convey, which was that Mary was seeing John was a hunter and it upset her.

Edited by DittyDotDot
  • Love 5
13 hours ago, DittyDotDot said:

I don't know, I just think it was a mistake and not something he probably thought that much about. As showrunner, you get asked ninety-million questions every day about every little detail of the show and, at the rate they're working, I don't think they have the time to dissect some of these decisions that we the fans do. And, maybe they had intended it not to be so visible, but maybe more in the background and out of focus, but the director missed the mark on that? A lot of the directors come and go and don't necessarily know the entire history of the show. But, I'm guessing they just didn't realize the photo would be so readily recognized and probably didn't think it was a big deal in comparison to what they were trying to convey, which was that Mary was seeing John was a hunter and it upset her.

Yeah that's probably right. I guess I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt, because the show has been on for 13 seasons. So most of the crew comes and goes. So even if they hired someone who's whole job is looking at consistency, even then it's hard to keep someone like that on a show for over a decade.

• Love 2

I was watching The Benders yesterday. It finally sunk in that they were in Hibbing, MN. I knew this before, but I never made the connection that they were in Hibbing again in Hibbing 911. One might think that a reference would be made to the past visit. It does make Hibbing look pretty creepy. People who weren't monsters. Vampires. 

I find the episodes, when the "monsters" are just real people, creepier than when they are really monsters. 

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, Commando Cody said:

I was watching The Benders yesterday. It finally sunk in that they were in Hibbing, MN. I knew this before, but I never made the connection that they were in Hibbing again in Hibbing 911. One might think that a reference would be made to the past visit. It does make Hibbing look pretty creepy. People who weren't monsters. Vampires. 

You have no idea how much I wanted a return of deputy Kathleen in Hibbing 911! I stared at my tulpa sigil for weeks after hearing there was going to be an episode with Donna and Jodi in Hibbing, MN,. ;)

• Love 4

I was watching Shadow yesterday, and it occurred to me how much the boys have changed (or rather, how naive they were then.)  First:  they walk into a dark motel room, see a shadowy figure lurking in the darkness and, *without pulling a weapon* Dean walks forward, saying something like, "Hey!  Who are you?"

Then, once the figure is revealed to be John (still dark and shadowy...) they just accept him and go straight for the relieved hug, despite the fact that: he's been avoiding them all year; he never answered any of their other calls; they've just barely managed to escape from a demon, who is still out there and probably pissed; and mostly, *they just had a run-in with a shapeshifter a few episodes earlier.*  

Sheesh.  It's amazing they survived to season 2  :) 

12 hours ago, DittyDotDot said:

You have no idea how much I wanted a return of deputy Kathleen in Hibbing 911! I stared at my tulpa sigil for weeks after hearing there was going to be an episode with Donna and Jodi in Hibbing, MN,. ;)

I'm still annoyed that they set a whole episode in a church in Blue Earth (99 Problems) without once mentioning Pastor Jim.  

BTW, do you know there's a 55-ft-tall statue of the Jolly Green Giant in Blue Earth?  (You'd think Dean would have mentioned it at some point... :) )

• Love 1
11 hours ago, ahrtee said:

BTW, do you know there's a 55-ft-tall statue of the Jolly Green Giant in Blue Earth?  (You'd think Dean would have mentioned it at some point... :) )

I only wish the writers did that much research. I think they close their eyes and pick a point on a map of the United States. Whatever they blindly point to is the city they go to that week. 

8 hours ago, sarthaz said:

First-season SPN warms my ice-cold heart.

Definitely! I wish I could love this a thousand times over! I was watching the TNT repeats this morning of S1 and wished that I could watch that show again because what is currently airing doesn't look anything like it. 

I also noticed that several female guest stars in that season were the kind that I loved, like the sheriff in Hibbing, the girl in the asylum, Layla, etc. Strong confident women who could take care of themselves without being OTT about it. Wish we could see more of them and NOT to just bring back and KILL! 

• Love 1

I don't know where I've been all these years - not paying attention apparently. It's probably why I lose at at the Supernatural convention Yes/No game. 

I just realized Sam and Dean were listening to this song in the car today. It totally cracked me up. 

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, Commando Cody said:

I don't know where I've been all these years - not paying attention apparently. It's probably why I lose at at the Supernatural convention Yes/No game. 

I just realized Sam and Dean were listening to this song in the car today. It totally cracked me up. 

How funny, I'm watching that episode right now! LOL!

• Love 2
22 hours ago, Commando Cody said:

Love that episode.  Made it to the final question of Yes/No once.  Something to do with the date of John's death.  I missed it.  The other person got it right.  Single man tear.

• Love 1
51 minutes ago, RulerofallIsurvey said:

Lol!  Thank you!  I'm sure I'll need them.  ;)  I admire you for forging ahead so valiantly already!

It really is best to just rush through it as quick as you can! No point in prolonging the agony ;)

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, sarthaz said:

TNT strikes again.  Cruising along through the Kripke years, finish up Sympathy for the Devil, and then without any explanation it's Out of the Darkness, Into the Fire.  Dafuq?

LOL, Intern issues?

6 hours ago, sarthaz said:

TNT strikes again.  Cruising along through the Kripke years, finish up Sympathy for the Devil, and then without any explanation it's Out of the Darkness, Into the Fire.  Dafuq?

WOW, that's really bad...wait, are they doing themed episodes or something? Sometimes they do that, but how jarring to jump like five seasons there. Weird!

Edited by DittyDotDot

To be fair, there wasn't supposed to be another SPN ep at that time at all.  All the listings I saw showed Bones at that time--so either they had a sudden change and just grabbed a random ep, or it was a mistake.  

Edited by ahrtee
12 hours ago, ahrtee said:

To be fair, there wasn't supposed to be another SPN ep at that time at all.  All the listings I saw showed Bones at that time--so either they had a sudden change and just grabbed a random ep, or it was a mistake.  

The worst part of my day is when the credits roll on a Supernatural episode, and then some brightly-lit hapless suckers stumble upon the remains of a yet another corpse, and I realize we've moved on to episodes of Bones.

• Love 6

Here ends another round of the dreaded Amelia episodes. I have to add, that I did rewind to see the look of disappointment on Amelia's face again. 

I watched Citizen Fang, yesterday. I liked the Elizabeth character. I think it was too bad they didn't bring her back ever. 

Edited by Commando Cody
  • Love 1

Just rewatching As Time Goes By, and had an thought:  If Henry had managed to go back to 1958--that is, if Dean hadn't stopped him--then John (and probably the boys) would have been raised as MoL instead of hunters.  (It really didn't make much sense to me to have Dean insist on Henry staying here, since I'd assume that, if he still had the key, Abaddon would follow him back instead of threatening Sam.)  

I wonder how the boys would have turned out? (Since I'm guessing the angels would still have wanted them for the Apocalypse.)  Wouldn't that be an interesting AU for the boys to find themselves in?  (Have there been any fanfics on that?)

• Love 1

Finished my main rewatch and now going back to rewatch the episode commentaries. I’m currently watching Pilot and theyre talking about how they used 6 babies for Sam in the opening flashback. I’m so unobservant. I didn’t even notice the baby had changed LOL  

1 minute ago, Wayward Son said:

Finished my main rewatch and now going back to rewatch the episode commentaries. I’m currently watching Pilot and theyre talking about how they used 6 babies for Sam in the opening flashback. I’m so unobservant. I didn’t even notice the baby had changed LOL  

Oh yeah...Kripke's comment about teasing Nutter to poke the baby always cracks me up, but I had forgotten how many babies they used in the end.

I am re-watching The Purge right now. Donna was talking about all the food eating contests in Stillwater. I didn't think Stillwater was really known for it's eating challenges. I think it's more of place people go antiquing.  I had to look it up. I did not find any hot dog challenges, but one festival did offer a pie eating contest. 

Stillwater.jpg

Edited by Commando Cody

Watch the WIAWSNB commentary and just learnt that the episode was inspired by the Buffy episode Normal Again the one with Buffy waking up in a mental institute. Personally, I prefer the Buffy version due to the open ended ending and the memorable end scene, but this is a decent enough episode too :)

Main takeaways from the AHBL Part I commentary

- Sera finds Jared and Jensen absolutely beautiful men in particular Jared’s cheekbones during close ups. 

- The idea to make Jake a soldier was actually Raelle Tuckers. 

- Kripke and Gamble are the cool kids who ramble on endlessly. Singer is the more reserved kid in the corner who has to be persuaded to join in on the fun LOL 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

Kripke and Gamble are the cool kids who ramble on endlessly. Singer is the more reserved kid in the corner who has to be persuaded to join in on the fun LOL 

I figured Singer is the annoyed dad trying to wrangle in his kids.

Main takes from the In the Beginning commentary. 

- They found this one of the harder episodes to write as they had to ensure everything still led back to the Pilot and beyond. So the episode was in some ways a lot less flexible than most.

- Kripke and Carver found the vague nature of the deal between Mary and Azazel unsatisfying. However, it needed to be done that way as Mary would have been too hateful had she agreed to that deal with explicit knowledge of what it would lead to for Sam. 

- Carver thinks Misha is a hottie with a body. Gotta agree with you Carver ;) 

Main take from the When the Levee Breaks Commentary

- Sera Gamble thought figuring out how to portray Sam’s detox was one of the more fun parts of writing this episode. 

-The panic room is actually a lot smaller than it looks on film. 

-Mary represents the voice of the drug. The demon blood wants Sam to continue consuming it. 

-Sera thinks Jared is good at finding the ‘morality’ (from Sam’s skewed point of view) when Sam is making these questionable choices and thus making Sam more sympathetic. 

- Sera Gamble is the one who made Dean into a Trekkie.

Personally, I’m disappointed Gamble and Singer didn’t discuss the decision to have Cas free Sam from the panic room and her  thoughts as the writer on that. Instead most of that scene is spent discussing more technical issues. 

Main take from the Lucifer Rising commentary 

- Kripke ended up directing this episode because it was originally a Kim Manners episode but unfortunately he passed away :( 

- He tried to channel Kim in his direction for example close ups that close off at the forehead.

- Eric loves the speech from Bobby and that he isn’t afraid to get Dean out of it when he’s behaving like a wussy cus he can’t use the other word that sounds like wussy. 

- Jared and Jensen are not only amazing actors, but they’ve great technical skills. It makes editing so much easier than it would with actors who lack these skills. 

- It was Ben Edlund and Kripke who came up with the idea that Lucifer was the one who originated the entire demonic conspiracy. In fact large parts of that episode can be credited to Edlund. It was his idea for Cas to take Dean to Chuck’s after they break out of the green room. 

- Kripke credits the success of the angel storyline to Misha and what he brought to the role of Cas. He also liked Genevieve and feels she brought colour and complexity to the role of Ruby. Although us fans are much too harsh on her. Her final scene is his favourite Ruby scene of the two years she spent as part of the show. 

- He sees the scene where Dean confronts Cas as somewhat of a redemptive one for Dean (not sure the word redemption really fits the context of what he’s saying). It’s a contrast between Dean earlier wishing he could be like an angel as the pain of his hell memories were too much while here he is ready to embrace the pain and prefers it to some perfect angelic paradise. 

- Phil Scriggia directed the scene where Cas frees Dean from the green room as they were way over time and budget. 

- They knew Ruby was going to be evil from the moment she was introduced all the way back in The Magnificent Seven!

• Love 2

Thanks for all the tidbits, @Wayward Son! I haven't spent much time with the extras/commentaries on the DVDs.

They knew Ruby was going to be evil from the moment she was introduced all the way back in The Magnificent Seven!

So did I. ;) And no matter how hard they tried to sell her "helping", I never changed my mind.

• Love 3

Main Takes from The End

• The original conception of The End was “Sam and Dean meet their clones”. However, they couldn’t break the idea, due to its stupidity, and they ultimately made the leap to time travel. 

• Kripke and Edlund were quite proud of themselves for being smart and emphasising time is cyclical. Singer didn’t get it and when they resorted to drawing a diagram Singer dryly commented “are you going to draw this for the audience too?”

• They were originally going to go for an even darker fate for Castiel. He would have gone totally mad and spent his time in a dark room, in Bobby’s house,  killing a cockroach and bringing it back to life. 

• Kripke and Edlund reiterated the writers belief the success of the angel mythology lies with Misha. Had the actor playing Cas sucked they’d have quickly shut down the story like the burning down of the roadhouse which didn’t work for them. 

• Bob Singer thinks they should do an episode starring all the people Sam and Dean have stolen cars from over the years. 

Main Take from Clap Your Hands If You Believe

• They’re all quite amused by the overuse of the name Patrick in the opening scene. 

• Bob Singer thinks sometimes the financial limitations of television allows for them to tell a story better than the movies. The reason being it requires them to discuss the best way to do the effect and whether it’s essential to the story, while a movie will just spend a lot of money without these discussions, and they risk the story being lost.

• They’ve a lot of praise for Jared, Jensen, and the director of the episode. While the episode was funny in the script, some of the funniest moments in the script came from J2. Gamble said the “have you got a bigger cup?” Line Was all Jared. 

• Bob Singer thinks the main limitation of Jared’s acting is his attempt at playing short. While Gamble thinks both J’s main limitation is playing ugly. 

• Dean vs Tinkerbell is Sera Gamble’s favourite part of the episode.

• They’re amazed by the designs Jerry Wanek and Serge come up with week after week. Sera commented on how she feels the show is a success because their team is amazing.

• “fight the fairies” was 100% Edlund.

• Sera thinks she would have gone insane without Bob Singer as show running is a lot of work! 

Main Takes from The French Mistake 

•Kripke wanted lots of death including volunteering for his own, random crew members would email the writers asking to be killed off and Misha was particularly enthusiastic about presenting himself in a bad light.

Main Takes from Slash Fiction

• The day they filmed Levi!Winchester’s robbing the bank and killing the workers was the day Jared told the crew Genevieve was pregnant. He actually worded it as “we are pregnant” and Jensen joked about it being their pregnancy. 

• They recycled the basement of Bobby’s house and used it as the basement of Rufus’ cabin. 

• Jensen was the one who cast the actor playing Chet as they filmed The Girl Next Door first. 

• According to Jared he is 6’5. 

•  The scene where Sam and Dean meet Frank is the first time Jared and Jensen meet Kevin. They felt it added authenticity to the scene as they were genuinely giving their first reactions to the character of Frank. 

• In the script the stand in cars were referred to as POS Car Interior and Exterior. 

• Dean singing in the impala was not originally in the script. It was in an early version, taken out, but John Showalter suggested they just go with it. 

• Jensen’s sister and brother in law were extras in this episode. They were sat to the right of the Levi!Winchester’s as they robbed Conor’s diner. S.E Hinton was also in that scene. She was sat at the table behind them. 

• Jared says “atta boy” in response to Bobby kissing Jody! 

• It was important to Jared and Jensen that Sam’s anger was properly explained i.e. he was more angry about Dean lying and keeping secrets from him than the fact he killed a monster.

Main Takes from Death’s Door 

• One of Steven Williams and Jim Beaver’s favourite things about the show is the variety. Unlike other shows the characters don’t all act and talk the same. 

• The shaking in the church scene is literally one of the camera men shaking their camera. 

• The Church scene was the end of a very long day and Jim did not enjoy running. He stated it looks like he only ran 3 steps on camera, but it was actually a lot more. 

• Steven Williams only learnt Rufus was Jewish during this episode. When Jim Beaver mentioned they’d dealt with it before he stated “I said it but I didn’t realise what I was saying”.

• For Steven Williams acting is all about intent. If you have that then your acting is going to be solid at the very least. He believes acting isn’t about being a good liar, but finding the truth in the writing. 

• The kid playing young Dean had no interest in throwing the ball with Jim. He just wanted to talk about hockey.

• Jim says Jared and Jensen are a joy to work with! He credits them with the tone on the set of supernatural as the attitude of the lead almost always determines the overall mood of a television set. 

• Jim Beaver loved being able to play out Bobby explicitly stating that he sees Sam and Dean as his sons. He views the Sam, Dean and Bobby dynamic as one of the most important parts of the show up until that point

Main Takes from Survival of the Fittest

• Rachel Miner was one of Sera Gamble’s favourite characters.

• Sera admits the main reason they made Cas crazy at the end of the season is due to her wanting to let us enjoy Cas without him overshadowing Sam and Dean by being too powerful. 

• Bobby’s S7 storyline was a precautionary tale of what can happen to hunters who are too dedicated to their craft. Sera sees the supporting cast as extensions of Sam and Dean and hopes they’ve now learnt not to come back as ghosts. 

• Sam and Dean spying on Roman Inc was originally scripted to be binoculars through windows, but due to budget and time they changed it to the security camera feeds. 

• They felt the need to reformulate ectoplasm for season seven as it was too similar to Levithian goo. 

• Gamble and Kripke argued for years over whether the season finale or the second last episode was harder to write. She maintained it was the second last, while he thought it was the last. Now that she has written both she believes they’re equally difficult in different ways. The finale has the challenge of concluding everything and setting up next season while the penultimate has to set up for the finale while still being entertaining in its own right. 

• Sera feels Bobby choosing to stay with Sam and Dean as a ghost was in character for him, as he has never left them in the middle of something before. 

• They chose to not show Bobby disappearing on screen as they felt the image of him burning up in pain would not be a respectful ending for the character. 

• Sera felt it was extremely important that Cas and Dean discuss the unresolved issues between them due to Cas’ betrayal. She felt she couldn’t write them charging in as a team if they didn’t talk it out first. 

¥ One of Sera’s favourite things about Rachel’s take on Meg is the fact she plays her as annoyed by everything and waiting for everyone to catch up with her. 

• The nickname ‘moose’ was made up by Mark Sheppard. 

Main Takes from Hunteri Heroici  

• They director often has to change the way characters are written as it is difficult to find people who could appear remotely intimidating next to the super tall J2.

• The actor who played Amelia’s father also appeared in Phantom Traveller. 

• “Who gives a” was Jensen improvisation. 

Main Takes from As Time Goes By

• This episode did not begin as a huge Winchester family mythology episode. The original concept was a hotel which existed outside of time. 

• This was the very first episode directed by Ladouceur.

• The idea of Henry’s time travel spell being one where blood leads to blood was proposed by Andrew Dabb. 

• Ass hat was a very beloved word in season eight due to Robbie Thompson. 

• Adam Glass claims he got the concept of ‘Knight of Hell’ from Dante’s Inferno. 

• “The Yodas to our Jedis” - This was a Robbie Thompson joke. Apparently any Star Wars references are a Robbie Thompson joke. 

• The “you can’t fit a computer in this room” gag came from Edlund. Carver then jokingly asked Glass did he write any of the episode himself? 

• Carver thinks this episode was not only a great Winchester family mythology but a part of Sam’s personal arc. He began the season as someone who had removed himself from the family business and these events are a reminder of why Sam should reinvest. 

• Adam Glass thinks Jared and Jensen really killed the final scene at Henry’s grave. Bob Singer added “for those who don’t know show biz jargon killing it is a good thing” 

• Originally they were going to end the episode with a flashback to young John either sleeping or waking to discover Henry wasn’t there. However, they ultimately decided it’d be more poignant to end the episode with Sam and Dean’s grief in the modern day. 

Main Takes from Everybody Hates Hitler

• The actor who played the golem was also the ghost in Ghostfacers. 

• The bookshelves in the bunker easily pop out and can be moved around in case the crew need to insert additional cameras.

• Jared and Jensen started messing with Adam Rose right away. It’s a good sign because if they’re messing with you then they like you. 

•The character of Adam was originally written with Seth Green in mind, but scheduling didn’t work out. 

• Ben thought Jensen played Dean’s reaction to Aaron as a rom-com type of fluster and it showed this potential for Dean to find love in all places. 

• Scrigga confirmed Jared is 6’5 and Jensen is 6’2-6’3.

• The golem pacing while Aaron talked to Sam and Dean was meant to remind us of a dog guarding the perimeter. 

• Ben Edlund stated at one point they were considering a spin off based on Aaron and the golem after the episode came together and they saw how well the actors worked with each other. He joked it would be called G.I. Jew.

• Phil Scriggia casually stated to Jared “it’s a cold night isn’t it?” And Jared decided to ad lib Sam warming his hand as the nazi corpse burned. Edlund and Scrigga both loved it. 

• Scriggia loves directing layered scenes such as the one where Sam and Eckheart are having a conversation while Dean and Aaron are having a non-verbal conversation of their own. 

• Dean switching from beer to scotch was symbolic. It was meant to show us the brothers weren’t just boys with beer in the back of a car, but had become men of letters. 

Edited by Wayward Son
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Wayward Son said:

Main Takes from The End

• The original conception of The End was “Sam and Dean meet their clones”. However, they couldn’t break the idea, due to its stupidity, and they ultimately made the leap to time travel. 

• Kripke and Edlund were quite proud of themselves for being smart and emphasising time is cyclical. Singer didn’t get it and when they resorted to drawing a diagram Singer dryly commented “are you going to draw this for the audience too?”

• They were originally going to go for an even darker fate for Castiel. He would have gone totally mad and spent his time in a dark room, in Bobby’s house,  killing a cockroach and bringing it back to life. 

• Kripke and Edlund reiterated the writers belief the success of the angel mythology lies with Misha. Had the actor playing Cas sucked they’d have quickly shut down the story like the burning down of the roadhouse which didn’t work for them. 

• Bob Singer thinks they should do an episode starring all the people Sam and Dean have stolen cars from over the years. 

Kripke also noted that if this were the type of show that got Emmy attention, Jensen would've been a lock for this episode.

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, RulerofallIsurvey said:

Thanks for all the bits from the commentaries @Wayward Son!  I'm enjoying reading them!

Thanks :) . I’m likely missing out some important things as @gonzosgirrl noted in the post above since I’m not pausing while listening and just taking note of what stands out. So I’m probably missing something said while note taking. So I’d definitely recommend others listen too when they get a chance ;) 

• Love 3