Type keyword(s) to search

How The Magic Works: Episode Thread & Rewatch Info

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Commando Cody said:

How did we get to Lazarus Rising, on TNT already? 

Some days the kids that are running the schedule ;) put on five or six episodes; other days, three, other days four. Y'know, they get bored with same old, same old. LOL

11 minutes ago, FlickChick said:

Some days the kids that are running the schedule ;) put on five or six episodes; other days, three, other days four. Y'know, they get bored with same old, same old. LOL

It IS funny.  I've seen them much with the scheule so many different ways after 1pm EDT.  They always seem to play Charmed til 10 and no later, then Supernatural is always on and they either expand or contract the schedule with our episodes based on what they have for the rest of the day.  I swear, however, we were just in the Pilot a couple of weeks ago -- seems awfully fast for Lazarus Rising...

The nightmare that was season 12 started up again this week. The good thing about this is, if TNT isn't showing season 13 yet, the pilot will run again soon. 

Anyway, an episode called American Nightmare was on. I had absolutely no recollection of it. I did remember the ending, otherwise it was like I never watched it the first time. I'm pretty sure I only watched season 12 when it originally ran on the CW.  Season 12 was absolutely dreadful. 

• Love 1
15 hours ago, Commando Cody said:

The nightmare that was season 12 started up again this week. The good thing about this is, if TNT isn't showing season 13 yet, the pilot will run again soon. 

Anyway, an episode called American Nightmare was on. I had absolutely no recollection of it. I did remember the ending, otherwise it was like I never watched it the first time. I'm pretty sure I only watched season 12 when it originally ran on the CW.  Season 12 was absolutely dreadful. 

Season 12 is the first season I didn't re-watch. I kept "Regarding Dean" and deleted the rest. How sad that it held no pull for me - the first time that has happened to me with the exception of a few episodes here and there.

• Love 3

So I never watched Supernatural, my housemate liked it but I never took to it. However I'm a big fan of Torchwood Boy on YouTube and he reviewed an ep called 'Fanfiction' which really intrigued me. Therefore I have 2 questions, firstly what is 'destial'? (I know what 'Wincest' is, the brothers taking over from Buffy/Joyce/Dawn and The Charmed Ones for that particular fetish genre). Secondly who is the guy who turns up at the end that everyone makes a big deal off?   

34 minutes ago, Joe Hellandback said:

So I never watched Supernatural, my housemate liked it but I never took to it. However I'm a big fan of Torchwood Boy on YouTube and he reviewed an ep called 'Fanfiction' which really intrigued me. Therefore I have 2 questions, firstly what is 'destial'? (I know what 'Wincest' is, the brothers taking over from Buffy/Joyce/Dawn and The Charmed Ones for that particular fetish genre). Secondly who is the guy who turns up at the end that everyone makes a big deal off?   

Destiel would be a segment of fans who ship the character of Dean and Castiel.

Fan Fiction was the 200th episode where they tried to cram a bunch of previous history of the show in as possible. So, the guy who shows up at the end is

Spoiler

Chuck, the author of the Supernatural books about Sam and Dean's lives the play is based on. He first was introduced as a prophet and then later was revealed to be God.

2 hours ago, DittyDotDot said:

Destiel would be a segment of fans who ship the character of Dean and Castiel.

Fan Fiction was the 200th episode where they tried to cram a bunch of previous history of the show in as possible. So, the guy who shows up at the end is

Hide contents

Chuck, the author of the Supernatural books about Sam and Dean's lives the play is based on. He first was introduced as a prophet and then later was revealed to be God.

Oh, okay, nice to have God be a fan of your play. 200 eps and still going strong, amazing!

On 5/3/2018 at 10:36 PM, SueB said:

I totally LOVED S12.  The finale was damn hard but it was a good season IMO.  Plays well on repeat.

I started out to rewatch S13 as soon as it was available on Netflix - but then felt like I needed to go back and watch the last two eps of S12 to really get a feel for the season since they led directly into the S13 premier....

Which lead me down a rabbit hole of S12 eps, because then I had to rewatch First Blood for some very good reason which I've now forgotten.  Which meant that then I had to rewatch Mamma Mia and The Foundry to remind me of some of Mary's evolution and well...

Granted, I've skimmed through some scenes (particularly the Crowley/Lucifer ones) but I still haven't made it to S13 yet.  I agree: S12 plays very well on repeat.  As does what little of S13 I've rewatched.

• Love 1

Just curious - seeing new discussion on seasons 8 and 9 going on. Is there an organized re-watch going on or something?

I lurk here and there and have been catching up on season 13 on Netflix. Work is slow so doing more lurking than usual.

Started binge re-watching from the Pilot episode because I can't seem to get myself to start anything new.

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, FierceCritter said:

Just curious - seeing new discussion on seasons 8 and 9 going on. Is there an organized re-watch going on or something?

I lurk here and there and have been catching up on season 13 on Netflix. Work is slow so doing more lurking than usual.

Started binge re-watching from the Pilot episode because I can't seem to get myself to start anything new.

Not a rewatch - just ostensibly the two most debatable seasons when it comes to the brothers and their relationship.

ETA: Since the site-wide changes to sub-forums, all the 13 seasons worth of episode threads were merged with the general discussion threads. One poster is currently working their way through the series, thus the bumping of older episodes up to the front page, and sparking some... familiar discussions, lol.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 3
18 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Not a rewatch - just ostensibly the two most debatable seasons when it comes to the brothers and their relationship.

ETA: Since the site-wide changes to sub-forums, all the 13 seasons worth of episode threads were merged with the general discussion threads. One poster is currently working their way through the series, thus the bumping of older episodes up to the front page, and sparking some... familiar discussions, lol.

LOL

My brain is too set on "they're fictional characters, they don't have any motivations other than what the script gives them" to get involved in a lot of the in-depth discussions here. But I find the analysis fascinating and impressive. And I'm also not very critical. If I'm entertained, I'm good. The forums also help me follow the action/stories sometimes when I get all "wha???"

That said, I do get tired of the same patterns repeating themselves, the wrong bad decisions written in. etc. It's telling that a lot of the forum posters can pick out the flaws in an episode given a particular writer/director. I swear they should have a member of production staff that reads these forums for insight into what they're doing right/wrong. I know opinions differ, but the majority all seem to point out the same flaws in storyline, continuity, etc.

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, Commando Cody said:

I was flipping through channels tonight while I was waiting for laundry. 

Supernatural is on TNT at 11 pm now? That's new. 

I think they do that when there is a basketball game on TNT.

Scratch that.  There is UEFA Soccer on during the day. I think it's a tournament or something

Edited by catrox14

TNT has been showing "The best of Supernatural" this week - in honor of the 300th episode. 

So far the three episodes I have seen haven't disappointed me.  The first two Trickster episodes were on yesterday.  Today is Weekend at Bobby's. I know a lot of people didn't like that one, but I always liked it.  The rest of today's showings are selected episodes from season 6. I was never big on season six. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Commando Cody said:

The rest of today's showings are selected episodes from season 6. I was never big on season six. 

Except for the first 3 or so episodes, and a random few here and there, I liked season 6 fairly well, especially near the end. And the plot twist was one I didn't see coming, and so was pleasantly surprised.

I enjoyed "Weekend at Bobby's" too. It was a good example of the somewhat dark humor of season 6 and 7 that I enjoyed.

• Love 2