Type keyword(s) to search

How The Magic Works: Episode Thread & Rewatch Info

• Start Topic

I'm also watching various S11 episodes, mostly because they are now on Netflix and it's easy to jump around.  Again with the no THEN/NOW at the beginning of each episode, just like S10 /grrrr.  Netflix also changed the image for Supernatural, I preferred the other with hands reaching up from hell.  Looked very horror-ish.  The new pic just looks like a modeling ad.

So far I've watched Baby, Safe House and Red Meat, will probably watch Plush, The Vessel, Don't You Forget About Me, All In The Family, and Form and Void.

I'm still working through the re-watch I started this summer. S9 is kicking my ass! I can't seem to finish it. Down to two episodes now, at least. I guess I better purchase the S10 DVDs soon, though.

26 minutes ago, pixelcat said:

Again with the no THEN/NOW at the beginning of each episode, just like S10 /grrrr.

Oh, I'm okay with that. I kinda think of them as a waste of time anyway. But, that's weird...I wonder why they did that?

5 minutes ago, DittyDotDot said:

I'm still working through the re-watch I started this summer. S9 is kicking my ass! I can't seem to finish it. Down to two episodes now, at least. I guess I better purchase the S10 DVDs soon, though.

Oh, I'm okay with that. I kinda think of them as a waste of time anyway. But, that's weird...I wonder why they did that?

Sometimes they have really good songs during the THEN, and it completely eliminates "Carry On Wayward Son".  I'd like to know why as well...

Just now, pixelcat said:

Sometimes they have really good songs during the THEN, and it completely eliminates "Carry On Wayward Son".  I'd like to know why as well...

Yeah, sometimes the music is good, but I find what they choose as video and the way they cut it together rather awkward anymore. I think they had some really good previouslies in the early seasons--especially S2--but in recent seasons I prefer to skip them all if I can. Same with Wayward Son...

But, I do agree it's weird they suddenly stopped putting them on the streaming versions. Perhaps it was cheaper that way? They wouldn't need to pay extra for the streaming rights to the music?

1 minute ago, DittyDotDot said:

Perhaps it was cheaper that way? They wouldn't need to pay extra for the streaming rights to the music?

That was my thought as well, but most of the time they just use show music, so...  Just weird to me.  It does speed up the re-watching though.

• Love 1

Ugh. I didn't realize they eliminated the THEN from the season finale again. For the heck of it I checked the CW app and it still has the The ROAD SO FAR with the music. The music is so important to this show that it seems unconscionable to not have it as intended on Netflix. Sigh. I realize it's a licensing thing & they want us to buy the DVDs  but it's really frustrating.  I wonder if the unedited versions are on iTunes. 

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, GirlyGeek said:

Ugh that's annoying.  Season 7 still has the Then/Now and the Wayward Sons for finale.  I usually skip the Then/Now stuff, but I LIVE FOR the Wayward Sons season enders.  That's going to annoy me

RIGHT? Like I could understand not having them for the premieres but the season finale? It's a THING. A big thing.  Heck they could even use their version from Fan Fiction if they don't want to pay the licensing fee.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, GirlyGeek said:

Ugh that's annoying.  Season 7 still has the Then/Now and the Wayward Sons for finale.  I usually skip the Then/Now stuff, but I LIVE FOR the Wayward Sons season enders.  That's going to annoy me

I pretty much watch all the episodes except season 1 on Netflix.  Seasons 10 and 11 are the only ones missing this.  Would like them to fix that AND fix season 1 music (never happen, I know...)

• Love 2

I'm on a TNT re-watch, and tomorrow is the last 4 of Season 5.  It's just so freakin' good that I want to hurry up and watch it on Netflix, but then what would I do tomorrow?  Guess I could watch it again.  Hmm ...

• Love 2

And sometimes there's a Thanksgiving miracle!  Preparing to slog through Season 9, expecting lots of Zeke sightings and stilted dialogue and Kevin brooding, when what to my wondering eyes should appear?  A Very Supernatural Christmas!  Well done, TNT.  Well done.

giphy.gif

• Love 2

Anyone understand WTF TNT is doing?  They ran all the way to We Happy Few, and instead of Alpha & Omega, they restarted Season 11!  And according to advanced guide data they'll be skipping Baby (wtf?) and run Season 11 again all the way to We Happy Few and again skip Alpha & Omega.  How does this make any sense?

@sarthaz, I really don't know. I don't have TNT, but it seems I recall there being some discussion about this in the ratings thread recently. TNT routinely messes up the schedule, but it was posited that they seem to skip the most popular episodes when showing the season the first time. Maybe it has something to do with licensing and those episodes being more expensive for whatever reason?

23 hours ago, sarthaz said:

Anyone understand WTF TNT is doing?  They ran all the way to We Happy Few, and instead of Alpha & Omega, they restarted Season 11!  And according to advanced guide data they'll be skipping Baby (wtf?) and run Season 11 again all the way to We Happy Few and again skip Alpha & Omega.  How does this make any sense?

They just skipped "Just My Imagination" as well. And the Pilot is back on 22 Dec.

I wonder if the studio charges a premium rate for some episodes. Baby was well praised Just My imagination got nominated for a Hugo.  And finales are always big.  Seems stupid to me (cut your nose off to spite your face kinda deal).  

• Love 1

I believe that the next time around - after ten seasons have aired - we'll get the full showing in order. But who knows? What's sort of sad is that usually I look forward to the new season airing on TNT, but this time, I didn't bother to watch. :(

I'm wondering if TNT is going to stop the reruns (or at least cut back on the number of eps in a row) after the new year, and that's why they're rerunning s.11 instead of starting over with s.1 again?  Because, as far as I can remember, this is the only time they've done that, even when showing a new season for the first time.  And the new year is the perfect time to rearrange the schedule.

I actually like to see the old seasons.  Not because I like them more but I find myself looking at the iTunes of the newer seasons more often than the older ones.  So when the older ones show up it's like finding $5 in my pocket.

TNT starts on S1 on the 22nd and the last episode in the TVGuide listing (they only go so far out) is 2.02 Everybody Loves a Clown.  Seems odd to stop it there.

They did this with S10 and they borked around with Arrow as well. S10 got a full run on its 2nd airing IIRC. If they start over on Dec 22 with the pilot and continue with no breaks at 4 episodes a day for 5 days a week that's 20 episodes a week give or take that should put them at s11 again sometime in February or March. We'll see if they skip Baby again then.

It'll be a sad day when TNT stops airing these.  I know I could just watch them another way, but there's something about the routine of knowing it's always there and that others are watching with me that I really like.  Although, it feels like they've been airing the crapfest that is Charmed for a decade now, so maybe there's hope for more years to come.

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, sarthaz said:

It'll be a sad day when TNT stops airing these.  I know I could just watch them another way, but there's something about the routine of knowing it's always there and that others are watching with me that I really like.  Although, it feels like they've been airing the crapfest that is Charmed for a decade now, so maybe there's hope for more years to come.

I don't think it will stop anytime soon. I agree with you. It's like comfort food on TNT.  I would love to know how much money TNT makes from it in ad revenue. 

• Love 3
20 hours ago, catrox14 said:

I don't think it will stop anytime soon. I agree with you. It's like comfort food on TNT.  I would love to know how much money TNT makes from it in ad revenue. 

I don't know, but I remember reading that "Supernatural" is their highest day-time show in the ratings. So, they probably make a little more by showing it for four hours every weekday. They found that "Grimm" didn't work, so they put that on in the middle of the night. We'll see how "Arrow" does.

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, FlickChick said:

I don't know, but I remember reading that "Supernatural" is their highest day-time show in the ratings. So, they probably make a little more by showing it for four hours every weekday. They found that "Grimm" didn't work, so they put that on in the middle of the night. We'll see how "Arrow" does.

So I paid attention to the commercials today.  They have a few that are repetitive (which suggests they gave some sort of deal for that treatment) but in general, these were all national ads that run in primetime as well (except the dental thing... that's a day-time kinda add). I'd say it's a moneymaker for TNT. 

• Love 1

Watched "Slash Fiction" this morning, one of my favorite episodes of the whole series! I will never get tired of Dean lovin' "All Out Of Love!" When that song first came out, I was a teenager. I remember lying on the beach at the Jersey Shore with my bestfriend Lianne when that song came on the little AM radio we had, (station, 77WABC). I swear to God guys, almost everyone on the beach started singing along! It's one of my fondest memories, so that song means a lot to me. 40 years later and Liane and I still laugh about this!

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Mick Lady said:

Watched "Slash Fiction" this morning, one of my favorite episodes of the whole series! I will never get tired of Dean lovin' "All Out Of Love!" When that song first came out, I was a teenager. I remember lying on the beach at the Jersey Shore with my bestfriend Lianne when that song came on the little AM radio we had, (station, 77WABC). I swear to God guys, almost everyone on the beach started singing along! It's one of my fondest memories, so that song means a lot to me. 40 years later and Liane and I still laugh about this!

That song came out the summer of the lake house. My best friend's mom had a lake house about 45 minutes away from Tulsa where we live. Well that was the summer between my 8th and 9th grade. 8th grade had sucked for both of us, her parents were getting divorced and my little sister passed away. So her mom took us to the lake house for the whole summer, we listened to Air Supply and Journey and tried to pretend everything was normal. I will never forget that summer, we survived and she is still my best friend and we are each other's kid's God Mothers. My long way of saying I love that ep too. 

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Diane said:

That song came out the summer of the lake house. My best friend's mom had a lake house about 45 minutes away from Tulsa where we live. Well that was the summer between my 8th and 9th grade. 8th grade had sucked for both of us, her parents were getting divorced and my little sister passed away. So her mom took us to the lake house for the whole summer, we listened to Air Supply and Journey and tried to pretend everything was normal. I will never forget that summer, we survived and she is still my best friend and we are each other's kid's God Mothers. My long way of saying I love that ep too. 

Oh my GOD Diane! You lost your sister?! I am so, so profoundly sorry. What a horrible thing to go through at that age. I have no words.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Mick Lady said:

Oh my GOD Diane! You lost your sister?! I am so, so profoundly sorry. What a horrible thing to go through at that age. I have no words.

Thank you, it was hard, but what I really remember is my friend and I sticking together.  We pulled each other through and she is still my closest friend to this day. 

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Diane said:

Thank you, it was hard, but what I really remember is my friend and I sticking together.  We pulled each other through and she is still my closest friend to this day. 

Old friends are the best Diane. The shared memories alone are so dear to me. I met Liane when I was 13, I'm 58 now, and even though we now live on opposite side of the country now, we see each other several times a year, and talk on the phone almost every night! You and I are both very lucky!

• Love 1

I'm planning to watch my Blu Rays once I've finished reading A Song of Ice and Fire. I'm so excited to see most of the eps for the first time in HD and on the 50 inch tv I got last year :D 

Edited by Wayward Son
  • Love 2

We have all the DVD's, but always put on TNT in the morning for Supernatural. Mick and I are both really getting into it. It's fun to read about the episodes beforehand on Super-wiki, and look for all the inside stuff. We even enjoyed "Bugs" today!

Edited by Mick Lady
vowels are important!
  • Love 2