Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E10: Slut-Shaming

Loved Amy getting ready for an improptu date!  So funny (and true) the promotion of self-hating improvement tips in women's magazines.

Hated the song at the end about dicks. 

• Love 1

Anybody else thinks Amy looks good when cleaned up? I get how she sees herself as "bottom of the human pyramid," but she can be hot. Bridget Everett, on the other hand, is scary. I guess I have some growing up to do, even though she did motorboat a dude last season. That must've been traumatic.

She's definitely good-looking. She's not a size 2 and she's never going to be, but she doesn't have to be either. I'm surprised more women aren't hiding under the bed considering all the garbage in those magazines. What's ironic is that the guy coming over for sex wouldn't have cared that she was all dolled up. 

She looks cute in her wool hat she wears for the on the street interviews. 

I liked when one of the women said she liked skinny hipsters with bad beards and Amy gestured to her crew and said 'take your pick'.

• Love 2

arc: I agree. Re changing status -- "It's complicated."

"Was Aiden there?"

"Your ex is calling, all you have to do to win this round is nothing."

"And yet, here we are."

I don't know why that woman was Amy's favorite live performer. I actually fast-forwarded through that segment, and I NEVER ff.

"Another day, another Valtrex."

I figured that she was Amy's mentor or really helped her out when she needed it, so Amy wants to repay her. Also, I think the songs are pretty funny. Amy seems to be genuinely friends with some of the comics that appear on the show, so I can buy that she wants them to share in her success.

Did anyone catch that one of the dancers was Ad-Rock from the Beastie Boys?

"Who's More Over Their Ex?"was freaking brilliant.

Yes it was. Loved the nostalgia booth where they had to listen to "I Can't Make You Love Me" and the guy cried AND ate carrot cake right off the bat. Both contestants were pathetic but the rude/bitter host was worse. His admission that his stupid TV show was another attempt at getting his ex's attention was a clever reveal and it totally cracked me up. "Hey, Tina. Fuck you. I love you. I did this all for you."

I agree that Bridget Everett is someone Amy greatly admires and is giving her some exposure. Speaking of exposure: Everett's flashy performance me feel a little queasy, a little shocked, a little turned on and a little glad I wasn't in the audience up close. An odd but delightful way to end the season. The two somewhat nerdy dancing guys made me chuckle. The one on the left looked very much like Martin Freeman (Fargo's Lester Nygaard) and that made it even funnier for me.

• Love 2

"Who's More Over Their Ex" was laugh-yourself-sick funny. Loved the guy asking if another song could be used instead of "I Can't Make You Love Me"! And how he dug into the carrot cake face first! And how, after losing, Amy immediately went back to the booth to scarf down carrot cake! And her asking "Was Aidan there?" Hilarious! Amy as the naughty politician was great, too. A solid ep except for the song at the end, which had me leaning on the FF button about 15 seconds in.

This Bridget person is fast-forward material. I guess Amy and her writers were kind of light this week.

Yeah, this lady is unwatchable.... I guess this might be entertaining if you were there live.

Who's More Over their Ex was spectacular, I can't fathom why no one has done it before. "I Can't Make You Love Me" really and truly is the saddest breakup song ever.

I also hated the singer. I got up to make some food instead of watching.