Type keyword(s) to search

The GCEh?C: Canadian Episodes (Spoilers for Non-Canadians)

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, miamama said:

(Remember when it "killed" Billy and Phyllis to hear Bethany make those double entendres around Jack?) 

Remember when I joked that writer was probs fired that day? 

2 minutes ago, miamama said:

But Phyllis will consider it vile for Jack to be decent to Victor, even though she just worked with him to manipulate her daughter's life and had NO ISSUES with Victor for years after his Patty plot almost killed Summer.

Yes. Phyllis is a complete hypocrite and Billy is a vile sex-crazed sleaze, but the show won't acknowledge that. 

2 minutes ago, miamama said:

He'd better not have to see them fuck. 

I've been thinking that's exactly what's going to happen. Because there's no way they won't give Philly another sex scene before the reveal.

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Remember when I joked that writer was probs fired that day? 

Yes. Phyllis is a complete hypocrite and Billy is a vile sex-crazed sleaze, but the show won't acknowledge that. 

I've been thinking that's exactly what's going to happen. Because there's no way they won't give Philly another sex scene before the reveal.

Well, as I think on it, the good thing about Jack seeing them fuck is PB will hit it out of the park AND there is no likelihood he'll give Philly his blessings (as per our discussion in the other thread).

Him seeing the deed will destroy him and turn him bad I hope. In other words we'll get our Jack rage scenes AND character reboot.

Victor is all loving and sad now. Let Jack go dark.

Edited by miamama
  • Love 10
15 minutes ago, miamama said:

Well, as I think on it, the good thing about Jack seeing them fuck is PB will hit it out of the park AND there is no likelihood he'll give Philly his blessings (as per our discussion in the other thread).

Him seeing the deed will destroy him and turn him bad I hope. In other words we'll get our Jack rage scenes AND character reboot.

Victor is all loving and sad now. Let Jack go dark.

This is what I want to happen, but I also see TPTB trying to flip the story to a Phyllis/Billy/Vic/Travis quad, so I dunno where Jack fits in.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

This is what I want to happen, but I also see TPTB trying to flip the story to a Phyllis/Billy/Vic/Travis quad, so I dunno where Jack fits in.

Yeah. I don't see any hints as to the direction of Jack's future story. There is no woman waiting in the wings; he has nothing brewing with Victor. The Foundation has quieted down -- they had one big meeting but it was a Philly vehicle as far as I could tell. The Winters seem to have their own direction now with the arrival of Neil's parents and constant mention of Moses, and Hilary is no more than a friend, which was clearly a shift in story direction.

Jack is solely the cuckold.

I don't need Jack to have a love interest -- and wouldn't buy him in one for a long time after he learns of the affair -- but he has nothing. No business movement. NOTHING. 

Billy is interacting with Phyllis, Victoria, Travis, Cane, Jill, Colin and he has story with Chloe potentially with this kid of hers. RME.

Maybe Jack goes ballistic and decides to go after Brash and Sassy to bury his asshole brother. I don't know. But he's being presented as all peace and love -- even more than usual lately. That's soap speak for he's about to explode. He can also go after Phyllis -- though not sure what he would do to her. He SHOULD sue her and Billy for the $500-million they cost Jabot. Or he could out her for kidnapping Adam. I would so love him to be bad Jack again. Really bad. In a way he hasn't actually ever been. 

Either that or he becomes wise John Abbott Jr. showing up every few weeks to impart advice no one wants to hear.

• Love 6
35 minutes ago, miamama said:

Billy is interacting with Phyllis, Victoria, Travis, Cane, Jill, Colin and he has story with Chloe potentially with this kid of hers. RME.

Lawd. And this vile Billy with crazy Chloe? What a dumpster fire that would be.

35 minutes ago, miamama said:

I would so love him to be bad Jack again. Really bad.

I either want him to make Philly suffer or tell them both to fuck off and never share a scene with either of them for at LEAST one year. Come on, show. I'm giving you options. Gimme one of them, thanks.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 5

Pratt has made Phyllis' behavior about Marco in his interviews. I think that's an avenue where jack will understand and take her back after counseling. 

There was a breakdown posted by Kate Hall last week or so.  Phyllis is still working at Jabot with Jack in the scenes for November. I'm sure the affair is out by then. I can't see her still working their if she and Jack aren't working it out or trying. 

I don't think Neil's parents will amount to much else. It was just a way to quickly end that stupid 3 year none triangle and bring Winters together so writers can move onto new story for them. 

Edited by DivaT
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, DivaT said:

Pratt has made Phyllis' behavior about Marco in his interviews. I think that's an avenue where jack will understand and take her back after counseling. 

There was a breakdown posted by Kate Hall last week or so.  Phyllis is still working at Jabot with Jack in the scenes for November. I'm sure the affair is out by then. I can't see her still working their if she and Jack aren't working it out or trying. 

I don't think Neil's parents will amount to much else. It was just a way to quickly end that stupid 3 year none triangle and bring Winters together so writers can move onto new story for them. 

Interesting intel, Diva. Thnx. (Was this posted on Kate Hall's Twitter?)

Hmmm.

This Marco thing is new re: Philly. Their excuse according to Pratt and the writing was - until recently - Jack doesn't GET Phyllis like Billy GETS Phyllis. Philly are free and kindred spirits and Jack doesn't understand wanting revenge on Victor Newman, like they do. (I can't write that without rolling my eyes.) Phyllis loves her sweet and boring Jack but Billy vroom has awoken something in her. Billy supports Phyllis's emotional need to commit felonies and Jack doesn't.

If Marco trauma is the reason Phyllis suddenly finds her husband painful to be around and has latched onto the first available asshole in a self-loathing, self-destructive death spiral, that can perhaps save her. But it makes Billy much much much worse. He is stalking an emotionally and physically devastated woman. 

How are they going to handle that?

• Love 3

Well, whoever's writing the dialogue, doubtless inspired by Pratt, for *YouhorriblerodentfacednotBilly, is beyond inept. And the actor can't hold his own in a scene with anyone, so far as I'm concerned. He speaks the same crap phrases to Phyllis that sound like bad fanfic over and over. I'm not going to try for quotes because the lines are so stupid--I'm not sure, even including storylines like the r********y one, that I've heard dialogue as bad as these three-word utterances. There is just nothing there. MR as Travis projects a character through his lines, even up against Jill--not *YHRNB.

And yeah, there's some character-damage on display, but I give up. Back to looking at the clothes, watching Victor's glycerin tear seek the channels down his cheeks, and hitting the Chateau Kangaroo. Some back-to-school gift, Pratt.

• Love 5

Hell, Pratt didn't even seem to realize what Marco did to Phyllis was rape until it was pointed out to him. Now, of course, he sees the trauma as a way to polish this turd of an affair. Too bad the Billy character is such a smoldering, corrosive Cleveland steamer that polish won't cling to him. 

So Neil rediscovers his mother, comes to terms with her abandonment of the family, Lily & Hillary make up, and then mommy dies. A family story that should have unfolded over a longer period of time is crammed into a few days and for what? Was this another turd polishing so we'd feel sorry for the guy who kept a comatose woman in a shed? 

Is EH on contract? What the hell can be done with the Chloe character now? That whole manure pile can't be buffed to a high shine. 

Pratt is so fucking lazy. He doesn't seem to want to put in the work to build a story, redeem a character, or prepare a foundation for a character's actions. He's too impatient to let the beats play out, so we get big, overdramatic moments that paint characters into a corner while incredibly having no lasting effects. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, miamama said:

Interesting intel, Diva. Thnx. (Was this posted on Kate Hall's Twitter?)

Hmmm.

This Marco thing is new re: Philly. Their excuse according to Pratt and the writing was - until recently - Jack doesn't GET Phyllis like Billy GETS Phyllis. Philly are free and kindred spirits and Jack doesn't understand wanting revenge on Victor Newman, like they do. (I can't write that without rolling my eyes.) Phyllis loves her sweet and boring Jack but Billy vroom has awoken something in her. Billy supports Phyllis's emotional need to commit felonies and Jack doesn't.

If Marco trauma is the reason Phyllis suddenly finds her husband painful to be around and has latched onto the first available asshole in a self-loathing, self-destructive death spiral, that can perhaps save her. But it makes Billy much much much worse. He is stalking an emotionally and physically devastated woman. 

How are they going to handle that?

Yes, it was a twitter picture. Phyllis, Ashley, Jack were at Jabot. Ashley's fall preview in SID was that she's protecting her brothers. So I envision a role something like what Lily was given in the Hilary/Devon affair aftermath since that Ashley's fall preview was a carbon copy of Lily's summer preview. 

Only new thing on it was Devon, Hilary, and Mariah at the new GC buzz set and Chelsea and Sharon at the Underground (I consider that new cause those two don't interact all that much).

I think you're correct in that they changed course on the Jack and Hilary romance. And I know you were for it but I just cant help thinking it's for the best. I just could never see a future for Hilary and Jack long term and having Hilary dump Devon, whose done nothing but be good, understanding, and loving to her despite her poor treatment of him would have been just as atrocious as how Phyllis has treated Jack. I'm sure Pratt thought telling that as parallel stories was brilliant though. 

An aside on Jack having no story lined up. This is how Pratt operates when he's denied story. The actresses sometimes disappears. It happened with MTS when he was denied nikki/Neil romance. It happened with TEB when he was denied a Lauren/Cane romance. And even Hilary has all but disappeared after he was denied hilary/Jack. The actors usually still have story though. So I am sure Jack will have story regardless of what happens. 

Billy will probably hit rock bottom gambling and drinking then almost die as he finds out Delia is his kid or something like that to pull him out of his funk. That's more than enough for fans to forgive him. 

Edited by DivaT
  • Love 2
15 minutes ago, DivaT said:

Yes, it was a twitter picture. Phyllis, Ashley, Jack were at Jabot. Ashley's fall preview in SID was that she's protecting her brothers. So I envision a role something like what Lily was given in the Hilary/Devon affair aftermath since that Ashley's fall preview was a carbon copy of Lily's summer preview. 

Only new thing on it was Devon, Hilary, and Mariah at the new GC buzz set and Chelsea and Sharon at the Underground (I consider that new cause those two don't interact all that much).

I think you're correct in that they changed course on the Jack and Hilary romance. And I know you were for it but I just cant help thinking it's for the best. I just could never see a future for Hilary and Jack long term and having Hilary dump Devon, whose done nothing but be good, understanding, and loving to her despite her poor treatment of him would have been just as atrocious as how Phyllis has treated Jack. I'm sure Pratt thought telling that as parallel stories was brilliant though. 

An aside on Jack having no story lined up. This is how Pratt operates when he's denied story. The actresses sometimes disappears. It happened with MTS when he was denied nikki/Neil romance. It happened with TEB when he was denied a Lauren/Cane romance. And even Hilary has all but disappeared after he was denied hilary/Jack. The actors usually still have story though. So I am sure Jack will have story regardless of what happens. 

Billy will probably hit rock bottom gambling abd drinking then almost die as he findd out Delia is his kid or something like that to pull him out of his funk. That's more than enough for fans to forgive him. 

I wanted HiJack as a kind of hot diversion for Jack since Phyllis was so repulsed by him, and to pull Hilary into more front burner story. But the way it was going I wanted it less and less. Evil one-note Hilary manipulating stupid one-note Jack. No thanks. I actually can see Hilary running GC Buzz. But what will Devon do? Be her moral voice? Whatever. It's better than the two of them hanging at the GCAC and Hilary trying to "run this TOWN".

I think JFP/Pratt wanted Jack to shag Hilary, Phyllis to shag Billy, and Victoria to shag Travis in some asinine summer crazy mash up as though these people are teenagers. Based on summer previews and where they were going onscreen it seemed to be happening. But now HiJack is no more and Philly is dark and ugly, esp. for Phyllis. And Billy is moving towards Victoria again (with the Brash and Sassy angle which is post-JFP IMO). So maybe Jack was kept faithful to do the Phyllis is traumatized by Marco angle. I hope so, because Philly Love Story 2016 must be outed for the trash it is.

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, miamama said:

I wanted HiJack as a kind of hot diversion for Jack since Phyllis was so repulsed by him, and to pull Hilary into more front burner story. But the way it was going I wanted it less and less. Evil one-note Hilary manipulating stupid one-note Jack. No thanks. I actually can see Hilary running GC Buzz. But what will Devon do? Be her moral voice? Whatever. It's better than the two of them hanging at the GCAC and Hilary trying to "run this TOWN".

I think JFP/Pratt wanted Jack to shag Hilary, Phyllis to shag Billy, and Victoria to shag Travis in some asinine summer crazy mash up as though these people are teenagers. Based on summer previews and where they were going onscreen it seemed to be happening. But now HiJack is no more and Philly is dark and ugly, esp. for Phyllis. And Billy is moving towards Victoria again (with the Brash and Sassy angle which is post-JFP IMO). So maybe Jack was kept faithful to do the Phyllis is traumatized by Marco angle. I hope so, because Philly Love Story 2016 must be outed for the trash it is.

Yes, I get it. Jack with hot young Hilary definitely is a boon for him. But there was never any way to write it where a pairing with Jack was a good look for Hilary. Yes, she'd get more airtime but her character would pay a price for it. I'd rather have seen Hilary paired with Billy if she was going to be in that story. At least he's younger and the pairing wouldn't carry a stinch. 

I think the purchasing and running of GC buzz will be Devon's story. He's the one whose been shown on several occasions reading gossip on his phone. I'm also wondering if Hilary isn't given a career as a TV personality. I saw a picture from BTS with Bryton and Mishael on the GC buzz set. The wall says "GC Buzz TV". 

Teenagers. Yes, thats it. Billy, again, the center of the Glow by Jabot kids with Jack, Phyllis, Vikki, Hilary, Travis as his supporting cast. 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

How, though!? This show sends these two to PROMOTE! Sigh. I'm OK.

They are the leads of the biggest story on the show so far. So, of course, they'd get the press tour. I wouldn't read much into it just yet. 

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

How, though!? This show sends these two to PROMOTE! Sigh. I'm OK.

I know. But Mal seems to be all about buzz. Facebook viewers still hate Philly. Mal Young would know this, so the promo tour seems to be very in your face. 

They couldn't send JH. Possibly JM and MCE could have done it but the big tragedy story-wise is Chadam's so they wouldn't want to push "Chick" yet. Who else is a front burner pairing? MR's Travis is not contract. (And honestly those 5 a.m. interviews must suck to do. PB probably was happy to not do it. He has no fucks to give about self promotion.)

But more key is Philly is a central "thing" right now and sex sells. You and Mal know this. ;) On the TV interviews they show clips and Philly has *all* the sex clips. (Scenes that show has put loads of effort into, btw.) That doesn't necessarily translate into this pairing is getting a happily ever after. But MY seems determined not to miss a chance to show "love in the afternoon."

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, miamama said:

But more key is Philly is a central "thing" right now and sex sells. You and Mal know this. ;)

LOLOL. I know! That's why I know they'll never write this story and point out the trash as they should.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, HeatLifer said:

LOLOL. I know! That's why I know they'll never write this story and point out the trash as they should.

:)

I'm pretty sure East Enders had it all. Sex, young people, old people, emotional story. Philly is sex - hence sleaze Billy and the fantasy sequences. All they do is want to fuck. There is no other basis to this pairing. All the revenge plots are played out. They have nothing to talk about except I need you, damn Jill (a very weak reason to be kept apart). I'm hoping we can move into "relationship" mode soon. Which means the end of Philly.

I have very little faith in this btw. This show always disappoints. So I am likely wrong. But I'm not too worried about promos.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, miamama said:

:)

I'm pretty sure East Enders had it all. Sex, young people, old people, emotional story. Philly is sex - hence sleaze Billy and the fantasy sequences. All they do is want to fuck. There is no other basis to this pairing. All the revenge plots are played out. They have nothing to talk about except I need you, damn Jill (a very weak reason to be kept apart). I'm hoping we can move into "relationship" mode soon. Which means the end of Philly.

I have very little faith in this btw. This show always disappoints. So I am likely wrong. But I'm not too worried about promos.

On a per-pokage ratio basis, UK soaps don't have much sex, comparatively speaking. EastEnders may have more than Coronation Street, about which I have decades of viewer-knowledge, but it's all characters, all the time.

• Love 2

JT and GT weren't the only actors interviewed for the 11K. I've seen one for a CBS affiliate that included several actors with GT and PB interviewed together. I've also seen a totally separate interview with BJ, CG, and MiM sitting down with a reporter to discuss the show. 

My point is that JT and GT wasn't pushed as the faces of the show for the 11K. There was alot of promotion going on. 

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, DivaT said:

JT and GT weren't the only actors interviewed for the 11K. I've seen one for a CBS affiliate that included several actors with GT and PB interviewed together. I've also seen a totally separate interview with BJ, CG, and MiM sitting down with a reporter to discuss the show. 

My point is that JT and GT wasn't pushed as the faces of the show for the 11K. There was alot of promotion going on. 

Oh, I know. The reason I keep bringing it up is because JT/GT did like, 10 interviews that day alone together. I do think the show is pushing them as the face of their "big" story.

• Love 1

Oh, I know. The reason I keep bringing it up is because JT/GT did like, 10 interviews that day alone together. I do think the show is pushing them as the face of their "big" story.

I agree there. They are pushed as leads of their story. That makes perfect sense cause they are. 

14 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

But PB should be just as important. And it's crazy that he's not.

PB is sidelined. And I get it story wise because it is still Pratt's shit (via JFP orders presumably) that is playing out. As for the press blitz, it may be as simple as Peter just not wanting to do the tour or as I said they just want to milk the sex clips and the illicit nature of the story by showing the cheaters. PB mentioned in that interview with JT that Gina was pretty distressed about the Philly direction but he was cool with something new. I don't know. I'm confused by his position (as he's stating it). He was openly pissed about Phick and how Jack was shafted. And this is way worse IMO. That's why I believe there will be payoff for his character. And he has been told this.

• Love 4
Just now, PatsyandEddie said:

WTF is Phyllis wearing? She's being a bitch to Jack again. FOAD

DIAF NosferaTurd. You killed your own son. You and that munchkin Chloe. 

Shutup Nikki! 

Heatlifer called it. Phyllis is going to bitch at Jack for going to a memorial service for his friend and godson's father(!?) and use it as an excuse to go fuck Billy.

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, PatsyandEddie said:

Exactly what happened. Philly are abominable and foul. 

Phyllis is literally screwing Billy to shit on Jack. It's all obviously there, but for some reason, this show wants to act like it's love. It's so odd that they won't choose the angle they want and stick with it. Because it can't be both.

• Love 6

I don't even understand why Phyllis would be fazed by Jack attending Adam's memorial service? Their friendship is not new information. I mean, if she wants to bump Billy's uglies, then just go do it and don't use Jack's completely normal, predictable behavior as an excuse. I won't judge.

Just kidding. I judge her and Billy so hard. 

• Love 12
8 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Phyllis is literally screwing Billy to shit on Jack. It's all obviously there, but for some reason, this show wants to act like it's love. It's so odd that they won't choose the angle they want and stick with it. Because it can't be both.

It is odd. I find the Victor excuse has become more pronounced lately. It's really laughable. Basically Jack is too nice so she fucks his brother. lol.

• Love 7
39 minutes ago, miamama said:

It is odd. I find the Victor excuse has become more pronounced lately. It's really laughable. Basically Jack is too nice so she fucks his brother. lol.

You know she'll use it. I don't think she'll only tell Jack she's in love with Billy. She'll say he didn't support her with Victor and she couldn't get past the Marco stuff. I know how they'll try to salvage Phyllis. It's Billy that will be funny to watch. The excuses the show comes up with will be hilarious.

• Love 3

You know she'll use it. I don't think she'll only tell Jack she's in love with Billy. She'll say he didn't support her with Victor and she couldn't get past the Marco stuff. I know how they'll try to salvage Phyllis. It's Billy that will be funny to watch. The excuses the show comes up with will be hilarious.

They already have. Phyllis doesn't judge Billy. His family drove him to fuck Jack's wife. Lol.

In today's recap again people commented on Phyllis's need to let go of her rage and "heal" (Abby?). Her anger is what draws her to Billy, at least today. Show usually tells us what to believe, like Summer is as smart as it gets. Lately Phyllis is in hate (herself, Victor), not in love.

Still hanging onto my fantasy. Hee.

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, miamama said:

already have. Phyllis doesn't judge Billy. His family drove him to fuck Jack's wife. Lol.

That ain't gonna fly with Jack. And Billy is too cruel. They better just give him brain damage bc that relationship on any believable level is done.

• Love 3

It's not that Jack is too nice. Phyllis' idsue is that jack doesn't support her while Billy does. Even when it was a no brainer, Jack chose Hilary's side. That's what's pushed most times. Then other times they push the issue with Marco. You can tell there are different opinions about where this should go. Is it true love for Philly where they emerge as a couple against the world? Or is it Phyllis still trying to come to grips with her rape and reconcile with Jack? The writing is bipolar with no set/clear motives. Once again, viewers don't know whether they are coming or going. 

Edited by DivaT
  • Love 2

I'm back.  I haven't gotten around to watching today's episode yet, but I managed to catch yesterdays. A day late, I know, but here's a quick synopsis.

Chelsea finds out Adam is dead and cries in Nick's arms. Michael gives them a moment and goes to speak with Paul. As far as Paul is concerned, the case is closed and the explosion was an accident. Dullen isn't so sure, though. Chelsea was more than wiling to throw Victurd under the bus, but Nick tells her he doesn't think his father had Adam killed, and he begs Chelsea not to send the Turd back to prison because the Newman family has lost enough. Michael convinces Paul to let Chelsea go home and mourn.

Chloe is hiding in Victor's backseat and claims she didn't kill Adam and she has proof. She was at the Penthouse the entire time and Kevin is her alibi. Not to mention, there were armed guards everywhere, so how could she have possibly snuck out? God, she's such a fucking little liar and I want to strangle her. Last week, I was under the impression she felt guilty for her part in getting Adam falsely accused, and now she's just killed the guy without an ounce of remorse. Victor tells her that if he finds out she did have something to do with Adam's death, then God help her.

Chelsea shows up back at the penthouse with Nick. She tells Chloe that Adam is dead and Chloe plays the supportive friend. But, Chloe has a smirk on her face as she overhears Chelsea over the baby monitor telling Connor that Adam isn't coming back home. She's such a cold bitch.

Jack finds out from Paul that Adam is dead and he's devastated. Ashley and Phyllis overhear and both offer their condolences. Jack is broken up because he had just tried to warn Victor to stop all of this before Adam got hurt.

Jill shows up at Victoria's and finds Travis there. Jill is none too pleased with this development. Jill informs Victoria that she, Billy and Cane will be leaving for some media launch. Victoria gets a call from Dylan to come to the station and takes off leaving Jill and Travis alone. Eventually, Jill leaves and promptly calls Cane and tells him to stop packing because Billy and Victoria will be going on this trip alone.

While Victoria is gone, Billy was hiding from his mother and then informs Travis that he wanted to let Victoria know he can't go on the trip. Really, he just wants to try to sleep with Phyllis again. It's pathetic. Earlier, Phyllis went to visit with Billy and then had to hide when Jill showed up.  *sigh*

Lastly, Dullen informs Victoria of the news and she goes to Newman to comfort her father. You know, the one who started this whole mess because he was having a tantrum.

Anyway, that's more or less all I can recall.

• Love 6

Today she went to Billy and asked him if she should have gone to Adam's memorial. WTF. He said no, she shouldn't have and Jack was wrong to think she should go. WTF again. She actually said, "You get me". Damn near turned my stomach.  It wasn't about you ya dumb bitch, it was about Adam, his wife and their son.  Selfish idiots. Go for Jack's sake, he's upset so support him for a fucking change.

I'm just so angry about it. 

Edited by PatsyandEddie
  • Love 15

Normally, I'd side against Phyllis and Billy but this is one time where I get it.  Jack shouldn't be friends with Adam anyway. I've always thought that lowered Jack after how Adam hurt members of his family. And I do not like how they've sainted Adam. So I support Phyllis in that choice not to go. 

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, PatsyandEddie said:

Today she went to Billy and asked him if she should have gone to Adam's memorial. WTF. He said no, she shouldn't have and Jack was wrong to think she should go. WTF again. She actually said, "You get me". Damn near turned my stomach.  It wasn't about you ya dumb bitch, it was about Adam, his wife and their son.  Selfish idiots. Go for Jack's sake, he's upset so support him for a fucking change.

I'm just so angry about it. 

All it shows is that Phyllis wants a "yes man." What happens if Billy and Phyllis disagree and he no longer "gets her"? Who is she gonna screw next? Relationships are not about agreeing all the time and finding someone who coddles you. 

I'm still wondering how Philly will work the second they no longer have out-of-breath, forbidden, "Ooh, it's like we've never had sex before" sex.

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, DivaT said:

Normally, I'd side against Phyllis and Billy but this is one time where I get it.  Jack shouldn't be friends with Adam anyway. I've always thought that lowered Jack after how Adam hurt members of his family. And I do not like how they've sainted Adam. So I support Phyllis in that choice not to go. 

I'd understand if Phyllis wasn't just sitting side-by-side with Victor when it benefited her.

• Love 9
38 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

I'd understand if Phyllis wasn't just sitting side-by-side with Victor when it benefited her.

Which is some of that bipolar writing. Coming or going, I tell ya. Coming. Or going. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, DivaT said:

It's not that Jack is too nice. Phyllis' idsue is that jack doesn't support her while Billy does. Even when it was a no brainer, Jack chose Hilary's side. That's what's pushed most times. Then other times they push the issue with Marco. You can tell there are different opinions about where this should go. Is it true love for Philly where they emerge as a couple against the world? Or is it Phyllis still trying to come to grips with her rape and reconcile with Jack? The writing is bipolar with no set/clear motives. Once again, viewers don't know whether they are coming or going. 

Rather than saying Jack is too nice (which I was doing to illustrate how ludicrous this premise is), I'll phrase it this way: Phyllis is upset that Jack isn't in the same place emotionally as she is. But that isn't failing to support her. Or if it is, she too is failing to support him. He was tortured and beaten and sexually assaulted and reduced to killing a woman and shot in the chest. He might be suffering from PTSD and so can't handle conflict. But Phyllis can't see past herself to consider this. In this she and Billy are truly kindred spirits. They are narcissists; if they have suffered they are allowed to lash out forever because they are sad.

I'm not sure how going to his friend's memorial is a failure to support her, or how it's even about her at all. And she was fucking Billy long before Jack sided with Hilary -- on behalf of a foundation actually. Again, NOTHING to do with Phyllis.

They're reaching hard now. That's the point I'm trying to make here. And it's getting less and less credible.

Jack was a horrible husband to Patty. He was wrong a lot during Phack 1.0. He was wrong with Sharon in their marriage many times. He is not in the wrong here. Not in any way whatsoever.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, DivaT said:

Phyllis was good friends with Adam (back when she and Adam worked for Jack and helped him with his drug problem they "bonded"). So that isn't where she's coming from -- or it's BS if she says she is. Also she had the man kidnapped recently so she can get the fuck off her I AM THE VICTIM garbage. Ashley is cool with Adam and going to his memorial so the writers are whitewashing everything, which is absolute crap I agree. But it's done (and was done a long time ago). Phyllis is looking for excuses to have sex with Billy. And she seems to be indicating Jack deserves what she's doing to him and that is a load of horse SHIT.

Edited by miamama
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, HeatLifer said:

All it shows is that Phyllis wants a "yes man." What happens if Billy and Phyllis disagree and he no longer "gets her"? Who is she gonna screw next? Relationships are not about agreeing all the time and finding someone who coddles you. 

I'm still wondering how Philly will work the second they no longer have out-of-breath, forbidden, "Ooh, it's like we've never had sex before" sex.

It's such juvenile writing. Jack and Phyllis were a great couple way back when (1.0) because he called her out on her crap. That's what made them grown up and real and believable. This is more childish than Summer's love stories. I don't get it though. As you are all saying: Are we supposed to see it as deluded and see Philly as mutually destructive? Or is this L-O-V-E?

• Love 6
12 minutes ago, miamama said:

It's such juvenile writing. Jack and Phyllis were a great couple way back when (1.0) because he called her out on her crap. That's what made them grown up and real and believable. This is more childish than Summer's love stories. I don't get it though. As you are all saying: Are we supposed to see it as deluded and see Philly as mutually destructive? Or is this L-O-V-E?

I don't know what we're supposed to see at this point. Because if this show is telling me Philly are beautiful and in love because they're both self-destructive and vile and they don't have to change and be better people? Lol, OK.

• Love 7
47 minutes ago, miamama said:

Phyllis was good friends with Adam (back when she and Adam worked for Jack and helped him with his drug problem they "bonded"). So that isn't where she's coming from -- or it's BS if she says she is. Also she had the man kidnapped recently so she can get the fuck off her I AM THE VICTIM garbage. Ashley is cool with Adam and going to his memorial so the writers are whitewashing everything, which is absolute crap I agree. But it's done (and was done a long time ago). Phyllis is looking for excuses to have sex with Billy. And she seems to be indicating Jack deserves what she's doing to him and that is a load of horse SHIT.

Ashley is only going to support Jack and be there for Abby who is upset about it. Unfortunately,Abby feels sorry for her father and is probably clueless about the "situation". Ashley gets that it isn't about her because she is mature and more concerned with others. Phyl is all about herself.

• Love 11
18 minutes ago, PatsyandEddie said:

Ashley is only going to support Jack and be there for Abby who is upset about it. Unfortunately,Abby feels sorry for her father and is probably clueless about the "situation". Ashley gets that it isn't about her because she is mature and more concerned with others. Phyl is all about herself.

So it is acknowledged that Ashley has plenty of reason NOT to go and yet can see past her own victimization to consider others? Interesting. (Usually during Adam whitewash story lines, Ashely's past with Adam is not mentioned.) I read more detailed recaps of the last few days and it sounds to me like Philly are being presented as more and more gross. Billy's behaviour at the "dinner" and Phyllis's "I hate myself" is not your usual love story. And Jack saw something. That "shocked" look the other day wasn't related to Adam. He learned about that a few days later. And today, while I certainly feel Victor is responsible for Adam's death, the "show" is not presenting it this way. In other words Phyllis isn't the voice of "reason." Phyllis being shown to be blind with rage -- as Abby said, she needs to get past it to begin healing. It's particularly glaring compared to Ashley who suffered way more at Adam's hand. Jack tells her she's a good person with a big heart (or something like this) and she said she doesn't feel that way. Then she goes to the self-pitying pig waiting for sex and he validates her sense of herself - that she's crap and should hang on to rage. So yeah he "gets her."

Whoever is overseeing the writing now is realizing Victor needs to be humanized. He's now apologized to Chelsea and acknowledged he is the cause of Adam's death (to a point; this is EB after all). I find it hard to believe that this same "person/team" wants to tell us Philly is love. This is simply asinine. They could have easily presented them as fresh and positive and truly a "new thing." But they are shown as more and more fucked up and reckless and destructive and self-loathing.

Spoiler

Spoilers say: Billy reaches his breaking point; Phyllis is caught in Jill's trap; Billy spirals out of control (this week and next). And it's clear Jack and Ashley are closing in -- and even Colin. So it's coming out soon. But Philly are simultaneously going off the deep end -- or the edge they so like to "play near."

Edited by miamama
  • Love 4

I hated this episode. As a result, this recap might be short.  

It's already Adam's memorial. Nick put together a nice service for Chelsea and Connor.

Jack wants to go but Phyllis acts like a brat and they get into another fight. Phyllis doesn't understand how Jack can put aside his anger/distaste for Victurd and show up at the memorial. Jack tries to explain that Adam was his friend, and he's going there to support Chelsea, Connor, and all the people Adam loved. Phyllis keeps repeating that must mean Jack is a better person than she is. Yes, Phyllis, it does.

Phyllis storms off in tears and checks her phone. Stupid Billy left her a text saying he's going to the cabin, he hopes she joins him, but he's not going to beg. She of course, shows up. Phyllis proceeds to tell Billy about her fight with Jack. She asks Billy if she's wrong for not going to the memorial, and Billy asks if that's a trick question. Phyllis goes on to say how Billy gets her and understands her and they kiss.

Billy, of course, didn't tell Jill that he's hiding out at the cabin with his brother's wife. Jill still thinks Billy is going to the marketing push in Seattle with Victoria. Cane shows up at the mansion and is bitter that Billy is going when Cane came up with the marketing idea. Billy tells Cane he can go in his place and he can tell Jill after the fact so she won't try and stop him.

Connor is really cute at the memorial. Connor stands in front of Adam's handsome portrait, and I'm still bitter we're losing JH. Jack goes up to Connor and hugs him from behind. Jack proceeds to say some really sweet words to Connor and tells him that he is also sad.  And I teared up, damn it.

Michael was there earlier, and spoke with Sharon. Michael feels guilty that he didn't do enough for Adam. Michael thinks that if he had only tried harder, Adam wouldn't be dead. Sharon tries to reassure Michael that what happened wasn't his fault.

Chloe is still a little bitch and stares at Adam's portrait like someone might stare at a dissected bug.

Nick speaks at the memorial and says some nice words about Adam as well.

Meh, that's all I can recall. I was too busy being annoyed with Phyllis and Billy, and sad about JH to pay much attention.

• Love 12
11 minutes ago, jewel21 said:

Phyllis keeps repeating that must mean Jack is a better person than she is. Yes, Phyllis, it does.

I've never liked Phack because of this.

He's.too.good.for.her. It sucks that she has to shit on him again so it can finally end, but here we are.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 7

Jack with Connor made me teary. 

His horrible wife didn't care or think once to go to the funeral for Jack's sake. Because he's lost someone he considered a son (her own words) because she needs to go have sex with Jack's brother. Both her and Billy are vile.

Loved Sharon being there and her trying to be there for Michael when he was blaming himself. Nikki had some nerve wondering why Sharon was there, did Nikki forget Sharon was the only one who was there for Adam or tolerated him for years. Sharon had more reason to be there than Nikki with the grieving stepmother act.

Nick the grieving brother is too much too soon also, it wasn't that long ago Nick was wanting Adam to stay in jail & refusing to help him.  Abby's  grieving is at least realistic because they built her and Adam's relationship.

Chloe needs to be struck by lightening. She reaches new lows everyday, going to the memorial and watching Adam's family grieve for him. She's sick.

• Love 14

Welcome back, jewel21, and thank you for that recap!

First, it was five minutes ago everyone found out Adam is supposedly dead.  And we are having a memorial.  At the Top of the Tower (I  think?).

In fact, Victoria, IdiotBilly and IdiotCane were all supposed to fly to Seattle for a big media launch.  I love how they are all waffling, I am in, I am out.  Business doesn't actually work that way. Vic, at least, has a bona fide reason to not go, her brother died.  But I guess she is the one who is going.  Sigh.

I seriously could not truly watch this episode where two nauseating things happened:

1. Prick pretended to care about what happened to Adam and plenty of people didn't punch him in the face for what he did--there is no good reason, but we have already been down this road with the Marco plot.  I think at least Phyllis pointed out that Prick is responsible for Adam's death, and Kelly's before in the last plot.  This time, he is acting regretful, and sad.  Time to punch him in his petrified balls.
  2. Phyllis uses Jack going to a memorial to support Adam's loved ones and show his respect to his friend, as an excuse to fuck Billy.  HAHAHAHAHA!  Only Billy gets her

I am trying to remember why I am hanging in here.

• Love 12