Type keyword(s) to search

The GCEh?C: Canadian Episodes (Spoilers for Non-Canadians)

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, jewel21 said:

The Peter Pan and Wendy thing made me roll my eyes.

Same! Their dialogue is so atrocious, as well as repetitive. They do the same thing in every episode. 

• Love 6

Good lord. So he's Peter Pan and she's Wendy?? Are you shitting me? They said that????????

The one area where I give soap writers some rope is in dragging stories out. I hate it. But I get it. They have to write something like 250 episodes a YEAR. That's nuts. And so they have to move arcs somewhat slowly. So to a point I get why they are doing this. On paper they figured they could have lots of S-E-X and steam in the early part of summer, hopefully explosive drama for July sweeps.

But it's not hot and the conversations are the same and what they are doing is nasty as fuck and Jack has to play an IDIOT for far far too long.

Wait! So maybe Billy doesn't know she's Jack's wife!? ;)

lol

• Love 10

Good lord. So he's Peter Pan and she's Wendy?? Are you shitting me? They said that????????

Yes. It was lame and ridiculous and another attempt to make Philly about love and the big, sad obstacles in their way. You know, as opposed to focusing on a man screwing his brother's wife or a woman screwing her husband's brother. 

The episode was really a cross between Disney and a sitcom of your choice.

• Love 6

What annoyed me about the Peter Pan reference is Peter is an immature boy who doesn't want to grow up. He's not someone to emulate. Hey guess what Billy, the fact that you're like 50 and you don't want to be an adult is not an attractive quality. And then Phyllis sadly tells Billy that Wendy grew up. Yes, Phyllis. Wendy grew up and became an adult. You should try it someday. Instead of acting like you're some sort of stupid love struck teenager. You're a grandmother for God's sake, start acting like it.

These two are beyond stupid and disgusting. Just pitiful.

• Love 12
4 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

Did Peter Pan and Wendy have gross, sad sex? I honestly don't remember that part, but childhood was so long ago after all. 

Where's Captain Hook when you need him?

He's in jail. Where he belongs.

• Love 7
6 hours ago, jewel21 said:

What annoyed me about the Peter Pan reference is Peter is an immature boy who doesn't want to grow up. He's not someone to emulate. Hey guess what Billy, the fact that you're like 50 and you don't want to be an adult is not an attractive quality. And then Phyllis sadly tells Billy that Wendy grew up. Yes, Phyllis. Wendy grew up and became an adult. You should try it someday. Instead of acting like you're some sort of stupid love struck teenager. You're a grandmother for God's sake, start acting like it.

These two are beyond stupid and disgusting. Just pitiful.

Right. They keep trying to "explain" their behaviour with these metaphors. First there was the Revenge Train onto which Jack would not jump (though of course Phyllis counselled him against it until The Agenda kicked in but whatever). Then there was the Easy Rider "wrap your legs round these velvet rims and strap your hands cross my engines..." when Billy felt "free of responsibility and could just RIDE FREE." And Phyllis couldn't resist this (even though she has spent the better part of a year whining that she was violated and exposed and NOT SAFE. And now we have Peter Pan, the boy who will not grow up, and Wendy who is being pushed out of the nursery and does not want to go but MUST (and sort of wants to) go and so flies away with Peter Pan to escape this in-between place and they are in Never Never Land but people keep intruding and IT'S JUST NOT WORKING because it's "never never land" (get it?) and everyone is going to crash -- the train has, the motorcycle has. The puer eternas and the girl-woman will crash spectacularly to the earth because childhood must end.

A grandmother and a middle aged man who has children and buried a child are trapped in their childhood. GMAFB. 

All of it -- every single attempt to push this nonsense -- is horse shit because Phyllis and Billy would NEVER be attracted to each other and would NEVER betray Jack like this. Billy wouldn't even touch Phyllis if Jack had divorced her.

I feel sorry for the writers who are being forced to try and sell this (not Pratt but his team). I feel sorry for GT and PB. I feel less sorry for JT because he has only played Billy like this, so to him, whatever. But even he is given a different character to play depending on the day.

Everyone is trying too hard because they all know it's garbage.

The Philly Love Story 2016: The Story That Should Never Have Happened

• Love 17
(edited)

So Phyllis acts like Jack doesn't exist with Billy...then checks her phone and sees Jack has called...calls Jack and asks if he NEEDS her...and then tells Billy she'll go in the morning so they can spend the night together.

Billy, meanwhile, continues acting like he's not sleeping with his brother's wife and Jack is some sick child Phyllis babysits on the weekends.

I can't wait for Jack to find out! I'm sure  Billy and Phyllis will be devastated when they lose him!!!!!!!

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 6
5 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

So Phyllis acts like Jack doesn't exist with Billy...then checks her phone and sees Jack has called...calls Jack and asks if he NEEDS her...and then tells Billy she'll go in the morning so they can spend the night together.

Billy, meanwhile, continues acting like he's not sleeping with his brother's wife and Jack is some sick child Phyllis babysits on the weekends.

I can't wait for Jack to find out! I'm sure  Billy and Phyllis will be devastated when they lose him!!!!!!!

lol. Oh you know they will. Then it will be "Jaaaaaaaaaaaack."

Until they fuck again and sip Merlot and plan their wedding.

Whatever, show.

I wonder if all this BTS upheaval meant that the script writers were told to drag this shit out even longer than planned. It really feels like it's just going on and on and on .... like really someone thought it was good soap to have Phyllis holed up in that gross man cave for a few days?

I mean Jack would have been devastated with one fuck or two. This over the top cruelly seems unnecessary and it's not even riveting or steamy.

I guess it gives Jack and Hilary time to get closer though.

• Love 4
On ‎2016‎-‎06‎-‎17 at 7:21 PM, valleycliffe said:

the no tell motel she met up with ronan (or was it deacon?) would suit them much much better.

Even Nick sprung for a hotel room that is when they were not doing it on dirty hay in the barn or on her well used sofa at the condo.

• Love 3
(edited)
12 minutes ago, miamama said:

lol. Oh you know they will. Then it will be "Jaaaaaaaaaaaack."

Until they fuck again and sip Merlot and plan their wedding.

Whatever, show.

I wonder if all this BTS upheaval meant that the script writers were told to drag this shit out even longer than planned. It really feels like it's just going on and on and on .... like really someone thought it was good soap to have Phyllis holed up in that gross man cave for a few days?

I mean Jack would have been devastated with one fuck or two. This over the top cruelly seems unnecessary and it's not even riveting or steamy.

I guess it gives Jack and Hilary time to get closer though.

I will LAUGH if they're both suddenly all  "Jaaaaack we loveeeee you! Noooo!" It would be complete viewer manipulation and a drastic turnaround. Because right now I'm just going with what I'm seeing on-screen. And they are 100% selling this as a love story. Jack is the one in the WAY. This isn't about how Jack finding out will devastate them. It's about Jack finding out and breaking them up.

One of the funnier parts of this is Billy still being around Victoria and attempting to keep Villy alive, while Phyllis recently doesn't even look like she's in love with Jack....he's just an inconvenience she has to deal with out of fear of getting caught being a liar, lol.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 3
On ‎2016‎-‎06‎-‎17 at 7:22 PM, miamama said:

yeah. I'm there with you now. Let him just move on. I read recaps. Looks like Ashley will work with Phyllis and more hilarious hijinks will ensue.

Phyllis says "she can't lose Billy now" she's too far gone. It's nonsensical writing. It really and truly makes no sense. If you are so into Billy, end your marriage. Why is she not leaving Jack? She is concerned about the "family" when Billy has no fucks to give about his brother? If you are emotionally torn between the two men, show us this. Let's see more of what we saw the other day when for five minutes they both gave a shit about Jack's feelings. Not humour and "we might get caught" as the only reason for angst.

It's mind-numbing how tone deaf the writers are.

It's 100% unwatchable now. Well, I'm not watching Philly already. But if this doesn't end in a couple of weeks I need a long hiatus. It is bringing anti-pleasure to my life. lol.

I have already had a hiatus for several months and nothing that is happening is enticing me to start watching again.

• Love 6

Whatever to Philly. Hard to take it seriously especially with that preview. If Billy throws a fit after spending the entire day and night with his boo Phyllis, I will literally laugh. They are ridiculous.

So Hilary is after Jack now? We all know they will blame the drugs but what is her motivation? I mean I am all for bitchy Hilary but no getting why right now.

This must be how Neville leaves.  

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

I will LAUGH if they're both suddenly all  "Jaaaaack we loveeeee you! Noooo!" It would be complete viewer manipulation and a drastic turnaround. Because right now I'm just going with what I'm seeing on-screen. And they are 100% selling this as a love story. Jack is the one in the WAY. This isn't about how Jack finding out will devastate them. It's about Jack finding out and breaking them up.

One of the funnier parts of this is Billy still being around Victoria and attempting to keep Villy alive, while Phyllis recently doesn't even look like she's in love with Jack....he's just an inconvenience she has to deal with out of fear of getting caught being a liar, lol.

Villy is divorced so they need these scenes so we know it's an "obstacle" to the Great Philly Love Story. Phack are married so that "obstacle" is a given. Without obstacles Philly wouldn't be a story at all. Even though Billy has no fucks to give about Jack (for now).

Come on now, aren't you riveted and titillated by all the couples and all the messes? And the Philly PASSION? Pratt probably figures it's the only sex we housewives get.

So Hilary is after Jack now? We all know they will blame the drugs but what is her motivation? I mean I am all for bitchy Hilary but no getting why right now.

They set it up with the whole "Abbotts are somebodies in this town" shit that Ashley was--uncharacteristically--spouting awhile back. Hilary wants powah and Jack can give her the kind she wants (social, old money).

Pratt is the single worst writers of couples I have ever witnessed. His capacity to piss off viewers is unprecedented. 

• Love 7
On ‎2016‎-‎06‎-‎18 at 8:55 AM, NinjaPenguins said:

Did Peter Pan and Wendy have gross, sad sex? I honestly don't remember that part, but childhood was so long ago after all. 

Where's Captain Hook when you need him?

In Prison plotting against Adam and Vikki.

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, TwistedSoul7 said:

Whatever to Philly. Hard to take it seriously especially with that preview. If Billy throws a fit after spending the entire day and night with his boo Phyllis, I will literally laugh. They are ridiculous.

It really is. He's given 100 ILY speeches to Phyllis, his brother's wife. And they're really gonna have him react to Travis? I can't. 

• Love 5
Just now, HeatLifer said:

It really is. He's given 100 ILY speeches to Phyllis, his brother's wife. And they're really gonna have him react to Travis? I can't. 

Well, didn't Pratt in SOD say that Billy was "secretly relieved" that Tricky was not going to "last" -- according to Summer's prediction? So, um, yeah. He's jealous of Travis. No question.

I noticed when Ashley arrived at the lovers' den and spouted off about her troubles, she mentioned the "only person Jack listens to these days is Hilary." And they cut to Phyllis who had a WTF look on her face. 

This is just dreadful writing. Again, it's Pratt shock and awe stunt writing. It is NOT how human beings behave.

• Love 7

Is Billy deliberately being written like he's having a stroke or something? He insisted Phyllis TELL Jack when he had his nine minutes of guilt and love for Jack. She had to tell him because he would find out somehow, likely from Bethany.

Then a day later after fuckfest and strawberries and Ashley wanting to work with Phyllis he says "No one will ever find out. Don't worry."

Really, show? This is not stupid as fuck writing?

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, miamama said:

Is Billy deliberately being written like he's having a stroke or something? He insisted Phyllis TELL Jack when he had his nine minutes of guilt and love for Jack. She had to tell him because he would find out somehow, likely from Bethany.

Then a day later after fuckfest and strawberries and Ashley wanting to work with Phyllis he says "No one will ever find out. Don't worry."

Really, show? This is not stupid as fuck writing?

You think I'm joking when I say that Billy doesn't know Phyllis is married to Jack, but today was another example of it. He continuously either asks Phyllis "What's wrong?" or has this confused look on his face when she mentions Jack. It's the weirdest writing choice I've ever seen.

• Love 9
9 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

You think I'm joking when I say that Billy doesn't know Phyllis is married to Jack, but today was another example of it. He continuously either asks Phyllis "What's wrong?" or has this confused look on his face when she mentions Jack. It's the weirdest writing choice I've ever seen.

Yeah. Leaving aside the absurdity that Billy has no fucks to give about Jack and that Phyllis suddenly has forgotten Jack exists, or that a day ago they were both positive Jack would find out from Bethany, I don't get how they went from

Point A: Tell Jack to spare him the devastation of learning via someone else because we both love him.

to

Point B: Let's fuck behind his back ALL THE TIME because who gives a fuck about Jack and NO ONE WILL CATCH US even though we've been almost caught about 20 times now.

I think it sort of goes like this: Telling Jack will end the affair. So they won't tell because they don't want to end the affair. But that doesn't make sense. Why would it end the affair? He'll know and dump Phyllis and Billy both from his life and Philly can have their love story free of the obstacle that is Jack. Phyllis knows this from past experience (with Nick). And Billy knows he's gone too far with this cheating (he said it himself; Jack won't forgive this).

They don't feel guilty now. I mean that's not stopping their cheating. So why would Jack finding out make them feel guilty? They are in some bubble where Jack not knowing is not hurting him? Are we to believe they are this fucking naive? Two people who have cheated before -- relatively recently?

• Love 7

Billy the Pig has a very special, selective form of memory loss exclusive to oinkers known as hamnesia. Hamnesia    obliterates random facts about life, causing the sufferer to act like a disgusting ball of bacon. The patient might forget, for example, that the woman he's sexing is married or that he has an older brother who is married to the woman he's sexing. Hamnesiacs sometimes forget their responsibilities to their children and have been known to experience psychotic breaks when picking out new paint for their homes. Do you know what it's like to snap out of a mental bender only to find that a moldy blueberry vomited on your walls? 

I can't even believe this show. Nothing matters because characters act a different way each day. I don't know what most of these assholes are really feeling or what motivates them. 

• Love 13
2 hours ago, miamama said:

They are in some bubble where Jack not knowing is not hurting him? 

No, they're in a bubble where THEY have no repercussions or consequences for their actions. This isn't about not hurting Jack. It's about them being selfish and not wanting to be exposed as cheaters and liars. At least that's how it's played out for me. This could obviously change, as things do day-to-day on this show.

• Love 3
(edited)

Right. Yes. You know, they've reached a point in this story where I can't go any more. It's fucking vile. I give soaps so much rope. People cheat, lie, facilitate rape even, whatever. I watch. But this writing is so breathtakingly off the mark here I cannot watch it. (And it's on EVERY SINGLE DAY.) Love has nothing to do with what these lesser than pigs are doing. It is not funny or cute or hot or interesting. It's akin (to use an extreme example) to making us watch Bernardo-Homolka and their "love story." In other words, real people do crazy disgusting things and call it "hot." But doesn't mean we want to watch it. Sorry, show. Some things are just fucking gross. If they showed this tawdry despicable behaviour for what it was, ok. I'd tolerate it. And I was. But love and cute and giggle worthy? Fuck off, show.

I am officially on a cold turkey break. I'll keep an eye for when Jack finds out. 

Edited by miamama
  • Love 5

If they showed this tawdry despicable behaviour for what it was, ok. I'd tolerate it. And I was. But love and cute and giggle worthy? Fuck off, show.

Exactly how I feel. And instead of showcasing what should be this heartbreaking, emotional story, it's all about Billy delivering the same speech every day about how great Phyllis is. I'm bored AND offended, lol.

• Love 7

I was just at Y&R's official FB page (where older fans go to comment IMO). Show posted a link to today's U.S. -- and the Grand Philly Love Story 2016 -- and Every Single Comment expresses disgust with this stupid storyline. Not just moral outrage (there is a ton of that) but stuff like WTF is Billy acting like he just met this woman?

They do hate Philly there.. and there is lots of Sharin hate too.. overall they sound so much like all of the boards.. people are so sick of this shit writing.

• Love 4
(edited)

I said I was laugh. I had a hearty one.

Billy was seething seeing Victoria and Travis. He even went as far as imply she was a bad mother because she was with her new boyfriend instead of with the kids since she was "playing hooky" from work. Victoria didn't take that well and reminded him that the kids were suppose to actually be with him but he canceled their visitation at the last minute, so if he dared to question her mothering skills he should check himself. All this in front of Travis, mind you.

Of course Victoria messed up her phone again during more sexy times so she was unable to be reached (Really Pratt?). Luca called Travis (He has his number? At least Travis was like "WTF?") and talked to Victoria who rushed out to NE after realizing her phone was dead. Again all this in front of Billy. After she leaves Travis tells Billy that they need to get along but Billy basically rolled his eyes and left. 

Billy then walks in on Phyllis and Jack acting like a married couple and is once again a pissy little shit. Oh, btw, the show opened with Phyllis and Billy saying goodbye like it was a bad romantic comedy. Anyways. Billy listens to Phyllis BS her way through Jack's Montreal questions and then goes home to dream of Phyllis some more. 

Meanwhile Luca has got everyone thinking Travis could be part of the oil sabotage and now Victoria feels like she was duped. Luca goes to see Travis and in the previews the men are fighting after Luca clearly makes a crude sexual comment about Victoria. 

It was all a lot of crazy.

Edited by TwistedSoul7
  • Love 8

Recapping without the benefit (or detriment?) of having watched the past few weeks, so some of this may not make sense to me or you—hahahaha!  I did read your comments so I have a bit of an idea of the idiocy that has transpired.

Adam and Chelz are camping out in their penthouse living room with Connor and worried about his trial that is starting.  A bunch of blah blah about their worries re the future. 

Prison Doc/Sidepiece had sent a note to Prick which Ian Ward intercepted.  She wants to report Ian for stealing her personal note to Prick.  Hah! She tells Prick that Ian told her that Prick is setting up Adam, and Prick says that Ian is playing headgames with Doc.  She tells Prick that she told Chief Paulie that Adam is guilty and that Prick is protecting him.

Dick is over at Sharon’s house where she looks like she might crawl out of her skin at any moment.  Dylan told Dick about Sharon’s nightmares about Sage and he is worried about her.

Phyllis is chez Frat House (instead of old Montreal), a fabulous romantic getaway, talking to Jack and telling him she loves him and poor Billy overhears.  But he tells her he doesn’t want her to feel guilty or awkward.  That’s nice.

Travis and Vic are shacking up again, cause you know she works round the clock, she needs some down time (heh heh).  But over at Newman the Kindergarten Execs are trying to run the company and cannot figure out why Vic won’t answer her phone.  Sadly, I agree with them.  Puka says they need to bring in Dick to assist them.  Something about a storage container and another oil leak.

So now Travis and Vic are lounging around over breakfast at the pool lounge, cause Vic works too hard, so she needs some more time off.  Billy shows up.  She tells Billy: I don’t punch a time clock.  He’s jealous but implies that she is neglecting her kids.  Hahaha!  No, but she is neglecting her CEO job.  They argue.  Puka calls Travis cause they cannot reach Vic, and she realizes her battery is dead.  She leaves to go fix her latest crisis that she missed.  Billy is hostile toward Travis and nearly mows down Prison Doc when she shows up. Adam is there and she tells him that she won’t be testifying against him.

Phyllis, with Billy-jizz dripping down her leg, meets Jack for breakfast at the GCAC.  Cause she loves him.  Jack vaguely tells her he dealt with a situation in her absence.  He says:  Sometimes good people do bad things.  She says she is here with him because:  It’s a wife thing, it’s what we do.  Hah!  Billy shows up.  Awkwardness ensues as Jack talks about her trip to Montreal. Billy leaves and Jack tells Phyllis he wants to spend the day with her, meaning in bed, and Phyllis looks worried, cause she has gotten way too much action in the last 24 hours and I guess even she cannot cover for that.  She gets out of it by saying she has to go to work.  Billy is back home having flashbacks of Phyllis from 10 minutes ago.

Chelz and Sharon are having a meeting at Crimson Lights, cause we apparently need to use all of the food and beverage related sites today.  Sharon wants Chelz to hire Mariah, and she is totes okay with that.  Then a bunch of blah blah about boys needing their daddys and Sharon with the crazy eyes, and zombieSage appears.

Vic shows up at work finally where the kiddie execs tell her it must be sabotage because two spills in one month mean sabotage.  Dick says Prick is the culprit.  But Puka thinks it is Travis because he used to work in the oil industry and because he is boinking Vic.  Vic agrees that Puka should go interrogate Travis.  Wow, who is this Victoria?  And why hasn’t she figured out that it is Puka who is sabotaging Newman?  BTW, Dummer was telling everyone to be calm and rational, like the grown up she is.  Vic tells Dick that she could be responsible for all of this because of Travis.  Puka confronts Travis.

Adam visits Prick.  He wants to know if Prick told Doc to back off.  Adam wants to know what Prick has up his sleeve.  Prick says he is going to testify.  Prick says he doesn’t know what Adam did or didn’t do.  Adam still believes Prick is going for payback.  Prick says he has a clear conscience. Yes, but that is because he is a sociopath.  Then, after more blah blah, Prick is teary-eyed when Adam leaves. Maybe he has DID and that is how they explain his evilness?  Prick goes to the Prison Doc's room and calls someone and says: You have done very well my dear; just one more request.  Adam goes home and fixes a drink and hurls the glass across the room and says:  I hope that Prick dies in prison.  Me too, Adam, me too.

Previews:  Devon to Hilarity:  Don't tell me that we just grew apart; there's more going on here than that and I want to know what it is.  Doc to Prick:  How was your visit with your wife?  Puka to Travis:  Who knew someone so prim and proper would be such a wildcat?, and then Travis punches him.

• Love 10

Do you all get the feeling stories are kind of in a stasis? Like the writers have been told to drag stuff out? It just feels very different in terms of pacing. Now granted I hardly watch -- I watch only clips. But reading recaps I am noticing repetitive and/or contradictory conversations in which people remain in the same place -- on and on...

The Sharon bug eyed crap and the nauseating Philly story aren't MOVING and haven't for months. I honestly thought -- like a fool -- when Philly felt guilty that maybe we were near the end but now it's worse and likely to drag on and on. 

I thought both of these fucked as hell story lines would be wrapped up during May sweeps! We might see them go past July sweeps!!!!

I wonder if it's the prelude to change.

Or it's just bad, bad writing.

• Love 2

All I can say is I was hanging on for the resolution of the baby switch and I really don't care now.  Not sure I care about any of it though uber bitch Hilarity is fun, and I want to see what Prick's real plan is.  But they have pretty much ruined every character at this point.

• Love 4
25 minutes ago, miamama said:

Do you all get the feeling stories are kind of in a stasis? Like the writers have been told to drag stuff out? It just feels very different in terms of pacing. Now granted I hardly watch -- I watch only clips. But reading recaps I am noticing repetitive and/or contradictory conversations in which people remain in the same place -- on and on...

The Sharon bug eyed crap and the nauseating Philly story aren't MOVING and haven't for months. I honestly thought -- like a fool -- when Philly felt guilty that maybe we were near the end but now it's worse and likely to drag on and on. 

I thought both of these fucked as hell story lines would be wrapped up during May sweeps! We might see them go past July sweeps!!!!

I wonder if it's the prelude to change.

Or it's just bad, bad writing.

Yeah, I do think they're purposely dragging until the next sweeps period. Although I don't think that applies to Philly. I think that's just bad writing and using the time to show a Grand Retconned Love Story as opposed to a one-night stand and the guilty aftermath.

• Love 2

There is one banana I hope never gets peeled by the feet of Nick Newman, and that is the provider of our bananacaps.

Prison doc needs to back her ass up out of the Newman family's business. What a fucking remora. Passing notes in prison? For real? Hasn't she shamed and degraded herself enough with the conjugal necrophilia? Jesus.

Billy's jealousy really moves me. Like a laxative. 

Why shouldn't dead Sage show up? I'm convinced Victor died five years ago and the citizens of GC are just too polite to comment. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, HeatLifer said:

Yeah, I do think they're purposely dragging until the next sweeps period. Although I don't think that applies to Philly. I think that's just bad writing and using the time to show a Grand Retconned Love Story as opposed to a one-night stand and the guilty aftermath.

I think Pratt thinks this is hot and we all want to watch it for as long as possible. It's shocking and awe-inspiring in his estimation because he's a FREAK. But I'm not convinced it's a love story. I do think it's an attempt to justify what they are doing (that there is this love-or something-connection). Pratt has people saying and doing anything to move plot. Didn't Lily sleep with Joe TWICE? And it was no biggie to Lane (in the end). Marisa went back to her husband Luca and told Noah to take a hike and then bam flipped and was actually in love with Noah. Chelsea and Billy were in LOVE but he was still stuck on Vicki and she was drawn to Gabe. And now I can't believe Chelsea and Billy were ever a thing.

Philly are such complete and incomprehensible assholes. Billy is jealous about Victoria's guy and questions her parenting after he blew his kids off to fuck his SIL, to whom he declared his LOVE. Phyllis one day can't say "I love you" to Jack then the next day can. Then she feels bad for Billy because he overhears this. They both felt like scum because Bethany was all double talking around Jack but they are straight up tag team lying to him after a weekend of FUCKING.

JFC.

But the reason I think Philly is not end game is what's going on with Jack and Hilary. I thought there was a smidgen of hope that Hilary really gave a damn about him. I knew she was playing him but I thought they'd find a mutual using thing where they might have something sort of real -- they actually, unlike Philly -- were friends and had a little chemistry/kiss in the past. But she's seriously fucking with him. That scene of her physically assaulting him (as she violently shoved him out of her room) and then smirking like the devil???? WTF??? Philly gets a love story and Jack gets to be victimized again by a loon???? Really, show? Really????

I cannot believe it.

I still think Pratt intends Phack and Villy as end game. Billy is all up in Victoria's ass and deluded about Phyllis. Otherwise WHY NOT TELL JACK (I ask again). Once their adrenalin-fueled passion is out in the open it will lose its power and they will be meh with each other. Jack will be totally in Hilary's clutches (to Phyllis's horror) and Victoria will be in some drama from which Billy will have to save her.

The snails' pace of Philly is allowing Jack and Victoria to get in deep with others.

If Jack were being given a legitimate pairing then I'd say they're going with Philly. But because he's being given a story of being manipulated (and I expect he'll be on drugs again) Phyllis will be his saviour as her redemption. I think that is the long arc. Or it was the intended long arc. I don't know what Mal Young and the new regime have in mind and I'm not sure they do either.

But what I'm seeing now is not a re-coupling situation. And honestly based on how PB has reacted to being shafted in favour of the writers' favourite big love story (i.e. Phick) I don't see him sitting down and accepting this. He was vocal and pissed about how the writers were focused on Phick and threw him and SC crumbs. I just don't see him being quiet as they do it AGAIN with a pair of newbies (and FOJs) this time. 

• Love 8

I think they playing PHACK as potential to reunite within the year but I think VILLY are done for now. They both have clearly moved on. Even Victoria was like, "Please date someone new" in this episode. She doesn't seem to give a shit right now. The show is setting up her new triangle in Luca and Travis. That is being made very clear. They just pissy exes right now. 

They will drag out Philly because one it is out the story stops being about them and the focus shifts to Jack. Their story is him. Only now he has Hilary being a thot and scheming against him. So that will come into play as well in some way with Philly. Something will happen to Jack. The anvils are clear.

• Love 5

TS: You're getting my hopes up. HK is on recurring soon so I can see Luca-Victoria-Travis.

Phack and their troubles.

Could Billy be heading to the back burner??? Please, soap gods, make it so.

• Love 7

At least Luca-Vic-Travis makes some sense, because otherwise, what is the explanation for Vic being so OTT stupid and allowing Luca into the building let alone into her office and her business.  She agreed to let Puka go interrogate Travis today!  WTF?!  She must have some secret stirrings whenever she sees his chubby nut filled cheeks.  Blech.  Both Phyllis and Vic are being led to the truly icky side by their weak-willed lady bits.

• Love 3
(edited)
37 minutes ago, miamama said:

TS: You're getting my hopes up. HK is on recurring soon so I can see Luca-Victoria-Travis.

I mean that and the fact Luca is obsessed with Victoria. Today he sounded like a jealous ex talking about Travis to Nick. Then you had their huge fight where I almost forgot Nick and Summer were even in the room. Then tomorrow Travis and Luca are fighting over her. It just seems obvious that Luca and Victoria will fall into bed in some way. Yes, he is scheming but there is something else to it as well. I think he is attracted to her. Literally everything out his mouth these days is about Victoria. Summer is just too stupid to put it together which you would think wouldn't be the case after Austin and Abby. History about to repeat itself. 

Edited by TwistedSoul7
  • Love 2

I dunno. To me, it's Phack they're destroying by having Philly go this far, not Villy. Villy is in the clear. I'd be shocked if Victoria even gets a huge reaction to Phyllis, even though she should be completely disgusted that Billy was going to marry her at the same time he was supposedly in love with Phyllis.

• Love 1

I don't see Victoria getting a reaction that noteworthy. They are not a couple. They are divorced. She can roll her eyes but that is about as far as it should go because frankly it is none of her business. 

The reason I don't think Phack is destroyed is because they are emphasizing her "struggle" despite the fact she completely screwing over Jack. They will have her cry big dramatic tears and beg forgiveness. I have no doubt. Billy probably does something dumb and Phyllis will realize that Billy is the actual fuck up everyone knows him to be and she will finally remove the goggles. 

• Love 1

"Who doesn't plug their phone in at night?  You plug your phone in, you go to sleep, how hard is that"?

And there, folks, you have it, the Dummer explanation of life.  She's figured out how to charge her phone and is (mostly) housebroken, so why wouldn't she be helping to run Newman?  

It's the writing and the layered characters that just MAKES this show what it is!

• Love 11

The only struggle I'm seeing from Phyllis is wanting to be with Billy and not wanting to get caught. She acts like Jack is an obligation, not someone she is in love with. I just don't trust this show enough to actually tell the story the way it realistically should be told, especially from a Jack perspective. I see them riding the Philly "omg look how hot and sexy!" train for as long as possible. And they may even have Jack "accept" them at a certain point, as well.

(edited)

This episode is just full of quotable quotes. 

So Phyllis says "Reality is always going to butt in".

ButtBiscuit says, "I don't want you to feel awkward about this.  Or guilty".

Or, apparently, any actual human emotions.  Don't let the reality that you're banging your husband's brother bother you, Phyllis, and don't let the reality that you're sexing up the horror who stole your kid away, ButtBiscuit.  And whatever you two do, DON'T feel guilty.

But please feel pain.  Tons of it, preferably some sort of incurable skin rash of your nether regions.  

Edited by boes
  • Love 10

ButtBiscuit has some nerve going after Victoria for, what exactly, bringing the kids along on her date????  No matter what Travis ever does, he'll be worth the hire if he twisted that dessicated, flat-assed, elfin-nosed concave chested, poseur of a manchild Keebler Billy ButtBiscuit into a balloon animal.  

• Love 9
(edited)
52 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

The only struggle I'm seeing from Phyllis is wanting to be with Billy and not wanting to get caught. She acts like Jack is an obligation, not someone she is in love with. I just don't trust this show enough to actually tell the story the way it realistically should be told, especially from a Jack perspective. I see them riding the Philly "omg look how hot and sexy!" train for as long as possible. And they may even have Jack "accept" them at a certain point, as well.

Maybe. Nothing will surprise me with this story. She may even "choose" Billy. But for now, the fact remains Phyllis wants Billy to be her dirty little secret. She has proven this repeatedly: When she left him on the road unconscious and paid off Bethany and when she decided to hide their affair forever. (And they are being presented as dirty as fuck: she not only had a sex trip with Billy; she blew off Jack's invitation for a romantic trip to do it. And show made it a point to have Billy blow off his little kids! Neither of these situations were necessary. They could easily have planned a getaway without the brazen disrespect they showed.)

Her behaviour with Jack today (which I watched) showed me a woman who is struggling with her new life. A life wherein she is married to a man she loves and respects but is banging his brother on the side. It's one thing to decide to do it in theory; it's quite another to live it.

The hidden affair sets up a much more explosive situation when Jack finds out. He's being primed to crash very very hard rather than pulling away and into another relationship - like they have done with Victoria. Although AH made an interesting comment on Twitter the other day when someone asked if she knows about Philly. She said "No. Victoria's head is in the clouds." So, she's in lala land. That's what all this ignoring work and not checking her phone is about. She's not in a healthy relationship either. Villy are the central force of destruction IMO. If they got their shit together than none of this madness would be happening (with Philly or Luca/Newman).

The writing for Jack is the big clue IMO to where this is most likely going. He's completely devoted to Phyllis. He's playing knight in shining armour to Hilary (and I think there's a bit of he couldn't help his wife but he can help this violated woman at play). He's a goody good good. And Phyllis and Billy are selfish and destructive. They'll wreck everything and most especially Jack -- by pushing him to Evil Scheming Witch Woman Hilary, who is waiting to gobble him up. He is not headed towards a viable pairing. He's headed towards trouble.

And Phyllis and Billy will have to face the "reality butting into their love bubble" big time when Jack meets trouble because of them. I don't know. If show decides at that point to insist they are in love and a thing now while Jack is being fucked over by Hilary, I would be surprised (so one thing would surprise me with this story, after all).

Edited by miamama
  • Love 3