Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E07: Trigger

Jaded
  • Start Topic

The Intelligence unit suspects that a local mosque leader may have a role in the bombing of an Army recruitment station; after a second explosion transpires; Voight urges Halstead to follow the facts and not let his tenure in the service intervene.

Voight urges Halstead to remain impartial and follow the facts when the leader of a local mosque becomes the suspect in the bombing of an Army recruitment center.

You knew that guy was going to have something to do with it as soon as Jay would  not hear of it.  Getting a weird vibe with Hailey and Jay.  Did last week too.  Seems beyond normal partner stuff.  Really weird that her and Adam weren't in any scenes together.  At the end I expected  a shot of Adam watching the two of them walking away.  Adam seems like he could get goofy if she gets involved with Halstead.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, langford peel said:

Why are the terrorists always American soldiers  and never the people who actually set off bombs?

Both the soldier and the dead Muslim guy were terrorists I'm not sure I'm following. 

• Love 1

The main bomber is an American Soldier.  Not the racist radical Iman. How many American Soldiers set off bombs. I would guess none. This is typical of Dick Wolf shows. The bad guy is almost always a white guy. Preferably a businessman or a Christian.

Someone should do a compilation and see how the crime stats line up with how they are portrayed on Dick Wolf shows.

Of course I can think of one American Soldier who was a murderous terrorist.

Major Nidal Hassan.

Where are the ripped from the headlines shows about him?

• Love 3
3 hours ago, langford peel said:

The main bomber is an American Soldier.  Not the racist radical Iman. How many American Soldiers set off bombs. I would guess none. This is typical of Dick Wolf shows. The bad guy is almost always a white guy. Preferably a businessman or a Christian.

Someone should do a compilation and see how the crime stats line up with how they are portrayed on Dick Wolf shows.

Major Nidal Hassan.

so, white men can't be criminals and terrorists but black people, Muslims, Hispanics are? 

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Liv4Brains2018 said:

so, white men can't be criminals and terrorists but black people, Muslims, Hispanics are? 

Seeing as on this show there are a ton of criminals of color.. And because after an exhausting election cycle im tryna give ppl the benefit of doubt.. I'll assume they meant when the story has to do with radical Islamist terrorism.. Shows sometimes have another layer of bad guy behind the mad bombers and that layer is an evil white guy... While that particular trope has shown up more in recent times.. Its nowhere near as prevalent as the "Mad Brown Bomber "...  But like with many things lately it seems not showing particular ppl in a certain light all the time is seen as "an agenda" and all the other buzzwords

• Love 6
21 minutes ago, UNOSEZ said:

Seeing as on this show there are a ton of criminals of color.. And because after an exhausting election cycle im tryna give ppl the benefit of doubt.. I'll assume they meant when the story has to do with radical Islamist terrorism.. Shows sometimes have another layer of bad guy behind the mad bombers and that layer is an evil white guy... While that particular trope has shown up more in recent times.. Its nowhere near as prevalent as the "Mad Brown Bomber "...  But like with many things lately it seems not showing particular ppl in a certain light all the time is seen as "an agenda" and all the other buzzwords

maybe people are sick of Muslims always being portrayed as terrorists in movies and tv shows and white men as the heroes? Go watch every movie that is set in IRAQ. who are the good guys? The soldiers. So white men have no business being upset about being portrayed as evil. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Liv4Brains2018 said:

maybe people are sick of Muslims always being portrayed as terrorists in movies and tv shows and white men as the heroes? Go watch every movie that is set in IRAQ. who are the good guys? The soldiers. So white men have no business being upset about being portrayed as evil. 

My point exactly.. I agree.. What I was saying was the original poster to who I was replying to.. Seems to have an issue with the scenario that behind the Muslim terrorist or instead of one.. Is some white villian.. And my response was.. Even if that scenario has popped up a bit more recently.. Its nowhere near as common as the "mad brown bomber"

• Love 1

When it was revealed Atwater was the guy who was undercover, I thought, "Yes, an Atwater episode."  Then it went to hell and turned into a Jay has issues episode.  That seems to be what the show is anymore - Jay, Ruzek, Burgess, and Haley have issues.  Then in the season finale, Voight gets to have angst and all his issues dredged up again.  {face palm}

I did like that Atwater was so calm, and handled things like a pro instead of going off the deep end like - Halstead, Ruzek, etc. have a tendency to do.

I didn't like the implication that because the radical Iman hadn't killed anybody he was a good guy.  He preaches hate.  In all the suppressed minorities he was yakking about, he forgot a very important one, in every country in the Middle East, and several other countries - the group who is the most oppressed is - women.  And the religion he represents is doing a lot of the oppressing.

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, TigerLynx said:

When it was revealed Atwater was the guy who was undercover, I thought, "Yes, an Atwater episode."  Then it went to hell and turned into a Jay has issues episode. 

I think next week is the Atwater episode, where Atwater loses his 'CPD virginity' - so strap yourself in and lets see how they screw that up.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, Guildford said:

I think next week is the Atwater episode, where Atwater loses his 'CPD virginity' - so strap yourself in and lets see how they screw that up.

Yea his unseen until now love interest.. Whos probably not a cop so she"ll prob be gone soon.. Again this episode just kinda glossed over how the homeland guy was roughing Kevin ( and I assume all the other ppl who got detained)  up... They made a lil mention of it when the imam got free.. I wonder if the imam will pop up again... Anthony Azzizi is pretty well known and he didn't do much this episode.. And they were kinda ambiguous on if hes a bad dude or not.. Def a fire brand  and.. And that kinda fire and anti-capatilist talk could get someone revved up to do something very stupid

Edited by UNOSEZ
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, langford peel said:

Major Nidal Hassan.

I am curious if you stopped commenting last night when the news broke of the white male former marine killing many people?

• Love 3

I was watching this last night and had sort of shied away from online news because my stomach hurts enough already ... so only this morning (daily dose of news-gathering) did the irony of the timing hit me.

(Read that AND all the news that the specific area to which Mr. Snappy and I were planning on moving in 2020 may be reduced to ashes by tonight -- pass the Xanax please.). 

On 11/8/2018 at 11:48 AM, langford peel said:

Major Nidal Hassan.

Of the past 5 terrorist attacks in the US, all of them where white Christian males so I don't get what you are trying to say?