Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E07: A Girl Without Feelings.

thewhiteowl
  • Start Topic

Underwhelmed?  Yeah, me too.  It’s Tuesday morning and I’m the first post...not looking good for this show.  There was not a single scene that showed the jury selection process.  Isn’t (wasn’t) that the main premise of this show?   Outsider of that, I’ve never been given the impression that psychopaths are that aware of their differentness and that they’d wish they “felt” differently.   As for the “who done it” part, it was painfully obvious.  When they showed her in bed with her shirt torn to expose her breasts, the first thing I thought of was sexual assault.  Then the brother’s friend was called to the stand and I had my answer.

From what I’ve seen, I don’t think three seasons will get this show into syndication.  Too bad for the cast, serves the writers and producers right.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, dcubed said:

Outsider of that, I’ve never been given the impression that psychopaths are that aware of their differentness and that they’d wish they “felt” differently.

They said she was sociopath (antisocial personality disorder), not a psychopath.

Aren't most people aware enough of things like antisocial / sociopathy that we can avoid the really painful exposition, or at least come up with some way to integrate it so a lawyer and whatever that other dude is (fairly new to the show) don't need to ask dumb questions?

I was also unsure about why she needed to be under guardianship. A personality disorder makes someone really difficult to deal with, but it doesn't mean they can't function in the world.

Absolutely nothing about jury selection, which is what I come for.

Wow did the ending not make sense.  With everything Bull had said about Tally's inability to feel emotions about other people, why on earth would he have thought she was genuine at the end when she did something so very, very emotional as to throw her arms around him and give him a heartfelt thanks?  If it had been genuine on her part, it would have actually undermined the entire case they had just been building!

• Love 1
On 11/6/2018 at 7:01 AM, dcubed said:

Underwhelmed?  Yeah, me too.  It’s Tuesday morning and I’m the first post...not looking good for this show.  There was not a single scene that showed the jury selection process.  Isn’t (wasn’t) that the main premise of this show?  

22 hours ago, Litnit said:

Absolutely nothing about jury selection, which is what I come for.

Me too. Those used to be my favorite parts of the episode, thinking about the strategy, asking the right questions, and all of that fun stuff. Now it feels more like generic CBS legal procedural. 

• Love 1

Same.  I was surprised they didn't show any jury selecting process taking place at all.   It seemed more like a Matlock episode than what we've seen from Bull episodes tot his point.

And once again, I figured the friend was the perp.  Especially in his initial testimony where it really didn't help Bull's cause much.  Seems like anyone who messes up their testimony on the stand is the one who is actually guilty this season.

Underwhelming episode which had the potential to be much more than that.

I agree that the jury selection process would have been interesting to see. At the very least, Bull could have had a line stating that the jury doesn't matter in this case. But I'm not sure I believe that. I found myself feeling sorry for the girl. As someone who feels a lot of empathy, I can't imagine going through life without that ability. It must be a horrible life to live. So, with that in mind, I think jury selection would have mattered. On the other hand, they were going for "not guilty by reason of insanity" at the beginning of the trial. Still, not every person things that insanity makes you not guilty.

In any case, I thought it was still an interesting episode because normally TV portrays the sociopaths as the killers. This episode took a very different approach and I liked that. (But yes, guessing who the real killer was was kind of easy. I suspected the friend to be the killer the moment he started testifying. There was just something about him. He was too eager).

• Love 2
On 11/6/2018 at 5:01 AM, dcubed said:

There was not a single scene that showed the jury selection process.  Isn’t (wasn’t) that the main premise of this show?  

Failure to maintain the original premise is an old, not so honorable TV tradition. The main reason I quit watching Suits. If you're old like me, you'll remember Rockford Files was guilty of this too.

• Love 1

What was with the lengthy scenes with Dani and Cable's super? Back and forth with the key, "why don't you use a credit card?" I feel like this is Marissa redux, that they're obviously setting up this guy to be accused of some murder or whatever, and he'll turn out to be an illegal immigrant and Dani will wind up conning him to get the key back to search his place. Way too much setup for no eventual payoff. I don't find the guy particularly interesting, however.

If I were Dani, I'd have taken that taco with me.

Also bet that sometime we see the new hacker's ex, whom I am likewise sure is shady in some way (maybe he kidnaps their kid).