Type keyword(s) to search

A Million Other Reasons: Speculation

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, debraran said:

I think she can excuse herself from a case where she knows the people involved. I can't see a judge saying that would be a fair trial. I couldn't serve on a jury when I knew the judge but not well.  A friend of my husband's was a lawyer and couldn't help him with a bad dog bite case because owner was friends wife.

I hope Katherine is more than Theo's mom and the spurned wife but they have so much going on, some characters get shorter shrift now.

I think, in the realm of reality, you are right.  But in just 6 episodes, Nash has thrown reality out the window.  

To be fair, I think it would be more likely that, if Katherine were to get involved, it would be on Delilah's side and not against her.  But I have also come to the conclusion that Nash is a moron and will do the wrong thing.  Heck, he will probably feel like he has to assassinate Katherine's character so people "won't hate Delilah so much," just as he, by his own admission, did in the pilot so people "wouldn't hate Eddie so much."

5 minutes ago, snarkylady said:

Perhaps Ashley just doesn't like Delilah.....can't say that I feel any differently myself. 

Possible, but I don't get that feeling from Ashley.  It seems more like Ashley sees herself sharing grief with Delilah, which is weird...but not the weirdest thing in this show.

I've had a nagging suspicion for a while now that Gary will help Maggie get through her cancer --- we all know she'll get treatment --- and after she is pronounced cured, cancer free, and good as new Gary's cancer will come back and have spread to multiple organs rendering it unable to be treated.  I truly hope this is wrong but I haven't been able to get rid of the thought for weeks now.  I don't think the show can afford to get rid of James Roday....otherwise I'd be certain he was a goner. 

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, snarkylady said:

I've had a nagging suspicion for a while now that Gary will help Maggie get through her cancer --- we all know she'll get treatment --- and after she is pronounced cured, cancer free, and good as new Gary's cancer will come back and have spread to multiple organs rendering it unable to be treated.  I truly hope this is wrong but I haven't been able to get rid of the thought for weeks now.  I don't think the show can afford to get rid of James Roday....otherwise I'd be certain he was a goner. 

Yeah, I can see that happen.  It's pretty cliche--which means it is right up this show's alley.  I don't know if they would kill off Roday, but I can completely see his cancer coming back.

ETA: I actually can see them killing Gary off as sort of a series ender.  I don't think this show will last more than a couple of seasons (if I'm being generous), so that might be how they go out..

Edited by HazelEyes4325
  • Love 3

In the 1.7 thread @nexxie wrote:

I think Eddie really wants to be with Delilah, and she wants to be with him.

Prediction: After Ashley spills the beans and everyone finds out that John wasn’t all that, Delilah will allow herself to be with Eddie and fess up about the baby.

I have a hard time believing that based on how Delilah has behaved from the first episode on.  She has never said she loved him, she has only once initiated contact with him, and she's still wearing her wedding ring (who is she fooling?  All her friends knew she cheated on Jon).

I also suspect that if it comes out that Delilah doesn't truly return Eddie's feelings, Eddie will go off the wagon.

Just my predictions!

I can see that, following the poor pitiful me Eddie. He doesn't come off very mature at all. I think Deliah was bored and unhappy but loved Jon. Eddie was attentive and attractive but what did they have but sex?

They are having Maggie go a very long time without treatment and now she's running and a day later collapsing. I wonder if she'll have a miracle remission and then Gary doesn't but the show would have to be ending, he's the glue. I personally feel if you have too much cancer and depression, it wont sustain the show.

Any speculation how the letter gets found? It will be anticlimactic soon, will anyone care?

5 hours ago, debraran said:

Any speculation how the letter gets found? It will be anticlimactic soon, will anyone care?

Personally, I think they've already missed their window of opportunity with the envelope.  Back to TIU, it's like Jack's death.  There was a time when revealing how he died would have been climactic, but they waiting about, oh, 15 episodes too long and then who cares?

I think the reveal will come around Barbara Morgan, whoever she is (Constance Zimmer....). I just hope it doesn't turn out to be something hokey like she was Jon's long lost sister or some crap like that.

On 30/11/2018 at 10:30 AM, HazelEyes4325 said:

I think the reveal will come around Barbara Morgan, whoever she is (Constance Zimmer....). I just hope it doesn't turn out to be something hokey like she was Jon's long lost sister or some crap like that.

This wouldn't be so bad because we barely know anything about Jon. It isn't like this is season five where we'd just be discovering this. Jon is such a blank slate that they could do anything with him and it would be fine since he's merely a plot device, rather than an actual character. 

I am also dreading Maggie's eventual remission storyline because this show's too chicken to actually kill her off. Despite the doctor saying that she had less of a chance to survive now, she'll miraculously be cured because this show thrives on the melodramatic and the unrealistic nature of plots. And I like Maggie more than half these characters (I only like Regina, Theo and Katherine more and I like Rome as much as I do with Maggie).

1 hour ago, Lady Calypso said:

I am also dreading Maggie's eventual remission storyline because this show's too chicken to actually kill her off. Despite the doctor saying that she had less of a chance to survive now, she'll miraculously be cured because this show thrives on the melodramatic and the unrealistic nature of plots. And I like Maggie more than half these characters (I only like Regina, Theo and Katherine more and I like Rome as much as I do with Maggie).

This is rapidly becoming my biggest problem with the show. Maggie choosing treatment and her miraculous remission has felt inevitable since the very beginning and the other characters are being thrown under the bus for no reason. Gary’s treatment of Maggie has already completely ruined his character for me. Rome and Regina were both putting Rome’s survival in her hands for the sole purpose of revealing the completely unnecessary brother backstory. The Maggie insta-friendship hurts the entire show.  And then, in all likelihood, all of this will be rendered completely meaningless as the show once again takes the most predictable road. 

49 minutes ago, Dani said:

This is rapidly becoming my biggest problem with the show. Maggie choosing treatment and her miraculous remission has felt inevitable since the very beginning and the other characters are being thrown under the bus for no reason. Gary’s treatment of Maggie has already completely ruined his character for me. Rome and Regina were both putting Rome’s survival in her hands for the sole purpose of revealing the completely unnecessary brother backstory. The Maggie insta-friendship hurts the entire show.  And then, in all likelihood, all of this will be rendered completely meaningless as the show once again takes the most predictable road. 

Yup.  Let's face it.  There was absolutely no question that Maggie will decide to have treatment.  There is absolutely no question that she'll go into remission.  Everything about this show has been predictable.  

Personally, I am kind of sick of the idea that shows have to have "twists."  However, if they are going to do that, the twist should actually be surprising.  That has never been the case here.

• Love 1
48 minutes ago, HazelEyes4325 said:

Yup.  Let's face it.  There was absolutely no question that Maggie will decide to have treatment.  There is absolutely no question that she'll go into remission.  Everything about this show has been predictable.  

Personally, I am kind of sick of the idea that shows have to have "twists."  However, if they are going to do that, the twist should actually be surprising.  That has never been the case here.

Very true. It would be fine if the journey was going to be worth it, if watching Maggie choose to have treatment and then get into remission was worth it. It isn't, and that's the problem. The journey could be good to watch but it's not going to be. My bigger issue with this is how centered around Gary it is. He's been pushing and pushing for so many episodes now, pushing a woman he met a month ago to get treatment because he loves her and feels like he can save her or SOMETHING, that Maggie's personal journey through cancer is becoming less important. 

Plus, I'll admit that part of the reason why I'll hate the ending is because it means Gary wins, in a way. I mean, it'll be good for Maggie to win and beat cancer because it's her life on the line, but it also means Gary wins because he pushed and pushed and pushed. I see the show trying to make it about Maggie and her story, but the end story is harming the journey. 

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Very true. It would be fine if the journey was going to be worth it, if watching Maggie choose to have treatment and then get into remission was worth it. It isn't, and that's the problem. The journey could be good to watch but it's not going to be. My bigger issue with this is how centered around Gary it is. He's been pushing and pushing for so many episodes now, pushing a woman he met a month ago to get treatment because he loves her and feels like he can save her or SOMETHING, that Maggie's personal journey through cancer is becoming less important. 

Plus, I'll admit that part of the reason why I'll hate the ending is because it means Gary wins, in a way. I mean, it'll be good for Maggie to win and beat cancer because it's her life on the line, but it also means Gary wins because he pushed and pushed and pushed. I see the show trying to make it about Maggie and her story, but the end story is harming the journey. 

I'm not a doctor, you can always have miracles especially on TV, stage 4 cancer victims I know have had cures or at least long remissions, BUT Maggie was supposed to start quickly, it hadn't looked good, her chances were less than 50%. I would try but that's me, but she said no after beating it and made a joke about "keeping her eyebrows" Some might take that the wrong way that are trying in real life to live and give up the eyebrows for a while.  She collapsed and was bruising (not sure without chemo, why) but it will be interesting to see how they pull this off. I'm sure if she chooses treatment she will get very sick and treatment would take a good part of the season. They might just make her die, but why bring that dumb brother angle in?

I just see as one post pointed out, poor Gary getting hit with a return and not making it and Maggie saying how unfair it was. That will be the end of the series though.

• Love 3

Here is my guess for what will happen, or at least will start to happen in 01.09.  It is based on 3 factors:

1 - What we see in the preview for that episode

2 - The most melodramatic route for the story which will incorporate the most manufactured situational angst (in other words, the usual)

3 - The show's desperate need to keep Grace Park involved and her fans tuned in

I think that Katherine will ask Eddie to move back in so that she can pursue partnership at her firm with the least impact to Theo.

Edited by HazelEyes4325
  • Love 1

I've been thinking about Gary's over-the-top outburst in this episode.  I didn't hate it as much as everyone else but I can't say I enjoyed it either.  My thinking here is that they had him do that to show just how distraught he was -- even had him point out he was "screaming at people" in case we hadn't noticed -- and make him vulnerable to Ashley.  They needed a reason to have one of the characters find out what Ashley knows and I'm guessing they chose Gary since he is supposed to be a ladies' man and it would make sense for him. 

On 11/12/2018 at 1:50 PM, HazelEyes4325 said:

Yeah, I can see that happen.  It's pretty cliche--which means it is right up this show's alley.  I don't know if they would kill off Roday, but I can completely see his cancer coming back.

ETA: I actually can see them killing Gary off as sort of a series ender.  I don't think this show will last more than a couple of seasons (if I'm being generous), so that might be how they go out..

Nooo!!! They can't kill Gary!!! Not even for a series ender. :( 

1 hour ago, snarkylady said:

I've been thinking about Gary's over-the-top outburst in this episode.  I didn't hate it as much as everyone else but I can't say I enjoyed it either.  My thinking here is that they had him do that to show just how distraught he was -- even had him point out he was "screaming at people" in case we hadn't noticed -- and make him vulnerable to Ashley.  They needed a reason to have one of the characters find out what Ashley knows and I'm guessing they chose Gary since he is supposed to be a ladies' man and it would make sense for him. 

This actually sounds like a possibility here.

3 minutes ago, Shorty2007 said:

Nooo!!! They can't kill Gary!!! Not even for a series ender. :( 

However....you could look at the first episode as foreshadowing it.  I don't remember the exact quote but it was something like Gary saying to his doctor "so tell me doc, is my cancer back?"  Admittedly that's a normal question from anyone who's had cancer in the past but they chose to include it as part of introducing Gary.  Hope I'm wrong about this. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, snarkylady said:

However....you could look at the first episode as foreshadowing it.  I don't remember the exact quote but it was something like Gary saying to his doctor "so tell me doc, is my cancer back?"  Admittedly that's a normal question from anyone who's had cancer in the past but they chose to include it as part of introducing Gary.  Hope I'm wrong about this. 

I honestly hope everyone's wrong about that, but I guess in a way, that would make sense for a season/series finale. And I also hope that Maggie gets treatment before she dies, but not for Gary's sake, but for her own.

3 hours ago, snarkylady said:

There was a lot of cancer coming back foreshadowing in the pilot. I wouldn’t be surprised if it happens but it was probably just foreshadowing Maggie’s story for now. 

Okay, here are my guesses for the last half of the season.

1 - Delilah has a miscarriage, thanks to the stress

2 - Eddie gets drunk

3 - Jon didn't have an affair with Ashley

4 - Maggie doesn't die

5 - Ashley is somehow connected with whoever it is with whom Jon made his bad deals. She definitely seems to have some sort of sway with them and who is Donna?

6 - With Eddie not useful, Delilah turns to the whiskey guy

I think I'm about 50/50 on the predictions, so we'll see how this plays out.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, HazelEyes4325 said:

Okay, here are my guesses for the last half of the season.

1 - Delilah has a miscarriage, thanks to the stress

2 - Eddie gets drunk

3 - Jon didn't have an affair with Ashley

4 - Maggie doesn't die

5 - Ashley is somehow connected with whoever it is with whom Jon made his bad deals. She definitely seems to have some sort of sway with them and who is Donna?

6 - With Eddie not useful, Delilah turns to the whiskey guy

I think I'm about 50/50 on the predictions, so we'll see how this plays out.

I agree with them all, and I think Gary helps Maggie finish the race. I think Ashley likes Jon but he'd never use her that way. They had him look like crap when he showed her his apartment but why would he need one anyway and why was his mail going there? He could have had a post office box instead. Why does Ashley keep opening his mail box and acting surprised there are more unpaid bills? Not the brightest bulbs in the shed in this show. lol

On 10/29/2018 at 1:30 PM, HazelEyes4325 said:

I do think that redeeming Eddie is actually a pretty straight-forward thing to do.  In fact, he probably has the easiest story to handle of the three guys.  He needs to grow up and that process can carry on through multiple seasons with the show.  

If Eddie can be redeemed, so can Delilah. Truly redeemed, not just given a pass because her husband seems to have killed himself. (I say "seems" because he could have been pushed.)

On 11/1/2018 at 7:14 PM, Lady Calypso said:

It makes me wonder...would she have really chosen Eddie over Jon?

I don't believe that she would have. I'm wondering why Eddie is so head-over-heels for her. I don't agree with all of the slicing and dicing she gets from most people here, but I haven't seen anything about her, that makes her so much more special than his wife. People don't cheat because someone is better looking, so I don't put anyone past cheating, even if their spouse is gorgeous - it's just that I don't see any real connection between Eddie and Delilah. 

Also: Jon took care of her. Katharine is the one pulling the weight financially, in her marriage. His part-time teaching gave him the chance to meet her when everyone else was at work, but he wouldn't be able to keep that roof over her and her children's heads. 

On 11/5/2018 at 10:17 AM, snarkylady said:

Perhaps Ashley just doesn't like Delilah.....can't say that I feel any differently myself. 

I'm not fond of Eddie, and I seem to be in the minority. He cheated with his friend's wife, and let his other friends insult Katharine. He didn't defend her. *Jon* did.

Edited by Anela
  • Love 2
30 minutes ago, debraran said:

I agree with them all, and I think Gary helps Maggie finish the race. I think Ashley likes Jon but he'd never use her that way. They had him look like crap when he showed her his apartment but why would he need one anyway and why was his mail going there? He could have had a post office box instead. Why does Ashley keep opening his mail box and acting surprised there are more unpaid bills? Not the brightest bulbs in the shed in this show. lol

I’m 50/50 between Gary helping her across the finish line or with his encouragement she finds the strength to pull herself up finish on her own. Either way I will be rolling my eyes. 

For all the crazy things in the preview I think what was most interesting is that it looks like Jon made a video. Where has that thing been hiding all this time?

2 minutes ago, Dani said:

I’m 50/50 between Gary helping her across the finish line or with his encouragement she finds the strength to pull herself up finish on her own. Either way I will be rolling my eyes. 

For all the crazy things in the preview I think what was most interesting is that it looks like Jon made a video. Where has that thing been hiding all this time?

Yeah, it looks like it is a suicide video...which is strange because there was a suicide note.  The only thing I can think of is that the suicide note was meant for Delilah (duh!  Her name was on it!) and the video was left for someone else?  The authorities?  The people he owed money to?  It seems like a weird thing to come up now.

1 minute ago, HazelEyes4325 said:

Yeah, it looks like it is a suicide video...which is strange because there was a suicide note.  The only thing I can think of is that the suicide note was meant for Delilah (duh!  Her name was on it!) and the video was left for someone else?  The authorities?  The people he owed money to?  It seems like a weird thing to come up now.

The suicide note says that both Ashley and Delilah will be protected so I am leaning towards the authorities. Maybe the video is with his lawyer who will show up several episodes into the drama with no logical explanation about where he has been all this time. 

5 hours ago, Dani said:

The suicide note says that both Ashley and Delilah will be protected so I am leaning towards the authorities. Maybe the video is with his lawyer who will show up several episodes into the drama with no logical explanation about where he has been all this time. 

Or maybe his lawyer is Katherine, who had it all this time and never suspected anything.  Or maybe she knew about it all.  Whatever.  Does it even matter with this show?

5 hours ago, Anela said:

I'm not fond of Eddie, and I seem to be in the minority. He cheated with his friend's wife, and let his other friends insult Katharine. He didn't defend her. *Jon* did.

I don't think you are in the minority.  It sounds like most people here think he's a jerk/asshole/manchild/douchebag/insert your favorite.  As for myself, I don't like him...BUT I do think that his character has a lot of potential.  However, to access that potential, they need to let him hit bottom.  And I agree with you about how he treated Katherine.  He was a terrible husband.

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, Anela said:

I don’t like Eddie or Gary but I do think they are interesting characters given depth by very strong actors. Unlikeable is fine with me as long as there is growth and it is deliberate. 

In the 1.10 thread, I made this off-the-cuff comment:

But, even if she was on the deed, I don't think it is a stretch to think of a scenario where Jon put a piece of paper in front of Delilah and asked her to sign it, and she did without bothering to read it.  

And then I realized that I bet this is exactly what happened.  Delilah stupidly signed away her house and whatever else, which is why she's on the hook for Jon's $18M debt.

• Love 2

Probably, but being TV, who knows. This show doesn't research very much. I read much like what is below anywhere I looked to help protect spouses.

Can I Get a Home Equity Loan Without a Spouse's Signature? ... While you can get a home equity loan without your spouse as a co-borrower, you can't get it without his consent. Even if his name isn't on the deed, if the property used as collateral is your marital residence, the spouse must agree to the loan.

When I got a second mortgage/home equity loan, my husband was doing double shifts and had trouble getting in bankers hours and I asked if he could just sign. The woman slyly said "no" they would never do that, legally they need to know the spouse agreed. We had ID also.

But again, this is TV and who knows how it was done. Maybe his wife was never on original deed.

Edited by debraran

Here is the speculation I referred to in this post.

I think that Katherine will find out about the baby...by Delilah telling her under the guise of "friendship."  Delilah won't like that Eddie and Katherine are growing closer and that Eddie isn't constantly paying homage to her, and the way she handles it is to drop a bomb on it.

Now, what I would *like* to see is Eddie come clean with Katherine on his own.  Honesty (which I realize is in short supply on this show) is always the best policy.  If the news comes from him, not only will Katherine be able to process it better, but it will also show that he is willing to be honest with her.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, HazelEyes4325 said:

Here is the speculation I referred to in this post.

I think that Katherine will find out about the baby...by Delilah telling her under the guise of "friendship."  Delilah won't like that Eddie and Katherine are growing closer and that Eddie isn't constantly paying homage to her, and the way she handles it is to drop a bomb on it.

Now, what I would *like* to see is Eddie come clean with Katherine on his own.  Honesty (which I realize is in short supply on this show) is always the best policy.  If the news comes from him, not only will Katherine be able to process it better, but it will also show that he is willing to be honest with her.

My prediction is that Katherine finds out about the baby in the finale, likely not from Eddie (it would be too mature of him to tell her himself). This show likes to move through plots at warp speed, especially since they only just got renewed. I also wouldn't be surprised if Eddie takes his first drink and relapses in the finale due to the baby situation blowing up in his face. Maybe Katherine decides to fight for full custody of Theo (not a good look but she might do it in a period of anger). Maybe Delilah also tells Eddie that she's gotta raise their baby alone for whatever reason (or so she can hook up with James Tupper's character). 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, pianogirl73 said:

Could the death they were teasing before the winter hiatus have been Linda?

They were actually teasing 2 things...one a death (Linda) and one that we would say goodbye to someone who is in the main cast.  They have since let the cat out of the bag about who that would be (you can find out in the spoiler thread if you are interested).

13 minutes ago, HazelEyes4325 said:

They were actually teasing 2 things...one a death (Linda) and one that we would say goodbye to someone who is in the main cast.  They have since let the cat out of the bag about who that would be (you can find out in the spoiler thread if you are interested).

In addition to the goodbye mentioned in the spoiler thread the goodbye could have also referred to Ashley. He never said it was going to be a permanent goodbye.

10 hours ago, Dani said:

In addition to the goodbye mentioned in the spoiler thread the goodbye could have also referred to Ashley. He never said it was going to be a permanent goodbye.

True but that's a bit weird. I don't do twitter etc but if the fans who pump him up tell him they don' t like that stuff, maybe he'd cut down a bit. ( you could hope)

If the baby goes down to a regular delivery, who will Delilah call , Eddie, Gary, all of them? Seriously, you know she wont be there alone and I'm guessing the Sophie reveal on whose kid it is, comes around then. HIPPA doesn't exist on this show and she found out mom was pregnant that way, maybe she sees something or overhears the two of them talking.  Nash seemed almost bursting that they had to find a way to not have her lose her mom and dad when she finds out. Well, Delilah isn't dying and she has the cash for now, whether she gets some space going to college later, she is kind of stuck with her. I'm sure Gary will explain that to her when he's called. 😛

David Giuntoli said the creators kept it from the kids to "save them" the stress being too much with dad's death. Since we don't see that really, the stress, the questions, I don't buy it but time will tell.

Edited by debraran
  • Love 1

I have a suspicion that if Maggie comes through her surgery with a good prognosis, Gary’s going to gradually lose interest in her. He’s enjoying his role of being the guy supporting his sick girlfriend and rescuing the needy grieving widow of his buddy. He isn’t shallow Gary who dumped his last gf cause she wanted to leave a phone charger at his place. He’s the guy stepping up for the kids good buddy Jon left behind when he jumped to his death. But once Maggie is out of danger and probably back to her career and Delilah has her baby and possibly gets involved with Eddie (or more likely the widowed restaurant guy) he’s back to old Gary. 

• Love 1
12 hours ago, iwasish said:

I have a suspicion that if Maggie comes through her surgery with a good prognosis, Gary’s going to gradually lose interest in her. He’s enjoying his role of being the guy supporting his sick girlfriend and rescuing the needy grieving widow of his buddy. He isn’t shallow Gary who dumped his last gf cause she wanted to leave a phone charger at his place. He’s the guy stepping up for the kids good buddy Jon left behind when he jumped to his death. But once Maggie is out of danger and probably back to her career and Delilah has her baby and possibly gets involved with Eddie (or more likely the widowed restaurant guy) he’s back to old Gary. 

I can see that on TV, but "good prognosis" isn't usually with her type of cancer. She can have many years, but it's not a cure. I have a childhood friend who should have died with pancreatic cancer years ago and it's been 6 years with a chemo treatment that seemed to halt it. Every year is a blessing but he knows it's not gone.

I know it seems romantic, but I didn't like the "You made me care" to Gary. She's a psychologist and she thinks it's okay to not fight, fine, but to do so for Gary, not herself, not her mom or dad (who lost a son young) it seems contrived. If he pulls out, will she still care?

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, debraran said:

I know it seems romantic, but I didn't like the "You made me care" to Gary. She's a psychologist and she thinks it's okay to not fight, fine, but to do so for Gary, not herself, not her mom or dad (who lost a son young) it seems contrived. If he pulls out, will she still care?

There are so many ways in which I question Maggie's professional creds in terms of her actions and words (this being one instance).  My mother was a mental health professional and she would be doing cartwheels in her urn if she saw this show.  I'll be honest, though, I am chalking it up to writers who haven't done quite enough research on the topic.  It seems like they've read a few issues of Psychology Today and called it good.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
32 minutes ago, debraran said:

I can see that on TV, but "good prognosis" isn't usually with her type of cancer. She can have many years, but it's not a cure. I have a childhood friend who should have died with pancreatic cancer years ago and it's been 6 years with a chemo treatment that seemed to halt it. Every year is a blessing but he knows it's not gone.

Maggie has breast cancer which is one of the more treatable cancers. Even at stage 3 there is a very good 5 years survival rate. If the surgery is successful a good prognosis is not unrealistic.   

13 hours ago, iwasish said:

I don’t think Gary was ever supposed to be shallow. I think he kept his relationships shallow because he is afraid of being hurt. Gary seems like the type of guy that his very loyal once he lets you in. 

5 minutes ago, HazelEyes4325 said:

There are so many ways in which I question Maggie's professional creds in terms of her actions and words (this being one instance).  My mother was a mental health professional and she would be doing cartwheels in her urn if she saw this show.  I'll be honest, though, I am chalking it up to writers who haven't done quite enough research on the topic.  It seems like they've read a few issues of Psychology Today and called it good.

I agree. So much of what is presented on this show as romantic is actually codependency. An actual therapist would have a field day with this group. 

3 hours ago, debraran said:

In reference to above, I thought hers might have spread because they gave her such a low prognosis ( was it 25-30%?) And I might be wrong I thought it was stage 4. Was it ever stated?

My sister had breast cancer when her daughter went to college and got it back in her other breast when she graduated. She never thought she wasn't going to fight it but no one gave her low odds either. She has been cancer free for lack of a better word, 10 years.

Edited by debraran
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, debraran said:

In reference to above, I thought hers might have spread because they gave her such a low prognosis ( was it 25-30%?) And I might be wrong I thought it was stage 4. Was it ever stated?

My sister had breast cancer when her daughter went to college and got it back in her other breast when she graduated. She never thought she wasn't going to fight it but no one gave her low odds either. She has been cancer free for lack of a better word, 10 years.

They said it had spread to the lymph nodes and gave a low prognosis but didn’t give a stage. I think that was just another example of bad writing and not realizing that stage 3 breast cancer has a high survival rate. Everything other than the prognosis makes me think it is supposed to be stage 3. 

The most unrealistic thing to me is that they would operate the day after chemo. No surgeon is going to operate when a patient’s immune system is at its weakest. 

6 minutes ago, Dani said:

They said it had spread to the lymph nodes and gave a low prognosis but didn’t give a stage. I think that was just another example of bad writing and not realizing that stage 3 breast cancer has a high survival rate. Everything other than the prognosis makes me think it is supposed to be stage 3. 

The most unrealistic thing to me is that they would operate the day after chemo. No surgeon is going to operate when a patient’s immune system is at its weakest. 

That's true, or they do it before, but in her case it had to shrink. It's funny even with Lympn nodes, it varies so much. My mom had 4 and a big tumor (hadn't had a mammogram before and was 70.  She is 94 now and fine. My sister had no lymph nodes and got it again in 4 years. So frustrating but they are making progress in treatment, albeit slowly it seems at times.

I'm sure Maggie wont be a good example for some for treatment but hopefully no one is using TV as a guide.

Edited by debraran
  • Love 2

I have a thought, which I don't think is likely enough to be actual speculation, but maybe just to consider...

From the 1.5 thread: (credit to Dani but the @ function seems not to be working at the moment...)

Yep, Eddie feels bad but not enough to do the right thing even though it would make him look worse. He regrets hurting her but I don’t think he regrets cheating on her.

The fact that one of Delilah’s children is actually Theo half-sibling was very relevant to the guardian discussion. It is unfair that Katherine did not have that information when making the choice. 

What if Eddie does come clean?  What if he does tell Katherine?  And then what if Katherine decides and convinces Eddie that he shouldn't just give up his paternity?  As a lawyer, Katherine does have some tools to make this very messy for Delilah.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, HazelEyes4325 said:

I have a thought, which I don't think is likely enough to be actual speculation, but maybe just to consider...

From the 1.5 thread: (credit to Dani but the @ function seems not to be working at the moment...)

What if Eddie does come clean?  What if he does tell Katherine?  And then what if Katherine decides and convinces Eddie that he shouldn't just give up his paternity?  As a lawyer, Katherine does have some tools to make this very messy for Delilah.

True, but it isn’t just Eddie and Katherine and Delilah. Everyone in the group is involved and they’ll all have opinions. And because of the way Jon handled everything with his life insurance, they all feel that they have a say in things. It’s one thing to know Eddie and Delilah had  an affair it’s another to find out Delilah is passing off  Eddie’s kid as Jon’s. 

I think it’s ironic  that Jon’s last words were “love each other” because when the truth (whatever it is) comes out, there’s not going to be much love left among the group. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, iwasish said:

True, but it isn’t just Eddie and Katherine and Delilah. Everyone in the group is involved and they’ll all have opinions. And because of the way Jon handled everything with his life insurance, they all feel that they have a say in things. It’s one thing to know Eddie and Delilah had  an affair it’s another to find out Delilah is passing off  Eddie’s kid as Jon’s. 

I think it’s ironic  that Jon’s last words were “love each other” because when the truth (whatever it is) comes out, there’s not going to be much love left among the group. 

Well, conflict makes for good television (fortunately and unfortunately).  Right now, they seem to have all these separate threads.  Rome and Gary have little to do with Eddie's story, Eddie and Rome have little to do with Gary's story, and Eddie and Gary have little to do with Rome's story.  This at least would throw them all in the pot together!

(Again, I think this scenario is highly unlikely--it's much more wishlist than speculation on my part!)

• Love 2

I never noticed this before in the apartment that Jon kept, but others might have seen it. The golf trophy says 2014 so only 5 years ago. I wonder if it's the child we hear? Can't be anyone from his family? Also the cheerleading megaphone was the Catholic school Jon went too and his kids I think but much earlier. Mom's? image.thumb.png.3507254fed358c178d846067eb261dac.png

4230e5a5-a51e-447c-9658-8101151ac4cf-a-mThis woman with Jon could have been the one shown now as Nelson,but hard to tell. I guess they all disappeared after graduation.

Never saw these before, just a blip on TV so sorry if they are repeats to most.

Edited by debraran
On 2/15/2019 at 8:34 PM, HazelEyes4325 said:

God help me, I can’t find it or figure it out. 😢

17 minutes ago, cardigirl said:

God help me, I can’t find it or figure it out. 😢

Spoiler

Nash said that we would say goodbye to someone he mentioned in that interview. The possibilities were the Rome, Eddie, Gary, Maggie, Delilah, Katherine, Ashley, Jon, Barbara Morgan and all of the kids.  

Everyone assumed he was saying someone would die. However he has also said that this season is about saying goodbye to Jon and the final episode is called goodbye. 

Someone could still leave the show but I doubt it at this point. 

Edited by Guest
6 minutes ago, Dani said:
  Hide contents

Nash said that we would say goodbye to someone he mentioned in that interview. The possibilities were the Rome, Eddie, Gary, Maggie, Delilah, Katherine, Ashley, Jon, Barbara Morgan and all of the kids.  

Everyone assumed he was saying someone would die. However he has also said that this season is about saying goodbye to Jon and the final episode is called goodbye. 

Someone could still leave the show but I doubt it at this point. 

That is beyond contrived. He must think the fans are stupid or enjoy playing games like this. I don't want to lose anyone but I hope this isn't the case.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, debraran said:

I never noticed this before in the apartment that Jon kept, but others might have seen it. The golf trophy says 2014 so only 5 years ago. I wonder if it's the child we hear? Can't be anyone from his family? Also the cheerleading megaphone was the Catholic school Jon went too and his kids I think but much earlier. Mom's? image.thumb.png.3507254fed358c178d846067eb261dac.png

Maybe Jon got a trophy for some charity business golf tournament and instead of having it in his home he put it with other mementos. Or if there is a child/now teen? and Barbara Morgan is involved somehow (the mother?) maybe she sent him the trophy and possibly other items that the awarded to him/her. 

The mega phone was dated 69-70. That’s 50 years ago. How old was Jon supposed to be?