Type keyword(s) to search

A Million Other Reasons: Speculation

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, iwasish said:

Maybe Jon got a trophy for some charity business golf tournament and instead of having it in his home he put it with other mementos. Or if there is a child/now teen? and Barbara Morgan is involved somehow (the mother?) maybe she sent him the trophy and possibly other items that the awarded to him/her. 

The mega phone was dated 69-70. That’s 50 years ago. How old was Jon supposed to be?

50, so when he was born. Maybe his mom or someone like that. Theynwould be in 20's. I would be all over that photo album. ; ) Ashley knew one photo brought pain because he shut it then. I suppose wondering if that was the infamous Barbara didn't enter her mind. She had a key, I would have gone back after his death. I would think Jon showed her the place for a reason but behavior was not what you would think with anyone in the show. He seemed like he was going to tell her about wine when Regina called and that threw things off but I'm sure if anyone feels a little Columbo one day, maybe in a few shows or next season, it wont be hard.

Edited by debraran

So, someone on Reddit pointed out the character of Mitch, I presume the husband of Drea's mystery character who was watching Delilah at the end of last episode, and how his voice on the phone sounded like it was Ron Livingston's voice. So now I have a theory.

Because of the way they framed Mitch onscreen in 1x14 in that single shot before the opening credit as if he's going to be a character we would know and now hearing his voice twice, I'm just throwing a random theory out there. Mitch is going to be played by Ron Livingston (that way, they can keep the actor) but Mitch is Jon's twin brother. 

Maybe Mitch/Jon had a falling out at some point in their lives. Mitch's last name is apparently Nelson, so that is different from Jon's being Dixon, but they could explain that away as either that being his wife's last name (if she's not Barbara Morgan) or, if she is Barbara Morgan, maybe the last name of Nelson was their mother's initial last name and Mitch took it on after whatever falling out he had. 

Of course, this is all just speculation but I don't put it past this show to throw in a secret twin twist, especially if they did realize that they can't lose Ron after barely having him on the show in the first place, and they utilize the actor more for season 2. 

I'd honestly accept that twist to keep the actor around. Which means it likely won't be him but some other actor (though we know, through framing and editing, that Mitch IS going to be played by an important actor because why include his voice/body in one shot if we aren't supposed to recognize him through the actor?)

• Love 2
7 hours ago, debraran said:

50, so when he was born. Maybe his mom or someone like that. Theynwould be in 20's. I would be all over that photo album. ; ) Ashley knew one photo brought pain because he shut it then. I suppose wondering if that was the infamous Barbara didn't enter her mind. She had a key, I would have gone back after his death. I would think Jon showed her the place for a reason but behavior was not what you would think with anyone in the show. He seemed like he was going to tell her about wine when Regina called and that threw things off but I'm sure if anyone feels a little Columbo one day, maybe in a few shows or next season, it wont be hard.

Ashley did go back, at least to the building, after his death.  There was a scene where she went to get the mail and all the bills came piling out (and, really, are we supposed to believe that all of Jon's financial woes were so cleanly cleaned up BY KATHERINE with one sale?  Are we completely over that storyline already?)

3 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

So, someone on Reddit pointed out the character of Mitch, I presume the husband of Drea's mystery character who was watching Delilah at the end of last episode, and how his voice on the phone sounded like it was Ron Livingston's voice. So now I have a theory.

(snip)

I must have missed something because I'm still not seeing the importance of "Mitch."  I mean, if the show could sensically work him into the story, fine...but this show already has too damn many characters.  (I also didn't catch that it sounded like Ron Livingston, but I'm so completely over the whole Barbara Morgan crap that I could have easily missed it).

I guess this brings up to general, but major, frustrations I have with this show:

1 - As I said, too many characters.  It's not like there is one big story and everyone is involved.  No, it's a bunch of little stories that stand alone and this weird, manufactured "mystery" that isn't really linking things together.  There are shows that can handle large casts, think Grey's Anatomy, but even that show is compartmentalized--which works in that format, but not in this.

2 - I feel like there has been a bait and switch here.  The whole premise of this show, in the beginning, was that it was about friendship and found family, but it doesn't seem to be much about that at all.  It's now about the MYSTERY and the friendship issue is put on the back burner.  There are a lot of shows with mysteries, but not a lot of dramas that deal with friendship.

(Sorry to go off on this rant, I'm still working on my first cup of coffee in the morning...)

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, HazelEyes4325 said:

I must have missed something because I'm still not seeing the importance of "Mitch."  I mean, if the show could sensically work him into the story, fine...but this show already has too damn many characters.  (I also didn't catch that it sounded like Ron Livingston, but I'm so completely over the whole Barbara Morgan crap that I could have easily missed it).

For me, I first noticed that Mitch MAY become an important character right at the beginning of 1x14. After Gary goes to visit MaybeBarbara and she closes the door, we hear Mitch ask who it was and then he comes into view in the camera, but not enough to see his face or anything. The framing of that shot is very, very suspect:

Capture23.thumb.JPG.b33eef587d5a6be5623d41e63c46c4ea.JPG

If he's not an important character, there'd be no need to obscure his face like that. If he was a nobody character who wouldn't matter, they would have either not had a Mitch at all or hired a glorified extra. 

Then, at the end of 1x15, he gets ANOTHER cameo through his voice over the phone. Again, if Mitch was meant to be a nobody, they'd just have MaybeBarbara's side of the conversation. 

So yeah, if he's not an important character, what a pointless character to trick the audience into thinking he could be important. 

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

For me, I first noticed that Mitch MAY become an important character right at the beginning of 1x14. After Gary goes to visit MaybeBarbara and she closes the door, we hear Mitch ask who it was and then he comes into view in the camera, but not enough to see his face or anything. The framing of that shot is very, very suspect:

Capture23.thumb.JPG.b33eef587d5a6be5623d41e63c46c4ea.JPG

If he's not an important character, there'd be no need to obscure his face like that. If he was a nobody character who wouldn't matter, they would have either not had a Mitch at all or hired a glorified extra. 

Then, at the end of 1x15, he gets ANOTHER cameo through his voice over the phone. Again, if Mitch was meant to be a nobody, they'd just have MaybeBarbara's side of the conversation. 

So yeah, if he's not an important character, what a pointless character to trick the audience into thinking he could be important. 

Maybe the guy in the photo with Jon. I know one thing,you don’t jump off a high rise and live. Granted we never got the gore, the hospital/morgue trip but Jon is dead. Brother we never heard maybe but please I hope no more plot twists. Nash likes to build suspense except with changing original plot he has more duds. 

It will be interesting to see if @Lady Calypso's theory plays out.  As I said, I didn't see the importance, but I also don't care about the Barbara Morgan angle so all of that was bound to go over my head anyway.

1 hour ago, debraran said:

Maybe the guy in the photo with Jon. I know one thing, you don’t jump off a high rise and live. Granted we never got the gore, the hospital/morgue trip but Jon is dead. Brother we never heard maybe but please I hope no more plot twists. Nash likes to build suspense except with changing original plot he has more duds. 

Not sure why, but that made me laugh.

But you bring forward a good point--there were 4 people in that picture, right?  Jon, supposedly Barbara, and another couple?  What about them?  At least something had to happen since, you know, they weren't at the funeral.

• LOL 2

Maybe the guy in the photo with Jon. I know one thing,you don’t jump off a high rise and live. Granted we never got the gore, the hospital/morgue trip but Jon is dead. Brother we never heard maybe but please I hope no more plot twists. Nash likes to build suspense except with changing original plot he has more duds. 

There was a photo in promo for the next episode. It is clearly Jon and MaybeBarbara. The second guy is harder to make out but he does look at lot like Jon. @Lady Calypso May have figured out the twist. If this is the twist putting that photo in the promo was a poor decision. 

AC275568-B16C-4441-841C-8D66BF3E9FD6.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Dani said:

There was a photo in promo for the next episode. It is clearly Jon and MaybeBarbara. The second guy is harder to make out but he does look at lot like Jon. @Lady Calypso May have figured out the twist. If this is the twist putting that photo in the promo was a poor decision. 

AC275568-B16C-4441-841C-8D66BF3E9FD6.jpeg

Do you mean someone else?  You said Jon twice. 

Wait a minute.  Oh.  You mean . . . .

Edited by cardigirl
6 minutes ago, cardigirl said:

Do you mean someone else?  You said Jon twice. 

No. I meant both men look similar enough that they be brothers who are both played by Ron Livingston. 

Edited by Guest

I dont think I can suspend belief Jon had a twin and no one knew.  Unless Nash is on drugs that would make a mockery of the show. I love Jon and was happy when Ron said he might do some videos (?)but had another show to do We only saw  Barbara’s video but he might have done more that got lost at the post office. Lol 

That picture with Barbara was used how in promo?

What happened to bad business deals and people being implicated?? 

Edited by debraran

That picture with Barbara was used how in promo?

The picture is in a photo album that Delilah is looking at. She looks stunned and like she is reacting to someone we can’t see. 

Edited by Guest
1 hour ago, Dani said:

The picture is in a photo album that Delilah is looking at. She looks stunned and like she is reacting to someone we can’t see. 

I just saw it, so she gets the new guy to help her find things from her late husband? You would think she would keep that in the family but we'll see how it fits.

Do you think it will be a good ending or just a cliff hanger for next season in the Fall?

32 minutes ago, debraran said:

I just saw it, so she gets the new guy to help her find things from her late husband? You would think she would keep that in the family but we'll see how it fits.

Do you think it will be a good ending or just a cliff hanger for next season in the Fall?

Is it a man? Hard to tell from the glare on the plastic over the picture, but the hairstyle and the teeth.... could it be an older woman? There’s a glare on the teeth and ears (earrings?). I have photo albums with pictures of grandmothers, old Aunts etc, (Italian heritage) and several of them wore their hair in shorter perm/waved styles and even dyed it to hide the gray.  I’m only looking at the still pic so it is hard to tell....

3 hours ago, debraran said:

I dont think I can suspend belief Jon had a twin and no one knew.  Unless Nash is on drugs that would make a mockery of the show. I love Jon and was happy when Ron said he might do some videos (?)but had another show to do We only saw  Barbara’s video but he might have done more that got lost at the post office. Lol 

To be perfectly honest, I DON'T put it past Nash. This is also from the same show that has nobody even thinking that Eddie could be Delilah's baby daddy, where Delilah is babied by everyone, and has thrown every possible cliche in the span of 15 episodes (so far). Why not a secret twin brother? We've explored affairs, pregnancies (and paternity in question), rape/molestation, depression, suicide, cancer, car accident, divorce/separation, financial burdens (may I point out EIGHTEEN MILLION DOLLARS IN DEBT?), abortion (or the lack of an abortion), and alcoholism/addiction. And I think I still missed something else.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Lady Calypso said:

To be perfectly honest, I DON'T put it past Nash. This is also from the same show that has nobody even thinking that Eddie could be Delilah's baby daddy, where Delilah is babied by everyone, and has thrown every possible cliche in the span of 15 episodes (so far). Why not a secret twin brother? We've explored affairs, pregnancies (and paternity in question), rape/molestation, depression, suicide, cancer, car accident, divorce/separation, financial burdens (may I point out EIGHTEEN MILLION DOLLARS IN DEBT?), abortion (or the lack of an abortion), and alcoholism/addiction. And I think I still missed something else.

A gay son, not bad thing but another popular subject this year.  I shudder at the thought, but maybe that is why Jon's family was never mentioned, no one at funeral that we could see. He needed to hide them to pull that off. He did say to a fan, loosely remembering, "Jon jumped, he's dead, you can't bring him back". But he didn't say you couldn't bring a relative in.

1 hour ago, iwasish said:

Is it a man? Hard to tell from the glare on the plastic over the picture, but the hairstyle and the teeth.... could it be an older woman? There’s a glare on the teeth and ears (earrings?). I have photo albums with pictures of grandmothers, old Aunts etc, (Italian heritage) and several of them wore their hair in shorter perm/waved styles and even dyed it to hide the gray.  I’m only looking at the still pic so it is hard to tell....

I'm Italian, I know what you mean. He was happy in those pictures, I just don't see how he ended up with Delilah. They never even discussed how they met.  She wasn't working with him, just seems to have appeared. I guess they married and anything "before he met me" didn't exist. lol I guess he found the perfect wife.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, debraran said:

A gay son, not bad thing but another popular subject this year.  I shudder at the thought, but maybe that is why Jon's family was never mentioned, no one at funeral that we could see. He needed to hide them to pull that off. He did say to a fan, loosely remembering, "Jon jumped, he's dead, you can't bring him back". But he didn't say you couldn't bring a relative in.

Exactly. When it comes to Jon, they haven't really developed him much, especially in terms of his own family, so it's not like they'd be retconning him. 

I mean, I don't fully believe yet that Mitch will be played by Ron Livingston, but can we REALLY eliminate that theory entirely? I don't think so. I'm just positive that Mitch is going to be more than a glorified extra and he's an important piece to the Barbara Morgan mystery (whether it's the twin brother stuff or something else).

• LOL 1
21 minutes ago, debraran said:

I'm Italian, I know what you mean. He was happy in those pictures, I just don't see how he ended up with Delilah. They never even discussed how they met.  She wasn't working with him, just seems to have appeared. I guess they married and anything "before he met me" didn't exist. lol I guess he found the perfect wife.

Jon and Delilah met in the airport when she was flying to France. Her father was telling the story in one of the flashbacks. 

1 hour ago, Dani said:

Jon and Delilah met in the airport when she was flying to France. Her father was telling the story in one of the flashbacks. 

Wonder why Jon was at the airport? Running away from somewhere or someone? Coming back after running away? 

In the 1.15 thread, @iwasish wrote:

If the truth comes out, I don’t see both of them remaining within the circle of friends. Either Eddie or Delilah, alone, may if they wish too and if they can sell themselves as the least guilty. It also depends on what the big secret to Jon’s  past is (if it’s anything, or just a million little things). 

I think since Jon seems to have been the glue, it’s more likely Delilah would move on, probably with a new admirer waiting in the wings. 

I think it is a foregone conclusion that the truth will come out and it will divide the group.  The question is *how* it will:  I mean, Gary will side with Delilah, that one is for sure.  I can actually see Rome and maybe even Regina siding with Eddie.  Regina, after all, was upset with Delilah over the affair AND was relieved that the baby was supposedly Jon's.  With Rome, I think he'll see Delilah as being the dishonest one here, which is why he'll side with Eddie.  Maggie--well, who the hell knows with her.

At some point, everyone's storylines will have to come together and this seems like the most logical way for it to happen.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, HazelEyes4325 said:

In the 1.15 thread, @iwasish wrote:

I think it is a foregone conclusion that the truth will come out and it will divide the group.  The question is *how* it will:  I mean, Gary will side with Delilah, that one is for sure.  I can actually see Rome and maybe even Regina siding with Eddie.  Regina, after all, was upset with Delilah over the affair AND was relieved that the baby was supposedly Jon's.  With Rome, I think he'll see Delilah as being the dishonest one here, which is why he'll side with Eddie.  Maggie--well, who the hell knows with her.

At some point, everyone's storylines will have to come together and this seems like the most logical way for it to happen.

You think Gary will side with Delilah... wasn’t he closest to Jon? I’d think the lie about the baby would make him defensive of Jon and Jon’s kids. I think that Delilah, even if she continues as a part of the group, would only be in it for what they’re willing to do to help her. Should gas station guy pan out... she’ll fade away from the rest of them.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, iwasish said:

You think Gary will side with Delilah... wasn’t he closest to Jon? I’d think the lie about the baby would make him defensive of Jon and Jon’s kids. I think that Delilah, even if she continues as a part of the group, would only be in it for what they’re willing to do to help her. Should gas station guy pan out... she’ll fade away from the rest of them.

Gary idolized "Jon and Delilah" and Jon and Delilah.  His response to Delilah about the affair was a 180 from his response to Eddie, and even included a line about how she should have chosen him and not Eddie.  There is also this sort of underlying hostility towards Eddie, even though he's been there for Eddie when no one else could (Rome) or wanted to be (Delilah).

Now, that being said, I also see your point about how it might turn him against Delilah.  Honestly, I would prefer that (although I think the former scenario is more likely).  I do know that when I've seen this sort of thing in other shows--because it certainly wouldn't be unique to AMLT--how the "teams" form is not what you'd expect.

Of course, my dream scenario would be that Delilah is shut out of the group, but I doubt that would happen.

4 hours ago, Dani said:

Yes, it seemed very much like a "love at first sight" sort of thing.  Because Delilah is irresistible to every man in the world.

Ugh.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, HazelEyes4325 said:

Gary idolized "Jon and Delilah" and Jon and Delilah.  His response to Delilah about the affair was a 180 from his response to Eddie, and even included a line about how she should have chosen him and not Eddie.  There is also this sort of underlying hostility towards Eddie, even though he's been there for Eddie when no one else could (Rome) or wanted to be (Delilah).

Now, that being said, I also see your point about how it might turn him against Delilah.  Honestly, I would prefer that (although I think the former scenario is more likely).  I do know that when I've seen this sort of thing in other shows--because it certainly wouldn't be unique to AMLT--how the "teams" form is not what you'd expect.

Of course, my dream scenario would be that Delilah is shut out of the group, but I doubt that would happen.

Yes, it seemed very much like a "love at first sight" sort of thing.  Because Delilah is irresistible to every man in the world.

Ugh.

I agree with the Ugh, lol.  For some reason, maybe I'm putting in my own feelings, but I get a weird vibe from the new guy. I think if Delilah sees him there will be a fall out, he also has secrets and job secrets. I don't doubt she'll be disinterested but I just see an issue and her running back for help. Not many men, widower or not, successful, want a pregnant woman as a love interest and even if he did, the responsibility of taking on a baby (and who's is it) and 2 other teen children. I'm not saying it will go there but just not that realistic. But what is on the show?

• Love 1
2 hours ago, debraran said:

I agree with the Ugh, lol.  For some reason, maybe I'm putting in my own feelings, but I get a weird vibe from the new guy. I think if Delilah sees him there will be a fall out, he also has secrets and job secrets. I don't doubt she'll be disinterested but I just see an issue and her running back for help. Not many men, widower or not, successful, want a pregnant woman as a love interest and even if he did, the responsibility of taking on a baby (and who's is it) and 2 other teen children. I'm not saying it will go there but just not that realistic. But what is on the show?

Delilah is used to a certain standard of living. Did Jon leave her enough to get out of debt and maintain that lifestyle?  Eddie isn’t a money maker, I doubt his music career is really going to take off and I don’t see her as going on tour with him or waiting at home for him week after week. So, if gas guy has money... as far as not taking on responsibility, he certainly enjoyed rescuing the damsel in distress. I think Gary is the wild card in terms of which way his loyalty will go. And that too might depend on Maggie’s health. 

3 hours ago, debraran said:

I mean, if TV cliches have anything to go by (and with Gary the Righteous), Andrew will absolutely be shady and will break Delilah's heart somehow. The show has basically spelled out "Hey, keep an eye on Gas Station Guy. He's probably going to have a super big secret so that Delilah doesn't end up with him next season!" Gary already expressed doubts about this guy. Part of it due to his own insecurities and possible jealousy (not romantic, but otherwise) but also because Gary has mostly been right this season and with him basically taking over the main lead role, he can't possibly be wrong about Gas Station Guy who owns his own restaurants or something. I said this back in that road trip episode with Delilah and Maggie that I thought Gas Station Guy could be involved in whatever Jon was doing. I'm still not writing that theory off. 

8 hours ago, HazelEyes4325 said:

My thoughts are similar. Gary sides with Delilah 1 million percent. He has been consistent in that and if he didn't even bother getting mad at Delilah for her role in the affair, he won't really get mad about her lying about the parentage of Baby Dixon-Saville (I also realized that I only know Delilah's marital last name and had to look up Eddie's last name...I actually had no idea on any of the other last names either, not even Maggie's). Rome would want to keep the peace with his friends, but would likely side with Eddie. Regina will probably not even want to choose sides at first. Maggie, I think, will try to be a voice of reason here. I don't see her getting upset at either side, or she'll put the blame equally amongst them. 

Or I'm wrong and they all side with Delilah because poor defenseless Delilah can't be yelled at, even when the baby's born. Or maybe Gary actually gets angry at Delilah for the first time. I still think Sophie will be the first one to actually get upset at Delilah and actually yells at her. Man, that revelation to Sophie can't come soon enough. I've literally been waiting for it since episode four. 

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

I mean, if TV cliches have anything to go by (and with Gary the Righteous), Andrew will absolutely be shady and will break Delilah's heart somehow. The show has basically spelled out "Hey, keep an eye on Gas Station Guy. He's probably going to have a super big secret so that Delilah doesn't end up with him next season!" Gary already expressed doubts about this guy. Part of it due to his own insecurities and possible jealousy (not romantic, but otherwise) but also because Gary has mostly been right this season and with him basically taking over the main lead role, he can't possibly be wrong about Gas Station Guy who owns his own restaurants or something. I said this back in that road trip episode with Delilah and Maggie that I thought Gas Station Guy could be involved in whatever Jon was doing. I'm still not writing that theory off. 

I hope the person looking into Jons death who is “unexpected” is Sophie not the gas guy . If he helps I see a tie-in also.  It seemed weird even in the preview. What happened to his office computer, papers etc 

32 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Or I'm wrong and they all side with Delilah because poor defenseless Delilah can't be yelled at, even when the baby's born. Or maybe Gary actually gets angry at Delilah for the first time. I still think Sophie will be the first one to actually get upset at Delilah and actually yells at her. Man, that revelation to Sophie can't come soon enough. I've literally been waiting for it since episode four. 

I am looking forward to that too.....” My guitar teacher, dads best friend ?” Nash and David Giuntoli both said it will be hard for her. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, iwasish said:

Delilah is used to a certain standard of living. Did Jon leave her enough to get out of debt and maintain that lifestyle?  Eddie isn’t a money maker, I doubt his music career is really going to take off and I don’t see her as going on tour with him or waiting at home for him week after week. So, if gas guy has money... as far as not taking on responsibility, he certainly enjoyed rescuing the damsel in distress. I think Gary is the wild card in terms of which way his loyalty will go. And that too might depend on Maggie’s health. 

It sounds like the life insurance, which was separate from Jon's business troubles but still could have been taken in them, was substantial.  So, Delilah has money--now.  However, there isn't that much money in the restaurant business, especially with a new restaurant that you co-own, so she's going to need someone to help her maintain her lifestyle soon.

Any speculation on what Gary's secret could be?

While the A Million Little Things cast hasn't offered any further clues about who may be in trouble, Roday revealed to Us Weekly that Gary, who has stepped up as the go-to friend after Jon's death, is worth watching carefully.

"Like everyone else, Gary has a secret of his own,” he told the magazine. “There will be a revelation that sheds some light on the weight Gary has been carrying around. But ultimately, I think he just feels like he owes Jon his life and really wishes he could have repaid the favor."

That seems to be about his cancer but everyone knows about that. They are supposed to have someone else find out about the baby, I just wish they would tie all that up by seasons end.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, chitowngirl said:

I would love it if the baby turned out to be Jon’s. 

I'd actually do anything for Delilah to have lied to Eddie about this. I would honestly love this show if they changed courses like this, because this baby stuff actually sucks the life out of anything Eddie-related. It's not even an entertaining secret; it's just super depressing once it comes out and ruins any semblance of Eddie/Katherine fixing even a tiny smidge of their relationship. The worst part is knowing the secret's coming out (looking more like next season now) and it'll be smack dab in the middle of Eddie/Katherine mending at least part of their relationship. Just rip off the Band-Aid in the finale, show. Please, I'm actually begging to get that secret out in the open sooner rather than later.

• Love 2
On 2/19/2019 at 7:42 AM, HazelEyes4325 said:

It sounds like the life insurance, which was separate from Jon's business troubles but still could have been taken in them, was substantial.  So, Delilah has money--now.  However, there isn't that much money in the restaurant business, especially with a new restaurant that you co-own, so she's going to need someone to help her maintain her lifestyle soon.

Ashley took that money out of the bank and there as been no mention of her giving it to Delilah before she left. I think she was supposed to have used it all to buy time for the subway vote.

I think that entire storyline is done and the building sale took care of everything. Everything about the financial issues make zero sense in the real world. 

11 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

I'd actually do anything for Delilah to have lied to Eddie about this. I would honestly love this show if they changed courses like this, because this baby stuff actually sucks the life out of anything Eddie-related. It's not even an entertaining secret; it's just super depressing once it comes out and ruins any semblance of Eddie/Katherine fixing even a tiny smidge of their relationship. The worst part is knowing the secret's coming out (looking more like next season now) and it'll be smack dab in the middle of Eddie/Katherine mending at least part of their relationship. Just rip off the Band-Aid in the finale, show. Please, I'm actually begging to get that secret out in the open sooner rather than later.

You know the twist I would like to see?  The baby turns out not to be Eddie's...or Jon's.

Okay, that is a bit tongue-in-cheek, I admit.  My problem is that this baby plot is so fucking ridiculous that whatever happens will be contrived.  It also has sort of been just...there since it started.  Not, of course, that I want it front and center, but it just seems like a really, really, really stupid plot decision to make, but if you are going to make it, you should at least do something with it.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, HazelEyes4325 said:

You know the twist I would like to see?  The baby turns out not to be Eddie's...or Jon's.

Okay, that is a bit tongue-in-cheek, I admit.  My problem is that this baby plot is so fucking ridiculous that whatever happens will be contrived.  It also has sort of been just...there since it started.  Not, of course, that I want it front and center, but it just seems like a really, really, really stupid plot decision to make, but if you are going to make it, you should at least do something with it.

Now that would really be a soap opera, lol  There was the gardener that day I was feeling down...

As a teen, I can see Sophie would be thinking, "So Dad got distant, you got needy, didn't talk to him, you turned to my guitar instructor and dads best friend, got pregnant, dad dies, you lie about relationship and baby and now have a new hunk helping you clean out dad's college apartment. Okay, going to do my homework now. " 😛

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, nexxie said:

I can see a big problem coming if Andrew and Delilah couple up and he wants to be father to the baby - especially if he doesn’t have children already (can’t recall).

So Andrew will play daddy to Eddie’s baby that everyone else thinks is Jon’s? 

• LOL 5

I was rewatching earlier episodes and the Gary/Ashley hookup made me think, wouldn't it be interesting if Ashley returns .... pregnant with Gary’s kid...: just as Gary and Maggie decide to move in together. 

• Love 2
17 hours ago, iwasish said:

I was rewatching earlier episodes and the Gary/Ashley hookup made me think, wouldn't it be interesting if Ashley returns .... pregnant with Gary’s kid...: just as Gary and Maggie decide to move in together. 

Oh please no! That has been done in some many shows already, it's a cliche, it's so predictable.

17 hours ago, iwasish said:

Another cliche I hope it's avoided is not Andrew playing daddy - I find him freaky and untrustworthy - but the baby having some need for blood, or anything else that requires everyone being tested, finding out he is not Jon's and then, yes, the cliche of "he's is not the daddy!"

• Love 2

Does anyone think 9-11 will be part of this story in a roundabout way? I feel whatever happened to Jon was early in his life, before his career and after college. But the ticket he is holding in preview at airport and the one Delilah finds, seem the same. He met her there and I'm thinking he might have missed a plane that went down. Delilah would know abou that though. Sophie is 16, born in 2003 probably, they married I assume at least a year or two before that, so 2001 was right about then.

Can't shake that theory but again, that was a huge event and not something not to get mentioned and I can't tie the wine to it at all.

Nash also had the clock in Maggie's hospital room read 9:11

In a flashback someone noted, John had 9 on sports shirt, Sophie had 11.

One of Barbara's paintings were of the twin towers.

Edited by debraran
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, iwasish said:

Yeah, and Eddie won’t be so compliant then - he might lose his shit. Good drama.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 2/24/2019 at 4:39 PM, debraran said:

Does anyone think 9-11 will be part of this story in a roundabout way? I feel whatever happened to Jon was early in his life, before his career and after college. But the ticket he is holding in preview at airport and the one Delilah finds, seem the same. He met her there and I'm thinking he might have missed a plane that went down. Delilah would know abou that though. Sophie is 16, born in 2003 probably, they married I assume at least a year or two before that, so 2001 was right about then.

Can't shake that theory but again, that was a huge event and not something not to get mentioned and I can't tie the wine to it at all.

Nash also had the clock in Maggie's hospital room read 9:11

In a flashback someone noted, John had 9 on sports shirt, Sophie had 11.

One of Barbara's paintings were of the twin towers.

In the pictures I saw, it looks like he may have let someone take his place on a plane.  If it was one of the two planes that left Logan that morning on 9/11, oh my God.  I  don't know how you would live with that. 

https://www.screenspy.com/articles/a-million-little-things-1x17-goodbye-photos/nggallery/image/151349_3813_resized/#gallery

Edited by cardigirl
1 hour ago, cardigirl said:

In the pictures I saw, it looks like he may have let someone take his place on a plane.  If it was one of the two planes that left Logan that morning on 9/11, oh my God.  I  don't know how you would live with that. 

https://www.screenspy.com/articles/a-million-little-things-1x17-goodbye-photos/nggallery/image/151349_3813_resized/#gallery

There are other pics online of “emma” pregnant af airport  and I think she’s supposed to look younger ( but not really) Thet are ones of Jon back then too looking at a boarding pass but he’s alone . 

BB762501-982D-4E08-BCEA-2AF882068671.jpeg

E82CBD2C-FC2B-4584-9618-D6E507F0AA02.jpeg

Edited by debraran

So, my guess (if they are going this way, which...yawn)...Jon met Delilah and didn't get on the plane which was heading to the WTC.  Someone else got on the plane in his place (or, he was traveling with someone and they went on without him) and perished.  That person was married to the Drea de Matteo character, whoever she may be, which is how that all works.

And, let me add, that I've read at least 3 books with almost this exact plot.

• LOL 2
32 minutes ago, debraran said:

There are other pics online of “emma” pregnant af airport  and I think she’s supposed to look younger ( but not really) Thet are ones of Jon back then too looking at a boarding pass but he’s alone . 

BB762501-982D-4E08-BCEA-2AF882068671.jpeg

E82CBD2C-FC2B-4584-9618-D6E507F0AA02.jpeg

Judging by the American flag and cards in the corner of the second pic 9/11 seems likely. That looks like those memorials that people leave after a tragedy. 

25 minutes ago, HazelEyes4325 said:

So, my guess (if they are going this way, which...yawn)...Jon met Delilah and didn't get on the plane which was heading to the WTC.  Someone else got on the plane in his place (or, he was traveling with someone and they went on without him) and perished.  That person was married to the Drea de Matteo character, whoever she may be, which is how that all works.

And, let me add, that I've read at least 3 books with almost this exact plot.

I agree. I am starting to realize that there is not possible explanation that is going to work for me. This has been far too drawn out at this point. I am tired of Nash trying to be clever rather than trying to tell a compelling story. 

Edited by Guest

That’s true but knowing Nash he’ll throw in something else . Again I’m a broken record but tv or not , there are so many holes. There was no reason to hide this and I feel awful if he carried that weight secretly. Delilah really had to ask no questions at all about his past. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, debraran said:

That’s true but knowing Nash he’ll throw in something else . Again I’m a broken record but tv or not , there are so many holes. There was no reason to hide this and I feel awful if he carried that weight secretly. Delilah really had to ask no questions at all about his past. 

Argh!  This is my huge problem here.

I read...a lot.  Because of this, I have a really low tolerance for sloppy writing, continuity errors, or overly-contrived plots.  These things just don't happen in (non-self published) books.  Writers are carefully about this and, if something gets by them, there are editors to check it.  Books with these problems just aren't published.  Then, I watch TV and all I see are these problems that are nearly non-existent in even "bad" published books.

AMLT is not the worst, but it is bad.  To make it worse, it is bad in the first season.  If Nash can't come up with an original, cohesive plot in the first season, what is season 2 or 3 or whatever going to look like?

I agree...we will most likely see the same, tired 9/11 plot with some TWIST like Jon was a sperm donor for "Emma's" baby or some stupid crap like that. 

I honestly think this show would be much, much better had we not had this stupid "mystery."

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, cardigirl said:

I wonder if maybe Jon assumed a new identity after 9/11. 

That’s been bantered but why? He seemed rich , going to Harvard etc  I can’t suspend reality about that in 2001. It’s done but you’d have to take apathy to a new level . It’s obvious from pics he knew her beforehand . I’m sure it was a friend connection. I can’t believe he left her pregnant because Delilah appeared. Gag 🙂 

11 minutes ago, HazelEyes4325 said:

Argh!  This is my huge problem here.

I read...a lot.  Because of this, I have a really low tolerance for sloppy writing, continuity errors, or overly-contrived plots.  These things just don't happen in (non-self published) books.  Writers are carefully about this and, if something gets by them, there are editors to check it.  Books with these problems just aren't published.  Then, I watch TV and all I see are these problems that are nearly non-existent in even "bad" published books.

AMLT is not the worst, but it is bad.  To make it worse, it is bad in the first season.  If Nash can't come up with an original, cohesive plot in the first season, what is season 2 or 3 or whatever going to look like?

This show has been reminding me a badly written fan fiction for awhile. Things keep being thrown in with absolutely no attempt to make sure it’s makes any sense at all. 

I want to like it but I realize that if it is this big of a mess in the first season there is no hope it will get better going forward. I really don’t understand how any network lets something like this get on the air.

54 minutes ago, Dani said:

This show has been reminding me a badly written fan fiction for awhile. Things keep being thrown in with absolutely no attempt to make sure it’s makes any sense at all. 

I want to like it but I realize that if it is this big of a mess in the first season there is no hope it will get better going forward. I really don’t understand how any network lets something like this get on the air.

It is not written well but it could be. He has the talent. It's almost like he's on speed with twitter and other social media (glad I'm not on that) and going in overdrive with clues and pics and tweets.  He's like a little kid or has ADHD.  : )

Now there are pics of Jon in airport with a guy behind him and she has the same guy but in a different place and does that mean anything or did they pass each other or did they have a fight or ...........no matter what, it is bad fiction.

It's gotten so convoluted, nothing seems to make sense, maybe that's why Nash is sputtering about "you might never really know" What?? You dragged this out for a year and now you say answers might not be forthcoming?  Maybe he got buried under the clues.

I find it hard to believe it took 20 years to feel that guilty about something with no real signs before. Two years ago it hit him?  Sorry, there is just something very weird about his story and he put too many people and components in. Less is best.  Also if he realizes how disliked Delilah is by many, "Emma" isn't going to bring out the emotions very much either. She has that hard look that fit some of her other shows and her actions so far have been suspect. So far I just feel for Katherine and the kids.

It is not written well but it could be. He has the talent. It's almost like he's on speed with twitter and other social media (glad I'm not on that) and going in overdrive with clues and pics and tweets.  He's like a little kid or has ADHD.  : )

In other simple ways to improve this show...get Nash off social media.  If he spent half the time on the show that he spends "dropping hints," explaining things, etc, there would be a marked improvement.  And I get that shows needs to drum up some speculation to keep things interesting, but he's way beyond that point.  Also, other shows have a media-savvy intern do it.  I was going through IG and I saw a post from the show's official site and they were liking and replying to everyone "OMG this show changed my life" sort of post and I have never seen any show do that (I generally follow all the shows that I watch).  It's just...bizarre.

And, generally, I have a real pet peeve when showrunners feel they need to explain their shows. Years ago, Shonda Rhimes used to do this on her blog (thankfully, she stopped after a couple of years).  People are not stupid and if you need to explain your show to them, then you have a problem with your show.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, HazelEyes4325 said:

In other simple ways to improve this show...get Nash off social media.  If he spent half the time on the show that he spends "dropping hints," explaining things, etc, there would be a marked improvement.  And I get that shows needs to drum up some speculation to keep things interesting, but he's way beyond that point.  Also, other shows have a media-savvy intern do it.  I was going through IG and I saw a post from the show's official site and they were liking and replying to everyone "OMG this show changed my life" sort of post and I have never seen any show do that (I generally follow all the shows that I watch).  It's just...bizarre.

And, generally, I have a real pet peeve when showrunners feel they need to explain their shows. Years ago, Shonda Rhimes used to do this on her blog (thankfully, she stopped after a couple of years).  People are not stupid and if you need to explain your show to them, then you have a problem with your show.

What I find weird, is people congratulating him on his show on FB/Twitter about suicide and depression and the help it gives. What show are they watching or what have they watched or read before? Are they all 18?  What has this show done to educate and help others with suicide? What have they done to explore depression? What have they done to educate about meds? (other than impotence) They showed a woman who was going to let herself die before a man saved her?  Nash eats this up but now it is a roller coaster ride but not an educational show.

This is Us stopped the explaining a bit, not as bad as before. Their fans like the characters or they don't, they feel they know why someone did something or they don't but you can't manipulate that, we all approach things differently from past experiences.

• Love 1