Type keyword(s) to search

A Million Other Reasons: Speculation

• Start Topic

I still haven't watched the finale (I might tonight or at some point this weekend, it just wasn't a priority for me today), but I did want to address the baby secret.

I do think that Eddie does tell Katherine and I think there are 3 ways it might play out.

• I'll start with what I think (hope) is a longshot that is currently all over the chat on social media.  Because the baby is SO early (36 weeks is not that early--37 weeks is considered full term!), Delilah miscalculated the dates and Jon is the father.  There are sloppy details which could make this work, but let's face it...OB's can determine how far along a pregnancy is and if Delilah was off with her dates, it would have come up before now.  On that, I would say that this possibility is completely absurd and I would write it off except for the fact that this show is absurd and Nash is absurd and I can see him trying to do something stupid like this to get himself out of an unpopular corner.
  • Katherine backs away from reconciling with Eddie once he tells her the truth.  This one seems likely and, yet, too obvious for it to be likely.  Plus, one of the many problems Nash has had this season is integrating Grace Park's character, who is popular among viewers.  If it were to play out this way, there really wouldn't be any reason for Katherine and, more importantly, Grace Park to be on the show.
  • This third one is probably the one I'd put my money on: Katherine accepts the truth and reconciles with Eddie--and convinces Eddie that he shouldn't give up his paternity and slaps Delilah with a custody suit.  I'm not a fan of custody battles, so I'm not sure I would want to see this (to be fair, the baby turning out to be Jon's so that we can all just move on from here would actually be my preference), but I think it would be effective for Nash.  It wraps Katherine into the main group of friends and it would give the whole show one theme to sort of center on.  It would also create a lot of conflict between all the leads which, well, is "good television."

So, I guess we'll see in the fall.  I do hope that Nash gets his head out of his ass long enough to realize that his show isn't God's gift to audiences and that, while he has a good premise, he actually needs to DO BETTER with it!

• Love 3

Here’s a theory-Eddie tells Katherine about the baby. She is rightfully pissed and says We are Done for Good and files the divorce papers. Delilah has the baby. Something comes up and the baby is Jon’s-birthmark, blood type, whatever. Eddie has lost on both fronts. Drinking relapse?

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, chitowngirl said:

Here’s a theory-Eddie tells Katherine about the baby. She is rightfully pissed and says We are Done for Good and files the divorce papers. Delilah has the baby. Something comes up and the baby is Jon’s-birthmark, blood type, whatever. Eddie has lost on both fronts. Drinking relapse?

Possible.  Although I think Nash has forgotten that Eddie is an alcoholic (thoughts on this in the spoiler thread).

Re the custody battle, does anyone think D would want to parent 100% of the time. How many calls would be made anyway and is Sophie going to be the baby's surrogate mom? I saw that happen in a less affluent family. The gap was 13 years and she was given a lot of responsibility on top of school. She can hire someone but also will be damsel in distress.

I still can't see this plot work. D isn't motherly, seems selfish, (maybe why Nash said someone who'd surprise people would look into Jon's death) and only "I'm pregnant" if she doesn't want to do something, re with Sophie. The baby who is innocent is causing pain for her family, Eddie's and will rarely be shown. It's been said so often the last few weeks, but so soapy.  : (   

• Love 1
(edited)
9 hours ago, chitowngirl said:

If Jon didn’t  commit suicide....

He’d still have to deal with the financial issues. Most likely bankruptcy and public humiliation. 

For season two... 

I see issues aside from the baby for Eddie  and Katherine. How successful is Eddie going to be with his singing career? Will he be gone from home a lot? How will Katherine’s decision to be home for dinner with “her family” affect her career, and income. I know several couples who had second thoughts about divorcing because they seemed to be getting along better and the reconciliations were usually brief  as the same issues and incompatibilities soon surfaced. Only one couple is still married.... but it’s coming to an end soon.

Who will pay the tab for Maggie’s apartment now that Eddie is moving home? 

Edited by iwasish
4 hours ago, debraran said:

Re the custody battle, does anyone think D would want to parent 100% of the time. How many calls would be made anyway and is Sophie going to be the baby's surrogate mom? I saw that happen in a less affluent family. The gap was 13 years and she was given a lot of responsibility on top of school. She can hire someone but also will be damsel in distress.

Oh, you see the baby just won't exist unless he or she can be an accessory for Delilah.  You know, like her other two kids.

But, yeah, I can totally see Sophie stepping up as a second mother.  On one hand...hey, if that's what she wants to do more power to her.  But, if it feels like she *has* to mother this baby, just like she has to step up and be a mother to her own mother because Delilah refuses to be a mother, that's different.  Lizzie Greene is a strong young actress and while I'd like to see her get more airtime, I don't want it to be as a permanent babysitter.

• Love 3
On 3/6/2019 at 9:36 AM, HazelEyes4325 said:

Oh, you see the baby just won't exist unless he or she can be an accessory for Delilah.  You know, like her other two kids.

But, yeah, I can totally see Sophie stepping up as a second mother.  On one hand...hey, if that's what she wants to do more power to her.  But, if it feels like she *has* to mother this baby, just like she has to step up and be a mother to her own mother because Delilah refuses to be a mother, that's different.  Lizzie Greene is a strong young actress and while I'd like to see her get more airtime, I don't want it to be as a permanent babysitter.

Yea, I can't fathom how that whole dynamic will pan out. And sadly I'm not interested in who the father is except there is a part of me that wants it to be Jon's because I don't like D and want Eddie elsewhere.

I feel like the show is a million puzzle pieces all scattered on the floor and although a nice puzzle, many of the pieces don't fit.  Many years ago, my English teacher taught us to take the time to make outlines, it helps you with your thought process and helps you write your essay.  I feel Nash had some good ideas, never made the outline and just winged it from the first couple of shows.

As pointed out here, Eddie's back story disappeared and Jon's suicide was barely a thought for most of his friends. Did Rome tell them he had a mouthful of pills and when did his temporary impotence take the stage over his health? Why is Ds baby overshadowing all the other stories?  Nash spent so many empty hours having Barbara peek at family and stupid visits to her home (just google who lives there Gary!)  and fillers, I felt a let down at the end. I feel the 911 was later in the year add-in and Nash babbles about how he incorporated in etc. I'm not debating the choice but it all didn't flow. Rutledge, finances, the lack of any mention of lawyers, wills and trusts.  Jon makes a video to say something when a note would have been fine, but not as dramatic. And why tell Barb about D? Such a plot device to have Delilah watch it, but then he kills himself so it wasn't enough, I tried Barbara.  IDK, I hope season 2 isn't as disjointed or they will lose fans.  He said another mystery was started this season and will play out next but I can't think of anything I'd want to see that is such a mystery now. Maybe I missed something.

16 hours ago, debraran said:

Yea, I can't fathom how that whole dynamic will pan out. And sadly I'm not interested in who the father is except there is a part of me that wants it to be Jon's because I don't like D and want Eddie elsewhere.

I feel like the show is a million puzzle pieces all scattered on the floor and although a nice puzzle, many of the pieces don't fit.  Many years ago, my English teacher taught us to take the time to make outlines, it helps you with your thought process and helps you write your essay.  I feel Nash had some good ideas, never made the outline and just winged it from the first couple of shows.

As pointed out here, Eddie's back story disappeared and Jon's suicide was barely a thought for most of his friends. Did Rome tell them he had a mouthful of pills and when did his temporary impotence take the stage over his health? Why is Ds baby overshadowing all the other stories?  Nash spent so many empty hours having Barbara peek at family and stupid visits to her home (just google who lives there Gary!)  and fillers, I felt a let down at the end. I feel the 911 was later in the year add-in and Nash babbles about how he incorporated in etc. I'm not debating the choice but it all didn't flow. Rutledge, finances, the lack of any mention of lawyers, wills and trusts.  Jon makes a video to say something when a note would have been fine, but not as dramatic. And why tell Barb about D? Such a plot device to have Delilah watch it, but then he kills himself so it wasn't enough, I tried Barbara.  IDK, I hope season 2 isn't as disjointed or they will lose fans.  He said another mystery was started this season and will play out next but I can't think of anything I'd want to see that is such a mystery now. Maybe I missed something.  I almost feel hearing so many good ideas on these forums he just can't shine as brightly. 😉

• Love 1

I'm going to speculate that in light of the revelation in the In The Media section's post that the Delilah actress was invited to come back to the show:

Delilah returns from France with little Charlie, upon the news that her dear old father passed away while she was there with him.  (Danny is already back in Boston.)

Because Eddie just said goodbye to Anna who moved away to be with her sister, he is available again.  Eddie and Delilah get back together because he realizes how much he misses his baby daughter and they rekindle their passion and love, as a long time has passed and Katherine is gay now and split from Eddie.

12 hours ago, CrystalBlue said:

I'm going to speculate that in light of the revelation in the In The Media section's post that the Delilah actress was invited to come back to the show:

Delilah returns from France with little Charlie, upon the news that her dear old father passed away while she was there with him.  (Danny is already back in Boston.)

Because Eddie just said goodbye to Anna who moved away to be with her sister, he is available again.  Eddie and Delilah get back together because he realizes how much he misses his baby daughter and they rekindle their passion and love, as a long time has passed and Katherine is gay now and split from Eddie.

ugh... i hope not.  i like Eddie but Delilah is just not anyone I could ever like

• Like 1

New Speculation for the final episode (since the one I posted upthread is now outdated): Kathryn and Greta’s wedding-Theo stands up for Greta and Eddie stands up for Katherine (because she has no other friends. Unless her assistant stands up with her. I would totally get behind that! In that case, I could see Eddie standing up for Greta). Delilah and Charlie show up. Katherine is happy to see the woman who helped break up her marriage because if that hadn’t happened, she wouldn’t have found Greta.