Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
AntiBeeSpray

Perry Mason

Hallmark Movies and Mysteries isn't showing Perry Mason today. They're showing some lame murder mystery instead. Hard pass.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, AntiBeeSpray said:

Hallmark Movies and Mysteries isn't showing Perry Mason today. They're showing some lame murder mystery instead. Hard pass.

I think I saw a promo last week, that they'll be airing the movies every Wednesday?

8 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I think I saw a promo last week, that they'll be airing the movies every Wednesday?

I thought it was all week. And going by the Directv guide, it thought so too. Mentioned the movie, instead of what actually aired. Very confusing.

3 hours ago, AntiBeeSpray said:

The Case of the Silenced Singer was on at 2pm (central). Movies on at the same time all week.

Tuesday - Case of the Defiant Daughter

Wednesday - Case of the Ruthless Reporter

Thursday - Case of the Maligned Mobster

Friday - Case of the Glass Coffin

Yesterday was weird. They had the PM movie airing from 2-4 and Mystery 101 from 4-6, but when I went to record the PM movie the DVR set the recording from 2-6, so it would have recorded both if I hadn't stopped it. Maybe that is what confused you, @AntiBeeSpray?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Yesterday was weird. They had the PM movie airing from 2-4 and Mystery 101 from 4-6, but when I went to record the PM movie the DVR set the recording from 2-6, so it would have recorded both if I hadn't stopped it. Maybe that is what confused you, @AntiBeeSpray?

That's just weird. The way Comcast/Xfinity's dvrs are set up, it doesn't matter what time the movies air--as long as I tell it to record the movies (new/repeats), it will record them. The only time it won't record it, is if say, Perry Mason Returns airs at 2:00 pm and 6:00 pm. It will record the 2:00 but not the 6:00, because it already recorded it earlier. If more than two weeks have gone by, then it will record it again. Or if it's airing on two different channels, it will record both.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Maybe that was it. They just had it listed from 2-7 for some reason. Very odd.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, AntiBeeSpray said:

Maybe that was it. They just had it listed from 2-7 for some reason. Very odd.

Whatever it was it seems to be fixed for all the other days' recordings. 

• Like 1

On 2/18/2017 at 7:18 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

Ugh. I really really didn't like the character of Amy, played by Alexandra Paul. Such a ditz. And I was yelling "No she ISN'T!" When the writers had Perry tell Ken that Amy was his "Della." First of all, Della has common sense and isn't an idiot. I'm glad we only had to suffer her for three movies, I think. Or maybe it was two.

Boo! to no throwaway line about why Paul was no longer their investigator.  And Barbara Hale had said that the reason why was that William Katt had a new show, but after checking on imdb, it either wasn't picked up, or cancelled after a few episodes. So why not bring him back? It's not as if these movies were a weekly series? I think there were two or three movies a year. I really wish they'd brought him back. And I know I'm the minority in this.

And along with the loss of Paul, we also lost David Ogden Stiers as ADA Reston, and got the revolving doors of different ADAs prosecuting.

I am watching the Perry Mason TV movies in order and just got around to the first one with law student Ken, The Case of the Lethal Lesson. Yeah, I was wondering what happened to Paul and why there wasn't any dialogue why he wasn't their investigator anymore. Maybe he stayed in Boston to be with the granddaughter of Della's friend that he met at the end of The Lady In The Lake! LOL.

As for Amy - I'll just say that I understand why Alexandra Paul made it to Lifetime movies after this. Her Amy was just on the side of creepy with her semi-stalking of Ken.

Of course, Amy/Ken did have that last scene where she drove around the block three times waiting for him to catch her, which led to the Perry/Della scene and the "As always, I'll get you the first time around" line so there was that 🙂

• Like 2

6 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Heads up! Today’s Ironside on Cozi, episode 8 reunites Raymond and Barbara!!! 

My DVR incorrectly lists it as Season 5, episode *7*, "Murder Impromptu". I only mention in case someone else also has it listed incorrectly. The episode title is correct. It's the 2nd episode tonight.

Edited by Schnickelfritz
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Schnickelfritz said:

My DVR incorrectly lists it as Season 5, episode *7*, "Murder Impromptu". I only mention in case someone else also has it listed incorrectly. The episode title is correct. It's the 2nd episode tonight.

It’s possible IMDB has it incorrect? Sometimes when a pilot is two hours, the station airing it will split it in two episodes...but the math doesn’t work, either by that logic. Huh. I was going by IMBD’s information.

15 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

It’s possible IMDB has it incorrect? Sometimes when a pilot is two hours, the station airing it will split it in two episodes...but the math doesn’t work, either by that logic. Huh. I was going by IMBD’s information.

Good question! Between the 2 of us, we managed to get the info out in all of its variations.  (I think)

Just looking forward to seeing the episode. Thanks for the heads up!!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Thanks!! Has anyone seen this episode before? Did they have a one-on-one scene?

No. I never knew she guest starred until I looked at Barbara’s IMDB profile after she passed.

I can’t imagine them NOT having any scenes together considering their life long friendship.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Nice! Gotta see if there's any way to view it on Pluto TV.

SQUEEEEE!!!!!! Opening scene Barbara and Raymond are sitting together at a table! They are old friends! Of course the murder is about to happen, but FIRST SCENE!!!!

I just started watching and they look fabulous together!🥰🥰🥰

• Like 4