Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E04: No Wrist, No Reward

thewhiteowl
  • Start Topic

Did the judges not see how wobbly and... inconsistent the lines in Kyle's wrist rose were? He should've been in the as well. Austin needed to go though since he was in the bottom every damn week so far. They need to start booting people based on terrible report card.

Cleen needed a cut of shut up juice when he was talking "Oba, you were at risk of a heart attack? Try being a coach!"

• Love 5

I would've taken Jamie's jacked up dragon any day over that fugly seahorse.  Stacie had an opportunity to make a feminine design with gorgeous colors and she failed miserably. That blob of octopus was really bad too.  But I agreed with the best tattoo of the day--that design was really cool.

• Love 4
43 minutes ago, SuburbanHangSuite said:

That blob of octopus was really bad too.

Do you think it was fixable by adding some outlining/shading? I tend to be more forgiving of faults that can be easily remedied with a little time and care.

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, 2727 said:

Do you think it was fixable by adding some outlining/shading? I tend to be more forgiving of faults that can be easily remedied with a little time and care.

Good point.  It was just so much orange without any definition but adding some outlining and shading will probably do wonders.  But Stacie's looked like a badly colored kid's coloring book.

• Love 6

Sad that a competitor had to leave for health reasons.  I think Oba could have lasted at least a few more rounds.  Especially given some of those wrist tattoos.   I honestly didn't think the dragon was that bad.  Given how the body was compressed to fit the space the odd hanging talons didn't jump out at you.  

What I did disagree with was the Cleen/Christian decision at the beginning.   Sometimes I just don't get when the judges go on about a sticker tattoo.  Both new skool designs were well executed.  What made one more "sticker" quality than the other?

• Love 2
On 9/18/2018 at 8:04 PM, MuMuGuy said:

Did the judges not see how wobbly and... inconsistent the lines in Kyle's wrist rose were? He should've been in the as well.

I thought the lilies were great - aside from those flowers and the elephants, I didn't really care for any of the tattoos, but a lot of the technical stuff goes over my head. The octopus looked like a boiled lobster if you didn't look closely, but I can see how it might be improved with some additional contrast. 

• Love 2
23 hours ago, CaptainCranky said:

Well that's 40 minutes of my life I won't get back. The grudge match format sucks. This is a pitiful group of artists or at least the grudge match format has not shown anyone in the group that is worthy of the title.

That's one of the points I've been making--this season isn't about crowning a new (and worthy) inkmaster. This season is an excuse to trot Cleen and Christian around one more time and finally give one of them the crown the producers so clearly believe they deserve. You don't need a field of new high-quality artists when the whole season is based on two vets. This is all just an amusing sideshow until Paramount can drop confetti on Cleen and declare him king of tattooing. 

• Love 4

I agree with people on the basics of this year... I've always found Christian especially and even Cleen at times (immaturity and bravado) off-putting and they've kind of put together a whole batch of people that are hard to cheer. Lots of 'rough edges' there personality-wise and as far as skills go.

You think we just looove us some Christian v Cleem so the whole season is wrapped abound them, the problem is they are both personalities best taken in small bunches not "highlighting" a season. I was thinking that after not missing an episode since day one, I may just have to bow out of this one. No real redeeming factors it seems.

The question in my mind is "who do I want to see more of?" and the answer sure as heel ain't our 'coaches' and I don't see a blooming talent either.

And as a side note, I walk into a shop I'm not going to trust the guy wearing the marijuana shirt...

Edited by Wandering Snark
  • Love 4

I'm fairly ok with Cleen, but I have a hard time enjoying watching Christian.  I wish we could just have a great group of tattooers and forget about grudge matches and captains of the team egos.  As long as EJay never comes back again, I'm fairly happy.

• Love 4
On 9/20/2018 at 11:59 PM, Wandering Snark said:

You think we just looove us some Christian v Cleem so the whole season is wrapped abound them, the problem is they are both personalities best taken in small bunches not "highlighting" a season. I was thinking that after not missing an episode since day one, I may just have to bow out of this one. No real redeeming factors it seems.

I can tolerate Christian, but I despise Cleen.  I'd like to see something wipe the smirk off his face.  They seem to be so biased toward him, - I think they should just blow him, give him the win and get him the fuck off my TV screen.

I'm not a fan of tattoos, but I am a fan of artistry and skill and this show seems to put that farther into the background with each season  It seems secondary to the manufactured and exaggerated drama.

• Love 3

I think the judges have lost it. Wtf. I mean how could that seahorse turn out so crappy? The dragon looked good, only an extremely tiny fragment of the population would notice some anatomical inconsistencies with it (due to it being an obscure fantasy animal on a wrist) while most over the age of 6 could actually do a better tattoo than the lady who made the sea-horse.

• Love 1