Type keyword(s) to search

S20.E34: Power of Veto #11

Lamb18
  • Start Topic

15 hours ago, PaperTree said:

He must hit some demographic $ bell for production.  Or something.

I think JC was brought on to be the "reality show villain" for this season and to have more than one LGBTQ contestant (to keep Kaycee from being the "token").

14 hours ago, Lamima said:

No way did Kaycee do that comp in 2 mins. She studied the comics for a long time and then got one wrong and had to go through again. Just don't buy it.

They took away the usual zip line so that HG's with a photographic memory, like Sam, wouldn't have an advantage over someone with just a very good memory, like Kaycee, and added an obstacle course to favor football players, again like Kaycee.

1 hour ago, Tachi Rocinante said:

Were they told to only pay attention  to the evicted houseguest comics?

Either Kaycee listened to the instructions or took a chance on ignoring the others.

One thing I was wondering about: when, exactly, did the timer for the comp start?  

It would make a HUGE difference in the comp’s run times if the clock started when the HG first went through the turnstile to the course, for example, versus starting when the first comic pics started showing on the displays.  The first-turnstile-pass option would also mean a HG would be best served by taking as much advantage as possible of the resultant “free time”with the comics prior to their first course run - which, if I’m not mistaken, is exactly what Kaycee said she did.

i throw this out there because - given the course’s built-in interspersed delays of the “helicopter hang”, walking the rolling beam, and crawling out of the trash pile - a single run through the course from turnstile to buzzer is the ONLY way I could see a 2:17 time being remotely feasible.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, The Companion said:

Yeah, I couldn't help but feel bad for [JC]. It was hard to watch. I may not like him, but not having a family that roots for you against the world hurts. 

I halfway wonder if maybe Production did get footage from JC’s family, but the result was unusable.

I cracked up a bit when the Twinston broke. This show really is run by unpaid interns on a budget of $20, y'all. 

No shit!  <cackle>

It did strike me how few background pieces they have done this year. I didn't feel like I had seen the family members as much as one generally would have at this point. Am I just blocking those segments? Are they just less annoying? 

Not so many, and relatively abbreviated - but hey, ya gotta leave plenty of slot time for those oh-so-entertaining clips of JC butchering the English language, right?  Right?  :P

(P. S.: I don’t fault JC for this; English is a second language for him.  I blame Production for pretending this is funny.)

• Love 2
2 hours ago, LoneHaranguer said:

I think JC was brought on to be the "reality show villain" for this season and to have more than one LGBTQ contestant (to keep Kaycee from being the "token").

They took away the usual zip line so that HG's with a photographic memory, like Sam, wouldn't have an advantage over someone with just a very good memory, like Kaycee, and added an obstacle course to favor football players, again like Kaycee.

When did Sam ever have a photographic memory?

Also it seems JC was brought in to fill up the "funny segment" of each and every stupid episode.  There really is nothing remotely funny about him either.  But production is trying to hide all his crap behind the "cute, little guy" motif.  They started it on episode one and have never changed his edit once all season long no matter what else he was really doing.  Really really sick edit. 

Edited by green
  • Love 2

Isn't it always the case that the "Hayleighs" of the world act all in charge and ain't fraid of nuttin, until their showmance gets the boot and now they just wallow the whoa is me card -  I think Bretts sisters are a hoot and calling him out on his stink, I mean he must sweat like a whore in church- you clearly see the pit stains.  I am really starting to dislike Big Brother, it is just getting too predictable, I really miss the BB of yesteryear with the likes of Remy  

• Love 1

That was an awful and boring show ! During the veto comp, I kept switching over the Big Bang rerun on TBS-- I do not need to hear commentary by the players that keeps going and makes the game last 3 times as long as it should. And then the (non) drama of the part where we see if they will/will not use the veto-- please ! It's just dumb, given who won.

I was hoping Haleigh would win just to shake things up some, but after that terribly poor performance in the comp, I can't feel too sorry for her, If it had been closer, yes.

Hayleigh's mom was kind of hot, though.

Edited by willco
spelling
43 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

I think JC is being protected, partly through (for him) dumb luck..

More like through Production’s dumbass edit; they’re invested in JC now - and rather than cut JC loose, TPTB have decided to be even MORE dumbass and double down on the fucking troll.

Given the Moonves situation, does Julie really want to discuss all of the horrible crap JC has been involved in?  Wouldn't people start asking why would she talk about JC, and not about her husband's situation?

Well... for starters, Moonves has never been a HG.  ;)

Edited by Nashville
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, Wandering Snark said:

The 'taking time at the beginning' was obviously a ruse (a cunning attempt to trick us) 

Wandering Snark I just had to take a second to compliment you on your 20+ year old movie quote from Clerks! Randall was a genius, and I, too, quote him on the reg (along with "37!?! 37!?!") Tip o' the hat to you, friend! 

Topic? This was monumentally boring. It's weird how at the point the show should be the most interesting, it becomes the most predictable. We should be on tenterhooks, here, and instead we can see every move coming. 

Also, poor Julie. 

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, xtwheeler said:

Wandering Snark I just had to take a second to compliment you on your 20+ year old movie quote from Clerks! Randall was a genius, and I, too, quote him on the reg (along with "37!?! 37!?!") Tip o' the hat to you, friend! 

The best response ever: “In a row?”

• Love 2
1 hour ago, icemiser69 said:

That seems odd.  Angela is the one with the twirlable mustache.  I thought she for sure was brought on to be the villain.

I think JC is being protected, partly through (for him) dumb luck..

Given the Moonves situation, does Julie really want to discuss all of the horrible crap JC has been involved in?  Wouldn't people start asking why would she talk about JC, and not about her husband's situation?

Angela was ignored for the first part of the season, Brett was probably meant to be some kind of douche with his scripted-like speeches.

JC is definitely the comedy act, much as James was a while back.

Edited by amazingracefan
9 hours ago, green said:

And please please get that boo-hooing Hay out of the House this week.  I've had it with her months ago with her endless diary room pity parties.

Amen!  She's done nothing that entitles her to stay.  She's way too one-note for me.  It's tiresome.

7 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

Her competitive nature is going to cost her the game. 

(Re Kaycee):  That's what I would be thinking if I were in her shoes.   She's definitely a contender to win, and if I was in the house, I'd be working hard to have her voted out.   She should dial it back so she doesn't look like so much of a threat.  Being so gleeful that she won three comps in a row is likely not good strategy.

• Love 1

I'll be happy to say Adios to Sam!  What a disappointment she has been with her whiny voice and her big shot HOH attitude and now she really KNOWS they are going to save her and then Tyler in a romance is going to take her to the end.   And she's going to tear up the house if they vote her out.   Really girlfriend?

• Love 1
2 hours ago, green said:

When did Sam ever have a photographic memory?

There were a surprising number of HG's that claimed to have a photographic/eidetic memory at the start of the season (she calls it a "steel-trap memory in her bio). I vaguely recall an early comp that led some credence to the claim, but left room for it to be an exaggeration. I don't know if any of the others are still in the house. Either way, the producers had to allow for the possibility.

3 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

That seems odd.  Angela is the one with the twirlable mustache.  I thought she for sure was brought on to be the villain.

I stand corrected. They would have brought on more than one villain since they couldn't know how the season would go. JC is just the one that's been getting the special editing.