Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E03: Right On Target

thewhiteowl
  • Start Topic

I was not on the same page as the judges tonight. I immediately saw skull on the wildflower skull, but didn't see it on the seashell one (at least not a human skull...maybe Creature from the Black Lagoon skull..). I did not see elephant in JP's tattoo, couldn't figure out what it was until they said elephant.  And I did see tree in the eliminated tattoo - not a tree of life, but a tree trunk/branches. I"m fine with the elimination, because I don't love any of these people yet...or know most of their names.

If Dave has a stylist, (s)he should be flogged in the town square. If he doesn't, he should get one pronto. I want my sexy Dave back.

Edited by cherbitrary
  • Love 7

Dominos...they actually made them do a challenge out of dominos LMAO

Anything Christian says the remainder of the season about strategy is null and void after he let one of his own team members do the snake made out of eyes. The judges don't even like it when you do snakes made out of scales.

Would've like to see the musical lion tattoo win. A flower made out of gems is infinitely easier by comparison. Pretty sure any artsy kid of the planet could make that design. 

• Love 7
27 minutes ago, Inkmaster0345 said:

Anything Christian says the remainder of the season about strategy is null and void after he let one of his own team members do the snake made out of eyes. The judges don't even like it when you do snakes made out of scales.

Would've like to see the musical lion tattoo win. A flower made out of gems is infinitely easier by comparison. Pretty sure any artsy kid of the planet could make that design. 

Yes - I think that musical lion would have been my winner, too.  Once again Dave and I are on the same page.  Very creative.

I said last week I didn't think doing the skull picks was that much of advantage.  Wow, did Christian and team prove that.  Loved the comment someone on Cleen's team made - something like "Do they know there are names on the skulls?" as if they just randomly handed them out.  And I knew ribs would get moved to something easy.  Didn't even seem like the canvas fought it at all.

• Love 1

Why was a tiger immediately the subject matter for both teams in the Flash Challenge?

When girlfriend asked her canvas if she was ready to win Tattoo of the Day, I knew she was in trouble.

That Oba tat was terrible.  Just terrible.  I can't believe he escaped elimination.  I also agree that the lion tattoo was the most impressive.

• Love 6
19 hours ago, cherbitrary said:

Yes - I think that musical lion would have been my winner, too.  Once again Dave and I are on the same page.  Very creative.

I actually liked Austin's tattoo, I think it was a lady made out of birds.  I thought the musical lion was very good but a little hard to read.

19 hours ago, cherbitrary said:

I said last week I didn't think doing the skull picks was that much of advantage.  Wow, did Christian and team prove that.  Loved the comment someone on Cleen's team made - something like "Do they know there are names on the skulls?" as if they just randomly handed them out.  And I knew ribs would get moved to something easy.  Didn't even seem like the canvas fought it at all.

I think it is a massive advantage, I think the 2 people who have gone home are mostly due to skull picks.  2 strong tattooers gone because they were given tough tattoo's while weak people get their pick of what they want to do and still end up in the bottom.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, dstann said:

I think it is a massive advantage, I think the 2 people who have gone home are mostly due to skull picks.  2 strong tattooers gone because they were given tough tattoo's while weak people get their pick of what they want to do and still end up in the bottom.

My general thought is that the top competitors will navigate pretty much any tattoo and that the bad competitors will screw up just about anything regardless. The skull picks are massively important for the middle tier, IMO. 

• Love 3
On 9/12/2018 at 7:40 AM, cherbitrary said:

But you can't hit everyone successfully every week. Same thing happens on MasterChef and the commentary by Gordon Ramsey just comes across as dumb: a cheftestant will get to assign 12 dishes and try to make it hard on everyone. Naturally, 11 of those 12 don't get eliminated, and Gordon stirs up shit with "Well, you FAILED! at trying to get him out, now didn't you?!" for the 11 that survive the challenge. 

I mean, not every skull pick can result in elimination. It seems like they figured there were two really good opportunities to hit two specific people and made those moves. The rest, including giving easy jobs to some of Cleen's crew, could have been smart to do strategically--it maybe made sure that the two they did want on the bottom really stood out as bad. If they gave everyone on Cleen's team a tough time, yeah, one of those 10 is going home, but who knows who? But if 8 do a medium-to-good job and 2 absolutely tank it, that is a more direct strategic play.

• Love 2
54 minutes ago, Biosynth said:

I just looked it up and apparently Dave was suicidal earlier this year. My guess is that he lost a lot of weight struggling with that. I hope he feels better soon.

Thanks for the info. All good wishes to Dave. I'm not sure I'd watch if he wasn't there.

• Love 6

Didn't think that girl's tat was the worst.

Bummer to read that Dave struggles with addiction/depression. It was a shock to see him without his hat. Really hate his and Nunez's shaved hair. I know it's trendy... but maybe not for 45/50 year olds. 

Having  teams makes the Flash Challenges almost unbearable. At least when it was individuals there was a bunch of different pieces to look at. Now it's just a lot of bluster and 2 pieces of art. And what in the fucking hell were the judges wearing during the Flash Challenge judging. It's not like they were repelling down the scaffolding!  

• Love 4

There are some really weak tattoo artist this year. The brothers I like but the rest are so far weak.

And this challenge sucks. It sucks the life right out of the show IMHO.

The faux adversarial atmosphere the producers want sucks.

Sorry the blond went home.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, TVbitch said:

And what in the fucking hell were the judges wearing during the Flash Challenge judging. It's not like they were repelling down the scaffolding!  

Thanks for reminding me! Rigging up safety harnesses to stand on a scissor lift was a bit OTT, but the guys deciding to keep wearing them during judging was high comedy.

• Love 3
52 minutes ago, 2727 said:

Thanks for reminding me! Rigging up safety harnesses to stand on a scissor lift was a bit OTT, but the guys deciding to keep wearing them during judging was high comedy.

When Cleen and Christian were up there they were not wearing that shit. I guess the show doesn't care if they fall off. High comedy indeed!

• Love 2
8 hours ago, TVbitch said:

When Cleen and Christian were up there they were not wearing that shit. I guess the show doesn't care if they fall off. High comedy indeed!

Probably the only way we’ll ever be free of Cleen. 

• Love 2
On 9/13/2018 at 8:26 AM, SuburbanHangSuite said:

Why was a tiger immediately the subject matter for both teams in the Flash Challenge?

They didn't get that many colors of dominoes.  They probably saw the orange and thought a tiger.

• Love 1
17 hours ago, Biosynth said:

I just looked it up and apparently Dave was suicidal earlier this year.  My guess is that he lost a lot of weight struggling with that.  I hope he feels better soon.

Well now I feel bad for saying he looks bad. I still love you, Dave.  As 2727 said, I'm not sure I'd still be watching without him. He brings far more to the table than looks. My brother struggles a lot with depression and I know it can take its toll.

• Love 7