Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E09: The Battle Of Two Courtneys

• Start Topic

Teams head south to Mexico City and things get a little dramatic as a challenge has teams acting out.

The pico de gallo side of the detour seemed to take much longer than the face painting.

Still don't hate anyone yet. I was surprised that Nancy and Mellisa wound up so far back - there must have been trouble with their cab. It was a serious footrace to the mat.

• Love 2

Showing why it's more fun getting the race out of Canada than staying there most of the race, none of them had probably seen that sport before unlike the darts in a previous leg.  Ultimately depending a bit too much on taxi luck, why can't they use public transport in cities on the race instead?  The best task was the acting one, though it seemed more about remembering the words roughly right as I didn't think Phil put as much effort into the melodrama as some.

• Love 2

Nancy and Mel was 2nd after they did the Mercado task, the Mercado drained so much of their energy to run towards the mat plus cab problems. 

If they did the painting, the couple might have been eliminated. I hope they get eliminated next.

• Love 1

I have to admit I am getting bored with the challenges. I am surprised that Nancy and Mel chose the shopping challenge at the market as it is a common challenge on this show, and it is always a stressful one. And boring, at least for me as a viewer. As was the acting challenge. 

I really can't say I have enjoyed this season, though I do like all the teams for the most part. I hope the engaged couple are eliminated next week though. 

• Love 1

I have also found the challenges very boring this year.  The dancing, magic, and acting were all very similar in that the team had to learn a routine and we saw each team practice the same routine over and over again until they got it right.  I wonder if they made the challenges easier this year because in past years, so many teams have taken penalties?  Although the whole season seems rather like they just didn't care.  Only two international legs and those were just two random ones in the middle of Canadian destinations.  It feels like whoever organized it threw things together to get it done, but didn't worry about making an interesting show.  You can't just slap the word "hero" on something and make it exciting.

• Love 2

I am shocked to find how invested I am in Phil and Martina doing well.  I know they probably can't win,  but I'm always so happy for them when they do well, and I hope they at least get to the final.  I didn't think they would be my favorite team, but here they are.  

Although, if I ever go on The Race I think I would want Taylor as my partner.  He seems darn near perfect.

I am also gobsmacked that not one team had a single person who could speak simple Spanish.  

• Love 3
17 hours ago, Fretful said:

I am also gobsmacked that not one team had a single person who could speak simple Spanish.  

If this was the US edition, then I would also be shocked.  However, in Canada, second language education is in French, so to learn Spanish would mean making the effort to learn a third language, which very few people are typically up for.

• Love 4

I also think the challenges in previous years were so much better. Come on, these are HEROES, give them some epic challenges. Not one person even had to try again with the face painting and some of it looked quite sloppy. 

Taylor is a total sweet heart, but I don't care for his Courtney and want them out of the way so a sibling team can win. Although, this episode the edit gave me the feeling they were really wanting us to like the boys, so maybe they pull an upset. 

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

Taylor is a total sweet heart, but I don't care for his Courtney and want them out of the way so a sibling team can win.

Taylor and Courtney ARE a sibling team (RCMP). Do you mean Adam and Courtney (First responders)?

• Love 1

I enjoyed the episode; the challenges might have been weaker, but the Telenovella was fun, just seeing them overact in a foreign language. :) The face painting was fairly lose in judging though all the basic details did seem to need to be there. I'd probably have taken the shopping task anyway. 

The sports task was interesting, seeing the variant on it. I'm loving Martina's attitude in general to everything. She has a strong joie de vivre that killer fatigue isn't denting. I suspect that they finished the Telenovella mainly on her acting skills. :) Hell the director might have wanted to hire her at the end. :P

Next week they're off to my city, Fredericton. Considering it is Heroes edition (and Bell is sponsering a "Fredericton Strong" concert in October) I'm sure they'll mention the recent shooting here. Seems like TAR:CAN is cursed in that one of their cities will have a major incident within the airing of the season. (Back in 2014, TAR:CAN visited Moncton and the RCMP shootings happened that year as well.). 

• Love 1