Type keyword(s) to search

Mayans MC - General Discussion

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

Was that the DEA agent that cut the guy's throat?  If not, who was she? And who was he?  Sorry, but once again I am getting lost in all the subplots.

That was Adelita. She's been on the show since season 1. She and Angel have a baby, that was the two of them in the scene in bed when she was talking about her father taking her to the beach. Not sure who the guy was that she killed, I can't remember if we've seen him before.

Do I care about EZ's girlfriend and her drama? 

• Like 4

You know, if you're going to bury someone, even if it's out in the semi-desert, it's probably not a good idea to leave a mound of dirt in the shape of a grave on top of that grave.  Kind of attracts attention.

Why are they wasting time with Sofia dead daughter drama?  We have only four episodes after this and I want to know what happens to the main characters.

Also, nothing about Letty and Hope's lives in peril at the hands of Meth Mountain Manson.

I hope Adelita gets killed, not her new target!!

Well, I guess it may be an unpopular opinion, but I am loving this season....it is so absolutely en pointe in terms of the writing of the principal characters and their logical development at this stage (Miguel gets increasingly lighter as Ezekiel gets increasingly dark). Angel and his son are beyond lovable but Angel is so out of his league with Adelita and they seem all so doomed its making my heart hurt in advance.

• Like 1

Whoa, what a body count.  EZ is definitely going for his Corleone merit badge.  And we have a new Adelita, while Angel gets to learn the ins and outs of single parenthood.  I kind of liked how all the women in the counting room immediately looked down and averted their eyes during the robbery.  "Not my circus, not my ponies." 

• Like 2
On 6/28/2023 at 1:54 AM, isalicat said:

Well, I guess it may be an unpopular opinion, but I am loving this season....it is so absolutely en pointe in terms of the writing of the principal characters and their logical development at this stage (Miguel gets increasingly lighter as Ezekiel gets increasingly dark). Angel and his son are beyond lovable but Angel is so out of his league with Adelita and they seem all so doomed its making my heart hurt in advance.

Development? EZ started the series as the smart one who could outthink all the limited brutes. Now he is a limited brute,  overconfident in his “plans.” Angel is more a dad than an MC member. Adelita turned her back on motherhood to mount the least effective insurrection ever.  Miguel remains his manipulative self (despite his “reframing” comments). Emily is as lost as ever. Mayans is like SOA in that, in the end, the MC life offers no way out but early death or jail (or both). Jax didn’t get out. Seems unlikely EZ will. So what’s the development? Seems like more of the same.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Ottis said:

Development? EZ started the series as the smart one who could outthink all the limited brutes. Now he is a limited brute,  overconfident in his “plans.” Angel is more a dad than an MC member. Adelita turned her back on motherhood to mount the least effective insurrection ever.  Miguel remains his manipulative self (despite his “reframing” comments). Emily is as lost as ever. Mayans is like SOA in that, in the end, the MC life offers no way out but early death or jail (or both). Jax didn’t get out. Seems unlikely EZ will. So what’s the development? Seems like more of the same.

I did not use the word "development" in any sort of positive or commending way, more as a logical way that the characters are evolving. I agree that EZ will most likely meet the same end as Jax did and this is the natural development of his choice to commit to the club after jail, as opposed to doing something else with his life. The longing for meaning, purpose and family leads people to really bad decisions sometimes and SOA and Mayans are both very instructive series in that regard.

• Like 3

First Creeper with EZ and now the mother Emily killed:

”Hi person who betrayed me/killed my son, I know you’re a really bad person and is capable of murder and has gang/cartel connections. I know what you did and I’m going to turn you in and ruin your life!! I’m telling you this in private so that no one else knows I know about you and I totally trust you won’t kill me.”

🙄

• LOL 1

So two Mayans get murdered, and EZ has the bodies dumped at the black MC clubhouse (forgot their name) in a false flag operation.  He is definitely a schemer.

Does anyone else think that Miguel is coming for Felipe?  He sure is pissed.

We're all agreed, then:  Letty is officially Hopeless.  Too soon?

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

Bully on Alvarez for finally realizing what a dead end the MC life is and cutting the cord for good. At least I hope that's what he's doing.

Since we're down to the final two episodes in The Shield/SoA/Mayans shared universe, I wonder if we'll see anyone else coming back besides Taza.

What was the point of Galindo's visit to Felipe other than giving Danny Pino and EJO one last scene together? While it was well-acted by both men, it boiled down to "Hi. I hate you. Bye."

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
On 7/6/2023 at 12:56 PM, Dowel Jones said:

So two Mayans get murdered, and EZ has the bodies dumped at the black MC clubhouse (forgot their name) in a false flag operation.  He is definitely a schemer.

Does anyone else think that Miguel is coming for Felipe?  He sure is pissed.

We're all agreed, then:  Letty is officially Hopeless.  Too soon?

The black MC is the Grim Bastards.

• Like 1
(edited)

I had no idea they got Wendy back. Was shocked to see her and hear the boys are dirt bike racing. 

I hope the end was a fake out but he looked shot. 

Edited by Artsda
  • Like 3

WENDY!!!! I kept waiting for her to accidentally refer to Jax while talking about her kids, but EZ might not even know who Jax Teller was. Given the timelines of the two series, they almost definitely never met.

Emily was being awfully specific about that door cam. Is she looking to frame (literally) Miguel so it looks like he did something nefarious and goes away for it?

Meanwhile, Potter and Dana Delany have one last dance. I'm not terribly invested in either character but wouldn't mind if they ended up offing each other.

RIP Felipe/Ignacio/Whatever-your-name-is.

So the Fentanyl pipeline is burnt to a crisp, the Broken Saints never want to hear the word "Mayans" ever again, much less do business with them (and it looks like the leader who was friendly with EZ may be dead or at least demoted out of leadership), and the club owes a bunch of $$$ to people whose motto is "Oh, something bad happened? Sucks to be you. Now pay up." No way this remotely ends well.

Speaking of which: When the Broken Saints are literally fishing bodies out of a burning heap, it is NOT a good time for EZ to start whining about his precious profit margin while showing more concern for leftover drug makings than actual dead people. He's lucky they let him walk out of there.

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

Emily was being awfully specific about that door cam.

She is definitely planning something.  The way she looked at the bodyguard when he said that he cleaned up Miguel's problems led me to believe that she thinks (or knows, I forget) that he killed her sister.

• Like 4

Wow! This is bringing SOA around for a full arc of closure somehow. Great to see Wendy again (gorgeous woman - does she never age?) and particularly as juxtaposed with Emily, another sister who will never surrender. It seems like the men are all (perhaps with the exception of Angel at this point) choosing glory and the women are choosing life.

Well, that's that, I guess.  On to the next blood-soaked saga of drug thugs, corrupt police, stupid women, and evil cartels.  I doubt if I'll remember any of this in a month.

I'm surprised the club accepted the glasses wearing prospect.  Although he did prove that he's a stone cold killer, it would be expected that he would get into a brawl at some point.  Glasses don't help.

I was right.  Emily set that up perfectly with the camera angles and she knew that her bodyguard was guilty.  Woman's got a future.  Now, if the police were so interested, a little investigation would show that the bodyguard had no gunshot residue on his arm, and she did, but, hey, who's going to put that much effort into a tied up with a bow murder of two gangsters?

EZ's death was brutal.  I did not see that coming.  I'm surprised they let Angel go, revenge and all that, but he got out of there just in time.

If those biker girls are so paranoid that they draw down on anyone showing up at the ranch, wouldn't a gate with CCTV be a better alternative?

10 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

I was right.  Emily set that up perfectly with the camera angles and she knew that her bodyguard was guilty.  Woman's got a future.  Now, if the police were so interested, a little investigation would show that the bodyguard had no gunshot residue on his arm, and she did, but, hey, who's going to put that much effort into a tied up with a bow murder of two gangsters?

That was the only realistic part of the episode.

So the Mayans attack ONE Sons get-together and the war is immediately over??? And what about that gang they owed as part of the fetanyl deal?

As soon as EZ's girlfriend planned to tell him about her pregnancy later that night, it was obvious he was a dead man. Seriously: We're talking Lazy Screenwriting 101 here.

Nice to see EZ's many sins catch up with him, and it was a clever touch having Bishop wear the President's patch with EZ's blood still on it.

Were Nestor and Glasses Dude even Mayans for 10 minutes? Sounds like nobody came out of the clubhouse alive.

And on to the next series.

That was something...felt so bad for EZ's doggie and happy for Angel and Maverick. And go! Emily - absolutely fulfilled my expectations about her tenacity and resourcefulness and ruthlessness. I know I could not be as calmly murderous, even in my child's behalf, but I totally bought her resolve at that point.

The "next series" by the way, from Kurt Sutter, is a two woman centric show with Lena Headley and Gillian Anderson set in the 1850s Oregon I think...sounds awesome 😸 and probably also gruesome et al.

• Like 2

That was a brutal end. I waited until this week and watched the last 2 episodes back to back. Liked seeing Wendy again. RIP Felipe. I'm happy Angel made it out with Maverick. I was terrified the club would kill him too thinking he knew about EZ. What an end for the Mayans. They kill their president and then get raided by the ATF. Those gunshots at the end leave us knowing they didn't go quietly. I wonder who survived, if any of them did. EZ really did all if that for the club only for it to end like that.

Those last scenes with EZ and Angel were great. Especially when EZ was telling him it was ok and that he should do it. They all acted the hell out of it. Killing Sofia as well was brutal. Glasses guy knew she was pregnant. 

I didn't really care what was happening with Letty. Did she really think she could roll up to the clubhouse by herself and take out all the Mayans? Also, they were not responsible for Hope's death. At least she came to her senses and got Sally out of there. And are we meant to think she joins the Broken Saints? 

The women came out on top. Katie went to Bishop and ratted out EZ. The one girl who stabbed the one club member went straight to the cops to report the club, causing the raid. Emily went Gone Girl and took out Miguel and the bodyguard. This is what happens when you mess with the wrong woman lol

• Like 4

Were sections of the broadcast not aired? It felt like we were jumping forward with barely any connection between scenes.

- Show starts with Lt Castille's funeral. Did we miss how his body was discovered and the reaction to that?

- Then we have a dude being held at gunpoint in the clubhouse, and he wants to know where Jess is in order to tell EZ what happened to his dad. Which I guess happens off camera, because ...

- Next we see a bunch of MC members getting ready for war.  Then they somehow wander into a party? And walk up to those who killed EJO and shoot them? And EZ takes out MC Negan, as a truck rolls by? What? The war is over?!

- Then someone has a baby? Did we know she was expecting? Is there meaning in how they handle the baby after it is born? Padrino looked concerned.

- Then we are back to Potter, who is floating around, and then shots of the feds saying they will take Potter out, somehow.

- Then a girl kills a bald buy in a car. I'm sorry, I cannot remember who these people are. Clearly tho he was going to send her away instead of kill her over whatever she knows about Jess.

- Then dog lady is pregnant but can't tell EZ. 

- Then angry Letty wants to kill Mayans over Coco and Hope. At least there is some logic there.

- Then Cristobal (sans Noho Hank) appears at the hospital to see Padrino, who has just now figured out that having a kid at an old age means he won't be around much as dad. Better late than never, I guess.

Can I just say how bizarre it is that all these guys talk to each other with their faces 4 inches apart? 

Miguel and his hostage, Emily.

Then a bro musical moment on a ride

"Maverick," still LOL at that name .. always think of Top Gun

So the point of all the babies is that finally, FINALLY, some of these characters realize that there are smarter, better ways to live? That realization ... took a long time.

So, Angel, "the Mayans are on top?" Do we have some evidence for that? Any visible impacts? Any change in fortunes? No "movin' on up" song?

Meanwhile, stabby girl turned herself in and Potter drops by. The meaning of this escapes me.

Hey, look ... Emily is taking action! Good for her. Also, she can count to five. Where's Potter?

Now EZ holds church and talks about "what we have accomplished." Which is still not visible in any way. BTW, his motivational speeches are awful. It's like listening to a salesman.

Angel, bro, lots of your "brothers" have had kids. They all have had to make this decision. So odds are they won't understand it. They will view you as a quitter.

Meanwhile, Hank interrupts EZ and his announcement about Angel to make the relatively routine nomination to patch in Nester? That seems abrupt and weird. isn't there a section on the meeting agenda for this, "suggest new members" or something? Well after the president's opening remarks?

But of course this all leads to (dum-dum-dum) ... the moment I started fast forwarding again. Truly. Then I had to go back when I saw something else was happening. Which was a sort of half-assed trap of the Reyes brothers.

So the club is on top, supposedly, and they kill the guy who put them there with no second thought? Seems shortsighted.

BTW, wouldn't EZ's comments to Angel in front of everyone else pretty much show Angel knew? Therefore Angel broke the code, too?

So why did Goggles shoot the chick? Sad.

Until the very last minutes, it seemed like bits and pieces were missing at every turn.  Which makes sense, for this show. It's basically about impulse and incomplete thoughts. 

But I was in until the end. Thanks, show.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
2 hours ago, Ottis said:

Then we have a dude being held at gunpoint in the clubhouse, and he wants to know where Jess is in order to tell EZ what happened to his dad. Which I guess happens off camera, because ...

Yeah that was weird. We never saw what happened to the big bald SOA guy. I guess they killed him? I guess he told them the SOA leader killed Felipe? 

I totally forgot who the girl in the car who stabbed the Mayan even was. One of the Mayan bartenders but what she knew about all their crimes I don’t remember.

Why was the writing on this series so poorly handled with so much happening offscreen? I don’t normally have trouble keeping characters and plots straight on other shows but here for some reason it is always so confusing.

All I wanted was for Sally to make it out OK, and EZ to die, so yay for that.

I guess all the main Mayans are dead after that raid. Way to go EZ, quite a Pyrrhic victory there.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Ottis said:

Show starts with Lt Castille's funeral. Did we miss how his body was discovered and the reaction to that?

With the amount of gunfire going on, I would guess that the PD would have received multiple reports, but got there after the action.

2 hours ago, Ottis said:

Clearly tho he was going to send her away instead of kill her over whatever she knows about Jess.

I thought he was going to kill her because the camera focused on his gun before she started stabbing him.  It could be that she just thought he was going to kill her and struck first, or she knew that Jess was dead and just wanted revenge.  Quien sabe?

3 hours ago, Ottis said:

isn't there a section on the meeting agenda for this, "suggest new members" or something?

One of the more 'humorous' parts of this series is that this group of hardened outlaws and murderers have a set of bylaws, and agree to be governed by Roberts Rules of Order, and it's all very democratic.  Except for killing the President, of course.

3 hours ago, Ottis said:

So why did Goggles shoot the chick? Sad.

My guess, again, is that the cabal that took EZ down wanted a clean sweep and gave that job to Goggles, so that he's a made man now.  Oddly, he might be the only one left alive now.

(edited)
6 hours ago, Cotypubby said:

Why was the writing on this series so poorly handled with so much happening offscreen? I don’t normally have trouble keeping characters and plots straight on other shows but here for some reason it is always so confusing.

I thought it was just me. But for all my gripes about it, the finale was pretty well done.

Happy endings for Emily, Angel, Maverick, and Potter, I guess. And the dog! She seemed pretty happy to not have to live in a trailer anymore.

Edited by SHD
  • Like 1
On 7/22/2023 at 1:31 PM, Ottis said:

- Then someone has a baby? Did we know she was expecting? Is there meaning in how they handle the baby after it is born? Padrino looked concerned.

- Then Cristobal (sans Noho Hank) appears at the hospital to see Padrino, who has just now figured out that having a kid at an old age means he won't be around much as dad. Better late than never, I guess.

-That was Padrino's wife. We saw her pregnant this season several times. He looked concerned because they have 2 older kids and they're both a bit older themselves.

-That was Bishop that visited Padrino in the hospital. Cristobal is Miguel and Emily's young son. Bishop and Padrino have always been close, they call each other Primo which means cousin in Spanish. 

• Like 3
On 7/22/2023 at 1:17 PM, Cotypubby said:

I guess all the main Mayans are dead after that raid. Way to go EZ, quite a Pyrrhic victory there.

The Mayans' Santo Padre chapter literally no longer exists. Everyone's dead. Presumably, the property will sit there unoccupied until the county seizes and auctions it off to recoup unpaid property taxes.

On 7/22/2023 at 1:39 PM, Dowel Jones said:

My guess, again, is that the cabal that took EZ down wanted a clean sweep and gave that job to Goggles, so that he's a made man now.  Oddly, he might be the only one left alive now.

He was sitting at the table across from Nestor when the ATF came in, so he's probably dead as well.

I assumed killing EZ's girlfriend was to eliminate the only person who might go to the police. EZ's friends were all MC members, and the rest of EZ's family is dead except Angel who literally made the first stab, so you know he's not going to the cops. If anyone came around asking for EZ, they could say "He just took off one day. Don't know where he went," and there would be nobody who'd say otherwise.

• Like 1
On 7/24/2023 at 7:59 AM, MaggieG said:

-That was Padrino's wife. We saw her pregnant this season several times. He looked concerned because they have 2 older kids and they're both a bit older themselves.

-That was Bishop that visited Padrino in the hospital. Cristobal is Miguel and Emily's young son. Bishop and Padrino have always been close, they call each other Primo which means cousin in Spanish. 

-Funny how fast forwarding shit has a direct causal relationship to not remembering characters and plot points.🙄

-Michael Irby, the actor who plays Bishop, also plays a character named Cristobal on the show "Barry", with Bill Hader. This was a failed attempt at humor.😏

• Useful 1