Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E10: By Virtue Fall

20 minutes ago, ShortyMac said:

The only thing is, like Woz said, Harlee probably got her badge taken and she can't be a LEO. So, it's not like she could go back to her old job.

Elizabeth Keen was put back in the FBI after murdering several people and being on the lam for ages (Blacklist). It can be done! Writers just have to hand wave.

I found the finale rather disappointing. Disappointed in Cole for bailing. Where's he suppose to go? I guess he can be a busboy or dishwasher somewhere in Nevada. Or can he come back now that his boss is gone?

And by gone, how will that prison-van driver explain his dead cargo since I "assume" Woz went back home after he killed Ramsey. I would have strangled him with my cuff chains, not my hands, but that's just me.

Harlee got into the deep end of extortion to put Cristina through her ultra-expensive school. Three years later, I guess she is close to graduating that high school, but what about college? Woz has to foot all her bills now? It didn't follow character that Harlee needed the purification of being in prison for X years when she could have taken a plea deal. Or was Stahl correct all along about her needing to be saved? If so, that's pretty creepy.

Was that Woz's bullet-from-his-back that he had hanging from his rear view mirror? The one Hardee tapped while talking about it? So Woz is healthy now?

I meant to say a few episodes back that the IA guy who was such a d*ckwad in earlier seasons sure turned into someone handy to have around this season. I liked him.

I'm not sure I followed Tess's "betrayal/not betrayal" and where that money came from. Was it a cartel payoff to get junior back? Why hide the $ in a museum coat room? That was a cartel drop? Like I said, I didn't follow. Not that it matters.

This show coming back would get a good-for-you from me, if I don't forget about it in the interim. Still, it was an excellent three years of good scripts and even better acting. So see ya ... maybe.

• Love 4

No wonder Ray Liotta and the cast were surprised that the series ended. The finale was clearly written to extend the story out further, if needed, with or without Harlee.  If the producers really wanted to end it, at least a two-part finale was needed in order to close out so many loose ends instead of all those one line sentence explanations for just about everything. The Ramsey killing scenario was rushed to get that off the checklist as well. The prison twist allows her to come back, at later time, via parole while she serves time off screen or she comes back at the start of a new season as part of a multi episode arc inside prison before her release.

Edited by VinceW
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, saber5055 said:

It didn't follow character that Harlee needed the purification of being in prison for X years when she could have taken a plea deal. Or was Stahl correct all along about her needing to be saved? If so, that's pretty creepy.

Either in her letter or talking to Woz, she mentioned how she needed to be the Mother her daughter needed/could be proud of. But that was exactly what Stahl said to her previously. It was word for word. I just rewatched the series, so I caught that. 

Hated Cole. Hated that he was so flaky and that Harlee kept falling for it, so not surprised he didn't show up to court.

All that talk/mentions of the bullet in the back, the passing out, the falling down, the being punched. All to get a quick glimpse and a word about taking the bullet out. Talk about huge letdown. What was the point with all that foreshadowing? 

How was Ramsey killed and no one questioned it? How did he get away with it?

I will miss random shirtless Stahl but not his creepiness.

• Love 3

As much as I liked this show, the finale was such a let down.  There's no way that they can explain away the Ramsey killing.  Plus killing him was letting him off too easy.  I would have liked his suffering to be dragged out or have him get shanked in prison.  

Harlee in prison is weird too.  Will she be in solitary or protective custody? As a rule cops don't fare well in prison.  Too much wrapped up too quickly so rather disappointing.

• Love 8

If we ever do get a season four, I wonder if it'll be a massive time jump or a "Harlee is the New Black" situation.

I guess there's supposed to a certain amount of irony in Harlee going through all of this to avoid being in jail and leaving Cristina alone...only to end up in jail anyway. It's not entirely a shaggy dog story but there are definitely some elements there.

Ok, this is going to sound crazy but I really and truly thought it: the other FBI agent that showed up in a couple of scenes with Gail Baker...I thought he was Stahl in disguise. I know we saw him shot dead last episode. But the actor looked like Warren Kole had just sat in a makeup chair for a few hours. I was waiting for some kind of reveal at the end where he takes a bald cap off, etc. Maybe my brain was just playing tricks on me because it felt like Stahl's death was wrapped up to easily and that even if the show was ending there might still be one final cliffhanger/twist. I don't know.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, SuzieQ said:

As much as I liked this show, the finale was such a let down.....Harlee in prison is weird too......Too much wrapped up too quickly so rather disappointing.

In the rush to finish the story, a lot of unanswered questions still remain.

There were no details given on Harlee's plea deal. Woz told her that the whole district submitted character witness statements for her.

The Deputy Commissioner of Internal Affairs was more than just a mole, but rather some kind of crime boss. She sanctioned cops killing cops. Did she go down with Ramsey or was she able to escape charges?  What happened to Verco after what he did to get the hearing scheduled?

After his conversation with the cartel spokesman, what kind of deal did Woz make with them? Is he now their new contact in the NYPD?

There was never reconciliation or even a conversation between Woz and his son, Nate given all the ongoing angst between them.

Harlee put herself behind bars to save her crew and take down the corrupt Intelligence Unit, but her boss does a strangulation killing under police cover and he walks away without any consequences.  “Hey, you got a psycho loose back here”.

Edited by VinceW
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, helenamonster said:

If we ever do get a season four, I wonder if it'll be a massive time jump or a "Harlee is the New Black" situation.

Probably a flashforward and then moving on with her life and other storylines, I guess.

I thought this episode was very anticlimactic. The scene with Woz killing Ramsey seemed rather cartoonish and unnecessary. I am also disappointed that some of the "minor" storylines were not addressed/wrapped up. Christina was annoying to the very end.

• Love 9
47 minutes ago, luckyroll3 said:

The only thing I loved about this episode was how fabulous Harley's hair looked as she was getting checked in to jail.

Her makeup was flawless too!

• Love 5
19 hours ago, helenamonster said:

Ok, this is going to sound crazy but I really and truly thought it: the other FBI agent that showed up in a couple of scenes with Gail Baker...I thought he was Stahl in disguise. I know we saw him shot dead last episode. But the actor looked like Warren Kole had just sat in a makeup chair for a few hours. I was waiting for some kind of reveal at the end where he takes a bald cap off, etc.

That would have been an awesome ending/reveal, Stahl being fake dead since he switched bullets in all the guns in Harlee's house, or that scene was another of Harlee's brain figments and the dead guy was really some salesman or something. Or Cole! Or who knows ... the twist of Stahl still alive would be revealed in episode 1 of season 4. I really like that idea!

• Love 4

Great link ShortyMac. They are getting rid of everything, even a ball-point pen! I tried to find sizes on JLo's clothes but couldn't. Just that her shoes are 8.5, Stahl's shoes are 9.5 and Woz's shoes are 10s. Most of the men's clothes have sizes. And one of JLo's coats. I guess they need to sell everything now before this show is out-of-mind and forgotten. I already had forgotten who Julia was!

• Love 3

I went all the way through that auction and didn't find Harlee's wig. Talk about disappointment. I would be bidding up a storm on that. Harlee's bedroom vanity tray with three perfumes is in the sale -- who even noticed that? -- but the wig that was clearly shown when Harlee busted the hooker for wearing it is not. Such a bummer, I really want it.

• Love 3
On 8/22/2018 at 12:40 PM, saber5055 said:

And one of JLo's coats.

On 8/23/2018 at 5:25 PM, luckyroll3 said:

Why don't the clothes have sizes?  That's annoying.

What size was the coat? I know it doesn’t really matter—more a curiosity on my part. J Lo is a typical thin Hollywood actress, but she’s not stick thin. I just wonder how that translates into real-world sizing. 

On 8/20/2018 at 4:25 PM, saber5055 said:

I'm not sure I followed Tess's "betrayal/not betrayal" and where that money came from. Was it a cartel payoff to get junior back? Why hide the $ in a museum coat room? That was a cartel drop? Like I said, I didn't follow. Not that it matters.

Yes, it was a little confusing. But I was glad the crew turned out okay. They were back together and off suspension. And are they totally clean now? Didn’t Tess say that her regular salary doesn’t cover her bills? That stack of cash she had worn last long. 

The finale was okay. My favorite scenes were the Woz-Harlee scenes. Those always tug at my heart strings. They have such great father-daughter chemistry, and I’m glad the show never created even a hint of sexual tension between them. 

• Love 4
15 hours ago, topanga said:

The finale was okay. My favorite scenes were the Woz-Harlee scenes. Those always tug at my heart strings. They have such great father-daughter chemistry, and I’m glad the show never created even a hint of sexual tension between them. 

Agreed.

I always enjoyed the Harlee-Cristina scenes, too, just because it was a positive, supportive parent-child relationship, despite a lot of deception from Harlee.

Man, I wish there was another season.

• Love 1

A terrible series finale.  Only Harlee faced the music.  The rest of the corrupt team went on happily ever after it seems.  They all belonged behind bars, especially Woz.   He killed many along the way.  The worst of those killings was that of his team member Saperstein.   But now he's supposed to be the lovable guardian of Christina, "Uncle Woz".  Puke.

• Love 2