Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E07: Poodle Time

• Start Topic

Teams jet off to the very middle of the country, Winnipeg, Man., where tensions rise as teams attempt to hit the bullseye in the season's first Face Off.

I liked this leg. Sure it had another dance challenge (and PEI next week doesn't have one? :) ), but it was done fairly early and the teams didn't have much trouble with it. 

Watching the magic trick, all I could think of is how Penn and Teller do it. They do it with the regular cup and balls, and then they do the Penn and Teller version of it, where they break a few rules, like "never do the same trick twice", "you never tell an audience how a trick is done", "you never show the audience your secret preparation", and of course, the unwritten rule... "You never ever do the cup and balls with clear plastic cups." 

Loved the kids at the magic act too, how some where into it and some where done with it, and everyone knew that. :) 

The Human rights museum looks incredible, and what a distinctive building. I went to the Civilization Museum and War Museums in Ottawa last winter, and I was blown away by both. This one looks similarly impressive. 

The Darts face off was surprisingly interesting, but I still don't like faceoffs. If the Faceoff is at the start so the teams have lots of time to mix up after, then it wouldn't be so bad. At least this was a NEL so the faceoff had less of an effect. 

• Love 1

I adore this show, but even I'm getting tired of all the dance challenges (although as a very uncoordinated person I continue to be amazed at their abilities!). 

My favourite teams continue to be the sibling teams; they are killing it!  I just love their dynamic, it seems more unusual to have brother/sister teams, and it's so nice to see how they clearly love and support one another.  Martina is amazing, I thought by now some of her positive energy would have waned, but she continues to bring the sunshine. 

I cannot wait to see next week when they go to PEI!  Definitely one of my favourite places in the country. 

• Love 3

Even though I don't always get on with super sunny, loud personalities, I can't not root for Martina and her brother. I noticed she didn't hug John at the pit-stop today. I wonder if he, like Phil, had to draw the line on big sweaty hugs. 

Still hate it when teams "work together."

Didn't they JUST have a NEL 2 legs ago? 

Excuse my snark on a Canadian thread, but if I needed an EMT, I would not want it to be Courtney! giggle.gif

Edited by TVbitch
  • Love 1

I didn't see that NEL coming. I was so happy that my two least favourite teams were in last and was very bummed when one of them wasn't eliminated.  I don't have a runaway favourite this year but I'd be happy with any of the other teams winning. 

Count me in as someone who is also sick of the dance tasks.  I wish they would get rid of them completely. They may be challenging for the Racers but they're really boring to watch. One a season should be the limit.  

• Love 2

They had a TBC leg a few eps ago, not an NEL leg. So they get the downtime between legs to rest and recover somewhat. TBC legs mean they just keep racing with no breaks. 

I didn't see the NEL leg coming, but as soon as John didn't say "You've been eliminated" after telling their position, I knew it was a NEL leg. 

6 hours ago, Rachel RSL said:

Count me in as someone who is also sick of the dance tasks.

I would infinitely rather see two dance tasks on every leg than have even one task that requires eating to the point of vomiting in a season. But I think dance tasks are better when we have some onscreen guidance to understand what constitutes a pass. 

I thought that darts were a good choice for the Face Off -- not physically taxing so having to repeat it is more of an advantage than anything. 

• Love 2
11 hours ago, SomeTameGazelle said:

I would infinitely rather see two dance tasks on every leg than have even one task that requires eating to the point of vomiting in a season. But I think dance tasks are better when we have some onscreen guidance to understand what constitutes a pass. 

I thought that darts were a good choice for the Face Off -- not physically taxing so having to repeat it is more of an advantage than anything. 

While I'd rather see dancing than over-eating and vomiting, that's not saying much!  The dancing is so boring.  You watch all the teams do the same thing over and over again.  If they show the whole dance over and over, it gets really long and boring, so that means they just show clips.  Not entertaining from a viewer's point of view and it "tests" similar skills in the racers.

8 hours ago, EllaDisco said:

While I'd rather see dancing than over-eating and vomiting, that's not saying much!  The dancing is so boring.  You watch all the teams do the same thing over and over again.  If they show the whole dance over and over, it gets really long and boring, so that means they just show clips.  Not entertaining from a viewer's point of view and it "tests" similar skills in the racers.

You could say the same about the magic task. We only saw snippets of that since a lot of teams had to try multiple times. Dance tasks combine memory, rhythm, performance, and often fitness. I actually enjoy seeing different styles of dance in different locations, and seeing how different teams struggle or breeze through it. But I will concede that more variety in the tasks and a total absence of vomiting would be ideal.

On another topic, I like Adam and Courtney fine. He was very sweet to her when she was upset about getting lost on the way to the mat. Maybe if they were at the top of the pack I would find them arrogant.

I agree about the magic task.  Actually, I said it was the same as another dance task as far as I was concerned in a post somewhere else.  I didn't say learning the dance was easy, I just find it incredibly boring to watch.  I wouldn't mind one but they have done a lot this year and, yes, the magic task was along the same lines.  I have not been a fan of the tasks this year.

• Love 1

Martina is the type of person whose personality can be exhausting, but surprisingly,  I am enjoying how much fun she is having on the race and how much she gets into the challenges.

I like some teams better than others, but there is no team that I cannot stand.

Edited by AEMom
Typo
  • Love 3