Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E09 Goodnight, Sweet Prince

Ding, dong, the witch is dead! Bye, Stahl! It sucks that Myers had to die, though (the other FBI agent).

I wondered how Harlee would get out of that jam with him; smart (and/or stupid, depending on how you look at it) work by Cristina getting her mom the gun.

Ray Liotta rules. JLo kills this role. I am sad that it is ending. I don't want to say goodbye to these characters. :(

• Love 15

Yikes!  That was an intense scene with Stahl & Harlee!  Finally, he got what was coming to him!  I am going to have to go back & re-watch this episode, I am confused as to where Woz is, the house looks like it is under construction?  How did Tess know where he was?  I thought Tess was going to rat on her crew, but I think it seems like she is staying loyal to Woz?  Will Woz's son ever figure out the truth?  So many questions, so little time left.  Ms. Lopez impressed me in this role...but I see she has a Rom-com style movie coming out in the Fall...I guess she likes those.

• Love 3
56 minutes ago, ShortyMac said:

Ding, dong, the witch is dead! Bye, Stahl! It sucks that Myers had to die, though (the other FBI agent).

Yeah, working with someone as obviously unhinged as Stahl was never going to end up well.

• Love 6

Wow, for sure Stahl was bat-shit. That was a great scene with him holding the gun on Harlee. I didn't get how Harlee got the gun though. Did Cristina have it in the back of her waistband? It was shown so quickly I couldn't tell, I just knew Harlee got it from her somehow. JLo really rocked that scene and the one afterward in the motel. The only thing that didn't play correctly for me was Cristina's all "whatever" about a man getting shot multiple times, then point blank, and dying in front of her. And being all "you're fine, it's not your fault" to her mom afterward. Yeah, once again Cristina ruins the show.

I continue to love Woz. And I LOL'd when he told the captive guy that he was pretty much going to die, then turned out the lights and said something like "Here's a preview of your future," pitch darkness.

I thought it odd that Harlee and Cristina went to the same (low-budget?) motel that Cole is in. For a sec I thought they were going to share a room. Yikes!

I will miss this show A LOT after next week.

• Love 9
49 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

Wow, for sure Stahl was bat-shit. That was a great scene with him holding the gun on Harlee. I didn't get how Harlee got the gun though. Did Cristina have it in the back of her waistband? It was shown so quickly I couldn't tell, I just knew Harlee got it from her somehow. JLo really rocked that scene and the one afterward in the motel. The only thing that didn't play correctly for me was Cristina's all "whatever" about a man getting shot multiple times, then point blank, and dying in front of her. And being all "you're fine, it's not your fault" to her mom afterward. Yeah, once again Cristina ruins the show.

I continue to love Woz. And I LOL'd when he told the captive guy that he was pretty much going to die, then turned out the lights and said something like "Here's a preview of your future," pitch darkness.

I thought it odd that Harlee and Cristina went to the same (low-budget?) motel that Cole is in. For a sec I thought they were going to share a room. Yikes!

I will miss this show A LOT after next week.

Christina had the gun in her back pocket. So when she went in for the hug, she put hers Mom's hand on it and said "Don't hesitate." A redeeming factor for her, seeing we all don't like her.

I don't feel bad for the other FBI agent, as cold as that sounds. She was so smug dealing with Harlee, and then to see her working with Stahl. Nope, didn't like her at all.

So will Woz die? I feel like the constant reminder about the bullet in his back and him seeing his dead daughter a lot makes me think he'll die. Seems like the only way for the crew to get back to normal and to stay doing the right thing after all this. 

• Love 11

Thanks Wednesday for clearing up how Cristina got the gun to Harlee. Yeah, redemption for our least-favorite character!

I don't like your suggestion that Woz dies, but I think you are correct. That's why he keeps seeing his dead daughter. Plus it puts a real end on this show. At least to Liotta's part in it. Although I'd be all about him coming back as a ghost (like his daughter) to advise his crew.

• Love 4

Another episode in the books with more bodies dropping.  Harlee did a 'Hank Voight' by putting an extra tap in Stahl while he was on the floor bleeding out.  Christina handing off the gun would have been more realistic if the director had shown her listening to them talking after she entered the house and then getting the gun for her mother. IMO.

Edited by VinceW
  • Love 2
On 8/13/2018 at 3:02 PM, saber5055 said:

.......I don't like your suggestion that Woz dies, but I think you are correct. That's why he keeps seeing his dead daughter. Plus it puts a real end on this show. At least to Liotta's part in it. Although I'd be all about him coming back as a ghost (like his daughter) to advise his crew.

The scene with Woz conversing again with his deceased daughter (Anna Kate) in some kind of vision was very moving and it was a realistic portrayal given my own personal experience.  My wife passed away after fighting a serious illness. We spent long periods together in the hospital during her treatments. For many months after she passed away, I had a recurring dream about our conversations at the hospital. The conversation would always lead to her asking about increasing her medications. I would get frustrated and I would tell her that she didn’t need the medication any longer because she was dead. She would push back and quickly respond  "If I’m dead, how come you are here?”. That was the end of the dream.

Woz is struggling because he couldn't do more using his police powers to prevent what happened to his daughter.

Woz "I can't lose you again"

Anna Kate "You're never going to lose me, but you need to find yourself".

I doubt that Woz dies in the finale. Some kind of emotional breakdown seems more likely.

Edited by VinceW
  • Love 7

I'll miss Stahl and his craziness. 

I still hate Christina!

Is there only one crappy motel in Brooklyn? Why did H & C stay at the same place as Cole?

I'll miss this show. I think JLo is a way better actress in dramas vs rom coms, etc.

• Love 5

So the previews at the end of this episode show Harlee testifying in court and saying something about basically "Getting it from the horse's mouth" - or in other words - as a cop who was doing crooked stuff, she knows what she's talking about here. They showed some of the others on the crew trying to deter her from doing it. So, it seems there will be a lot of storyline to wrap up in just one more episode. Here's my guesses as to what will happen...

Since Harlee and Cristina went to the same motel that Cole went to, I think in her sadness/regret/etc., she and Cole will hook up. This will leave the story with us knowing Harlee won't be alone anymore after Nava's death.

I think something will work out so the crew will be exonerated. Don't know how, but I think they will be.

Unfortunately, I do think that Woz seeing his daughter is foreshadowing of his own death. I think the bullet will move, or he'll get caught in some kind of crossfires with the Intelligence people and he will die. UNLESS...they want to leave the ending open so that if JLo decides she wants to bring it back, they can.

• Love 3

Season 3 includes 10 episodes which were filmed right after Season 2 last year in 2017. The Season 2 finale aired in May 2017 which presents as over a year between the season 3 airing starting in June 2018. NBC announced that the series was renewed for Season 3 in March 2017, but a year later in April 2018 the network announced the cancellation. Ray Liotta did a web interview a short time later during which he indicated his surprise about the series ending. If his character was killed off in the Season 3 finale, he couldn't spoil that it did happen with details, but I think he would have responded more evasively to the show host during that interview instead of his somewhat distraught attitude over the ending decision. Since the filming was finished last year, much of what he said during the web interview presented more as just rambling because Liotta couldn't recall much about what actually happened in the last season that made any sense. Again, if the character was killed off at some point in the series finale, I think his response would have been much different during that web interview. Just speculation on my part.

Edited by VinceW
  • Love 5

I am very happy that Stahl is dead (and that Harlee was the one to kill him) but I found their last confrontation rather anticlimactic, at least compared to the ones they've had before. I also wish she'd killed him off after they finished dealing with the intelligence unit, just from a narrative standpoint. Stahl was this show's big bad, killing him should be the grand finale, not the second to last big moment of the series. But at this point it might just be me splitting hairs. Good riddance, ya creep!

They are introducing this "will Tess flip to intelligence or nah" subplot way too late in the game. She won't, right? And if she did, it's not like there are very many stakes left with only one episode to go. 

Once again, I am so bummed that this is ending. This show has been a consistently great, fun ride from start to finish. Really excited to see how they wrap it up and if there will be any last-minute twists.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, VinceW said:

Season 3 includes 10 episodes which were filmed right after Season 2 last year in 2017. The Season 2 finale aired in May 2017 which presents as over a year between the season 3 airing starting in June 2018. NBC announced that the series was renewed for Season 3 in March 2017, but a month later in April 2017 the network announced the cancellation. Ray Liotta did a web interview a short time later during which he indicated his surprise about the series ending. If his character was killed off in the Season 3 finale, he couldn't spoil that it did happen with details, but I think he would have responded more evasively to the show host during that interview instead of his somewhat distraught attitude over the ending decision. Since the filming was finished last year, much of what he said during the web interview presented more as just rambling because Liotta couldn't recall much about what actually happened in the last season which didn't made any sense. Again, if the character was killed off at some point in the series finale , I think his response would have been much different during that web interview. Just speculation on my part.

Ray Liotta did an interview with KLG&Hoda too, and he indicated that he was surprised by the announcement that the show was ending...he seemed disappointed, and said he wished the show could continue, but made some vague statement about JLo had so many commitments to do other things that she didn't have time to film this show.  Maybe they could do for this show what NBC is doing for "Timeless"?  I think I read that NBC is going to film a special wrap-up episode to placate the hard-core fans. 

• Love 2
On 8/14/2018 at 10:47 PM, BuckeyeLou said:

Ray Liotta did an interview with KLG&Hoda too, and he indicated that he was surprised by the announcement that the show was ending...he seemed disappointed, and said he wished the show could continue, but made some vague statement about JLo had so many commitments to do other things that she didn't have time to film this show.  Maybe they could do for this show what NBC is doing for "Timeless"?  I think I read that NBC is going to film a special wrap-up episode to placate the hard-core fans. 

Spoiler

The interview I watched was on BUILD a few weeks after the NBC announcement in April. Liotta said it was a total surprise to the cast. There was a subtle implication in his tone of voice that the end of the Harlee arc did not necessarily mean the series had to end. Also, he stated that something happens to both Woz and Harlee, but there is a 'proper' cliffhanger (whatever that means).  I surmise that Woz has a breakdown rather than getting killed off.  He did spend a lot time talking about working with his real life daughter on the series. It seems that the scene with the dead daughter (Anna Kate) puts him into a very emotional state afterwards, but he did not know how much of that part of the script would be cut by producers for the finale.

Edited by VinceW
  • Love 1
22 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Maybe they could do for this show what NBC is doing for "Timeless"?  I think I read that NBC is going to film a special wrap-up episode to placate the hard-core fans. 

While I need to catch up on the last 3 episodes before the finale (no!!!) I think NBC would pursue it only if J Lo can commit.   Timeless was low rated for both seasons, but seemed to have a lot of celebrity fans backing it and Sony was trying to find it a new home before the actors' contracts ran out.  Now contracts will need to be renegotiated for the actors to participate in the TV movie. 

And while Ray seemed to like working with J Lo overall, it seems that her showing up late near the end and NBC needing to keep with required work hours didn't set well with him much.  https://www.businessinsider.com/ray-liotta-working-with-jennifer-lopez-2018-6

• Love 2
On 8/14/2018 at 10:47 PM, BuckeyeLou said:

Ray Liotta did an interview with KLG&Hoda too, and he indicated that he was surprised by the announcement that the show was ending...he seemed disappointed, and said he wished the show could continue, but made some vague statement about JLo had so many commitments to do other things that she didn't have time to film this show..........

His surprise comment was a subtle implication that the end of the Harlee arc did not necessarily mean the series had to end.  In her interviews, JLo only talks about her story coming to a desired place and she was satisfied with the ending.  "It’s a tragic ending, but really poetic and beautiful.”

Two different issues.

Edited by VinceW
  • Love 1

It's one thing to show corrupt cops but the entire all powerful all seeing intelligence unit? This is a local police department, not the NSA. Setting that aside the IA mole is more believable. Disappointment they used violence against uninvolved fellow law enforcement officers during the breakout/escape plan. Can't worry about Woz's unit fate but that of the witnesses, bystanders and family. Finally Harlee's stalker is gone.

If Woz lives and loose ends are wrapped up the visions of his daughter might go away if he turns a new leaf. If he goes back to his old ways in a theoretical future of the show she should appear everytime he goes to the darkside.

I don't think Christina's character is as bad as many think but the actress and characters seemed to have improved a little.

I don't if Tess will rat but I don't think she'll turn a new leaf either. Work her way in to find the I unit's stash of money then out?

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, MZ. ATTITUDE said:

Jlo said in an interview tht the end will be tragic. DAMN woz might not make it aft all. 

Tragic could mean a lot of things including someone's child or spouse killed. Woz's son might start poking around and/or get whacked in the process of saving Woz. Tess could get killed especially since they seem to pushing her financial obligations pretty hard lately.

• Love 3