Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread: The Sequel

• Start Topic

26 minutes ago, jay741982 said:

I just want a Bottle Episode with Olicity going to Bali or some other beautiful place for a Reunion getaway and run into trouble then They both kick ass and save the day 

I remember the old Lois and Clark series had an episode where Clark takes Lois to an Island resort that he was given a free package to as part of a bet to see whether she could actually relax for a weekend and not obsess about work, but it turns out the person who sent the package was some villian looking to kill them off, villainy antics and action ensued. I mean it was lame and campy in the sense that the whole show was intentionally written to be lame and campy but I don't see why the writers can't write something like that for Olicity that's not lame?

Hell even like the Buffy episode 'Conversations with dead people' where the episode was broken up into individual unconnected bottle storylines with different characters. So in one story you've got Olicity doing their thing, then maybe one with Dig, one with Siren, one with NTA or what not. 

• Love 3

I saw the pics and got so excited and then saw who wrote it. Epic fail. 

Why is he writing these milestone episodes? Can he just go away?! 

I honestly thing making him a consultant was a way to get around the heat they were getting at the time Kriesberg got fired. The Bald Rat is very much back and in charge. I can't think of any other reason why he would be writing the 150th. The Crossover I could sort of excuse but this is a big sign that he's still all over Arrow.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Hey he loathes EBR and the Olicity fandom! Your odds are pretty good!

...He was one of the reasons Olicity got married?

4 minutes ago, Chaser said:

I hate Marc but can we not undermine Beth’s position?

Yes, please. Unless we're supposed to now believe Beth hasn't done anything herself for the last 8 months

• Love 2
1 minute ago, apinknightmare said:

Do you remember how awfully he wrote Laurel for the duration of the show? Hers aren't that great either. 

You are right but I wouldn't put it past the snivelling weasel to have another go at EBR since she did call him out.

13 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Aw, that's so cute. The pic gave me hope, one of the names on the script took it away LOL.

Word. But after that loser of a 100th episode, maybe he's going to make it up to us in 150 by finally focusing on the trio responsible for the show's success.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, Chaser said:

He wrote it. Beth is still the show runner. She could have come up with the story to tell.

I hate Marc but can we not undermine Beth’s position?

Beth can come up with the greatest story around and it can still be messed up by the writing. See...oh, Diggle's storyline this year, and some of the other nonsensical stuff we complain about this season. My concerns with him as a writer aren't a reflection of her position as show runner. Maybe she handed him a great story and he was inspired and wrote a great episode! I hope that's what happens. His history doesn't exactly inspire confidence though.

• Love 8
Just now, apinknightmare said:

Do you remember how awfully he wrote Laurel for the duration of the show? Hers aren't that great either. 

He loves NTA though. Those guys odds are probably looking the best.

As an aside,

I get Beth is showrunner but clearly as co creator, executive producer and now the person who is writing all the big ticket episodes he's obviously got a lot more say in the writers room then the other staff writers or then they tried to imply when they claimed he would only be occasionally consulting. I am starting to wonder if the change in job title was just the Kreisberg effect and Berlanti being publicly called out by media for the bts crew on his show being anti-women and his own comments about women not wanting to work in Vancouver because of babies. 

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Mary0360 said:

I get Beth is showrunner but clearly as co creator, executive producer and now the person who is writing all the big ticket episodes he's obviously got a lot more say in the writers room then the other staff writers or then they tried to imply when they claimed he would only be occasionally consulting. I am starting to wonder if the change in job title was just the Kreisberg effect and Berlanti being publicly called out by media for the bts crew on his show being anti-women and his own comments about women not wanting to work in Vancouver because of babies. 

So he got a say in Felicity getting a plot in every episode this season and being the driving force in the flash forwards? Or is the actual plot of the show not part of his "say"?

• Love 2
Just now, apinknightmare said:

Beth can come up with the greatest story around and it can still be messed up by the writing. See...oh, Diggle's storyline this year, and some of the other nonsensical stuff we complain about this season. My concerns with him as a writer aren't a reflection of her position as show runner. Maybe she handed him a great story and he was inspired and wrote a great episode! I hope that's what happens. His history doesn't exactly inspire confidence though.

Oh I know the writing can get completely screwed up. I didn’t want his name on there either. I’m just saying if Beth tells him they are doing big OTA/Olicity in this episode, he can’t decide to cut Felicity. 

I’m just not a fan of the idea Beth has no say in the show if it’s something the fandom doesn’t like. 

At least Tonya isn’t writing it.

• Love 4
Just now, Chaser said:

Oh I know the writing can get completely screwed up. I didn’t want his name on there either. I’m just saying if Beth tells him they are doing big OTA/Olicity in this episode, he can’t decide to cut Felicity. 

I’m just not a fan of the idea Beth has no say in the show if it’s something the fandom doesn’t like. 

Oh yeah, I'm not worried about the content of the story. I think he really likes Felicity and Olicity if for no other reason than because he created them and a chunk of people love them both so much. That just all happened by accident so I'm not exactly thrilled at the prospect of him writing anything big, because I think the stuff he's done on purpose has been awful more often than not. Although it does make me feel somewhat better that Beth's the one ultimately calling the shots instead of him. 

• Love 8
1 minute ago, way2interested said:

So he got a say in Felicity getting a plot in every episode this season and being the driving force in the flash forwards? Or is the actual plot of the show not part of his "say"?

I was expressing an opinion not looking to be contrary or start a debate, but to clarify:

Beth is showrunner and in charge. I get that. But if the belief was that Beth was promoted because of general dissatisfaction with Wendy and Marcs jobs as show runners, the fact that Marc is still in the writers room actively participating and being given the big milestone episodes suggests that that aren't unhappy or dissatisfied with his work as a writer and still quite value him. So was Beth promoted on merit and because she was considered the best person for the job or was she promoted because Berlanti was in big public shit in regards to women bts.

The fact of the matter is I think this season has had the same amounts of positives, negatives and WTF were they thinking moments like any other season of Arrow so even with the Felicity storyline this season I don't think Beth's job as show runner is superior to her previous successors. That's on Beth and her writing team.

But Marcs last milestone episode he wrote was all comic book fan boy dreams wank material, his last season as showrunner seem to diminish both Felicity, OTA, and Diggles presence in the show as they became largely back ground characters with less meaningful storylines then the new toys, so far Felicity seems sorely absent from the upcoming crossover and Emily didn't appear to film much and it again seems like Marc is writing to cater only to comic fan boys. So no I don't have high hopes.

He may surprise me, maybe it'll end up being a great episode for Felicity Olicity OTA and the things I love about the show. If so I'll happily eat my words but sorry Marc does not give me the greatest confidence. 

17 minutes ago, EmeraldArcher said:

That's so awesome, @Mary0360!  

I was just bragging to my husband about them naming the big 150th after me and then scrolled further down and saw your post! 

It's your wedding anniversary right? Just assume they gave you the title as a gift 😉

• Love 13

MG is not my fave by any stretch, but I’m still not fully onboard with the theory that he wrote Felicity badly in retribution for EBR’s comments about him. He wrote A LOT of characters badly. 

Meanwhile there’s some speculation that Willa might be back for the 150th?

ETA: @apinknightmare just posted the same tweet
Edited by Trisha
  • Love 4

So maybe we’ll be seeing Roy and Thea in the present?

I’m actually shocked. I never thought we’d be seeing WH again. 

Just now, Angel12d said:

So maybe we’ll be seeing Roy and Thea in the present?

I’m actually shocked. I never thought we’d be seeing WH again. 

Maybe the present will connect to why Thea isn't with Roy in the future? Not trying to automatically jump to Thea's gonna die but 150 is a milestone episode, they seem to be treating like one at least, deaths are usually moments used for milestones and Kirk was bragging about killing someone. I don't like the spec but I'm curious. 

• Love 2
33 minutes ago, Mary0360 said:

I was expressing an opinion not looking to be contrary or start a debate, but to clarify:

I wasn't trying to start a debate either, I just genuinely don't know how much power MG has but think it's way less than what other people are assuming he has. I just think if he was this big shadow of hating EBR/Felicity but still has such sway on the show there wouldn't be a Felicity plot at all, or if he does have such sway, he clearly doesn't have an issue with Felicity and it's more other bts circumstances for the crossover.

35 minutes ago, Mary0360 said:

t again seems like Marc is writing to cater only to comic fan boys.

Ngl, this is the exact same argument that those "fan boys" have used on MG for years regarding anything Felicity/Olicity, so I think both times it's brought up is a bad argument

• Love 5

That's not how billing works lol. I don't know why twitter freaks over everything, billing is set for the season and according to the PR site it looks like KC is after Echo.

I'd be nice to see Thea, and I do think we'll get present day Roy eventually. Maybe this will explain their separation. 

Edited by JJ928
  • Love 1

I wonder what those lists are. 

I think it's just a cast list - no one judge me but I have some Suits scripts, and they list the characters on the left side, and the actors on the right. I can't really figure out the order. It's not alphabetical, and it's not billing, and it's not even usually in order of screen time. I think someone just sits down and types out all the regulars in one group, and the recurring/guest stars in the next.

16 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

I see Stephen, Katie, David, Emily, and is that Kat's name below Emily's? I can't make out anyone below that. 

From what I can read, it's SA, KC, DR, EBR, CH, EK, RG, KA space space space WH 

Edited by way2interested
2 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

I think it's just a cast list - no one judge me but I have some Suits scripts, and they list the characters on the left side, and the actors on the right. I can't really figure out the order. It's not alphabetical, and it's not billing, and it's not even usually in order of screen time. I think someone just sits down and types out all the regulars in one group, and the recurring/guest stars in the next.

No judge. You are more useful than google.

1 minute ago, way2interested said:

From what I can read, it's SA, KC, DR, EBG, CH, EK, RG, KA space space space WH 

Damn. Do you eat a lot of carrots?

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, way2interested said:

I wasn't trying to start a debate either, I just genuinely don't know how much power MG has but think it's way less than what other people are assuming he has. 

I think the fact that he seems to be solely writing the crossover and is now writing the 150th which they are starting to promote likes milestone Ep, he's got more power and say in the show then the average staff writer. But anyway, we will see what happens. 

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, way2interested said:

From what I can read, it's SA, KC, DR, EBR, CH, EK, RG, KA space space space WH 

Oh yeah - that is Colton, not Kat LOL.

4 minutes ago, Mary0360 said:

I think the fact that he seems to be solely writing the crossover and is now writing the 150th which they are starting to promote likes milestone Ep, he's got more power and say in the show then the average staff writer. But anyway, we will see what happens. 

The crossover synopses came out today. Marc isn't credited for any part of the Flash ep, he wrote the Arrow ep but isn't credited with the story, and is credited with the Supergirl story, but did not write the ep. 

ETA: Mods, not intended as crossover talk, just bringing this up in response to the discussion of MG's continued role in the show.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 5

Damn. Do you eat a lot of carrots?

13iadx.jpg

Lol also for what it's worth I think Emilo's name is blocking JH's but that is just a wild guess. CH's is a guess too, but the length would fit, I think.

It's basically just the s7 list that was on the 701 page

Edited by way2interested

I would be more than happy to be proved wrong and pop in here to post "MG wrote a wonderful 150th Ep. It was some of the best Felicity/Olicity content ever."

I very much enjoyed Bamford's directing of the Olicity reunion which is definitely on my epic list, complete with a vanishing Diggle which just added to its charm even more.

Edited by Mellowyellow
15 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

I would be more than happy to be proved wrong and pop in here to post "MG wrote a wonderful 150th Ep. It was some of the best Felicity/Olicity content ever."

I very much enjoyed Bamford's directing of the Olicity reunion which is definitely on my epic list, complete with a vanishing Diggle which just added to its charm even more.

I mean, he had State vs. Queen in him, which is one of my favorite Olicity eps of the whole show. He did it once (and a few other times during the series) - I hope he can do it again!

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 8
9 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Could that list be order of appearance? 

Maybe. It’s definitely not billing. 

Someone with better eyes then mine decoded it like this. I hope KA is nowhere near this ep though...

• Love 1