Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E07: Hitler

• Start Topic

David Hitler. Employee of the week at a Subway-like sandwich store. Awesome.

Jody won't stand out at all in the Grail suit.

I liked the gym where all the vampire hunters were working out. All that training, just to be killed by a junkie vampire.

And Cassidy is gonna be pissed....

Good episode. Gave me quite a few laughs.

Edited by WritinMan
Added stuff!
  • Love 1

I like Starr's new hat. Looks like a condom that hasn't been unrolled yet.

I'm disappointed with Hitler (words that I never thought I'd type). I figured he'd have mellowed out after being in Hell. Somehow the ranting speeches don't have the same impact coming from someone in a Subway Maxi Grinders apron.

Eccarius is a bad, bad person. You would think that his followers might get suspicious after never hearing from their "missionary" friends again. And doesn't the whole "going away to do good vampire work" story sound suspiciously like the "we sent Fido away to live on a farm" story?

• Love 4

"David" come on Hitler you could have come up with a better name than that.

Hitler was disappointing, he didn't do much. He should have worked his way up to Vice President by now. I am surprised that Hitler is still going on about the Jews when there are so many more minorities he could be hating on.

It would have been funny if Hitler had made them each a 12 inch sub to take on their road trip or a party sub so long that all 3 on them had to carry it on their shoulders. Forced marches are hungry work.

You have to go to Japan to get souls when there are armored trucks full of souls wandering the cities of the U.S. Don't you remember, you all ready stole one, so it shouldn't be that much harder to steal with backing of a conglomeration. Plot contrivance.

That was what I thought the vampire was doing, but not sure what would motivate him to do it. It would be better to just start his own vampire cosplay cult and just feed off the rubes. That is what every other TV show does. Just how big is that old lady's basement? Do houses in New Orleans have basements? 

Grandma's bloody napkin seem to hold immense power.

• Love 2

Could someone fill me in? What is the deal with the shape shifting dude in a cape? Is he a vampire himself? Why is he killing his own groupies? and what does he want with Cass?

• Love 1

None of your questions can be "officially" answered. In speculation: as far as I can tell he is a vampire. He seems to hate vampires, but maybe their blood gives him his extra powers. He might genuinely want a friend in Cassidy, or is playing a long con. I'm looking forward to finding out.  

• Love 3
10 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

Do houses in New Orleans have basements? 

Good question. They have a high water table there, so basements would be more of a hassle. I've read that that's why the cemeteries there tend to have more above-ground crypts.

52 minutes ago, showme said:

What is the deal with the shape shifting dude in a cape? Is he a vampire himself? Why is he killing his own groupies? and what does he want with Cass?

He's a vampire. Beyond that is pure speculation. I would guess that he's just using his followers for blood, then killing them afterward to prevent them from becoming inconvenient. As far as Cass, maybe Eccarius is attracted to bad boys.

• Love 3

First things first.

20 hours ago, Sandman87 said:

I like Starr's new hat. Looks like a condom that hasn't been unrolled yet.

I'm disappointed with Hitler (words that I never thought I'd type). I figured he'd have mellowed out after being in Hell. Somehow the ranting speeches don't have the same impact coming from someone in a Subway Maxi Grinders apron.

Eccarius is a bad, bad person. You would think that his followers might get suspicious after never hearing from their "missionary" friends again. And doesn't the whole "going away to do good vampire work" story sound suspiciously like the "we sent Fido away to live on a farm" story?

I would've thought @Sandman87 would have made a comparison between the vampire hunters and the priests and Sister Mary from Lucy, the Daughter of the Devil. You are slipping, friend.

Dang . . . six episodes of no David Hilter, then his story is done for the night before the credits. No commentary about how his methods might have horrified him. No, he rants in German, maps out an empire, and nobody puts two and two together. It's the soul patch, right? The hair below his lip. Der Fuhrer never had that, so there's no way the Subway Blimpie sandwich service guy could possibly be Adolf Hitler come back to life! The thought is preposterous!!! Hey, at least that wasn't as ridiculous as that episode of Timeless, where a young JFK winds up in 2018, and a girl figures out who he is, and basically reveals his future to him.

Main story moves along nicely, and Herr Starr is still a trreasurre. Happy Fun Time Japan Soul Caper should be a lot of fun next week. Cassidy's plot is also interesting, though now we know Eccarius is an asshole. At least he isn't useless, unlike Hoover. How is he still alive? The guy is obviously a cockroach, but you'd think Starr would have killed him by now. The Action Catholics, (thanks, AV Club!) was a nice touch . . . priests and a nun working out on old-school gym equipment works on many levels. The only reason that they get killed is because Cassidy's tolerance for tranquilizers is absurdly high.

Anybody else want a clip of Starr saying "Oompa Loompa" in a loop?

Edited by Lantern7
  • Love 2
On 8/5/2018 at 9:07 PM, WritinMan said:

And Cassidy is gonna be pissed....

I thought when he was trying to glamour the women that they were going to throw their drinks in his face. 

"You and your limp." What a great line reading from the actor. He made it sound like they've argued about that tons of times. 

As much as I'm not feeling the Cassidy plot - How's yours? *jams the needle in the leg* was kind of BAMF. I actually don't care why Eccarius is killing off his 'students' or whatever. He's a vampire. They're bad. Ok. 

I'm also a little leery of the women pulling off the caper next week if they're going to be bickering all the time. Who doesn't at least buy a book or something before getting on a 16 hour flight. 

Not great letting genesis slip in front of TC. 

Great ending though!

Great episode for except two reasons, in my opinion.

1) Tulip's 'badass' attitude has gotten so old, repetitive and annoying that even though I love watching this show and its score, she makes it really hard to watch. Makes me wish The Cowboy would take Tulip to hell too.

2) Cassidy is gay now? It wouldn't be really matter if he was already but out of the sudden starts making out with the vampire guy? That seems forced in.

It's not that I'm against gay characters but how they're shoved in people's face for their sexuality. Take Herr Starr for example, he's gay and it was kept normal and subtle without making a big deal out of it. In fact, Herr Starr is one of my favorite characters in AMC's Preacher. Gay people are like the rest of us humans but on TV they tend to be made 'special'.

3 minutes ago, Philip said:

Cassidy is gay now?

Cassidy has been alive long enough to sleep with whoever wants it. He has been that way for a long time.

5 minutes ago, Philip said:

Take Herr Starr for example, he's gay

Herr Starr wasn't gay, Hoover assumed that Herr Starr was requesting a male prostitute when he actually wanted a female. Herr Starr wasn't upset with the outcome.

• Love 7

Starr isn't gay. He talked about banging young women. He actually requested that and Hoover sent in the dudes. 

Neither is Cassidy. I figured he was basically the Captain Jack of the Preacher universe. 

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Philip said:

2) Cassidy is gay now? It wouldn't be really matter if he was already but out of the sudden starts making out with the vampire guy? That seems forced in

Cassidy has definitely mentioned having had relationships with men. He's bisexual, or perhaps pansexual, although he may be more easily attracted to women.

• Love 2
On 8/6/2018 at 6:16 PM, Lantern7 said:

I would've thought @Sandman87 would have made a comparison between the vampire hunters and the priests and Sister Mary from Lucy, the Daughter of the Devil. You are slipping, friend.

Nah. The Special Clergy were much more entertaining, and had much more screen time, than these throwaways.

8 hours ago, ItCouldBeWorse said:

Cassidy has definitely mentioned having had relationships with men. He's bisexual, or perhaps pansexual, although he may be more easily attracted to women.

Ah, good point. Cassidy said that so it's not out of place as I thought it was, just seemed strange at first due to not remembering he was bisexual.

Anyway, hope that Cass can get back to be with Jesse and Tulip sometime soon.

Saw the episode and -- glory be, I liked it.  The last two have held my attention.  I seem to just not like "young Jesse in the basement" episodes.  Because ~yawn~.

I'm interested in Lestat's villainy with Cassidy's "child".  He knows Cassidy is against the whole thing and his greatest regret is changing his son.  Also, he has seduced Cassidy.  By killing Cassidy's progeny, he is really living up to being "the worst vampire" -- he lulls Cassidy into making her knowing that having done that in the past Cassidy's greatest regret, he seduces Cassidy into being his lover, and then kills the progeny.  I know he kills them anyway but he's been around too long and is too smart for that not to be intentional.

He knows, surely, that Cassidy will eventually want to go "visit" his "daughter." 

Lestat is setting up a narrative that is hard to reconcile other than he's "the worst". 

• Love 2