Type keyword(s) to search

Samantha "Sam" Bledsoe: 'Bot First…

A thread for our adorable welder/hairstylist.  Hope that "Shammie" (name on her salon workshirt, seen in 20.05) never mixes up her two sets of tools, because ouch.

I'm quite happy she wasn't evicted.  If only because I wouldn't want the thread subtitle to be "Robot Offline".

• Love 3
(edited)

Two other photos of Sam that I found floating around Twitter/Tumblr. I wonder if she changed her look on purpose for the show or if it was just weird timing. Apparently the photo of her with blonde hair is only a year old.

DiDAOjpU0AAHdIG.jpg.ccaa4aa5f0a34b778d1ace068a1d0451.jpg

DiCj342U8AAI__i.thumb.jpg.8776af4c431d48de972729f2071f3845.jpg

Edited by HighHopes
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, HighHopes said:

Two other photos of Sam that I found floating around Twitter/Tumblr. I wonder if she changed her look on purpose for the show or if it was just weird timing. Apparently the photo of her with blonde hair is only a year old.

Maybe Sam figured downplaying the hotness might reduce the chance of evoking a kneejerk bitchy-response from the other females in the House..?  Can’t say as I’d disagree.

Why I'm just now in this thread, I don't know.  God knows I had the same reaction to that top photo when I found it.  *sigh*  She's cute and adorable and hot and...yeah.  

Wake up, she’s bringing every ounce of so called hotness that she has right now. In the present is where I live. I have tons of hot pic. Real beauty is from the inside out. Beauty leaves us eventually, but if we are good on the inside people don’t care. I really think Sam has a lot of good qualities but she choose to be judge mental, hypocritical, and down right mean when she feels insecure. Or, when a little temporary power goes straight to her head! She’ll grow up someday. I hope! ?

Being a welder doesn’t make u better than anyone else, I was a welder and am a welding inspector now.! She gives the girls in the oilfield a bad name.Wake up, she’s bringing every ounce of so called hotness that she has right now. In the present is where I live. I have tons of hot pic. Real beauty is from the inside out. Beauty leaves us eventually, but if we are good on the inside people don’t care. I really think Sam has a lot of good qualities but she choose to be judge mental, hypocritical, and down right mean when she feels insecure. Or, when a little temporary power goes straight to her head! She’ll grow up someday. I hope! ?

Who does she save, the Bro (Because Tyler Says So) or the Empowered-but-Endangered woman?  Here's Sam's chance to earn back some of that feminist credibility she squandered on her week of Slut-Shaming as HoH.  Let's see if she takes it…or if she's as much of a hypocrite as she is a puppet.  Yay?

I think Sam is trying to get herself back where she stared, BUT, will she take another 360 turn again if she get’s HOH again ??? Some people don’t seem to be able to handle a little bit of power. Look at Baylee! Wow!! And can u imagine what kind of crap JC would pull as HOH??  Heaven help us all!!

• Love 2

I'm pretty sure Sam will vote to evict the not-so-much Shameless Hussy.  I suspect that with Sam we're all shameless hussies except the one woman she's bosom buddies with for the moment.

Meanwhile, the boys all get a pass a-cause "boys will be boys and jest cain't help themselves." They need Mama Sam to look after 'em and perteck 'em from all us hussies........

Spoiler
Spoiler

and, no, she don't wanna fuck 'em, either. Well.........mostly not.

after she's finished scrubbing out the bathroom, of course.

ETA:  I'll bet Sam's wet dream is to be the last woman standing in a house full of guys.

Edited by Skycatcher
  • Love 2
(edited)
16 hours ago, Skycatcher said:

I'm pretty sure Sam will vote to evict the not-so-much Shameless Hussy

Spoiler

She told Tyler on Sunday night's BBAD that she would do whatever he wants.  Because "I'd be proud to lose to you." Oh, vomit!

Apparently, Aunt Sam's thoughts about "empowered women" extend only as far as giving them a chance to play in the Veto.  Because she thinks BB is limited to the comps, and nothing more complex.

Her brain couldn't empower a flashlight, I swear.  So depressing.

ETA:  Yup.

Edited by Halting Hex
  • Love 2
12 minutes ago, Runningwild said:

Where did she learn about curb stomping and blood holes? I don’t think it was Staunton or Stuarts Draft. 

You’ve apparently never hung out in a podunk Southern town on a Saturday night when the kids are parking and hanging out; fights are par for the course.  

Frankly, I doubt small Northern towns are all that much different - but I can’t speak to them from direct experience.  :)

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Runningwild said:

Where did she learn about curb stomping and blood holes? I don’t think it was Staunton or Stuarts Draft. 

Well, it is Virginia and her brother lives in Charlottesville.  Just the other day, he spoke out against the things that happened there a year ago (which was the same day as his birthday).  She may very well have heard about the ugliness of white supremacist idiocy while growing up there.  You don’t have to be a part of it to learn about it.  I learned about neo-Nazi tattoos while working in the ER.  Obviously, I don’t have one (or any tattoos for that matter), but I would recognize one.  I can’t remember where I first heard about curb stomping, but I know it was also shown in the movie “American History X.”  

Blood holes is a new one to me.  

It’s weird not knowing what started that conversation.  It was a very dark edit of Sam.

• Love 1

Even knowing the premise of BB, I know I'd end up feeling like Sam seems to -- shocked that people lie, hurt that trust is broken, confused that people care more about winning than relationships.   It's part of the game, but so against my nature that I'd be a big sobbing embarrassment.  

I thought the stomping comments were bizarre, but meant to be OTT to freak Tyler out - her way of letting him know she has some feisty-ness left in her.  That said, I'd never heard any of those terms before and refuse to look them up - that visual, whatever it may actually entail, is not something I want floating around in my head.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, phlebas said:

I would be in love if I had only seen her pics and watched her be a robot. 

I do feel bad for her. She's clearly in some sort of distress.

She really needs to go to the jury house.

9 minutes ago, phlebas said:

Can they bring a therapist to the jury house?

I'm pretty sure they have one for each HG as they get evicted. So that person is likely "on call' as needed during jury time as well.

On 8/12/2018 at 11:34 PM, Nashville said:

You’ve apparently never hung out in a podunk Southern town on a Saturday night when the kids are parking and hanging out; fights are par for the course.  

Frankly, I doubt small Northern towns are all that much different - but I can’t speak to them from direct experience.  :)

I did hear that term in Ok once when visiting a friend. ??

• Love 1

If you have ever seen the curb stomping video you might not take her comments so lightly. 

People should be outraged about curb stomping and stomping mud holes in chests, not brag that you know all about them or say you could do it if mad enough. 

Something I noticed and wondered if anyone has an opinion about... she wears a black ring 3rd finger right hand- sort of opposite to being a wedding ring. In my circle that means lifestyle. I have heard it also (once) to mean asexual which is 180 degrees from lifestyle. 

Do we know anything about her dating life or relationships?

On 8/16/2018 at 7:50 PM, Oinky Boinky said:

If you have ever seen the curb stomping video you might not take her comments so lightly. 

People should be outraged about curb stomping and stomping mud holes in chests, not brag that you know all about them or say you could do it if mad enough. 

“Seen the video”???  Uh-huh.  Worse than that rolls through the doors of an ER on any given Saturday night after midnight, and that ain’t video.  The phrase “nothing good happens after 2AM” comes from ER staff just as much as it does the police.

And regarding “stomping mud holes in chests”: in case somebody is laboring under the misconception that “stomping a mudhole” in somebody refers to literal attempts to introduce dirt-and-water-filled depressions in people’s thoracic cavities - it simply refers to a good old-fashioned serious ass-kicking.  Just wanted to set people’s minds at rest, should there be any misconception on that point.  ;>

On 8/16/2018 at 7:50 PM, Oinky Boinky said:

Something I noticed and wondered if anyone has an opinion about... she wears a black ring 3rd finger right hand- sort of opposite to being a wedding ring. In my circle that means lifestyle. I have heard it also (once) to mean asexual which is 180 degrees from lifestyle. 

Do we know anything about her dating life or relationships?

Lifestyle?  

You're using this word to mean something different from what I know it to mean. What kind of lifestyle are you talking about?

Edited by backformore
55 minutes ago, backformore said:

Lifestyle?  

You're using this word to mean something different from what I know it to mean. What kind of lifestyle are you talking about?

Not to mention, in some other cultures and countries, they wear their wedding bands on their right hand.  

She's not married though.  She wears a ring on the third finger of both hands.  I know others who do as well.  It's the "ring" finger.  I suppose it's where most people wear a ring on either hand if they happen to have two rings they like, which are sized exclusively for the ring finger.  

I wouldn't read too much into it.

On 8/13/2018 at 12:34 AM, Nashville said:

Lived in Staunton, Grottoes, Waynesboro, and Charlottesville. Fights aren’t really par for the course. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Runningwild said:

Lived in Staunton, Grottoes, Waynesboro, and Charlottesville. Fights aren’t really par for the course. 

We might have radically different opinions of what constitutes “podunk”; of the towns you mentioned, I’d think only Grottoes might make that cut.  Five-digit populations are WAY outta there.  ;)

I specify only because it really does make a difference in terms of what’s available for the cruising kids to do on a weekend night; get out in the towns with pops under 8-10K, and there’s usually nothing - and I mean nothing - for the kids to do.  Nothing except:

• Cruise the main drag, and the 1 or 2 quasi-sizable retail parking lots.
  • Go out to “the lake” or on the back roads - whatever passes for the local out-of-sight congregation location - and smoke/drink whatever they can get their hands on.
  • After you get your load on, go back to town and cruise some more.
  • Get into trouble: trouble for drinking, trouble for drinking and driving, trouble for drinking and getting in fights when they AREN’T driving, and trouble for being in places they shouldn’t - and that pretty much covers everywhere, simply because the town isn’t big enough to support a community center or other such place where it IS okay for teens to hang out after hours.

...and yeahhh, that pretty much covers most every junior high/high school night of MY life, which were invariably spent in different zip codes of Podunksville (population 1K-7K, depending).  Looking back, it’s a wonder I made it out alive.  :)

• Love 2

But that’s where Sam hangs out - Staunton and Charlottesville. Trust me, I worked at Wright’s Dairy-Rite in Staunton and they cruise up and down Greenville Avenue. When you get older, you barhop in downtown Staunton. 

There wasn't that much fighting.

FYI - when I was 19, I dated a guy in Stuarts Draft. Again, not a lot of fighting. Mostly just teenage pregnancies. 

Maybe Northern towns are a lot different. 

Edited by Runningwild
  • Love 1

This is waaay off topic from BB, but Virginia and North Carolina look like they could get pummeled by Hurricane Florence if it stalls off the coast and brings rain for days.  

I hope the computer models are wrong and that Sam’s hometown and the rest of the area don’t get devastated like areas hit by days and days of Harvey last year.  

Edited by GalvDuck
Typo
  • Love 2

She was recruited, so chances are she wouldn't know much about previous casts. Who knows? She may really lose her shit once this is all over, but for now I like her. I think she's naturally cute. I'll eat my words, if need be.

• Love 1
54 minutes ago, Cherry Cola said:

Why is she so ready to blow all the time? I don't get it.  She lives with a fairly decent cast...better than other seasons.  Just plain anger issues? I can't figure her out. 

Dont think this really gets into spoiler territory - pure background, nothing to do with the active game - but just in case:

Spoiler

As @mikewho indicated, Sam was apparently recruited (based off a recruiter seeing some Instagram photos) and she was the greenest of the green - never watched BB to any measurable degree, and had ZERO idea what life in the House would really be like.  And the kindest thing which can be said is the recruiter, in talking Sam into participating, DRASTICALLY misrepresented what life in the House would be like.  Sam was told, “it’ll be just like summer camp”. Maybe that explains part of her obsession with arts and crafts...?  ;)

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, Nashville said:

And the kindest thing which can be said is the recruiter, in talking Sam into participating, DRASTICALLY misrepresented what life in the House would be like.  Sam was told, “it’ll be just like summer camp”. Maybe that explains part of her obsession with arts and crafts...?  ;)

I don't think it gets into spoiler territory. The season is almost over, and it doesn't say anything about future events.

Sounds like Goldie Hawn being duped in Private Benjamin. 'I did sign up for the army, but not THIS army. I signed up for the army with the condos, and the brunches, and the spas...'

If it's true what the recruiter told her, no wonder she lost her shit once she got there.

• Love 2