Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E01 Good Police

15 minutes ago, WednesdayAddams said:

The new cops look like they're a part of a cult.

I hope we learn more about how Harlee was rescued and what Stahl did in the immediate after math.

We should, this is the final season after all.

• Love 3

I enjoyed the episode and I'm happy the show is back, but I did wish it had picked up where last season had ended. I definitely wanted to see Harlee rescued. I never liked her bf but finally, just when I start to find him good looking, he dies, heh. This happens a lot in TV land for me. 

• Love 5
(edited)
48 minutes ago, jewel21 said:

I'm happy the show is back, but I did wish it had picked up where last season had ended. I definitely wanted to see Harlee rescued.   

Agree. I thought the episode was kinda all over the place because they picked up 4 months later.  I was disappointed there was no creepy Stahl and even more disappointed that Nava was killed in the first ep. I like Gino Anthony Pesi so I'm going to miss seeing his handsome face.

I don't care for the other set of dirty cops. They seem a bit too "cartoonish". No Christina - yay!

Edited by juliet73
  • Love 3
(edited)
8 hours ago, WednesdayAddams said:

I hope we learn more about how Harlee was rescued and what Stahl did in the immediate after math.

I thought they did address this. Didn't Stahl find Harlee and call 911 after trying to stop the bleeding from her cut wrists? It was said Stahl wanted her alive so she would continue to think/obsess about him. We did get a glimpse of his face when "he" turned around and Harlee shot "him." Just the wrong "him."

I love this show and enjoy the story and the acting and the characters. Two complaints about this episode though. (Well, three if you count killing Nava, I REALLY liked him.) 1. Wouldn't Woz be aware of those other cops? Especially since they are so obviously bad and in Woz's territory. And the lead bad cop is so OTT bad ass, Woz had to have met him/know him. They should have been at Sap's funeral, too, since all of Woz's crew was at their guy's burial. 2. No way would/should Harlee follow that creepy ginger guy into the subway much less get on a train when she's going to meet Nava and the guy she had hidden. I mean, why follow him? What was she suppose to find if she did? That part made absolutely no sense, except then Nava and the other guy could get murdered.

1 hour ago, juliet73 said:

No Christina - yay!

A big YES to this from me, too.

Edited by saber5055
  • Love 2
14 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

Wouldn't Woz be aware of those other cops? Especially since they are so obviously bad and in Woz's territory. And the lead bad cop is so OTT bad ass, Woz had to have met him/know him. They should have been at Sap's funeral, too, since all of Woz's crew was at their guy's burial.

THIS!!!  

15 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

No way would/should Harlee follow that creepy ginger guy into the subway much less get on a train when she's going to meet Nava and the guy she had hidden. I mean, why follow him? What was she suppose to find if she did? That part made absolutely no sense, except then Nava and the other guy could get murdered.

I don't think she was chasing the creepy ginger...I think she was chasing Stahl - meaning she thought the creepy ginger was Stahl.  Just like in the beginning - she mistakenly shot that one guy thinking it was Stahl.  

• Love 9
12 minutes ago, juliet73 said:

I don't think she was chasing the creepy ginger...I think she was chasing Stahl - meaning she thought the creepy ginger was Stahl.  Just like in the beginning - she mistakenly shot that one guy thinking it was Stahl.  

Oh, okay. Then THAT I can understand. Thanks for clearing that one up.

• Love 1

Was the guy she was chasing at the end for sure Creepy Ginger? She clearly thought it was Stahl but we never got a good look one way or the other--I don't even think it matters at this point if it was him or not, the point was that her obsession with catching him inadvertently led to Nava being killed.

Agree that the new crop of bad cops are all over-the-top cartoon characters. The guy playing their captain is especially terrible.

I might be forgetting some details from the last season, but was it ever explained why Tess and Tufo got demoted? I know internal affairs was on their butts but I can't remember anything about those two specifically being singled out. I thought it would be covered this episode but I don't think it was?

Definitely bummed this is the last season. I never expected to be so riveted by a cop show starring JLo but here we are. Looking forward to one last hurrah of crazy twists and turns.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, helenamonster said:

Definitely bummed this is the last season. I never expected to be so riveted by a cop show starring JLo but here we are. Looking forward to one last hurrah of crazy twists and turns.

THIS! This show does an amazing job of keeping me on the edge of my seat. 

• Love 11
14 hours ago, jewel21 said:

THIS! This show does an amazing job of keeping me on the edge of my seat. 

Totally agree. This is the best show on tv IMO. I'm sorry it's the last season, but I guess that's better than dragging it out and going with stupid writing to just make up one more season. I'm looking at you, Blacklist.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, BuckeyeLou said:

I know this has been stated before, but JLo & Ray Liotta have such great chemistry, that's half the show for me...I like watching their inter-actions, a push & pull of both Love & Hate

I completely agree. I heard about the show, & I was totally intrigued by that pairing, both onscreen & offscreen. Ray Liotta avoids the spotlight, for the most part, & JLo is like a talented, Kardashian-lite, about getting the media to notice her. Onscreen, I can't believe how good & believable they are together. I wouldn't have ever believed a total rough guy like him, & a beautiful, girly girl like her (JLo, not Harley) would mesh, but they do. Ray Liotta is probably the onscreen partner she has the best chemistry with of any other actor in any other project. It's really, really good, shockingly. The show is really good, too. I'm sorry it's ending, but when I heard it was premiering in summer, I figured that was the swan song. 

Poor Nava, I'd been spoiled, but it was still a gut-punch. 

• Love 8

Jlo and George Clooney had great chemistry together in that movie they made about 10 years ago called Out of Sight, trust me. Know what, she isn't such a bad actress after all. I love this series, and Ray Liotta just KILLS IT. Damn, poor Nava, lady cops are simply not allowed to have any kind of love life on television are they? 

• Love 5
9 hours ago, atlantaloves said:

Jlo and George Clooney had great chemistry together in that movie they made about 10 years ago called Out of Sight, trust me.

That movie?  20 years old. It came out in 1998.

Please join me, everyone, if that makes you feel old because you remember it coming out.

This episode had me all confused because of all of the time jumps.  Normally, I can handle that but I barely remember what happened last season so in trying to figure out who people are and whether we're six months after the events of last season or years....I felt a bit lost. I hope I'll start to get the hang of it soon.

• Love 4