Type keyword(s) to search

Season 20: Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, zorak said:

Kaitlyn:  "Just know that my vote is going to depend on what information you choose to share with me in the next 24 hours."  He really has been unwilling to throw out names of people despited her repeated attempts to get it out of him.

She just really wants those names and Brett is not throwing anyone under the bus.

Oh, LOL, I turned back to the Brett/Kaitlyn convo from listening to Rachel/Angela, and...Kaitlyn believes that a bunch of people want to cut Brett's dick off for his veto speech.

• Love 2
Just now, peachmangosteen said:

Angela suggested that later down the line her and Rachel should pretend like they like Brett and pretend fight over him lol.

LOL, I'm willing to bet that doesn't work well.

I do think one of them is getting evicted by early jury.

• Love 2

Sam is telling Faysal that if Brett stays, he's a bigger target than Faysal.  She also says that another way of thinking about it is that Winston is not a threat and could be beaten more easily, but nothing is a guarantee.  She says if Winston stays, people might rather put up Faysal before Winston, because Faysal is a bigger threat.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

First of all, I refuse to believe Winston's whispering if ever hear-able lol. Also, I really should start using headphones. 

Trust me, they don't help. The audio is weirdly jacked, moreso today than any other day that I've noticed. I had my volume up at 80 (I usually have it around 20) and I still couldn't hear Bayleigh and Tyler talking normally in the lounge. And then JC sang, the little shit, and I got blasted from Fish. The deafness wasn't worth it.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, peachmangosteen said:

That's the thing, I have to have the volume cranked up so loud just to hear them speaking normally and then Bayleigh snorts or the fish come on and my ears are shot. So annoying.

Trust me: headphones are your best friend. I mean, you still gotta raise the volume a bit, but this season, I couldn't survive without headphones. 

I'm loving the different dynamics today. Fessy/Sam are a good duo together. Sam's game talk is decent. 

Why the fuck am I getting upset over Winston's eviction this Thursday? This is stupid. I didn't really like him until recently. 

I don't really want anyone but Rockstar to leave, now. 

• Love 3

Kaitlyn just told Rockstar that she will shit bricks if Brett stays.  Well, she better get that Preparation H ready.

Angela didn't know who Kurt Cobain is. I just.

I'm pretty sure one of the other girls (maybe Haleigh?) didn't know either.

• Love 5
36 minutes ago, zorak said:

Angela says that if there were 8 people left in the competition, she would say to get rid of Brett now.  She also points out that he is a big target right now.

I'm still holding out hope for Sam to use her power, but in the absence of that, this is the right way to go imo.

22 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

No, everyone's complaining about it online. They don't seem to have gotten new mics in years. They really need to put their budget toward new mics. They really need to move with the times, and I think they probably are too lazy to go figure out new mics. 

Naked and Afraid is another of my guilty pleasures, and they wear necklace-only mikes that seem to work much better than the ginormous rig w/battery packs BB uses, plus they go swimming all the time without issues. To be fair, that show isn't on a live feed, but still: TPTB, this show is a fucking cash cow. Upgrade to necklaces. Pls and thx.

20 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

To no surprise, Kaitlyn's already talking about keeping Brett and being the "swing vote again". No doubt she's manifesting her next HOH win by being the flip vote, since it's already happened twice now.

"I'm changing my vote to the forgone conclusion because I'm super special, intuitive, and magical, and that will compel the universe to give me more power." I'm not going to ask to live on Kaitlyn's planet, because I generally enjoy our Earth logic. But I wouldn't be sad about a shipment of whatever she's taking.

17 minutes ago, zorak said:

Kaitlyn:  "My legs are really shaking.  What am I trying to be told?"  Her chakras and auras must be on the fritz.

Pretty sure they're desperately clamoring for a shagging, and tragically destined to be disappointed. But what do I know?

• Love 3
(edited)

I'm not sure if Rockstar's brain was short circuiting or if she was having a "hit" à la Kaitlyn, but she was looking like this for more than a few seconds.

Rockstar stare.png

Edited by zorak
  • Love 4

Not saying she's hideous or anything, but I don't see Angela as this stunning beauty. But to be fair, I think it's just because whenever I look at her all I see is her badly applied mascara.

I'm not for sure but I think they are fake eyelashes.

• Love 2

Not saying she's hideous or anything, but I don't see Angela as this stunning beauty. But to be fair, I think it's just because whenever I look at her all I see is her badly applied mascara.

Angela kind of reminds me of Duchess Kate (Middleton). Where I can't pinpoint what's unattractive about her but the net result is that I don't find her pretty.

• Love 4

Brett is telling Tyler about his talk with Kaitlyn.  He says he's not stupid.  He could see a whole bunch of people lined up in the reflection listening to their convo.  He says he knows they're plotting some shit against him.

6 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

Angela kind of reminds me of Duchess Kate (Middleton). Where I can't pinpoint what's unattractive about her but the net result is that I don't find her pretty.

I think it's the lack of (publicly displayed) personality in both cases. 

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I tuned in right at that moment and was like wtf. Are we getting that old or are kids just stupid these days?

14 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Talk about the blind leading the blind!

They're eating pancakes so naturally I'm gonna have to have pancakes tomorrow.

They did look delicious and I had the same thought.  I remember when I bought a digornio pizza because Of this show and it freaking sucked! 

• Love 4

Now Kaitlyn is asking what this brief convo Tyler just had with Brett was about.  She wants to know if Tyler is going to vote to keep Brett.  He says no.

• Love 1

Kaitlyn all baby-voiced, "Are you gonna vote to keep him?" Tyler, "No. You told me not to. I'm gonna do what you said." So, how is he getting out of this lol.

1 minute ago, gunderda said:

They did look delicious and I had the same thought.  I remember when I bought a digornio pizza because Of this show and it freaking sucked! 

I am always buying the stuff I see them eat. It's a real problem. Also, yes, digornio pizzas are horrible.

• Love 3

Brett just shit talked Kaitlyn to Tyler. Then Kaitlyn came in after Brett left to ask Tyler what that conversation was about.

Kaitlyn says she's not voting for Brett to stay still. I guess because he gave her nothing.

Tyler's lying straight to her face.

Kaitlyn all baby-voiced, "Are you gonna vote to keep him?" Tyler, "No. You told me not to. I'm gonna do what you said." So, how is he getting out of this lol.

He's not. He's just done with dealing with her drama...so he's lying so he can prolong it until Thursday night, and then he'll figure it out.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, IndyMischa said:

I think it's the lack of (publicly displayed) personality in both cases. 

True. I sometimes wonder if Duchess Kate will ever do something besides smile and wave. Apparently not.

• Love 2
(edited)
On 7/16/2018 at 2:01 PM, Callaphera said:

I know, right? It's always my answer whenever anyone gifts me money and then asks what I'm going to do with it. "Hookers and blow, man. Hookers and blow."

ETA: Y'all might think I'm kidding but I am 100% serious. Er, not about the hookers or the blow but just saying it. I'm an odd duck. 

I work for a global religious non-profit that leans towards conservatism. A while back, though, when I went downstairs to pick up my direct deposit pay stub, both of the payroll guys, who are the entire department, were out at the reception desk while one of them was momentarily filling in at the front desk. After one of them handed me my check I said, "Great! The hookers and blow aren't going to pay for themselves, you know!" It took them a couple of seconds to process that they had heard me correctly and then they started laughing. Since they have piercings and tattoos, I figured I could get away with it. Also, we're in a large metropolitan area, too, and about half of us in the building are liberals. Still, I need to gauge my audience before letting my dark sense of humor show.

(I got in trouble a few months ago for joking in an email about putting a little toy horse head in the drawer of the finance director's desk like in The Godfather. Finance director, who did not know she was about to be fired, and whom the entire department despised and had been working on getting rid of for months, found it on ex-admin. assistant's computer and brought it to the attention of HR because she felt that it could be viewed as a threat since I mentioned The Godfather as context. Seriously. HR needed to cover their behinds so that we could all make a clean break from her and she couldn't claim harassment, so I had to sign a piece of paper about how that was harassing behavior and not to use work computers for stuff like that. I made everyone in the department laugh later when I said that it was a good thing I hadn't written that someone needed to drop a house on her like in The Wizard of Oz!)

Edited by Scout Finch
  • Love 8

Oh man. Tyler is trying to hint at Winston's eviction to Kaitlyn. She doesn't seem to get it yet.

Kaitlyn's still convinced JC has the power and is trying to figure out the third. She named Tyler as one who doesn't have it. LOL.

• Love 2

Tyler got called to "exchange his microphone" just as Rockstar walks in on him, Kaitlyn, and Haleigh conversing. It may be the truth, but it was also an escape.

Sam/Brett/Winston are chatting in the Have Not room. Sam's still a little cranky, and Winston's trying so, so hard with Sam. He's genuinely trying to be nice to grumpy Sam. 

Sam left and now Winston's on the HN bed with Brett.

• Love 2
(edited)
12 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Sam/Brett/Winston are chatting in the Have Not room. Sam's still a little cranky, and Winston's trying so, so hard with Sam. He's genuinely trying to be nice to grumpy Sam.

I realized now that Sam is going through nicotine withdrawal. I don’t smoke, but I have travelled with people who do before and when they go through it they get super grumpy too. That on top of being a have-not must be wearing on Sam. Houseguests have obviously gone through it before, but I think Sam is the only smoker this season right? 

Edited by HighHopes
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, HighHopes said:

I realized now that Sam is going through nicotine withdrawal. I don’t smoke, but I have travelled with people who do before and when they go through it they get super grumpy too. That on top of being a have-not must be wearing on Sam. Houseguests have obviously gone through it before, but I think Sam is the only smoker this season right? 

No Rockstar and Steve (evicted) are also smokers.

1 minute ago, HighHopes said:

I realized now that Sam is going through nicotine withdrawal. I don’t smoke, but I have travelled with people who do before and when they go through it they get super grumpy too. That on top of being a have-not must be wearing on Sam. Houseguests have obviously gone through it before, but I think Sam is the only smoker his season right? 

Well, Steve was, but yeah, she says she prefers to vape but BB won't let her. 

It's why I'm giving her a pass on her crankiness, at least today. She admitted as such that she was cranky and she didn't really want to be. I also appreciate Winston apologizing for forgetting. 

Winston/Brett talking. Winston knows he's a goner because people don't like him and are ignoring him. He also is convinced Scottie is not a virgin because he listens to Nirvana.

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Winston/Brett talking. Winston knows he's a goner because people don't like him and are ignoring him. He also is convinced Scottie is not a virgin because he listens to Nirvana.

Um.

That's not how it works, Doctor Winston. 

• Love 14

Tyler is an amazing listener. He literally spends hours listening to Kaitlyn or Sam. As soon as he senses he may be losing one of them , he puts his time in. He asks questions, engages. At this point, I think he enjoys hearing about sams life more than hearing Kaitlyn go on about her hits, intuitions, general greatness.

• Love 5

Yeah, it's funny, Tyler really has been killing it, and yet he's not nearly in as good of a place as he could be because of that nutjob, Kaitlyn. Which, to be fair, he himself put himself into his current situation with her, so demerits to him for that, but still. 

Actually, looking back at it, I think Tyler snapping up Kaitlyn has still been a net positive for him so far. "So far," of course, is the operative term. 

• Love 4
10 hours ago, zorak said:

Rockstar climbed all the way to the top of the rock climbing wall and is now stuck up there because she's scared to come down.

Rockstar wall.png

It pains me more than a little to cut Pinky any slack, but truth this sort of thing is not at all uncommon among first-time climbers - especially those with a previously unknown (or unacknowledged) fear of heights.

8 hours ago, Skycatcher said:

LOL -  shades of Sheldon Cooper, another well known narcissist.

Damned if the exact same thought didn’t go through my head. :D

7 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

The interesting part of that convo to me is that Winston said Tyler was really close to everyone in the alliance and that he had influence over the alliance. I imagined Tyler really hated hearing that.

If anything, Winston’s comment probably just cemented Tyler’s resolve to get Winston booted.  Nicole made an eerily similar remark to Derrick in BB16; she actually intended it as a compliment, but her acute (and accurate) observation on Derrick’s level of House control triggered Derrick’s paranoia and got her targeted for eviction.

7 hours ago, IndyMischa said:

Do they only have one set of safety gear? Because if not, the other climber houseguests are assholes for not helping her. I can't stand her(!!), but that's sucktastic behavior. 

Actually, that would probably be a good way to get two people hurt.  Based on what Sam was describing, those automatic belay lines trip the brakes if the line pays out too quickly - like when a person is falling - and they are geared to lower one person pretty gently to the ground.  If Pinky were to grab on to a rescuer in panic and took both of them off the wall, then two people would be more weight than the belay on one line is geared to lower successfully - BUT the one line might slow down their descent enough to keep the second line’s brakes from engaging.  In which case both would come down hard.

In any case, there was no need for anybody to panic; one way or another, Pinky was going to come off that wall - whether she wanted to or not.  ;>

2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

You realize Angela was 2 when Kurt died, right?  :)

2 hours ago, zorak said:

I'm not sure if Rockstar's brain was short circuiting or if she was having a "hit" à la Kaitlyn, but she was looking like this for more than a few seconds.

Rockstar stare.png

I’m guessing Charles Nelson Reilly’s ghost just ran through her.

• Love 12
3 hours ago, gunderda said:

I wonder if necklace mics only work if you have boom mics to go along with them. 

The necklace mics are blue-tooth connected to a single camera. Not sure BB could use those with all the cameras they have, it would be a nightmare trying to synch them.

• Love 1