Type keyword(s) to search

Season 20: Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Brian Cronin said:

Bayleigh's app supersedes Tyler's, right? He has to decide BEFORE nominations, so she could shock him by having him go up now. 

It's shocking that Kaitlyn's departure actually does weaken S6. It shouldn't, because she should not have been still part of that alliance and yet moronically she was. She really seemed to think, "Oh, I'll just vote Swaggy out but then we'll all be cool with each other, right?"

His can be used at either ceremony, though. And, if he uses his and she uses hers, he doesn't go up so his kind of beats hers. Though how that all works out, I have no idea. One of them would have to be told that either Tyler can't use his power or Bayleigh can't nominate Tyler. I wonder what would transpire if that was the case. I assume they have a plan in place (maybe Bayleigh has to name her top three to go up on the block for the nomination ceremony). 

I think, with Kaitlyn's eviction, this could be a turning point in the season. Without Kaitlyn, there's no big target to focus on. S6 is down to S4+Scottie, yeah, but Tyler also doesn't have a for sure vote on his side anymore. Plus, JC has shown to be more independent than he would like. Add to the fact that L5 girls are branching out with the S4 girls and I could see some alliances shifting. However, it all depends on who wins HOH tonight. If it's someone like Tyler or Brett, the L5 girls will stick to their alliance, but push for a Fessy eviction. If someone like Bayleigh or Rockstar wins, I could see the L5 girls pushing for JC and one of the other boys to go up, but that would mean pushing for Tyler or Brett to go up, and I'm not sure which one they'd want up next to JC (though Rockstar would put up Brett anyway). Fessy would do whatever Haleigh tells him to do, which means Tyler/Brett noms (and Tyler would surely use his power to guarantee himself jury). 

However, if someone like JC wins HOH? I think that could be interesting. Who would JC's target be, in that case? Rachel? 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Brian Cronin said:

Right, but it still has to be used BEFORE the ceremony, right? So I think he can still be nominated via Bay's power if he doesn't think to use his ahead of time, which he won't, since he is likely trying to protect himself from the backdoor. 

So what happens if Tyler thinks he might be nominated by the HoH, takes a seat on his Cloud of Safety, and Bayleigh had already named him as one of her nominees with her app. Obviously he would still be safe but would she have to name a third HG?

10 minutes ago, Brian Cronin said:

Bayleigh's app supersedes Tyler's, right? He has to decide BEFORE nominations, so she could shock him by having him go up now.

I would think so, although the last time she talked about it Bayleigh said she planned to nominate Rachel/Angela with her power if L5 wins HoH.

1 minute ago, TwistedandBored said:

Production is so shook right now that they are holding the life feeds hostage. 

Honestly, this is the most I have been interested in them. So, they better go live soon. 

Apparently, the HOH comp is JUST starting, according to Vegasforsure.

SERIOUSLY?!?! It's been two and a half hours since the show ended and they're just starting?! We missed all the drama?!?!

It's also a crapshoot so feeds will be back within the next half hour, for sure.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Callaphera said:
Crap shoot?

They've never had a practice round before HOH before.

It makes me wonder if the theory on Reddit about this being a team HOH is true. 

Or production needed a couple of hours to calm down from the unexpected twist of Kaitlyn losing. Seriously, for a show that has a mantra of "expect the unexpected", they're the ones who got blindsided this week.

• Love 6
(edited)

Vegasforsure is doing running commentary on the comp on their Twitter feed, if anyone is interested

ETA: Well, it seemed like they were. Guess not. Ugh, stop being a One Tweet Wonder when I need a full break down and analysis, ten pages, doubled spaced.

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 2

By "supersedes Tyler's," what I meant is that Tyler has to say before the nomination ceremony if he wants to use his power. Since he doesn't know what power Bayleigh has, he would not use it if, say, Brett was HoH. But then Bayleigh could use her power to nominate him, right?

I don't know if winning HoH now would be a good thing for Bayleigh. She can't be on anyone's radar right now ,can she?

• Love 1
(edited)
3 minutes ago, Brian Cronin said:

I don't know if winning HoH now would be a good thing for Bayleigh. She can't be on anyone's radar right now ,can she?

But think about it: she would be in power this week and then potentially use her Power App the week after that to get the person who escaped her the first time. That would be pretty fun.

Oh, except for that bit above about Rachel/Angela. Bayleigh, I need you to leave Rachel for my entertainment. I'm still putting my hopes on a Rachel/Scottie final 2.

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, Brian Cronin said:

By "supersedes Tyler's," what I meant is that Tyler has to say before the nomination ceremony if he wants to use his power. Since he doesn't know what power Bayleigh has, he would not use it if, say, Brett was HoH. But then Bayleigh could use her power to nominate him, right?

Her winning HOH tonight would get her to jury 100%, so that's good for her. Plus, she can save her power for another week. It will show her cards, though, so she will have to finally choose a side to align with.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Callaphera said:

But think about it: she would be in power this week and then potentially use her Power App the week after that to get the person who escaped her the first time. That would be pretty fun.

What is her power, I forgot. 

Just now, Wings said:

What is her power, I forgot. 

She gets to name two people for eviction and the HoH's key box gets hacked to show Bayleigh's noms on the memory wall instead of the HoH's.

• Love 1
Just now, Callaphera said:

Does jury start next week? Does that mean Rockstar made jury? Damn it!

It should. If there's nine jurors like always, jury always starts on the sixth evicted houseguest. Well, Rockstar can still technically get evicted this week :)

• Love 1
Just now, Lady Calypso said:

It should. If there's nine jurors like always, jury always starts on the sixth evicted houseguest. Well, Rockstar can still technically get evicted this week :)

Anyone who pulls the "I just wanted to make jury" whine should be an automatic boot the week before jury.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Anyone who pulls the "I just wanted to make jury" whine should be an automatic boot the week before jury.

God yes and automatic slop for a week. 

• Love 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, vb68 said:

Dayum I thought it would be much easier than that.

There was no way on earth they could have made that so-called puzzle easier.

2 hours ago, zorak said:

Sam of the "I mean what I say and I say what I mean" mantra claiming to be sorry at the end of the episode.  Whatever.  You wanted her gone, own up to it!

No Sam was clearing explaining how the power worked and that it was never a battleback between evictees to a rather dense Bayleigh who probably was still wondering where Swaggy was.  You could hear I think it was Brett concurring as well that it was a solo thing.  Meanwhile Bayleigh was sitting there close to tears with a shocked look on her face.

2 hours ago, vb68 said:

I wonder how many of them could have completed that after getting evicted. Not too many I suspect.

The eviction was not a shock in that they all knew there was some sort of competition after.  No excuse.  Kaitlyn totally choked.

2 hours ago, Brian Cronin said:

Yeah, they know they screwed up big time. However, as Peach notes, how much time could it really take someone to do that easy puzzle? Very embarrassing on Kaitlyn's part.

About 30 seconds.  They gave Kaitlyn 2 minutes extra padding to make sure and she still couldn't do it.

2 hours ago, Lonesome Rhodes said:

i honestly do not understand why they didn't just make it an automatic nullification of the eviction.

Not good entertainment.  "Kaitlyn you are out. Oh yeah I mean Kaitlyn you are still in."  Go to credits. 

Edited by green
  • Love 2
(edited)

Y'all. Kaitlyn's already on Instagram and already hiding from the Internet.

ETA: n/m, I think it might be a troll account but I can't tell for sure.

Edited by Callaphera
Just now, katifantastico said:

Bayleigh HOH

Damn, that is not good.  Swaggy will be all over the internet all week long now.  I mean more than he usually is.

• Love 1

The bright side to Bayleigh winning HOH is that she's guaranteed jury, which means two more months of her not with Swaggy, which means she could get over him faster by the time finale rolls around. 

Also, a Bayleigh HOH isn't great for MY entertainment, because now we're getting a smug Rockstar all week. And now Rockstar's guaranteed jury. 

1 minute ago, PoshSprinkles said:

Great. We get to lose Brett or Tyler this week. </3

On the bright side, Brett might get evicted and be with his bro?

Though Tyler, for his sake, will want to ensure he gets to jury so he doesn't need to deal with Kaitlyn for two more months.

Ok, well I know Haleigh/Rockstar are safe from the block this week, and likely Kaycee as well, so I can only hope that Tyler uses his power at the Veto ceremony because he knows he's being backdoored.

Since the Bonus Life failed miserably for production, they won't let the next power go to waste. 

I'm hoping for a JC or Sam eviction this week, which would probably happen realistically, and this is for my own personal enjoyment. In my dreams, Fessy or Rockstar would be evicted. In reality, Brett's probably a goner.

(edited)

Seems Sam will stay off the hit list this week, oddly.  Speaking of odd, what was up with her 1951 Ajax commercial garb tonight?  

Edited by Wings
  • Love 3
Just now, Wings said:

Seems Sam will stay off the hit list this week, oddly.  Speaking of odd, what was up with her 1957 Ajax commercial garb tonight?  

it was an homage to Rosie the Riveter, a symbol from WW II of homefront women who worked in armament factories (this was real deal and they kicked butt).   

• Love 11
1 minute ago, Wings said:

Seems Sam will stay off the hit list this week, oddly.  Speaking of odd, what was up with her 1957 Ajax commercial garb tonight?  

I'm willing to bet Sam was thinking of this as her inspiration:

We-can-do-it-poster.jpg

• Love 6
(edited)
11 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

The bright side to Bayleigh winning HOH is that she's guaranteed jury, which means two more months of her not with Swaggy, which means she could get over him faster by the time finale rolls around.

After which she can mention to Swaggy that she isn't just 2 days late for her period.  More like 2 months.

4 minutes ago, Wings said:

It was Rosie the Riveter.  The most iconic female image from World War II and the first poster featuring true female empowerment as millions of women for the first time left their homes and worked in businesses and factories.

Edited by green
  • Love 8
(edited)

Yup, Sam dressed up as an icon for female empowerment.

I'll just leave it at that.

ETA: Sam does the same pose as Rosie in the opening credits of the show. Just in case you wanted to gnash your teeth a little more.

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 12
1 minute ago, Lady Calypso said:

I'm willing to bet Sam was thinking of this as her inspiration:

We-can-do-it-poster.jpg

This exact photo leaped to mind the minute I saw her.  I actually thought she looked nifty. 

2 minutes ago, green said:

After which she cam mention to Swaggy that she isn't just 2 days late for her period.  More like 2 months.

It was Rosie the Riviter.  The most iconic female image from World War II and the first poster featuring true female empowerment as millions of women for the first time left their homes and worked in businesses and factories.

Yes of course!  And Rosie’s image went on to adorn advertisements of all kind of household cleaners, ironically. 

• Love 7

Bayleigh as HOH was the most interesting outcome to me once Kaitlyn crashed and burned, so I am here for this. Brett and Tyler must be freaking out. Alas, it took too long to get to this point, and now I’m tired and have to go to bed. Y’all let me know what happens tonight, because anything could.

• Love 6
Just now, Wings said:

Very interesting conversation Tyler is having with Bae right now.  I can’t tell if she in sincere or playing him. 

I'm not watching since I'm about to head to bed and can't get sucked into the feeds, but I'm going with playing him...until she states otherwise, I choose to be cynical. 

If only someone had thought to put Velcro on Chakra Con’s puzzle, too. It would’ve countered some the shaking CC’s hands were doing and made it easier to put the impossible together. 

5 hours ago, Katesus7 said:

Never even had a bite. Even the thought makes me ill. I have a huge aversion to what I call “wet bread”. I love the thought of a meatball sub, but would never in a million years attempt one. French Onion soup is what I’ll be served for every meal if I end up in hell.

Yeah. It’s a ‘thing’.

My uncle has the same aversion as you do.  He will not eat soggy bread as he calls it and he will even dry heave if any is eaten near him.  I personally hate seafood.

3 hours ago, vb68 said:

I wonder how many of them could have completed that after getting evicted. Not too many I suspect.

After all the buildup, that was certainly anti-climatic.

Very true.  It might have seemed easy but we are being armchair quarterbacks here.  She had it set up on the floor but she said she could not lift it.  I know I probably would not have been able to do it.  I crack under pressure whenever there is a clock counting down and I have to finish a task.

1 hour ago, Lady Calypso said:

Aww season 12, my very first season of the show. I haven't gone back to watch season 12 at all, so it's all very surreal, knowing that I didn't know anything about the live feeds, so these episodes were my only insight into the show. Season 13 is when I got my first live feed spoiler, of sorts, but I didn't actually start watching until sometime during season 14, but not regularly until season 15. 

You got me thinking when I started reading the spoilers.  I started watching the show during season 3 but I think I remained spoiler free until All-Stars or maybe the tail end of season six.  Oddly enough at the time I would read the spoilers for Survivor, I remember being pissed when I read that Jenna was the likely winner of Amazon.  However, I would avoid Big Brother spoilers like the plague.  Now I cannot enjoy the show if I do not read the spoilers.  I was pretty much spoiler free for Celebrity BB and I think that was part of the reason why I enjoyed it less.

1 hour ago, Callaphera said:

This. This is what made it so fantastic. 

I'd also add to that, since it's a BB12 episode, Regan's takedown of Rachel in the backyard. The one time that Rachel doesn't have a comeback and can only stand there with her mouth gaping open. "Everything about you is fake. Your hair is fake, your face is fake, your personality is fake." I still call a fresh batch of chocolate chip cookies "ooey-gooey" in a Rachel voice whenever I pull a pan from the oven.

Man I hated Regan so much during that season.

When it comes to BB clips that I like to watch I tend to watch the Regan/Rachel fight, the Jenga fight, the season 10 Birthday fight, the Jerry poop hands fight from season three, and It's On segment talking about Monica from season two.  

But to me none of those beats season two of Big Brother Canada when Ika, who knew she was going home, was given the option of either taking $5000 and shredding the other houseguest's letter from home or giving the houseguests their letter from home and not taking the money.  Obviously she chose the money and the reactions of the houseguest were great.

• Love 2