Type keyword(s) to search

Season 20: Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

Production has been such an epic fail all season. The only thing they've gotten right is the casting, and IMO that was accidental. I don't think anything has turned out the way they wanted it to. All three of their power apps failed spectacularly, one side of the house Pagong-ed themselves, and even when one comes back into the house, they'll likely be booted right back out again.  I'm trying to decide the person they'd least want to win the Battleback, and I'd take a guess that's Scottie. He was almost a non-entity in the actual episodes, with the exception of when he was evicted and when he was HOH. 

• Love 13
4 minutes ago, Ceeg said:

Production has been such an epic fail all season. The only thing they've gotten right is the casting, and IMO that was accidental. I don't think anything has turned out the way they wanted it to. All three of their power apps failed spectacularly, one side of the house Pagong-ed themselves, and even when one comes back into the house, they'll likely be booted right back out again.  I'm trying to decide the person they'd least want to win the Battleback, and I'd take a guess that's Scottie. He was almost a non-entity in the actual episodes, with the exception of when he was evicted and when he was HOH. 

I'd say they might want Rockstar the least. At least with Scottie, they could pull out some showmance-type story with Haleigh/Scottie. With Rockstar, they really have no story for her. So, she works with Haleigh. There's no story with Rockstar, though. The only stories she's brought were the fight with Brett, and accidentally giving the veto win to Tyler.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Production has been such an epic fail all season. The only thing they've gotten right is the casting, and IMO that was accidental. I don't think anything has turned out the way they wanted it to. All three of their power apps failed spectacularly, one side of the house Pagong-ed themselves, and even when one comes back into the house, they'll likely be booted right back out again. 

Yup, they lard up the game with loads of so-called twists to keep it "fresh" and instead the contestants have maneuvered AROUND most of the twists rather than actually using them for anything. Kaitlyn screwing up the easiest comeback ever, Sam refusing to play all summer and openly doing whatever she can to short-circuit every twist she considers "unfair", none of the apps having any effect at all, the set falling down around them -- it's actually been quite funny to watch Production fail week after week. 

Geez, just lock'em in the studio, make'em fight for HOH and Veto, turn on the cameras and let us watch. That's all we want. Really.

• Love 12
10 hours ago, TheGapper said:

Screen Shot 2018-08-27 at 11.09.47 PM.png

I find him disturbingly attractive here. Why do I find him so attractive? 

9 hours ago, Nashville said:

Tyler after the initial reveal:

8948D245-AC1C-46FF-A250-AA8902140D5C.gif.2be2596b07a0e8ab4c89094a8417f965.gif

;)

Ohhhhh. Riiiight. I must have watched that movie so many times, the tape wore thin.

1 hour ago, Brian Cronin said:

There was an intercom leak of the HoH crew (Brett, Tyler and Angela) talking shit about Sam's craziness. Mostly Brett (and most loudly Brett), but Angela and Tyler chimed in. Sam was downstairs and got to hear her crush, well, crush her. It is so fucked up. 

I know everyone hates Sam, and I get it. But I do think she is just a fucked up individual with a shitty past who desperately needs some therapy and support. At heart, I think she is sweet and she tries and her entire world view may not match up with my own but she isn't meanspirited. I like her, despite her many flaws. Even if I didn't, this would be a horror show for me. Hearing a guy you have a crush on mock you to other people? It brings out all the feels from this formerly bullied Companion. I feel nauseated for her. 

• Love 24
33 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Brett made gross, body-shaming comments about RS way before that. He was an absolute dick about her all season. I realize everyone likes Brett now, but he's an asshole and always has been. A sometimes charming asshole, but an asshole none the less. 

I'm sorry, but I find Tyler hideous with curly hair and just as hideous with straight hair. He is just so gross looking to me. His zing was spot on lol.

RS has made body-shaming comments herself. What goes around comes around, IMO. 

4 minutes ago, The Companion said:

I find him disturbingly attractive here. Why do I find him so attractive? 

Looks just like me circa-1986-1991, back when I was a Night Club DJ in Cincinnati.

7 hours ago, Callaphera said:

RIP Faleigh. The happy couple just parted ways. 

Thank. Fucking. God.

AH! I thought for a second here this morning that she FINALLY broke up with him.

7 hours ago, Brian Cronin said:

Holy shit, the HoH intercom just broadcasted their conversation to the whole house. Is this yet another production fuck up that might have just spilled to Sam about L4? Can production really be THIS shitty? 

Luckily, Haleigh and Fessy were outside. 

Suspiciously I wonder if this is not production intended BS.

2 hours ago, lostmydamnmind said:

Seems like solid foutte logic.

Seems like solid MISTAKES logic. 

1 hour ago, Lady Calypso said:

You could see the moment of realization that Sam, indeed, heard the conversation from Brett. He went from laughing about it in a "is this really happening? There's no way Sam heard what I just said" to "Oh shit, my game is screwed." As soon as Tyler told JC to go downstairs to see if it was still on after they turned it off, and seeing Tyler say quietly if JC could still see and hear them, to I presume JC confirming that he could from downstairs, I'm pretty sure Brett was mentally screaming in his head.

Here's a link of Brett telling the laundry story and Kaycee coming in to shut the conversation down.

Thanks for this stream. Until THIS MORNING I had NO IDEA those buttons were around. 

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, The Companion said:

I know everyone hates Sam, and I get it. But I do think she is just a fucked up individual with a shitty past who desperately needs some therapy and support. At heart, I think she is sweet and she tries and her entire world view may not match up with my own but she isn't meanspirited. I like her, despite her many flaws. Even if I didn't, this would be a horror show for me. Hearing a guy you have a crush on mock you to other people? It brings out all the feels from this formerly bullied Companion. I feel nauseated for her. 

I think Sam has her issues. She may have a good heart, but she's also done and said some really mean and gross things. She snapped on Brett a few days ago and it apparently upset him (all he did was ask what she was making in the Have Not room and she flipped out). I can't forget about what she said about Kaitlyn during her HOH, the comment that actually made it into the episode (I think it had to do with something about punching a hole through Kaitlyn's chest?). Imagine if the intercom was on when she said THAT. Sam's also said some pretty assholish things to people's faces. She's blunt and honest, but maybe to a fault. 

That's not to say I don't feel bad for her for having to overhear what was said. But she CAN be mean spirited AND be a nice person at the same time (it's an oxymoron but it can happen). Plus, I don't think what Brett said is that bad, but I didn't catch what they were talking about before the above clip, as all of them were doing it. Plus, this is very tame compared to previous seasons. Imagine if BB19 Jason made the raping Kevin's wife comment and he overheard. This was just mild venting about Sam snapping on him about laundry. It always sucks to overhear someone talking about you negatively, which is why I feel bad for her. But this is really not bad for BB standards. It's just that I'm not sure how Sam's going to take it. On the one hand, she takes things very personally and I can imagine her being hurt by this. But on the other hand, Brett's a guy and Sam's been known to give the guys the benefit of the doubt. 

• Love 10
14 minutes ago, JediDVguy said:

RS has made body-shaming comments herself. What goes around comes around, IMO. 

Same for Brett then, I guess. RS being an asshole doesn't somehow make Brett not an asshole. 

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 5

I just watched the Hair Reveal, and omg I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. Tyler's utter shock at what he looked like along with everyone screaming and Brett laughing so hard I thought he was gonna piss himself. Looool I really hope they show that on an episode because that shit was funny.

• Love 7

Hell, I guess Production can recoup some expense costs now by laying off the extra security guards around the House’s outside perimeter; their technical snafus this season have done more to unilaterally expose hidden gameplay than the last three seasons’ worth of Outside Shouters combined.  :P

58 minutes ago, Wings said:

This has awakened my dismay that they didn’t cast Daniel Day Lewis in the role of Lestat.  

And by “Daniel Day Lewis” you mean “anybody but Tom Cruise”, right?  ;>

Edited by Nashville
Clean up merged-message formatting
  • Love 11
32 minutes ago, Gummo said:

When it comes to other women, Sam is a capital-B Bitch.

18 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

I think Sam has her issues. She may have a good heart, but she's also done and said some really mean and gross things. She snapped on Brett a few days ago and it apparently upset him (all he did was ask what she was making in the Have Not room and she flipped out). I can't forget about what she said about Kaitlyn during her HOH, the comment that actually made it into the episode (I think it had to do with something about punching a hole through Kaitlyn's chest?). Imagine if the intercom was on when she said THAT. Sam's also said some pretty assholish things to people's faces. She's blunt and honest, but maybe to a fault. 

That's not to say I don't feel bad for her for having to overhear what was said. But she CAN be mean spirited AND be a nice person at the same time (it's an oxymoron but it can happen). Plus, I don't think what Brett said is that bad, but I didn't catch what they were talking about before the above clip, as all of them were doing it. Plus, this is very tame compared to previous seasons. Imagine if BB19 Jason made the raping Kevin's wife comment and he overheard. This was just mild venting about Sam snapping on him about laundry. It always sucks to overhear someone talking about you negatively, which is why I feel bad for her. But this is really not bad for BB standards. It's just that I'm not sure how Sam's going to take it. On the one hand, she takes things very personally and I can imagine her being hurt by this. But on the other hand, Brett's a guy and Sam's been known to give the guys the benefit of the doubt. 

I would agree if she didn't seem to feel the same way about herself, but I really think she does. You can disagree, but I guess my feeling is that she genuinely believes the things she says and tries to live in the manner that she seems to thinks is best. In other words, she isn't just saying something mean out of the joy of watching someone else's face crumble. She isn't trying to be a bitch. She isn't being spiteful or nasty. I happen to absolutely disagree with her definitions of lady and appropriate behavior for women and I don't think the men are these helpless little creatures, but my point is that she isn't being mean to be funny or make fun of people or hurt people. 

I am not sure "yay, you didn't say you were going to rape an innocent person" is really the standard any of us want. :) 

I also sort of feel sorry for her because I feel like she may spin out into "I am not pretty enough and that is why Brett was saying mean things" or "I didn't do enough dishes and that's why he hates me." She lives in this miserable world of her own (and probably from what she says about her Mom, Mom's) making. 

Maybe I am just sensitive about this shit. 

• Love 7

What Sam said to Brett about his laundry was her typical habit of taking everything personally.   Had Brett been upset and not laughing it would be a different story.  

It seems odd for the sound system to even have the ability to broadcast from the mic in the HOH to the LR TV.   

Edited by Wings
  • Love 1
Just now, Wings said:

What Sam said to Brett about his laundry was her typical habit of taking everything personally.   Had Brett been upset and not laughing it would be a different story.  

It seems odd for the sound system to even have the ability to broadcast from the mic from HOH to the LR TV.   

That's what I don't understand. I can't imagine why you would even build that capability in.

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, Nashville said:

And by “Daniel Day Lewis” you mean “anybody but Tom Cruise”, right?  ;>

As I was reading the book I  had a mental picture of Lestat.  When they announced they were making a movie Daniel was close to how I pictured him. 

As far as Cruise, anyone but him in everything, always! 

• Love 4

Oh man oh man- that hair reveal was the best thing I've seen in a long time. I legit thought Tyler was going to have a heart attack- he was so shocked and everyone laughing so hard at his reaction was so funny I was crying so hard from laughter. There is no way it isn't in the episode- that was too pure of a reaction. 

JC was being such a brat- he loved the hair the whole time Sam was doing it and then when the girls all loved it specifically Angela he all of a sudden didn't like it anymore. The glare he was giving Angela when she was running her fingers through his hair and then brushed it- if looks could kill Angela would have died right on the spot. 

I did lol when Angela & Tyler were alone he asked her "Do you really actually like the hair?" Lmao. I feel like if she said no- he would of hopped in the shower. LOL. 

In regards to the Intercom thing- it's one thing if someone left it on, on purpose so they could hear stuff as some sort of strategy. But this is now the 2nd time production has messed up in regards to that Intercom System- first with accidently revealing the Power App and now this. This is something that could seriously hurt someone's game. I understand that it isn't nice to shit talk people- but both sides have done it FOUTTE & Level 6. Imagine if Brett were to make it to F2- and the vote is 4-4 with Sam being the deciding factor and doesn't give it to him because she overheard him talking about her which was a production error. Not okay.  

In regards to JC & Brett's conversation last night- regarding going after Angela/Kaycee. I don't really know what Brett is thinking- he's really hard to read. He knows that JC is a sneak- he also knows that he can't be sitting next to JC at the end- Brett isn't going to win next to him especially since JC keeps boasting about "all the things he's done for L6".  Brett was still adamant about Hay & Sam leaving next in this conversation- so he didn't agree with Kaycee/Angela going up. JC was giving more then Brett was. He did make a Final 2 with Tyler just a few days ago- so I wonder if he will speak to him about JC's conversation.

What it comes down to is all of Level 6 I Imagine has realized- of if they haven't yet- need to soon- is that they need to sit next to another Level 6 member to win the game. If they sit next to JC, Sam, Hay or the Returnee- they will probably not win. 

I think also what it comes down to with JC- is that he got rid of all the players who were easily mindwarped by him and now he's left with people that actually have a brain. When he told Tyler that he wanted to split up Kaycee & Angela and he was a firm no about it- I feel like that really took JC by surprise because has thought all season long that Tyler is easy to manipulate. Tyler has just been nodding a lot when JC has been talking most of the season. JC mentioned that he could get "Brett" to his side and how he's easily convinced. He saw Brett & JC on that hammock for awhile last night- I wonder how long he'll give Brett to come to him with this conversation cuz he knows JC was going to go and tell him ASAP. 

Also, I wonder if Tyler will tell Kaycee what JC said. I don't think he's going to tell Angela- but I think he might tell Kaycee. If there is one person he wants to protect. I think it's Kaycee. 

Edited by SiobhanJW
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, gunderda said:

I dunno... I kinda laughed when JC was telling the story....  (and I'm kind of a Sam fan so I don't wish harm on her)

And I do'nt think Fessy and Haleigh were laughing AT Sam. I think they were laughing at the entire situation and how F'ed Brett might be now. 

In truth, my comment was less about Sam (although at times I have been that person who hears the gales of laughter which die the moment you walk into the room) and more about JC.  I know this was probably nothing more than JC currying favor with at least one certain Juror - but I have grown to heartily detest JC, and I have made the conscious decision to refuse to pass up ANY opportunity to take a healthy country shit on top of that bald little OompaLoompa head.

• Love 4

I am wondering about the timing of what she heard. KC was in and out of HOH while they were talking and it wasn't until she came back up from the DR to tell them she could hear them that it was noticed. Since KC and JC were in and out, I would think s=they may have heard t earlier ( when the worst part of the Sam conversation occurred). JC did mention he heard something but didnt know what.  What KC heard was the conversation Brett started about the laundry and how Sam snapped on him. That seems to be what she could have heard. There was a lull between the harshest talk about Sam and KC coming back from DR.

2 minutes ago, The Companion said:

I would agree if she didn't seem to feel the same way about herself, but I really think she does. You can disagree, but I guess my feeling is that she genuinely believes the things she says and tries to live in the manner that she seems to thinks is best. In other words, she isn't just saying something mean out of the joy of watching someone else's face crumble. She isn't trying to be a bitch. She isn't being spiteful or nasty. I happen to absolutely disagree with her definitions of lady and appropriate behavior for women and I don't think the men are these helpless little creatures, but my point is that she isn't being mean to be funny or make fun of people or hurt people. 

I agree that Sam doesn't purposely try to be mean or spiteful. But passive sexism and misogyny (and any other type of bigotry) are just as bad as overt and in-your-face sexism and misogyny. It's all part of the problem. And I say this as someone who likes Sam most of the time. I feel bad for her because I think she has a lot of issues that could benefit from therapy. But, I still think she's a raging misogynist and she doesn't get a free pass from me simply because she's a woman who likely has a lot of insecurities and self-loathing. In the same way that I wouldn't give a pass to a homophobic gay person.

2 minutes ago, SiobhanJW said:

JC was being such a brat- he loved the hair the whole time Sam was doing it and then when the girls all loved it specifically Angela he all of a sudden didn't like it anymore. The glare he was giving Angela when she was running her fingers through his hair and then brushed it- if looks could kill Angela would have died right on the spot. 

Yeah, I've decided that JC is super opposed to Tyler/Angela as a showmance, not because he wants to retain his F2 with Tyler without anyone in the way, but because he's just straight up jealous. 

• Love 13
10 minutes ago, Ceeg said:

Yeah, I've decided that JC is super opposed to Tyler/Angela as a showmance, not because he wants to retain his F2 with Tyler without anyone in the way, but because he's just straight up jealous. 

Completely agree. It's actually really uncomfortable to watch- he is constantly saying that Tyler is gay. I think he really believes it- he was telling Brett the other day that he knows Tyler is gay. Brett kind of just looked at JC like he was crazy- it was right before they both went upstairs to "cockblock" (JC's words- not mine) Angela & Tyler in the HOH room. Tyler has mentioned a few times that he feels as if JC keeps saying it over and over because he thinks that if he continues to say that it will actually be true. He also seemed a bit concerned by his behavior yesterday after the hair thing- I don't remember exactly what he said to Angela- but you could tell he isn't amused by it anymore. Tyler has been pretty clear that he isn't gay. I don't feel any sympathy for JC- I understand sometimes you can't control if you have a crush on someone or what not- but you can't will people into being something they aren't- and then you can't be pissed off when they are attracted to someone that isn't you especially when there was never a chance to begin with and that was made perfectly clear. 

Edited by SiobhanJW
  • Love 20
5 minutes ago, Wings said:

It seems odd for the sound system to even have the ability to broadcast from the mic in the HOH to the LR TV.   

5 minutes ago, The Companion said:

That's what I don't understand. I can't imagine why you would even build that capability in.

That’s the thing, though; that’s not what it’s supposed to do - at ALL.  

The way it’s been demonstrated all season to date, the HoH intercom link is supposed to be a point-to-point A/V system with one point/end being the HoH Room, and the other being in the back corner of the kitchen.  The LR audio and video aren’t supposed to be hooked into that system at all.  This was amply demonstrated by the fact first Kaycee then JC could both (a) see the HoHR on the LR screen and (b) hear the HoHR on the LR audio - but the HoHR crew couldn’t see them except on the HoH monitor, and they couldn’t hear the LR folks at all.

Helluva “accident”, huh?  :P

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, SiobhanJW said:

Completely agree. It's actually really uncomfortable to watch- he is constantly saying that Tyler is gay. I think he really believes it- he was telling Brett the other day that he knows Tyler is gay.

It is not uncommon for young gay men to think many straight men are in the closet.  Wishful thinking with Tyler is afoot here.  

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, Ceeg said:

I agree that Sam doesn't purposely try to be mean or spiteful. But passive sexism and misogyny (and any other type of bigotry) are just as bad as overt and in-your-face sexism and misogyny. It's all part of the problem. And I say this as someone who likes Sam most of the time. I feel bad for her because I think she has a lot of issues that could benefit from therapy. But, I still think she's a raging misogynist and she doesn't get a free pass from me simply because she's a woman who likely has a lot of insecurities and self-loathing. In the same way that I wouldn't give a pass to a homophobic gay person.

I don't think I gave her a free pass for her behavior. I simply said I think she is, at her heart, sweet, and that she isn't being mean-spirited (there is no intent to hurt). People are complicated. Sam seems to be particularly broken at the moment and I feel really bad for her. I am not giving her a pass, but I understand that her insecurities and self-loathing are likely tied to her internalized misogyny in a particularly toxic soup of self-imposed misery and hearing her crush trash talk her is not going to help with that spiral. 

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Wings said:

It is not uncommon for young gay men to think many straight men are in the closet.  Wishful thinking with Tyler is afoot here.  

Even if he was in the closet- it isn't JC's right to pull him out of it. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Nashville said:

That’s the thing, though; that’s not what it’s supposed to do - at ALL.  

The way it’s been demonstrated all season to date, the HoH intercom link is supposed to be a point-to-point A/V system with one point/end being the HoH Room, and the other being in the back corner of the kitchen.  The LR audio and video aren’t supposed to be hooked into that system at all.  This was amply demonstrated by the fact first Kaycee then JC could both (a) see the HoHR on the LR screen and (b) hear the HoHR on the LR audio - but the HoHR crew couldn’t see them except on the HoH monitor, and they couldn’t hear the LR folks at all.

Helluva “accident”, huh?  :P

Yes, I get what you are saying.  What confounds me is why they even wired that possibility and I could ask why this has not happened before, too.  This accident could/must be due to some upgrading or a new sound system this season.  

Edited by Wings
  • Love 1

Nope, not giving Sam a pass on calling out two other women she barely knew as sluts on national TV because the other women were hanging out with the guys that Sam had a crush on. That was cruel and deliberate behavior, thought out ahead of time; she was practically smirking as she said it. 

It was ugly and unnecessary and I don't forgive her for it.

• Love 20
5 minutes ago, Gummo said:

Nope, not giving Sam a pass on calling out two other women she barely knew as sluts on national TV because the other women were hanging out with the guys that Sam had a crush on. That was cruel and deliberate behavior, thought out ahead of time; she was practically smirking as she said it. 

It was ugly and unnecessary and I don't forgive her for it.

Thanks for the reminder, I had forgotten about that. 

• Love 2
34 minutes ago, SiobhanJW said:

I think also what it comes down to with JC- is that he got rid of all the players who were easily mindwarped by him and now he's left with people that actually have a brain. When he told Tyler that he wanted to split up Kaycee & Angela and he was a firm no about it- I feel like that really took JC by surprise because has thought all season long that Tyler is easy to manipulate. Tyler has just been nodding a lot when JC has been talking most of the season. JC mentioned that he could get "Brett" to his side and how he's easily convinced. He saw Brett & JC on that hammock for awhile last night- I wonder how long he'll give Brett to come to him with this conversation cuz he knows JC was going to go and tell him ASAP. 

I think JC wants to take credit for stuff that Tyler actually accomplished.  JC has thought all along that he was the only one playing the middle of the road and getting info to and from both sides, but doesn't see all the groundwork that Tyler laid down in the beginning.  And the way JC keeps talking to Tyler isn't helping JC out at all.  It's making Tyler realize that he can't take JC with them to Final 4.  I think Tyler is now seeing that his ideal Final 4 is Kaycee, Angela, and Sam, and cutting Angela before final 3, while taking Kaycee to final 2.

• Love 2
39 minutes ago, SiobhanJW said:

I think also what it comes down to with JC- is that he got rid of all the players who were easily mindwarped by him and now he's left with people that actually have a brain. When he told Tyler that he wanted to split up Kaycee & Angela and he was a firm no about it- I feel like that really took JC by surprise because has thought all season long that Tyler is easy to manipulate.

Interesting and I bet you are right.  

• Love 1

Selfishly, I hope Sam wins HOH and puts Brett and Angela on the block. I frankly can’t stand either one.

Angela was vicious with Rachel and Brett has been the same with Rockstar. Those GBMs of both were beyond nasty.

i really doubt that Sam will even acknowledge what she heard unless she is in the position to put them on the block.

If this is an endurance at all similar to the one she won, she has a strong chance. I would also like to see Bay come back as well.

feeds gold!

• Love 4
20 minutes ago, The Companion said:

I don't think I gave her a free pass for her behavior. I simply said I think she is, at her heart, sweet, and that she isn't being mean-spirited (there is no intent to hurt). People are complicated. Sam seems to be particularly broken at the moment and I feel really bad for her. I am not giving her a pass, but I understand that her insecurities and self-loathing are likely tied to her internalized misogyny in a particularly toxic soup of self-imposed misery and hearing her crush trash talk her is not going to help with that spiral. 

I think intention is irrelevant when it creates the same results. I guess I don't see much difference between "stop throwing yourselves at guys and have more respect for yourself, I wholeheartedly disapprove of this floozy behavior" and "you're a slut and sluts are gross, men deserve better than sluts like you". Both would have resulted in Haleigh crying her eyes out in the DR, because her feelings were hurt. And actually, I sort of feel like what Sam said could be more damaging, simply because it's coming from a place of complete judgment atop her high horse, as opposed to hatred. Sometimes I might rather be yelled at by someone who openly hates me (a la Westboro Baptist Church) rather than shamed from someone who acts like they're better than me and are deigning to give me life advice dripping with condescension (a disapproving parent or friend). 

I think at a certain point in one's adult life, one has to take responsibility for one's own issues and not take them out on everyone else.  I sincerely hope Sam can maybe see herself from the outside looking in, once the show is over, and work through her issues. The problem for her is that I don't think she has or ever will believe she's wrong.

• Love 7

The DR is going to pull Sam in, if they haven't already, and try some damage control.  Good luck with that.  It will be interesting if we see Brett 'win' an advantage.  lol  There are no more to be had, just a passing thought.  

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Ceeg said:

I think intention is irrelevant when it creates the same results. I guess I don't see much difference between "stop throwing yourselves at guys and have more respect for yourself, I wholeheartedly disapprove of this floozy behavior" and "you're a slut and sluts are gross, men deserve better than sluts like you". Both would have resulted in Haleigh crying her eyes out in the DR, because her feelings were hurt. And actually, I sort of feel like what Sam said could be more damaging, simply because it's coming from a place of complete judgment atop her high horse, as opposed to hatred. Sometimes I might rather be yelled at by someone who openly hates me (a la Westboro Baptist Church) rather than shamed from someone who acts like they're better than me and are deigning to give me life advice dripping with condescension (a disapproving parent or friend). 

I think at a certain point in one's adult life, one has to take responsibility for one's own issues and not take them out on everyone else.  I sincerely hope Sam can maybe see herself from the outside looking in, once the show is over, and work through her issues. The problem for her is that I don't think she has or ever will believe she's wrong.

I would also rather be able to write someone off because they just have a different world view (especially if it is one I think is totally fucked). I actually think Sam is Westboro in your example, by the way.  I also would rather someone be direct with me, even if i think they are wrong, than to feel like everyone is talking about me behind my back and/or making fun of me. I can think of specific examples where I overheard someone talking about me and it hurt me more than anything some asshole has said to me directly (including being told "ma'am, there is no reason to get hysterical" while I corralled a bunch of drunk dudes as the sole voice of reason which makes me stabby to this day). That being said, it isn't really a competition. It was shitty. I am still not arguing that what she said was anything other than shitty.

My point with the intent isn't about whether or not it hurt Hayleigh. My point with the intent is that I think that Sam is trying, in her Sam way, to do good and be good. I hope she gets some help and re-evaluates her life after this, because I don't think she realizes the impact of her words or the depth to which her own insecurities are manifesting themselves externally. I suspect she would be absolutely floored to find out that people see her as a villain or dislike her. 

• Love 2

I’d rather people just treated others with respect and didnt go for the eye for an eye shit. Who did what first and when, and justification of why they are doing this and that isn’t the point. We are in a point in society where a gamer takes a loaded weapon to a video game competition just in case he loses? WTF?!  The people playing Big Brother make mistakes, and they can get annoyed with the habits and remarks of others. It’s these snap judgements and hurtful comments that need to stop inside the BB house and out. We are comlpletely fucked as a society because we are hurtful to others while trying to boost ourselves. It doesn’t matter who started it, it just needs to end. 

Social media has empowered people to shit talk because they can hide behind a computer screen and say whatever they want without consequences.  It's awful, and I hate that it's become so big that pretty much everyone has a hand in it.

In terms of B.B., I’d take every single one of these cast members over the horrible humans that played last year. That shit is unforgivable.

Sorry for for the rant.

Edited by Slider
ETA: Social media line.
  • Love 12

They are just getting their wake up on the feeds.  I have cleared my schedule, more coffee being brewed and I have gathered snacks.  I am here for the long haul.  

I will be disappointed if we don't see some blow back from Sam today.  Yes, really shitty of them to have done this but I will be furious if they have smoothed things over with her already.  

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Slider said:

In terms of B.B., I’d take every single one of these cast members over the horrible humans that played last year. That shit is unforgivable.

Abso-fucking-lutely.

That being said, the whole point of this website is snarking on TV shows. 

• Love 7

I seem to remember that JC accidentally called Tyler by an ex's name.  Seeing someone who reminds you of an ex can stir up feelings. This may explain JC glaring at Angela (competition) and asking Tyler if he is sure he isn't gay (wishful thinking.) 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Gummo said:

That being said, the whole point of this website is snarking on TV shows. 

Snark is fine - and I'm not trying to call people out here on the boards.  I wasn't directing my rant towards anyone in particular.  It just infuriates me that we humans can't be kind to others.  When we are shit to other we sit and wonder why people get angry and upset.  It just sucks.

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, The Companion said:

I would also rather be able to write someone off because they just have a different world view (especially if it is one I think is totally fucked). I actually think Sam is Westboro in your example, by the way.  I also would rather someone be direct with me, even if i think they are wrong, than to feel like everyone is talking about me behind my back and/or making fun of me. I can think of specific examples where I overheard someone talking about me and it hurt me more than anything some asshole has said to me directly (including being told "ma'am, there is no reason to get hysterical" while I corralled a bunch of drunk dudes as the sole voice of reason which makes me stabby to this day). That being said, it isn't really a competition. It was shitty. I am still not arguing that what she said was anything other than shitty.

My point with the intent isn't about whether or not it hurt Hayleigh. My point with the intent is that I think that Sam is trying, in her Sam way, to do good and be good. I hope she gets some help and re-evaluates her life after this, because I don't think she realizes the impact of her words or the depth to which her own insecurities are manifesting themselves externally. I suspect she would be absolutely floored to find out that people see her as a villain or dislike her. 

I think both extremes are hurtful (being blunt and honest to someone's face AND talking bad about someone behind their back). I don't think the issue with Sam is that she wants to be a mean person...but the problem is that she can be and doesn't realize it. She doesn't get how nasty she can get. She HAS hurt people's feelings because of her bluntness. She did make Haleigh cry in the DR. She has upset various people by her words, such as with Brett. I know Brett genuinely likes Sam as a person but she keeps treating him like shit. She has also made people fear her and tip toe around her. They can't tell her things to her face because there's a good chance she reacts badly. She's wildly unpredictable and despite her good intentions, people won't talk to her about stuff for this reason. 

It's just shitty all around. Sam's gonna need to deal with taking criticism, because she can't at this point in her life. I think she also needs to find a balance between being honest and also being socially aware of the impact her words have on people. She can say her mantra of "I say what I mean and I mean what I say" all she wants, but when it crosses the line into being completely harsh, then there's a problem here too. This is why this house isn't good for her. She doesn't know that this is a game and people will play however they see fit. She has a good heart, but she can't deal with the stresses that come with competition and gameplay. I think Sam's a very, very empathetic person, but that's NOT a good thing in Big Brother, not to the extent that Sam feels. 

1 minute ago, Wings said:

They are just getting their wake up on the feeds.  I have cleared my schedule, more coffee being brewed and I have gathered snacks.  I am here for the long haul.  

I will be disappointed if we don't see some blow back from Sam today.  Yes, really shitty of them to have done this but I will be furious if they have smoothed things over with her already.  

Yeah, I want Team Good Feeds here! I want to see a long Brett/Sam conversation today. I want to see Sam turn on JC just because I am irritated by the guy and am officially off his side, even as a gameplayer (he really pissed me off with his Angela jealousy and insistence on Tyler being gay last night). 

• Love 10

Does anyone know why JC sleeps in a bed with another person everyone night?  There are 4 open beds.  Last night was Brett, the night before was Fessy.  Does he just not like to sleep alone?

That intercom glitch is pretty suspect. Of course it didn't happen one of the many times Haleigh has been complaining about Sam. 

If I were of the HGs, I'd be pissed. Especially someone like Tyler, whose Big Brother experience means so much to him - it's a once in a lifetime opportunity that you're actually doing well at, and your whole game can get tanked because of a Production mistake.

ETA: If Sam is super pissed and wants revenge, the Battle Back could mean a lot more. Hm.

Edited by mooses
  • Love 13

Sam and Kaycee in kitchen talking.  Small talk

4 minutes ago, Slider said:

Does anyone know why JC sleeps in a bed with another person everyone night?  There are 4 open beds.  Last night was Brett, the night before was Fessy.  Does he just not like to sleep alone?

I have asked myself the same question.  I don't know.