Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E01: The End

These are thoughts as the episode was/is happening. I know I won't be able to keep the episodes separate in my mind otherwise. I'm sure I'll have more thoughtful things to say later.

Oh my gosh I've missed these people.

Sweet Laskey. Glad to see him trying to help out. Even if he shouldn't be holding a gun. Don't die, man.

And, of course, Katarina has a plan. 

I can't decide if I'm amused or kind of annoyed that the Daughters have maintained their Mad Max look, even now. Seems like so much effort for not a lot of return on investment.

"Trust me. One last time." I continue to love the Cole/Jones relationship. 

I can't believe they killed Laskey. Though, actually, I guess I can. He's died before, so maybe we'll still see him again. I hope so. I Whitney gone, too? Man. 

Poor Deacon. Abandoned again. I hope Olivia doesn't get a hold of him and turn him against our heroes. 

I love that they land at the Emerson again. It feels like home. :)

Cole doesn't give up, even though everyone else is. The only failure is giving up. Seems like that might be importnat going forward. 

Hi, Jennifer! Good to see you, girl! Um. How many of you are there? Oh, hahaha! Jennifer's split personality is kind of hliarious.

And then... back to the beginning. Awesome. 

• Love 2

Jones was dying of a fatal gut wound, and now she’s ok? Does adrenaline and radiation cure stab wounds?

Plus I thought she was outside the splinter beam yet she is with everyone now. 

• Love 1

They mentioned Deacon is dead -- maybe because he was so close to the beam and where the perimeter tore away, or assuming Olivia's people would get him? We didn't see a body, though, so I'm going to agree in hoping he doesn't end up with Olivia. Being back at the beginning, however, means he's still a West VII enemy, and anything they do could change the future they knew.

Athan is still alive where they are now. I hope we get to see more of James Callis. He made a big impression in a limited time. As for Ramse -- I don't care. He never redeemed himself, as far as I'm concerned. (I know Cassie & Cole went a similar route with "my/our son!" but they were still trying to stop events, to change what Athan became. Ramse betrayed everyone, repeatedly, including acting as Olivia's puppet for decades and lying to his "brother" in trying to kill Cassie.)

Going back to the beginning means they can somehow get a core --- or they won't need one because they can work from that present --- but I'm not sure how I feel about the return and possibly wiping out the last 3 seasons. I just hope they aren't going to do too many loops inside of loops.

Jennifer is fun as always -- her own personal Thomas Crown affair inside her head. I laughed along with that security guard, watching what really happened. That puzzle in the middle of the ouroboros has to have some kind of important code.

Makes sense that Primaries go back through history. Cole was in his own causality loop (he went on the mission because he was already on the mission), so now the question is whether he always known or if we'll see more in that time period to set up knowledge of him (Jennifer?).

One problem I'm having so far with Olivia as the witness, is all the times in the past when she commented on how something wasn't foreseen, how the witness hadn't predicted something. Except, she does have memory of those events. She would have had to deliberately withhold information from her past self, in that case. Possible, but they were events that hurt their cause.

Going back means Laskey and Whitley are still alive, so maybe they can be saved in the future. --On to the next!

• Love 1
(edited)

Man, it's only the first episode and we already have a body count. RIP Deacon, Whitley, and Lasky! I was sad thinking about how the last season would be without the three of them or Ramse and then BAM, we're back in 2043 so everyone's still alive!

And awwwww, Deacon. I was cracking up over his Death Star reference and then holding my breath when he yelled, "Don't you assholes leave without me!" I thought for sure that he would make it back in time so my face probably looked just like his when Cole dragged Cassie away.

When the show switched to Jennifer in Prague in 2018, I thought ooh, what has she been up to in the last year to become such a badass with the black leather and the Run Lola Run hair? And then they cut to the museum guy watching the actual footage of regular Jennifer rolling around on the floor and talking to herself. I couldn't blame him for laughing because it was hilarious.

Yay, another Kelsy Karter song! I'm waiting to see how long before we hear "These Arms of Mine." They HAVE to use it at some point his season, right?

That hour just flew by!

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 3

My thoughts watching Jennifer and her Thomas Crown Affair: Wow, Jennifer is a leather-wearing badass. She really trained for this museum heist, huh. Wait, why is she talking to another Jennifer. Laughing hysterically with the museum guard at what really happened. Oh, Jennifer, I love you.

No, Whitley and Lasky are dead. Deacon didn't make it in time. Everyone has given up but Cole. 

• Love 2

Figured a few characters would end up going down during the escape, but it still sucks for Lasky, Whitely, and especially Deacon, who I worry isn't actually dead, but will be kidnapped by Olivia and turn bad again.  But since it all ends with them going back to "where it all began", I'm guessing everyone is alive, again?

Jones continues to be the humanized version of pure badassery.

The contrast between what Jennifer thought the heist was and what was really going on was hilarious.  Jennifer is the best!

I'm guessing there will be more to that opening scene, since they had a few familiar faces in there like Ben Cross, Simon Merrells, and Donald Sumpter.

Can't wait to see how this all ends!

Well, they did hit the ground running this season.

Though I am not going to miss either Lasky or Whitley that much, I was sad to see them go.

I knew the Jennifer at the Museum stuff was too good to be true. 

I've been to that square in Prague. There was much squeeing upon recognising it.

On ‎2018‎-‎06‎-‎15 at 6:00 PM, bethy said:

These are thoughts as the episode was/is happening. I know I won't be able to keep the episodes separate in my mind otherwise. I'm sure I'll have more thoughtful things to say later.

Oh my gosh I've missed these people.

Sweet Laskey. Glad to see him trying to help out. Even if he shouldn't be holding a gun. Don't die, man.

And, of course, Katarina has a plan. 

I can't decide if I'm amused or kind of annoyed that the Daughters have maintained their Mad Max look, even now. Seems like so much effort for not a lot of return on investment.

"Trust me. One last time." I continue to love the Cole/Jones relationship. 

I can't believe they killed Laskey. Though, actually, I guess I can. He's died before, so maybe we'll still see him again. I hope so. I Whitney gone, too? Man. 

Poor Deacon. Abandoned again. I hope Olivia doesn't get a hold of him and turn him against our heroes. 

I love that they land at the Emerson again. It feels like home. :)

Cole doesn't give up, even though everyone else is. The only failure is giving up. Seems like that might be importnat going forward. 

Hi, Jennifer! Good to see you, girl! Um. How many of you are there? Oh, hahaha! Jennifer's split personality is kind of hliarious.

And then... back to the beginning. Awesome. 

Get out of my head! LOL!!! :D

On ‎2018‎-‎06‎-‎16 at 6:03 PM, Netfoot said:

The footage of two versions of Jennifer robbing the museum was an absolute scream!  Jennifer is consistently entertainment gold!

She is so damn fantastic! Like others, I was amazed at what a badass she apparently had become. I was a little thrown by the talking to herself in the earpiece but I thought, maybe she hooked up with an earlier version of herself; I can't remember how much of a no-no that is on this show. The reveal was brilliant! I laughed so hard that I had to rewind!

On ‎2018‎-‎06‎-‎16 at 2:47 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

when he yelled, "Don't you assholes leave without me!" I thought for sure that he would make it back in time

Funny, it had the exact opposite affect on me. I thought, "Oh shit, Deacon is toast, that sucks! ….At least it's a time travel show so there's a good possibility he'll turn up again." LOL!

I just realized that we didn't get the "Where are you?" voiceover. I know we got it at the beginning of seasons 1 and 2. Did we get it in season 3? I wanna say yes, when Cole was searching for Cassie but I'm not sure.

If we get it during the finale, that's at least once I'll be blubbering like a baby.

On ‎6‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 4:47 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I'm waiting to see how long before we hear "These Arms of Mine." They HAVE to use it at some point his season, right?

I'm waiting and hoping for this too.

7 hours ago, coppersin said:

I just realized that we didn't get the "Where are you?" voiceover. I know we got it at the beginning of seasons 1 and 2. Did we get it in season 3? I wanna say yes, when Cole was searching for Cassie but I'm not sure.

We got a shortened modified version from Jennifer at the beginning of S3.

I know that this isn’t a happy ending kind of show so my fear is that we will get Cole doing the “Where are you?” voiceover accompanied by “These Arms of Mine” as he dies in Cassie’s arms during the last moments of the series finale. 

• Love 1