Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E07: God's Gonna Trouble the Water 2018.06.06

When was Greta recruiting this army of zealots? And after she grossly misrepresented what was happening with Roman and Hope, you would think Elijah and Antoinette would beat feet and get the fuck out of there. It would seem that Marcel's compulsion eliminated his common sense along with his memories.

It was good to see Klaus being a decent father.

• Love 3

Ever since Elijah was compelled he seems kind of, stupid, lol. I liked seeing Klaus actually being a father, I think hope shutting him down really opened his eyes as to how badly she is hurting, and he wasn’t wrong about how how Elijah is going to feel once he does get his memories back and personally I think Antoinette did also play a part. She knew that Roman wasn’t in trouble but she sent Elijah anyways.

i can’t wait until next week, we finally will get to see all of the Mikaelson siblings back together, and from the looks of it, I think Elijah will remember by the very end of that episode. He also may wake up to Antoinette dead, lol. Considering he’s stuck in a chambre de chasse and who knows how long that’s going to take to break free. 

• Love 3

I thought Elijah had vervaine in his system. I know Vincent's spell was part of the process, but I'd think Marcel wouldn't be able to compel Elijah's remembrance yet. What was the point of injecting him if, plot-wise, it wasn't going to interfere with the reversal? (If it was already out of his system.)

Looking forward to this Hollow mess being over, but I'm glad to see what the real consequences are of the siblings' proximity. They've been so lax about it, (Klaus especially), and there's no room left. Now being confined together, firstborns ought to start dropping pretty quickly. Hope they aren't going to stretch things too far without either consequences or resolving the whole thing.

Ready, also for Elijah to stop being a dolt.

• Love 1

OMG KLAUS IS THE WORST. He knows that he can't be near Hope without terrible things happening, but his response to being reminded of this was that he should let New Orleans burn so that he can be with her for Hayley's funeral? FFS. For someone who has been harping about how New Orleans is HIS CITY for the past five seasons, he sure doesn't give a shit about what happens to it as long as he gets to do what he wants. But that's not surprising because like most abusers, the most important thing to him is ownership. He doesn't care about what's best for the city or taking care of its inhabitants. Like his siblings, he feels that if he owns you, then he can abuse you, treat you like shit, neglect you, and do whatever he likes because he possesses you. Gawd, he's infuriatingly selfish.

And once again, he has decided to fuck with one of his siblings' significant others. The only difference is that he chose to give Antoinette a slow painful death instead of the quick deaths he gave so many of the others.

Good god. He's so fucking paranoid that even after Ivy agreed to do the astral projection for him, he still had the fucking gall to ask her if she was going to double cross him. That's because he knows that is exactly the kind of thing that he would do to someone - he would take advantage of someone's vulnerability while they're mourning to fuck them over. He wouldn't even hesitate - one thing he has in common with Greta's army (and not to defend the vamp nazis, but they were there to get Elijah and Antoinette back so they had a purpose besides general mayhem and chaos). And then the ingrate had the nerve to ask why Ivy's spell was taking so long. For someone with more than one witch in his family, he's ridiculously ignorant (and impatient) about how magic actually works.

Hahahaha, I totally cracked up when Freya realized that she hadn't told Declan that Hayley was dead - not because it's funny that poor Declan was left out of the loop and missed the funeral, but because OF COURSE the Mikaelsons don't think about anyone but themselves. Thank goodness that Klaus finally listened to Ivy and understood why he couldn't go to New Orleans - at least for a minute. The looks on everyone's faces when Klaus showed up in the bayou were priceless. We'll just let the signs of the apocalypse continue going down the list and risk every firstborn in New Orleans dying (after it's beset by things like blood raining from the sky). No big whoop. Totally worth it.

Even though losing her temper and going all Firestarter was a perfect example of why Hope is so dangerous, I really felt for her. Losing a parent is hard no matter how old you are, but Hayley is the only parent she's really known. On top of that, Hope is blaming herself for Hayley's death (and to be fair, it IS indirectly Hope's fault since she created the circumstances that led to Hayley's kidnapping - I don't blame her for Hayley's death but I understand why she feels guilty).

So after all this time, Klaus managed to be an okay dad for all of like thirty seconds. Of course, he kind of canceled out any points he got for that because he did so by risking a shitload of people dying but you know how that goes.

Poor Elijah - when Marcel compelled him to remember, Elijah was fighting so hard not to let all of that pain back in. He had been blissfully free of Klaus - all of his manipulation and guilt tripping - for only a few years. The horror on his face as he approached the red door - even without his memories, he knew that opening the door would hurt him immensely.

How did Marcel obtain this stash of Klaus blood? I'm guessing when he had him in the Head Garden, he took the liberty of bleeding him a little bit. But does Klaus know that Marcel has some of his blood? It seems like something that he would steal back at the first available opportunity if he knew about it.  Didn't Princess Crazypants' brother have a synthesized version of that blood? You'd think that Marcel would compel some science type person to come up with a lab created version so that he could have a bigger stash (because let's be real - Klaus isn't known for his self control so it's just a matter of time before he bites a vampire for annoying him).

• Love 2

Enjoyed Klaus being a father

Enjoyed Klaus’ forward thinking with Elijah’s memories, what he did to Antoinette was rough, BUT, she did send Elijah to “help” Roman even though she damn well knew what Greta was doing. Which thus indirectly let Hayley die. 

Really enjoyed Marcel stepping up again. 

Danielle really showed more chops this episode, making me buy into the spinoff a little more. 

LOL moment of the episode, when they were talking about Hayley’s friends I thought “hey they could call Tyler Lockwood?” Then I remembered they killed him in the most unmemorable way, and got a little upset Caroline didn’t use him or Stefan as examples in her letter of her own loss, but you know screw Parallels. 

Vincent was finally on the right track this episode. 

Keelin return was sweet. 

The two best scenes of the night were EASILY Klaus’ eulogy for Hayley and him showing up for Hope. Also, screw New Orleans and all the Supernatural politicking. 

Real tired of Nazi Vamps, unless they do something interesting with them soon. 

I’m a little confused I pretty much follow all the show’s dialogue, I thought the power in the siblings IS the Hollow. Now it’s some Apocalyptic prophecy? 

• Love 2
7 hours ago, TaylorBruh25 said:

LOL moment of the episode, when they were talking about Hayley’s friends I thought “hey they could call Tyler Lockwood?” Then I remembered they killed him in the most unmemorable way, and got a little upset Caroline didn’t use him or Stefan as examples in her letter of her own loss, but you know screw Parallels.

Also, they weren't on good terms since she double crossed him with Klaus and used/sacrificed all his sire-free hybrids/friends to get info on her family.

And here Klaus goes again, pissing off people who are trying to help him.  And he wonders why no one ever wants to be his friend.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, luckyroll3 said:

Also, they weren't on good terms since she double crossed him with Klaus and used/sacrificed all his sire-free hybrids/friends to get info on her family.

And here Klaus goes again, pissing off people who are trying to help him.  And he wonders why no one ever wants to be his friend.  

Oh yeah & I just remembered when Tyler crossed over he tried to kill Hope. 

Good episode, but next week's looks awesome. For once I wished I had saved them up and binged them.

The Hope actress did a good job this episode. Good casting there. I'm glad the spinoff got picked up, and am anxious to see the depictions of Josie and Lizzie.

If Hope was back at Hogwarts at the start, and Caroline had returned to her girls, why didn't she write anything in that letter like "Since I'm RIGHT HERE, I'll check in on Hope for you"? 

I still cannot believe that the showrunners thought nazi vampires in the final season was a good idea. Or maybe it's these particular nazi vampires that I don't find compelling. 

Still on Team Vincent. I'm starting to like Ivy more and more too. 

Even at his most annoying and frustrating, JM still portrays Klaus in such a way that makes me want him to do better, to learn, to mature. 

I'm looking forward to the Mikaelson family reunion next week, I heart Kol and Rebekah so much and would like for Elijah to yes, remember his family and past but to no longer take the  "always and forever" oath so literally. 

• Love 6

Platonic Kayley will forever be weakness of mine so Klaus absolutely slaughtered me this episode. His eulogy in the bayou and paying his respects by adding her name to the Kenner family tree was great but his choked 'Little Wolf' was everything, easily bringing me back to Hope's birth where Klaus cradled Hayley's body as he waited for Elijah - the first time it was undeniable that Klaus had come to truly care about Hayley herself. Further validating the bond between them Klaus' need to see Elijah pay not for hurting him or endangering Hope but for the pain his betrayal caused Hayley. 

Klaus really impressed me - obviously Ivy proved his people skills and manners could use help (though Ivy's sporadic understanding of the situation irked me) but his open loss over Hayley (both her death and her absence) and his determination to be their for Hope were not only humanizing but relatable. Similarly his actions toward Elijah showed more consideration than pure vengeance than Klaus' revenge is typically known for. Klaus' ability to recognize and acknowledge that the line was drawn, memories or not Elijah was lost to them and choosing to retaliate by killing Antoinette rather than destroying Elijah with the reality he killed Hayley whom he loved and was family - the mother of his niece. 

I'm rather done with 2 things in TO, one of them being messing with Elijah's mind. I'm sure Kol's commentary will be epic and Hayley, having once been in his mind, trying to keep Elijah away from the red door and self destruction was... something. But seriously between placing the red door then removing it a millenia later, his fractured mind with the pendant and Marcel erasing 'always&forever' in one go causing Elijah to forget everything, difficulty with slamming 1000 years into his mind at once... it's a lot just have his mind break or not.

The emphasis of firstborns being the other, we covered the curse of Mikaelson firstborns already do we really need to take on the firstborns of NOLA? Though conceivably a way to unite the factions I suppose. Truly the death of every firstborn to call New Orleans home drives me crazy with a pointless need to know exactly who qualifies other than Freya, Hope & Ivy. What about Klaus and Marcel presumably the firstborns of their father and mother respectively, and does Davina count having lived (and died) a NOLA witch despite having fled? Going further what about Keelin and Josh assuming they're the eldest. It's making me insane despite knowing none of it matters  because it will never actually happen.

• Love 5

I'm coming to this episode months late, but I had to add what a massive miscalculation I thought this episode was. Whether you shipped them or not, Elijah was a massive part of Hayley's storyline for years -- they were basically this show's Romeo and Juliet, this star-crossed pair that could never be together. The fact he didn't remember her at all, and worse, was there with his insta-girlfriend, whose unbalanced mother killed Hayley, was so tone-deaf. Elijah crying over Klaus-bitten Antoinette while Hayley is being buried was just bizarre.

I enjoyed Klaus' remembrance of Hayley -- they were dysfunctional co-parents, and somehow made that storyline work -- but to have Hayley be mainly remembered by just-joined-the-show-two-years-ago Freya and NuHope, who's barely six months into the role, felt so tonally off. It was like the actress did something to piss off the writers.

But Elijah, who was arguably one of Hayley's three main stories after Klaus and Hope, and the werewolves, to be in a cell somewhere, crying over a Special Guest Star's impending doom felt like a slap in the face to this long-time viewer of the show.