Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E21: The Unrivaled Standard

• Start Topic

Rene Royce reappears at the firehouse, which shocks Lt. Severide; Casey devises a plan to help Chief Boden; Kidd has regrets about a choice that she made in regards to Severide; Herrmann is in disagreement with Lt. Colannino.

Casey should have mentioned the time Boden hit 5 home runs in a game for the Cubs or when he extinguished a fire by just giving it a stare (no water necessary).

Why is Renee handling a free case for the CFD? They have their own lawyers.

Of course, they need to bring back the private ambulance unit to reinforce/remind us of the great work provided by Gabby (you too Sylvie)! 

Shouldn't Casey have assigned a partner with Hermann instead of telling him to find someone?

Why would the writers have the lady (forgot her name) had over cash to a stranger? They could have found a better way for Sylvie to find out.

Ha! I had a feeling the husband was showing up this week. So predictable. 

• Love 4

Loved the Mouch/Hermann scene near after the death of that firefighter. They are awesome.

Chief can’t leave House 51! Not yet! No!

1 hour ago, Reality police said:

I wish Sylvie would have told Cruz that she wasn't mad at him, just disappointed. 

I said it to him! ? 

• Love 3

Tonight kinda made me wonder how many women just walk up to the firehouse every day. Seemed like every time a scene changed here came another one. Just saying.

2 minutes ago, LittleIggy said:

Loved the Mouch/Hermann scene near after the death of that firefighter. They are awesome.

Chief can’t leave House 51! Not yet! No!

I said it to him! ? 

Glad I wasn't the only one yelling at the tv!

• Love 2

Maybe Colannino would still be alive if someone had actually bothered to put water on the damned fire.  Where was accountability? Who was the FAST truck?

Hermann and Mouch hit it out of the park tonight. Made up for all the other bullshit.

• Love 6

I have to agree about the storytelling on this one.  Very heartfelt.  Hermann's statement that he worked the victim's bootlace for "only a second, maybe a half-second" was a good representation of how time compresses in a situation like that.  I went back and manually counted, and he was there 8 seconds.  It really doesn't seem that long when you're concentrating. 

That chief is terribly tone-deaf, announcing to Severide that he was going for the Commissioner's slot at the widow's reception.

If they hadn't tied up the Halligan to make the Slammigan, the crew probably could have opened that side door without half the damage that the Jaws did.

Pretty bad when the private contractors have to tell the FD employees that there's going to be significant changes in CFD leadership.

• Love 3
(edited)

Where was Gabby at the end? Couldn't figure out a way to make it all about her so didn't go to the wake? Sylvie was there so they obviously weren't on shift. Not that I minded, I'd had enough of her by the time she was screeching like a banshee at the private ambulance guys. You know the guy wasn't choking when they asked them to tow it out instead of wreck it, seemed logical to me, but no then we wouldn't have got Gabby being her usual snarky self.

Stella is really falling down the rabbit hole now she's just there to moon over Severide all day, they need to wrap up that relationship now.

I agree that I wish Sylvie had told Cruz she was disappointed. I am guessing the now the husband has shown up that's the end of that storyline.

I loved Mouch, and I am glad they finally gave him something more than being a buffoon to work with, he hit it out of the park. Well done.

I really wish they would get over the annoying habit they have of making every person that the Firehouse crosses paths with a bad/evil/lazy/incompetent dolt. 

Now I love Boden but the love fest was a little OTT and how about all the Anvils they dropped on the fire ground. In six years we have never seen him give so many orders, he even remember the bit about water....eventually.

Edited by Guildford
  • Love 6

Gaby and her hatred of private paramedics is ridiculous. When the driver asked them not to ruin the door, the patient wasn´t seizing, and once he did, the driver said nothing against.  And it happened right away, they didn´t waste any seconds doing what the driver wanted that could've compromised the patient. Gaby mouthing off like they were going to let the patient die rather than ruin the ambulance was out of place.  And it has nothing to do with going private. She would still be the same trouble maker she is now.  Although they would have probably fire her by now.

Last we saw Renee, she was working in international finance law, now she´s handling pro bono cases for the CFD against an oil refinary. Does that make sense? I´m honestly asking cause I´ve no idea what the first thing is. Well, it´s benn 5 years, she could´ve had a career change I guess. Although I don´t recall Kelly having that "smartest and most knowledgeable" reputation back in season 1. Try harder, Renee.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, minamurray78 said:

Gaby and her hatred of private paramedics is ridiculous. When the driver asked them not to ruin the door, the patient wasn´t seizing, and once he did, the driver said nothing against.  And it happened right away, they didn´t waste any seconds doing what the driver wanted that could've compromised the patient. Gaby mouthing off like they were going to let the patient die rather than ruin the ambulance was out of place.  And it has nothing to do with going private. She would still be the same trouble maker she is now.  Although they would have probably fire her by now.

Last we saw Renee, she was working in international finance law, now she´s handling pro bono cases for the CFD against an oil refinary. Does that make sense? I´m honestly asking cause I´ve no idea what the first thing is. Well, it´s benn 5 years, she could´ve had a career change I guess. Although I don´t recall Kelly having that "smartest and most knowledgeable" reputation back in season 1. Try harder, Renee.

Grabby is a ridiculous horrible character. Full stop. This show is just so silly and going down hill now at a fast rate of knots.

• Love 1

I liked that Herman talked to Calliento but I got a strange thought that maybe he went the wrong way just to get rid of him. No excuse for him not to keep checking back or sidestepping his way forward as he looks back each step. 

I liked the convo between Mouch and Herrman and when Hermann was talking to the kid. 

Lame plot with Renee and I'm sure they do have their own lawyers. 

I wonder if Joe was set up or something because it seemed so strange and I do wonder if the lady's husband is an abuser or something. I think Sylvie should have told him that she was disappointed.

Ambulance rescue... sheesh.... lame. 

Season finale, already? Dang... 

2 hours ago, iMonrey said:

I have no memory whatsoever of Rene. What was her backstory?

All I remember is she was Kelly's girlfriend, then they broke up then she moved to Spain I think. Then she came back and liked about being pregnant with his baby. Anything else about her, I don't remember and I bet they will say that the boy is his son somehow. 

37 minutes ago, Waterston Fan said:
3 hours ago, iMonrey said:

I have no memory whatsoever of Rene. What was her backstory?

All I remember is she was Kelly's girlfriend, then they broke up then she moved to Spain I think. Then she came back and liked about being pregnant with his baby. Anything else about her, I don't remember and I bet they will say that the boy is his son somehow. 

Yes, Kelly was all set to take responsibility for the baby. Then Shay stepped up and basically forced him to get his head out of the sand, literally doing the math out loud for Kelly to realize that the due date did not add up with the last time he'd seen Rene. So Kelly then confronted her and she started bawling about how she'd had this one-night stand, how she knew the baby wasn't Kelly's but just "really wished it was" and so it was like she was mentally trying to make it so. Blech.

As for Colannino...anyone else know the second they arrived at the fire that something was going to happen to the guy? For one thing, they rarely work with other units at fires; and for another, why else would they have let us "get to know" the guy's sad little story literally minutes earlier? It seemed painfully obvious that we were supposed to feel badly about his loss, and we couldn't/wouldn't if we didn't know a little something about him. While I get what the writers were trying to do, it was still a bit of a cheap setup, IMO.

• Love 2

Maybe a dumb question about the guy who died in the fire but they are all wearing radios right? When Hermann lost the other guy why not just radio him and let him know where you are and to meet you outside?