Type keyword(s) to search

Walt Longmire

I think the last we saw of her was last season when she got angry with Walt when Vic stayed at his place because of the stalker.  I hated it when Walt and Vic were standing there like "Who us?  We're not up to anything!" and making Lizzie feel like a jealous idiot.   I liked Lizzie and I thought she was justified in her feelings, but I don't remember if she broke it off with Walt, and they haven't mentioned her at all so far this season. 

I liked Lizzie and I thought she was justified in her feelings, but I don't remember if she broke it off with Walt, and they haven't mentioned her at all so far this season.

Lizzie deserved better treatment.  It looks like they just used her to fill a  plot hole.

It's good that they broke it off.  Lizzie doesn't strike me as the kind of woman who'd come back for more humiliation.  She's nice, attractive, and well-off, so she shouldn't have much trouble finding someone else who would treat her right. 

...[Lizzie]'s nice, attractive, and well-off, so she shouldn't have much trouble finding someone else who would treat her right.

And was so much more appropriate for Walt than Vic! *sigh* Why, Show? Why are you going there? Because of some book source material? Grow a pair, Show, and be your own person!
  • Love 1

I used to really like Walt, but if he and Vic hook up, then it's over for me.  She's so undesirable, unnecessary and improper for him.  It just ruins the show for me.  And who thought it was a good idea?  I can't believe this got by a test audience.  Maybe they couldn't afford that kind of thing.

• Love 2

It's over for me, too, if they hook up.  Apparently the relationship was written about in the books but I'm hoping the writers go down another path. 

I'd like to think that Walt would have better sense than to hook up with an employee (especially one that I can't stand).  It would be even worse since it's such a small office.  There's no way they could keep it secret--people aren't stupid.  And how does he think Ruby, Ferg and Branch would feel with the boss screwing a subordinate?  Ugh.  We'll see.   

• Love 1

The actress playing Lizzie is on another show now.  But they weren't really "using" her on Longmire.  She was in, what, about four episodes, for about two minutes apiece.

She seemed to be a more age-appropriate than Vic.  But more importantly, Lizzie and Walt don't work together.  Wasn't it Vic, in Season1, maybe 2, who yelled at Branch for something (can't remember what) but her point was (and it's graphic): Don't shit where you eat (or work).  So Vic knows (especially after the Gorski thing) better than to have a fling with a co-worker.  But . . .

It's not even the age thing, for me.  It's more that the two of them don't seem to fit together.  They're more father-daughter, or, maybe, big-brother-little-sister.  I know those both suggest age, but it's the relationship I see them in, and it's the relationship that I think existed in Season 1. 

I honestly don;t see Walt dating anyone.  But especially not Vic.  (This doesn't mean I'm "down" on Vic.  Even though I do think the writers have not helped the character this season.)

• Love 2

I would rather not see a Walt/Vic hookup, I see them as friends and colleagues only, but it's more than that, I just wanted to have one show that I watch stay unique in some manner. It seems like it's a must on almost every other crime/procedural show that the male/female leads hookup and I liked that Longmire didn't go there. Novelty can be a wonderful thing, too bad it doesn't seem to be much in-fashion these days.

Edited by DittyDotDot
  • Love 2

Watching the DVDs from my library to catch up on eps I missed. Although there are a number of things I like about this show, the thing that really kept me coming back is Robert Taylor's sublimely under-stated intensity. I do not understand how an actor can say so little, and yet leave no doubt in the viewer's mind about what the character is feeling.

A thing I noticed: the only time Walt is warmly friendly is when he is play-acting to lull a witness or suspect into a damaging admission. That cracks me up. :D 

So, um, yeah. That was a thing I liked about this show that got cancelled. >:( 

• Love 5

Oh, dear, I really don't see Walt being the sort to shag a woman the age of his daughter.  If Vic looked a little older or Cady younger than perhaps I could see it, but otherwise, it doesn't seem to be in character for him to hook up with an inappropriately aged female.  I thought he truly loved his wife and that he'd choose someone like her (though we really don't know a lot about her.)  Cady has to be late 20s or early 30s if she is a lawyer who had worked at a firm (again why he'd let his lawyer daughter work in a bar rather then encourage her to apply for a job at another firm in some nearby county or start her own practice is a little odd too.)  I could understand if Vic was an experienced detective in her 40s but she sure doesn't come across as that age or experience. I sort of wish I knew a little more about the Vic character that is in the book to see what the attraction is/was.  I like the Longmire character but if any Vic hook up happens it would definitely take the shine off him a bit, since it shows that he'd be easily influenced by the trait of older guys that think hooking up with some younger good looking chick makes him some studly dude.  Not cool. 

I think it was in season 1 or 2 that Henry was having a conversation with Branch. It was about the first time he said he met Walt. It was sixth grade and they got into a fight. He said they had been friends for 36 years.  So 12+ 36 = 48. I can buy Henry being 48, but not Walt. Unless he had Kady when he was 18. Am I missing something? 

Well,  remember that was 5 years ago. In 2012 Robert Taylor was 49 and LDP was 50.  Do we know how old Cady was supposed to be at that point?

It's better than the books where both Walt and Henry fought in Vietnam!