Type keyword(s) to search

The People's Court - General Discussion

• Start Topic

16 hours ago, PsychoKlown said:

I could suggest though that if she has a beef with her husband and his "friend" she could take it to THE PEOPLE'S COURT.

You can be a witness!

Like so many other useless witnesses you can state that no, you didn't actually SEE anything with your own eyeballs, say, "Let me explain",  and then you can launch into a long, digressive monologue about your residence and where your living room is situated in relation to where your front windows are situated and which look onto their residence but you never sit there because it's a formal living room that is seldom used - you just got your sofas recovered in very costable material and don't want anyone sitting on them or maybe spilling a drink on them - and your family room is down the hall in the back of the house and it's much more comfortable there and your 65" TeeVee is there and that's where you usually spend your time. Add that you were watching TPC as a little suck-up, but Mrs. Cheated-On told you, she verbalized her suspicions to you and YOU think...

When told that's hearsay, you can start over with, "Okay. Mrs C-O related to me..." Look affronted and roll your eyes when told to stop talking.

Wear a ton of blue eyeshadow, over-sized fake eyelashes, a tight top that displays cleavage/your massive cross so we can sit here and snark at you.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 4

Okay, today new cases.

First, an argument about whether or not a condo owner doing remodeling work damaged the freight elevator. Plaintiff wants $1000 back of his security deposit plus another $2000 for something about how he has been harassed. Defendant HOA president(?) was so clueless that it was painful to watch. He didn't bring in any witnesses or evidence and had no recognizable defense. I guess the HOA figured it was easiest to just play dumb and let the show pay the plaintiff.

Second, a really annoying old fart (takes one to know one so I know) plaintiff who claims that a tow driver ruined the engine of his 140,000+ mile car (which needed to be towed because the engine wouldn't start instantly). Plaintiff is an obnoxious loudmouth who really believes that saying something loudly makes it correct. He hasn't the faintest idea of anything under the hood of a car, shows a picture of a valve cover with a dent and a crack in it which proves(?) that the engine is destroyed. He also has a picture of a rocker arm (which looks brand new) and the cylinder head. He has a hand written note from his friend mechanic (not certified, neither mechanic nor document) that says the engine is kaput but nothing that connects to the towing. Plaintiff signs off after JM explains simply and completely why he lost with a parting "that's a crock".

• Like 7
1 hour ago, DoctorK said:

First, an argument about whether or not a condo owner doing remodeling work damaged the freight elevator.

I never thought I'd watch a whole case about scratches on a freight elevator, but I did.

Def HOA guy was hilarious. He didn't think video actually showing P damaging the elevator was "germane" to the case. OH, wait - he didn't even know such a video existed until now, so how did he know it wasn't germane if he never saw it? JM wants to know. He doubletalks until she gives up.

Next, he has pictures showing the trail of destruction from P's condo to the elevator. This will surely prove what he's saying. "What am I looking at?" JM asks. The pictures show a carpet on the hall floor. "Where's the damage?" Oh, well - def informs her these are pictures from AFTER the carpet was cleaned.

He thought these pictures were valuable to establish something or other. He also calls JM "Miss" a couple of times and gets reprimanded. None of the people who actually saw P doing the damage (and he very well might have) are here. P gets greedy, as usual, and wants 2 1/2 times what he's out, which is 1K. He gets that and nothing more. This isn't the lottery office.

From what we've seen on this show, HOA presidents have very inflated opinions of themselves, to the point where they feel they should not need proof of any nonsense they claim. I guess absolute power does corrupt absolutely?😆 I am never EVER moving into a condo.

Second, a really annoying old fart

He is kind of a generic old fart of the type I hate - ignorant, loud-mouthed, and belligerent and nothing on the planet can convince them they're not right. There was already something very wrong with his 12-year-old vehickle but he's convinced that the tow truck driver savagely damaged it, cracking the engine block, among other things, merely by driving it a few feet onto a flat bed.

Someone, somewhere told him to NOT step on the gas when his heap conks out, not under any circumstances, yet the driver did so with these catastrophic results. P reminded me of the other Old Fart whose ancient heap conked out at a car wash and naturally his "theory" was that the last place he visited that day was responsible for the repairs.

Def was irritating as well. Of course, the driver who did the job that day couldn't wait around and is not here, and D repeated "burden of proof" twice (once incorrectly) but still the cantankerous P has zero proof anyone did anything to his old car.

Plaintiff signs off after JM explains simply and completely why he lost with a parting "that's a crock".

I guess she didn't hear that.

• Like 5

Waste of an episode. First case plaintiff clearly was looking for a payday from the show. Watching these litigants is why the world is the way it is today. Abusing the court system, police, and getting away with it all. Why not go on a TV court show and make some more money. Defendent countersued of course. Can't be left out. Pathetic. JM awarded them nothing but the show pays these litigants anyway. Next case was one more about dogs fighting. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
2 hours ago, rcc said:

Waste of an episode.

I didn't watch it all. I started FF'ing when I couldn't figure out who was who, why P gave custody of her kid to her momma who spends all her time in court, how they all were related and who was zooming who. Stopped, heard injunctions/restraining orders and then something about gunshots and drugs (Mollies??)WTF...didn't stop again until JM got Douglas to give Rotunda or whatever her name was, the boot.

Okay, people: Be honest. How many of you have filed at least 30 injunctions?

Then heard "dog", said, "Fuck you, Levin" and that was it. Bring back more scratched elevators and goofy, haughty HOA presidents!

• Like 3

Yesterday's Show, I saw JM look like she was going to fall asleep and Douglas checking out his phone.  

I see that as a message from the Producers - they are going to change casts.  It's such an easy gig  - it is crazy to me people look bored.  

They wouldn't have shown those pics if they weren't ready to change.

• Like 1

I was ready to sign out today when I thought we had yet another case of a cantankerous old fart squawking that something unfixable that wasn't fixed by the def. BUT, it did get interesting, sort of.

Mr. Grollneck bought a brand new, 2400$ computer on sale for 1700$. I just bet it was "Renewed" or "Refurbished" since the OS - Win8 - was not being used when he said the bought the thing. He takes it to his so-called buddy at the computer shop after he steps on the cord and rips it out of the motherboard. It's also running very slow so Defs fix it and update it to Win10. Then the mouse wasn't working right and neither was the backlight.

Grollneck is suing for 10,000$ for the  cost of the other repair shops he  took the computer to, plus 7,500$ in emotional distress since he lost everything on his computer, all his records, customers and invoices etc. According to Def, Grolleneck just wanted to watch horse racing. P didn't know anything about backing up, and that's someone's else fault I guess.

Anyway, we find out Grollneck was running for mayor and wanted the tech shop to give him a donation and they refused. Def says they refused to take any more business from him due to his harassing and threatening calls to his shop.

Grollneck ran over a woman and killed her, seems to care not at all and he, as JM calls it, "flippantly" used that in one of his harassing calls - "I guess I need to run someone over to get Dan to call me back". 😮 He also told them, "You'll wish you were dead" and "You're a dead man walking." He is unperturbed about everyone hearing this and said he thinks he heard that in a movie but it doesn't mean anything. Defs call the cops. I guess nothing was done, maybe since he's a major political VIP or something.

He was totally nonchalant about this. He lost the election, yet 1,000 people out of 4,000 voted for him, this unrepentant old thug!

He has no proof Defs did anything wrong so he gets nothing. JM informs him he can get the same old used computer on eBay for 299$.

I kept skipping through the next case and the only thing I didn't understand is why the hell Def let P "Faye" live in his place for over a year, when she got drunk and belligerent, skipped paying rent, bitched about everything, had ex-girlfriends coming over and getting into fistfights with her and another g/f living there and freeloading.

400$ for def on the counterclaim and JM thinks he should have asked for more.

• Like 6
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

he steps on the cord and rips it out of the motherboard.

That was one of the many things from the idiot plaintiff that irritated me. The statement makes no sense at all. No wire or cable that comes out of the case is attached directly to the motherboard in either laptops or desk tops. Cables plug in to connectors on the case for either type and on a laptop, any of the cables would just pull out of the connector on the case or yank the whole computer off the desk. Maybe I should cut him some slack because of his complete ignorance about anything related to computers but I was more bothered by his flippant discussion of the dead pedestrian and his clear threats of violence. He had a really disassociated attitude and reminded me of the ID-TV series that documents the early signs of psychopathy. I hope he is just an annoying ignoramus and jerk, but if I was in the defendant's position, I would look into increased security for his business and his home.

3 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

brand new, 2400$ computer on sale for 1700$. I just bet it was "Renewed" or "Refurbished" since the OS - Win8 - was not being used when he said the bought the thing

Yeah, refurb or pawn shop orphan laptop. My current 2011 laptop came with win8 which was OK, but the so-called free upgrade to win10 was needed when win8 support stopped. I say so-called because the "free" one is not a full win10 and doesn't allow full admin control; apparently for an extra $100 to microsoft I can get full win10. Thanks microsoft.

P.S. I also laughed when one of the experts he took the computer to was known as "Mr. Apple" (repeated several times to impress us) presumably based on his expertise with Apple devices none of which use any version of windows.

Edited by DoctorK
clarification
  • Like 2
  • Useful 1
15 hours ago, DoctorK said:

No wire or cable that comes out of the case is attached directly to the motherboard in either laptops or desk tops.

Right, of course. I have an old, seldom-used laptop and if you pull the cable out it has nothing to do with the inside. It's like pulling an electrical cord plug out of a wall socket. It damages nothing inside the wall.

15 hours ago, DoctorK said:

I was more bothered by his flippant discussion of the dead pedestrian and his clear threats of violence. He had a really disassociated attitude and reminded me of the ID-TV series that documents the early signs of psychopathy

He was very creepy. His expression never changed and he was more "emotionally distressed" over his old computer than us hearing his threats and over the woman he killed.

When JM asked him about the death, I swear he was smirking while trying to defend it by starting to say, "I was only going 5mph..." In that case it's even worse since he should have been able to stop. Had I run over and ended someone's life, no matter whose fault, I doubt I would ever get over it but he not only just shrugs it off like it's no biggie but uses it to make wisecracks as though he's proud of it.

I wonder if the goofy tech guy has heard the last of him.

• Like 2
  • Applause 3

First case today plaintiff saying OK after every point in her testimony was so bad. Then defendant paying for the old car $20 at a time but quit paying because the car is junk. Lol Then next case ex-wife borrows money from ex and his new girlfriend. Girlfriend dies so she doesn't have to pay because ex has no job so money came from her. It's amazing the fine quality of litigants we are getting lately. Lol

• Like 4
  • Wink 1
28 minutes ago, rcc said:

fine quality of litigants we are getting lately. Lol

I used to find people like them to be amusing but now I find them depressing. Both of them were pathetic. Neither one could do the most basic arithmetic of adding and subtracting (good thing they didn't have to try long division), and neither understood the concept of receipts and evidence. Neither one could make a coherent case and logic is another area of complete inability, although the plaintiff's extravagant use of grand hand gestures and facial expressions would make any third grader in a school play proud. Just sad.

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, rcc said:

First case today plaintiff saying OK after every point in her testimony was so bad.

OMG! I wishing JM would do as JJ does and order her to STOP saying, "OKAY" at the end of every single sentence.

Is it a good idea to sell your car to someone for payments and give them the title before it's paid? P thought so. She reclines nearly horizontally in her chair to duck lip and chicken neck at everything Def says. Both of them are, "I trusted her". And we get the ol' "disrepect" from D while she constantly fingered her very janky wig, as though a deadbeat trying to weasel her way out of paying what she owes is deserving of so much respect.

P , who wants something like 2600$ for the 430$ that's owed on the wreck, for gas and pain and suffering of COURSE, says D was driving a "hooptie" and JM says, "More of a hooptie than a 22-year-old car?" Def bought the thing as is with no checks of any kind on it and proclaims, "I did not do no test drive".

She was shocked that this ancient veehickle needed work and was filthy, so why should she finish paying the blalance on the 950$ for it? In fact, she wants 1300$ for what she's spent on the heap. JM has to give yet another "As is" speech. P gets her 430$ plus interest. Def tells Doug that "God is good" and she got another car, thanks to God.

The two lowlifes in the next case were very icky. For some reason they got married, but the big love affair didn't last very long. Def, Mr. Paunovich, a very homely, porky, seemingly broke-ass dork lost his license for DUI and reckless driving and hasn't been able to afford to get that license back in the last 12 years, yet is still such a Lothario, such a seductive Don Juan he met some woman online and seduced or maybe hypnotized her and he was able to "take her away" from her husband and children.

Def and new g/f become  friends and the rough Def claims they were at a restaurant when P lunged over the table and said he would kill her. HE says it was the other way around. Cops were called. The cops took Def home and the restaurant manager drove P and his wheelchair-bound g/f home. P depends on the kindness of strangers to chaffeur him around, I guess. I think maybe he married the unpleasant D just so he'd have a permanent driver.

Mr. Paunovich's new love had MS, passed away and I have a feeling Def got whatever money she may have left behind.

Def borrowed money from P and his new ladylove - Def says it was new g/f who loaned her the money -  so she wouldn't get evicted and P is suing for the money, some 340$, plus about 600% per annum interest for a total of 1795$ or so. Maybe he figured that out while drunk. Don't think so, Paunovich. 340$ +legal interest for him. I hope airing this filthy laundry was worth it for them.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
23 minutes ago, DoctorK said:

Just sad.

It's very depressing and often bordering on sickening, but just think: This is the way so many live their lives and it gives me (us) reason to be grateful and know I (we) haven't done so badly after all.

• Like 4

JM blew it on the engine fire case. She listened to the defendant but understood nothing of what he said and just jumped to her assumed idea of what happened. (Still made the correct decision though, see below)

1. She missed the point that was explained about the defective alternator not bleeding off the charge in the capacitor; it is normal to consider the electrical system cold after the battery is disconnected but here there was an unknown fault in the alternator.

2. The fuel rail clearly showed where the spark jumped to the rail and did not penetrate the rail, and there was a separate place where there was indeed a small hole in the fuel rail that was not from the spark. This would leak fuel and vapor out around the fuel rail and and provide vapor that could (and apparently did) ignite from the spark, The idea that a wrench unintentionally touching other parts while working in the engine compartment is a negligent error could only come from someone who has not spent any time working under a car hood.

However, this doesn't change the fact that this happened as a (non negligent in my opinion) accident resulting from several unlikely defects for which the shop is absolutely liable and that is what insurance is for.

Oh well, JJ reruns are coming on so I can get annoyed with her also. Hope she doesn't do one of her addlepated (a wonderful adjective that seems to have faded away) accident recreations.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

So, Mr Nasty plaintiff blocks someone out of a parking space, gets in a verbal argument over that, and then goes into the pet store, where defendant's Italian Water Dog, 25 lbs.  jumps up and grabs his nut.     Then defendant kicks him out of the store, and locks the door after him, 911 is called then he went to the doctor.   He claims he was virtually neutered, but doctor couldn't see anything wrong, and a urologist.   No teeth marks were seen.   Italian Water Dog was the culprit.   

Then they show the video of the plaintiff coming to the door, the dog clearly visible from outside, and the defendant/shop owner grabbing his dog back, while plaintiff shields his testicles with the bag he was carrying.   As JM says, plaintiff is a liar, and dog never touched his testicles.    What a liar the plaintiff is.     No contact means no bite, and no injuries. 

Plaintiff was suing for $8,000.  Plaintiff case dismissed. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 5
45 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

So, Mr Nasty plaintiff blocks someone out of a parking space

I saw "dog" and was going to skip this but for some reason I watched it. I'm not sure but I think JM may have hated the muttering, motor-mouthed, digressing, douchebag-haired, old lady-looking blob, Kinghorn, even more than I did.

He had his speech all rehearsed - "I guess this all started with an iguana"  - which he thought was cute, I guess. Not so.

He's been married for 25 years! He would never say anything mean to a woman or steal her parking space, even when he's stealing her parking space and screaming at her like the worm he is. Uh, yeah - congratulations, Mrs. Kinghorn, you lucky woman, on snagging this prime specimen. He's just fortunate the parking lot woman didn't kick him in his wee peanuts.

Before getting to the wimpy Mr. Kinghorn's testicles - and I never want to hear that word again - he was going to look for reptile repellent as "Iguanas keep using our pool as a "restroom". I never knew lizards used restrooms. The idiot can tell the world about his icky testes ad nauseum but not say "defecate" like a grownup? Gee, I hated him.

I did agree that Def should have his dog better trained not to jump up, as some people are afraid of strange dogs approaching them, or he could keep him gated in one area.

We have to hear how many unfortunate people were forced to examine Kinghorn's yucky balls AND how his wife, who knows these balls better than anyone thought they looked red or something 🤢 He probably hurt the gross cyst he has there when he slammed his little bag of meds on himself. None of the legion of ball-checkers saw any evidence of a bite or even a scratch.

Then we see the video of a very friendly dog getting close to Kinghorn but never even jumping on him, let alone biting his jewels. The owner grabbed the dog before he even made contact. Kinghorn then searched for a lawyer to get him a big payday of $8,000 but it seems not even the worst of the nickel-grabbing TV commercial lawyers would take this non-case.  Fuck off, Kinghorn.

And fuck off, Levin - "Bitten in the CROTCH!" Levin just LOVES crotches (especially if they're dirty) and butts and stinky and/or leaky things. What a squicky little deviant he is.

Douglas was making funny faces during this case and I bet he was beyond relieved that JM didn't ask HIM to check Kinghorn's package as I recall he had to view some other intimate part of a litigant. 😆

Mr. Kinghorn and his Balls tell Hall-Doug that JM is obviously NOT a Florida judge and doesn't understand the law there. Doug corrects that and spanks him quite well for that stupidity.

I don't know how the next case about the engine fire turned out. It was quite dull with the usual def explaining exactly what his mechanic did but neglects to bring the mechanic who actually did the work and P brings a bunch of words typed on printer paper from other garages and all that crap.

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
On 2/4/2023 at 12:58 PM, AngelaHunter said:

You can be a witness!

Wear a ton of blue eyeshadow, over-sized fake eyelashes, a tight top that displays cleavage/your massive cross so we can sit here and snark at you.

Two very necessary components are missing if you all want me to be a witness supplying the snark.  Chest tattoos and a pierced tongue.  Whaddya think about PsychoKlown  across the chest in a greenish blue color?  Be honest because I’m not married to that idea  Open to suggestions.

All is quiet across the street. Not a peep.  My husband is calling me Gladys (Kravitz) because anytime I’m heading upstairs I take a quick look out the side windows of the front door.

And today’s Tale of the Traumatized Testicle (the left one) was so convoluted the befuddled plaintiff could not form a coherent sentence.  What a liar.  But so glad he clarified that Mrs. Traumatized Testicle (the left one) is even more familiar with the Traumatized Testicle (the left one) than Mr. Traumatized Testicle (the left one).  Glad to know. Question:  Where was the Testicle Connoisseur?  Why wasn’t she standing beside her husbands proud Testicles?  The left one. 

I wasn’t impressed with the defendant much either.  Letting your dog roam around a business is asking for trouble.  Neither deserved any cash.  And plaintiff was still adamant his Testicle (the left one) was injured, damaged and certainly traumatized.  I did enjoy him bitching to Doug that all his evidence wasn’t heard.  

I am not sure but my guess is for the big finish of the case he was going to drop his trousers and show the centerpiece of this case…his Traumatized Testicle. And you’re absolutely correct…the left one!!!

Going to order some pizza to enjoy with my bottom shelf wine.  

2 minutes ago, PsychoKlown said:

I wasn’t impressed with the defendant much either.  Letting your dog roam around a business is asking for trouble.

Well, it IS a petstore. The one I used to frequent had two dogs and a cockatoo loose all the time. The difference was that those dogs never approached anyone unless a person called them over and the cockatoo stayed on top of its cage.

But yeah, even people visiting a pet store don't necessarily have dogs and may fear them. Besides, I worry about the safety of my dog too. Lots of creepy nuts out there who might harm it.

15 minutes ago, PsychoKlown said:

Question:  Where was the Testicle Connoisseur?  Why wasn’t she standing beside her husbands proud Testicles?  The left one. 

I did wonder since she had all kinds of Pertinent Package info, but then was grateful we didn't have to hear any more scrotal oratory. Blah.

33 minutes ago, PsychoKlown said:

Chest tattoos and a pierced tongue.

The pierced tongue is optional, but 4" long fake talons in green or yellow are mandatory, as are titty tats.

34 minutes ago, PsychoKlown said:

My husband is calling me Gladys (Kravitz) because anytime I’m heading upstairs I take a quick look out the side windows of the front door.

😆

gladys kravitz - Google Search.png

• LOL 4

My personal favorite moment was the lying POS plaintiff telling Doug in the halter view that "she's not a Florida judge."  Apparently Mr. Ching Ching let the Cash Register Ring doesn't show her background when he made that stupid comment. Doug was happy to educate him.  Also loved that he changed it in the hallway to "not just bite but jump up on....."  except jump up on doesn't get you to an $8,000 payday and you NEVER mentioned it - you insisted you were BITTEN.  

And dude, if you were bit in the balls, you would have doubled over at the moment.  

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
3 hours ago, Carolina Girl said:

My personal favorite moment was the lying POS plaintiff telling Doug in the halter view that "she's not a Florida judge."  Apparently Mr. Ching Ching let the Cash Register Ring doesn't show her background when he made that stupid comment.

During the case he tried to educate her on FL law and she told him, "I live there." The muttering fraud couldn't stop blabbering long enough to hear that.

• Like 5
14 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

During the case he tried to educate her on FL law and she told him, "I live there." The muttering fraud couldn't stop blabbering long enough to hear that.

Give the guy a break. His Traumatized Testicle (the left one) was clouding his judgement, good sense and logical reasoning skills.  That vicious dog was clearly trained to attack all enemies coming from the pharmacy  

Side Note:  I was sending a reply to a work message regarding the test results of a client.  It appears I’ve been typing the word testicle so much lately that my auto correct changed tests to testicles. 

Try explaining that kind of mistake to your boss. 

4 minutes ago, PsychoKlown said:

Give the guy a break. His Traumatized Testicle (the left one) was clouding his judgement, good sense and logical reasoning skills.  That vicious dog was clearly trained to attack all enemies coming from the pharmacy  

Side Note:  I was sending a reply to a work message regarding the test results of a client.  It appears I’ve been typing the word testicle so much lately that my auto correct changed tests to testicles. 

I once got a text from an employee that was supposed to say "the count is done" but it was missing an o & not the one in done.

• LOL 4
9 hours ago, PsychoKlown said:

It appears I’ve been typing the word testicle so much lately that my auto correct changed tests to testicles. 

After hearing  about "increasingly phallic" Xmas sweaters, Shitass Romeo, dominatrixes, and lurid tales of 3-somes in the background on your phone and zoom calls I don't think they need any explanations and have already formed their own conclusions.

• LOL 2

Yesterday’s kerfuffle about an eighty page tome poorly written was giving me a headache.  I sat through 32 minutes of the nonsense and still could not figure out the complaint.  I suspect it was an attempt to promote the book.  

Good Luck with that. 

Then the month-to-monther who wanted all her money back and defendant who was not positioned correctly in front of her screen. My headache was getting worse. 

Something about a sick sister in Virginia, an estranged husband and cleaning unoccupied rooms.  I finally left to take a couple of aspirins.  

Hey judges…j’ever get electrocuted?  

No, but whoever writes these stupid, idiots, moronic questions should be. 

2 hours ago, PsychoKlown said:

Yesterday’s kerfuffle about an eighty page tome poorly written was giving me a headache

I can imagine how much editing those 80 pages needed. I think she was suing the defendant for not getting her masterpiece on Kindle? Maybe? But it seemed that happened because P had to do that herself but didn't know how to do it. Def certainly earned the money working with this P. The book doesn't sound exactly riveting, so I think I'll keep my 17.99$ which is what P thought this was worth.

Something about a sick sister in Virginia, an estranged husband and cleaning unoccupied rooms.

It's the old "family emergency" excuse to weasel out of debts or obligations. Florence NIghtingale had to duck out to nurse her ailing sister but we know she went running back to hubby.

Defendant looked like she was thinking about putting Hansel and Gretel in an oven.

levinelectrocuted829.jpg

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
1 hour ago, patty1h said:

Harvey looks like an old basset hound that woke up after hearing a squirrel in a nearby tree -

Hence my fond nickname for Shortstuff: "Droopy Dawg".

Today was excruciatingly boring with the first two litigants as dumbs as stumps: "We didn't bring any evidence at all with us today."

P with his douchebag glasses actually seemed drugged or more likely just really slow-thinking and brought zero evidence that the tow damaged his car by puncturing both tires on the passenger side. It sounds like it was probably the construction crew working on the street where he left his illegally parked all night. He thinks showing a receipt for 2 new tires proves something.

Smirking "Hey, Judge. How ya doin'?" Def was just a kind of shifty hustler. JM wants to see the form where P signed off that he got his car back from car jail in good condition. 'Oh, I don't have that. I didn't bring anything! I was in a hurry this morning." Take his word for it. It was signed.

Dumbass P gets nothing, of course even though he feels what probably happened was... He wants the cost of the tow back, plus the new tires/installation, PLUS money he lost for two days because no way could a great big boy like him ever figure out how to get to work without his car.

In the hall he opines that JM got it all wrong. Yeah, right, dingbat. Go back to law school. I just wish JM would have ordered the idiot to stop saying, "YEAH".

"Hey, Judges! Did you ever run out of gas?" Levin, don't make me meme you again. It won't be pretty.

Maybe they didn't run out of gas but I did and couldn't go on to the second case about resold/refurbished or "this, that, and the third" sneakers or PS5s or some shit.

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

The only fun to be had today was Judge John, stating he really understands 'emotional distress' after being married to JM for 29 years. I bet he got a spanking later. He's getting awfully cheeky in these segments.

The mosaic hanging, the destruction of a 35$, 20-year-old decorative plate, 125$ (or maybe 98$) to frame pics cut from a calendar was tedious. Not knocking the calendar art framing. I downloaded two drawings of rats, photoshopped them so they are taking baths in old-fashioned tubs to hang in my renovated bathroom. They're pretty cute although I do confess I got the frames at the dollar store. Def wins 170$ on the counterclaim. Can we sue for our time being wasted?

Then a thick-headed, gnarly waif wants the costs of repairs for a 15-year-old Honda she bought from def. Yes, she and her boyfriend test drove it but it was just a "quick highway". Seems her man had Mario Andretti dreams, floored it to nearly 100mph and was satisfied. The bill of sale says "AS IS". Of course, she leaves empty-handed.

She tells Doug that the judge didn't let her talk! She couldn't get a mechanic there at 9p.m. to check the car, she huffs indignantly. She could take it to two places afterwards and find out it needed a fortune in repairs. Shut up.

• Like 7
55 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

The mosaic hanging, the destruction of a 35$, 20-year-old decorative plate, 125$ (or maybe 98$) to frame pics cut from a calendar was tedious.

Judge Milan pre-decided that the mosaic falling off the wall two weeks after defendant hung it, had to be defendant's fault, though plaintiff had no proof beyond showing a bent nail and JM deciding, because she knows such things, that such a nail is too small.  Plaintiff could have brought the mosaic in to show its weight.  Could have been told she should have brought a picture hanging expert as a witness or at least an affidavit from such an expert.  Why was this case any different then all of the auto mechanic cases were plaintiff says, "as soon as I drove the car, it stopped working, so must have been the defendant's fault" and lose for just having a theory and not having an expert?  Could the plaintiff have moved the mosaic to straighten it or dust it?  Guess not.  I also did not like that plaintiff got full value, $35, for what she said, without proof, that she paid for the glass plate many years ago.  Why not the current, I assume lesser, value of what the plate is worth today, like in other cases, not replacement cost?  Plaintiff did not bring proof of value of the glass plate, so she should recover zero.  I know I have seen JM rule this way before.  I know $35 is not a lot, but the rules about proof of value and what can be recovered, should be the same in all cases, not ignored like it sometimes is when JM likes a plaintiff.  Some litigants are liked by JM and some are disliked.  Plaintiff in case one was liked and defendant was disliked from the outset.          

Edited by Bazinga
  • Like 6
46 minutes ago, Bazinga said:

Plaintiff did not bring proof of value of the glass plate, so she should recover zero. 

It wasn't even glass, which she found out when she tried to have it "melted down"(?) to make a new one. She also claimed her mosaic is 75lbs. I doubt that.

This was another "no proof needed" day, but I think JM is fed up with so-called professional people who keep no receipts, invoices or contracts of any kind. Nothing in writing and no paper trail is the way they conduct their businesses.

• Like 4

I didn’t see all of todays Masterpiece Theatre.    I suspect something recently happened for Judge John to make that snide comment  Something tells me he’ll pay handsomely for that remark  

I did catch the defendant of the junker/clunker case in her natural habitat.  Were my eyes deceiving me or was there a can of bug spray proudly displayed on the window ledge alongside the extension cord?  

The whole display was jarring to say the least. I am very mindful of my background when on video calls. Once I was sitting at my kitchen table with my back to a hutch that houses my cookbooks.  The person I was meeting with said “I have the same Betty Crocker Cookbook”.  Her comment threw me off for the rest of the meeting because I could see she was looking through my cookbook collection. 

You’d think people would be more aware of what is showing up in the screen. 

I know…I’m a dreamer. 

1 hour ago, PsychoKlown said:

I suspect something recently happened for Judge John to make that snide comment  Something tells me he’ll pay handsomely for that remark  

He's made snide remarks to her before. I think he's like the kids who act up in public knowing the parents won't spank them in front of everyone. With these two, I'd love to be a fly on the wall when the segment ends. I can almost hear the harsh whisper of, "Just wait til these people leave!" Maybe the punishment is worth it to him.

Were my eyes deceiving me or was there a can of bug spray proudly displayed on the window ledge alongside the extension cord?  

Yep. A big ol' can of RAID. 🪳

Once I was sitting at my kitchen table with my back to a hutch that houses my cookbooks.  The person I was meeting with said “I have the same Betty Crocker Cookbook”.

You need to do what some of our litigants have done - tack a grungy, wrinkled old sheet up behind you.

BTW, is that cookbook with the red gingham cover? I have that one. My stepfather gave it to me before I got married. I think it saved my marriage because until then the only things I could cook were scrambled eggs and hamburger patties and why am I rambling about boring nonsense like a litigant?

• LOL 4

“I have the same Betty Crocker Cookbook”.

52 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

BTW, is that cookbook with the red gingham cover? I

I've got one of them also, I just went out to the kitchen to flip through it and all of the notes I have pasted into for favorite recipes. However, OMG, mine isn't the real Betty Crocker cookbook, it is the a Better Homes & Gardens knock off, complete with the red gingham cover, It is in in a large five ring binder and 400 pages, and I suspect that it is the same, H&G probably paid to do their own cover and sold it through their magazine. The newest copyright on is 1962 and I figure I got it from Mom around the time I moved out in 1975. It is still a great source of recipes.

H&G1.JPG

H&G2.JPG

• Applause 3
2 hours ago, DoctorK said:

However, OMG, mine isn't the real Betty Crocker cookbook, it is the a Better Homes & Gardens knock off, complete with the red gingham cover,

Well, hell - I just looked and mine is the H&G version too! The only difference is mine is the size of a paperback book. I always loved it and it's pretty tattered now, after 25 years.

I guess PsychoKlown, being all and mighty, has a REAL Betty Crocker cookbook while we, like so many duped litigants, get the cheap knockoffs.  😏

Yours could have some value as "vintage". Maybe you should peddle it on FB Marketplace, "FleaBay" or CL and hope you won't have some nutjob pounding on your door at midnight, flattening your tires and/or demanding you come out to fight them, and wanting a refund (plus the cost of a new cookbook) because a few of the pages had came loose.

Better Homes and Gardens New Cookbook.png

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

We hear accusations of a Christian girl having *gasp* sex before marriage! I was scandalized!  I'm sure def, who seems to get her makeup done at "Sad Clown College" was pure as the driven snow before popping out some kids with the baby daddy, Fernando. Hey, you wanted to a be a nurse and have a bunch of kids. Don't bitch to us. Cops are called over insulting texts and babysitting money owed.

JMO, but whoever summons the police for a minor civil dispute - "She didn't pay me!" "The old washer I bought for 100$ doesn't work" etc, etc - should get a bill for this stupid waste of resources.

Next case of idiotic, toothless Def who doesn't want to pay for totalling P's old car: I guess JM realized it would be useless asking if he had insurance and it was big snoozefest.

Levin spices it up with a particularly repugnant, sleazy (even for him) summation:

levintapped08.jpg

• LOL 6
7 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

We hear accusations of a Christian girl having *gasp* sex before marriage! I was scandalized! 

I miss all the good stuff 

I'm sure def, who seems to get her makeup done at "Sad Clown College" was pure as the driven snow before popping out some kids with the baby daddy, Fernando. Hey, you wanted to a be a nurse and have a bunch of kids. Don't bitch to us. Cops are called over insulting texts and babysitting money owed.

Fernando?  Sounds like a really hot ticket  

JMO, but whoever summons the police for a minor civil dispute - "She didn't pay me!" "The old washer I bought for 100$ doesn't work" etc, etc - should get a bill for this stupid waste of resources.

Ah. If only we ruled the world. 

Next case of idiotic, toothless Def who doesn't want to pay for totalling P's old car: I guess JM realized it would be useless asking if he had insurance and it was big snoozefest.

Toothless?  My hearts-a-racing’.

Levin spices it up with a particularly repugnant, sleazy (even for him) summation:

levintapped08.jpg

What a pig.  What a deflated, self absorbed pig. 

I am hoping to catch this on repeats. Really curious about sad clown makeup. 

5 hours ago, PsychoKlown said:

What a pig.  What a deflated, self absorbed pig.

Thank god he has no grandchildren. Can you imagine?

Kid: "Grandpa, can I have a sucker?"

Deflated Self-Absorbed Pig: "Sucker? He hardly knew 'er!"

Kid: "What does that mean, Grandpa?"

DSAP: "Oh... Gotcher point! Never mind. Hey, kid? Here, pull Grandpa's finger."

• Wink 1
  • LOL 1

Oh, no. 😭 I watched this show with Judge Wapner, but not with Ed Koch and Judge Judy's husband.

I hope they'll show the repeats from the beginning of JM's tenure here. I didn't start watching until she'd been there for quite a few years.

What are we going to do without our beloved litigants? And Harvey! I and my Photoshop will miss him terribly.

#sadEmoji

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

I was shocked.    I'm guessing that the syndication fees were too high for the local stations that carried them, and the stars wanted too much for the production company to justify.    Or the production company raised the rates too high for the shows, so it wasn't profitable any longer.    I'm wondering what this will lead to, with four hours of broadcast space to fill on weekdays (each show has a new hour, and a rerun hour on weekdays where I live).   I'm hoping it's not more talk shows.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 6
30 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I was shocked.    I'm guessing that the syndication fees were too high for the local stations that carried them, and the stars wanted too much for the production company to justify.    Or the production company raised the rates too high for the shows, so it wasn't profitable any longer.    I'm wondering what this will lead to, with three hours of broadcast space to fill on weekdays.   I'm hoping it's not more talk shows.   

maybe another episode of Lauren Lake's Paternity Court or Couples' Court with the Cutlers

• Sad 4

I'm really surprised they cancelled it.  My local CW station ran a repeat in the morning and a new episode at 5.  i wonder if the change in format because of Covid made a difference?    I felt like the cases were getting more trashy this year.  This really came out of no-where.

• Like 3
29 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I was shocked.    I'm guessing that the syndication fees were too high for the local stations that carried them, and the stars wanted too much for the production company to justify.    Or the production company raised the rates too high for the shows, so it wasn't profitable any longer.    I'm wondering what this will lead to, with three hours of broadcast space to fill on weekdays.   I'm hoping it's not more talk shows.   

Well if it is…I’m out. 

Not interested in five cackling diverse individuals commenting on politics, pantyhose and menopause while one of the individuals spouse is sitting in the front row clapping and guffaws like a trained seal. 

I know it’s not the reason but I won’t be sorry to see the “hey judges” segment disappear. But knowing the temper of JM I wouldn’t be surprised to read she puts the demise oh her show squarely on the shoulders of her brow beaten husband John. 

5 minutes ago, PsychoKlown said:

Not interested in five cackling diverse individuals commenting on politics, pantyhose and menopause while one of the individuals spouse is sitting in the front row clapping and guffaws like a trained seal. 

Trained seal.😆 I think I know the one you mean, that sounds like a henhouse into which a fox has entered,  although I haven't watched a talk show for about 15 years.  I was half-watching some segment of the "Ellen" show when I realized what a mean-spirited, nasty little troll she is and thought, "Why the f-word am I watching this b-word?" Instant allergy to all things "talk".

Maybe the Plexaderm mini-informercials can be extended to an hour, hosted by Levin. He could get some free eye bag remover out of it.

I guess I can watch Hot Bench every day instead, but I'm not really feeling the new judges and Papa gives me a headache. TPC brought the zany, wacky, and weird like no other court show, inspiring us to brilliant heights of snarkiness which, IMO, should be preserved in some archive for future generations to marvel at. Well, if future generations are still capable of reading and aren't communicating only by emoji-laden texxes by then.

I'm more let down than a litigant who comes to the realization that the 21-year-old Pontiac Bonneville they bought  for $400 is not in the perfect condition they were led to believe it was.

👀 am ☹️

• Like 3
  • Applause 3