Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I found some old videos on You Tube of Jason's birth and they also rewrote that in that Susan didn't leave Port Charles because Alan was trying to get custody of her unborn baby--she left because he was dragging his feet about leaving Monica and she had enough.  They talked on the phone when she was in the hospital after giving birth and he still wanted them to be together.  And they were for awhile when she came back.  So all this "Susan was scared of Alan" is a lot of bull.

Well they have to keep perpetuating the "The Quartermaines are the EVUL, demanding custody of their children!" narrative that was born via meat hook.

Speaking of Heather and Susan, someone on Twitter pointed out that the last name of Nelle's dead beau is also the same name as Heather's mom, Alice Grant.  I could pretend that the show might do something with it, but it's not like they did anything with Nelle using the last name of Scotty's dead son as her alias.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5
18 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I dunno how I feel about that.  I mean, I like Kevin and Laura, but marrying them off might as well be the show holding up a sign saying, "Yeah, we're pretty much done writing for these two."

Because we got such high-quality writing for them before, right? LOL.

I like them as a couple, too, and they are one of the only bright spots in this dumb show, but it doesn't work when 95% of their relationship and life together is off-screen.

Edited by LexieLily
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

I dunno how I feel about that.  I mean, I like Kevin and Laura, but marrying them off might as well be the show holding up a sign saying, "Yeah, we're pretty much done writing for these two."

The irritation I feel about FV's preference for NB as Spencer is not healthy. That kid needs to be SORASed! 

• Love 11

Maybe my feelings about Kevin/Laura potentially getting married are because, in my heart of hearts, I do still want it to be Kevin/Lucy at the end of the day.  Given it has nothing to do with Steve Burton, would Lucy even get to react to this news on-screen?  Is she going to spend the rest of her fictional life alone?

• Love 2

I wouldn't mind Spencer so much if he weren't written as such a precocious, drama queeny little turd. He should not be the main focus of so many stories, especially at the expense of kids like Cameron, who has at least as many story possibilities. But they're in love with Nicolas Bechtel, who I think is actually a decent actor when he's not unmercifully hamming it up. But that's only about 1 percent of his screen time.

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

He (Spencer/NB) should not be the main focus of so many stories.

That Laura and Kevin have been distilled down to just being his back-up singers, basically, is what pisses me off.  If they do get married, the wedding will surely be all about him.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 6

Maybe my feelings about Kevin/Laura potentially getting married are because, in my heart of hearts, I do still want it to be Kevin/Lucy at the end of the day.  Given it has nothing to do with Steve Burton, would Lucy even get to react to this news on-screen?  Is she going to spend the rest of her fictional life alone?

I really like the idea of Kevin and Laura dating and actually having a freaking life together. But why would either one of them really be all that excited to get married? Truly, they both have been there, done that. I don't think that either one of them should be all that interested in marriage to anybody. 

I also still say that Sam needs to turn out to not be Alexis' daughter. That she needs to be Kevin's or his serial killer brother, Ryan's, daughter. Just have it start out as a con, but Sam liked having "real family" so much, she just decided to ignore the reality. Julian being a match for Danny just be a coincidence. Or make Julian and Kevin related.  Don't really care.

Lucy needs to date. Shit, if Monica can find a man friend, Lucy can too. But this stupid frakking show needs to write it! Allow JD to not be a creepy doctor and have Lucy have dinner with him. Hell, have Lucy and Maxie start a new business. Add in Felix for all I care. Let them flip houses in PC. Lucy sells, Maxie designs! 

Spencer, as a character, is worthless to me. I hated Courtney. And I certainly hated Courtney spawning with Nik. If Nik was going to be saddled with a kid, it should've been with Emily. Or hell, I would even accept Lydia. At least with Emily being the mother, Monica would've had a grand baby to spoil. Instead, Emily raised Spencer as her own, and that time had zero affect on Monica/Qs feelings towards the boy. Which brings up years of terrible Monica writing. Monica should've been alot more important to Liz, Nik and their kids. Emily considered Spencer (still ill named) her child. But Monica has nothing to do with her ADOPTED CHILD'S ADOPTED CHILD? The hell? And as close as Emily/Liz and Emily/Monica were for years, Liz and Monica barely talked. And Monica also had nothing to do with kids that Emily considered her nephews/family? I just never understood that slant of writing. Having Liz and Jason cutting out Monica being a grandmother to Jake is one thing. But Liz had a very easy excuse to keep Monica in her boys' lives with Emily being her cause.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, stlbf said:

Lucy needs to date. Shit, if Monica can find a man friend, Lucy can too.

Don't even get me started on Monica's off-screen boyfriend who has no name and we only heard about once, IIRC.

Back to Lucy, it's seemed at times that they were going to put her back with Scotty, but they never really pulled  the trigger.  Although Scotty's only purpose seems to be to be Franco's father, barf.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

He (Spencer/NB) should not be the main focus of so many stories.

That Laura and Kevin have been distilled down to just being his back-up singers, basically, is what pisses me off.  If they do get married, the wedding will surely be all about him.

Ugh, I can see it now: Kevin asks Spencer for permission to marry Laura. Spencer gives him a bit of the business but says yes. Spencer walks Laura down the aisle and, later, gives the toast. Everyone on screen thinks it's the cutest thing ever. Dubbel zout collapses in a rage blackout.

1 hour ago, stlbf said:

But why would either one of them really be all that excited to get married?

They shouldn't be, but soaps think it's some HEA. Also, it means the writers can be as lazy as ever with stories.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, dubbel zout said:

Ugh, I can see it now: Kevin asks Spencer for permission to marry Laura. Spencer gives him a bit of the business but says yes. Spencer walks Laura down the aisle and, later, gives the toast. Everyone on screen thinks it's the cutest thing ever. Dubbel zout collapses in a rage blackout.

Spencer is the best man.  Mac and Felicia, not invited.

• Love 5
20 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I found some old videos on You Tube of Jason's birth and they also rewrote that in that Susan didn't leave Port Charles because Alan was trying to get custody of her unborn baby--she left because he was dragging his feet about leaving Monica and she had enough.  They talked on the phone when she was in the hospital after giving birth and he still wanted them to be together.  And they were for awhile when she came back.  So all this "Susan was scared of Alan" is a lot of bull.

Yeah.  That really made me mad too.   What's next?  A retcon that Sonny was actually Karen Wexler's women studies professor who saved her from stripping?

• Love 10
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I wouldn't mind Spencer so much if he weren't written as such a precocious, drama queeny little turd. He should not be the main focus of so many stories, especially at the expense of kids like Cameron, who has at least as many story possibilities. But they're in love with Nicolas Bechtel, who I think is actually a decent actor when he's not unmercifully hamming it up. But that's only about 1 percent of his screen time.

He's not a bad actor, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't still SORAS him.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I thought Lucy was still doing....whatever....with Scotty.

On 9/27/2017 at 5:29 PM, Oracle42 said:

Weren't they shacked up together with baby Jason at one point? 

I think- and my memory is very fuzzy because I watched this on you tube a billion years ago- that Monica had either Jason as a toddler/baby living in the guesthouse after Susan died.   Alan would go back and forth because Monica legit did not want that child in her house.  There was a nanny or maybe Alan majority stayed with him.  But he wasn't allowed in the house.  Then, he was around 2 or 3 and was injured and called for Monica, thinking she was his mother.   She then loved him and moved him in the house.  I'm surprised they never called that up since the writers hate the Quartermaines.   But eh I guess they will rewrite it now.  

6 hours ago, LexieLily said:

I thought Lucy was still doing....whatever....with Scotty.

I don't think so?  I don't think they've been sleeping together since before it came out about Ava/Morgan's pills.  And if any time would have been the time to confirm that they're together, it would have been when Lucy was comforting him about Lee. 

So yeah, I think they're back to friends slash co-parents of a child who's only allowed in the city limits once every fifteen years. #eyeroll

• Love 4

I would imagine, if she got to react on-screen, Lucy would react as she's reacted to the Kevin/Laura relationship all along - she would have a twinge of pain/regret about not being with Kevin herself, because I do believe she still does and will always love him, but I think she would want him to be happy and would wish them well.

Scotty, I think, wouldn't really care.  Then again, he's had no reaction to Laura and Kevin being together AT ALL on-screen.  Because that has nothing to do with his primary role as Franco's dad. #anothereyeroll

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, TeeVee329 said:

I would imagine, if she got to react on-screen, Lucy would react as she's reacted to the Kevin/Laura relationship all along - she would have a twinge of pain/regret about not being with Kevin herself, because I do believe she still and will always love him, but I think she would want him to be happy and would wish them well.

Scotty, I think, wouldn't really care.  Then again, he's had no reaction to Laura and Kevin being together AT ALL on-screen.

I agree that I think Lucy would have more of a reaction than Scotty would, such as it was. The idea of Kevin and Laura (and Lucy) interacting at the hospital never went anywhere, but if it had I did wonder if Lucy would have started to plot to get him back, or was she over him when he divorced her? 

You are a Kevin/Lucy fan so you'd be able to tell me more about them. I only know the basic facts.

• Love 1

Well it's a little hard to say because both Lucy and Kevin disappeared from the show for a while after they divorced.  But since they've been interacting again, which started right around when Kevin and Laura were being paired, what I've always gotten from Lynn Herring's performance and, to a less extent, the writing is that Lucy definitely still loves Kevin, but she knows that it's her fault that they're not together (and that moment when she used his "Doc" nickname and then very purposefully corrected herself broke my shipper heart).  So while I think she's expressed relief when it seems like there might still be a window for them one day (i.e. when Laura was trying to sell Wyndemere and Lucy kinda anxiously asked if she was moving in with Kevin and kinda sighed in relief when Laura said she wasn't), I haven't seen her do or say anything indicating she would actively scheme to break up Kevin/Laura or try to get him back.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 6

FWIW, I knew nothing about them or their history when I was watching the scene and was already actively shipping Kevin/Laura, but the scene I thought was super-cute? When Lucy showed up at the hospital after Kevin got shot and brought him the stuffed duck named Sigmund. 

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

FWIW, I knew nothing about them or their history when I was watching the scene and was already actively shipping Kevin/Laura, but the scene I thought was super-cute? When Lucy showed up at the hospital after Kevin got shot and brought him the stuffed duck named Sigmund. 

That was good stuff.  First Lucy learning about him being shot from Ava and her immediately wanting to rush to his side (that was another time she called him "Doc" and then corrected herself).  And the Sigmund gift - Lucy had a pet duck named Sigmund and he was a pretty big symbol of the Lucy/Kevin pairing - was perfect.  As was what she said when she visited him - that he'll always be her "Doc", whether they're together or just friends or whatever. 

Siiigh, now I'm sad.  Not that I don't like Kevin/Laura, but that they could still be playing on the Kevin/Lucy history, even if they're just friends.  And ESPECIALLY if Serena was on the fucking canvas! #athirdeyeroll

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4

Brick has been recurring for a while now. Stephen A. Smith is a big General Hospital fan (and Sonny/MB fan), and first appeared on the show as a reporter in 2007.  I guess he liked the experience enough to ask for more, so now they have a named character for him to play, his schedule permitting.

He isn't bad, though.  If I didn't know better, I'd think he was a character actor who specialized in grumps.  Actually, that isn't a bad description of him as a sports-television personality. I don't know how much ESPN/GH overlap we have here, but he does an angry shtick for them. He's always furious about whatever the issue of the day is in the sports world. Shouting, pounding the desk. After a while, you question how much of the fury is legitimate and how much is theater.   

Edited by Asp Burger

I'm so glad I'm still not watching this shit show. The ONLY thing (and I mean that most sincerely) that would bring me back would be if Burton is playing Not Dead AJ. I would like to see what he could do being an enemy to Scummy instead of the most bestest friend ever. Nelly should've been an LLD of AJ's, doing recon before he comes back to town. She should've been absolutely disgusted with Michael forgiving the man that 'killed' their father, and giving him Hell for it along with a stank eye. Otherwise, this Tale of Two Jasons is absolutely the stupidest, most inane and laziest story that Uncle Frank could possibly come up with. 

• Love 11
45 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Josslyn reflects on Morgan’s death.

Shut up, Joss.

Carly was telling someone it had been a year (or almost) since Morgan died, so at least it's not just random ruminations. Still, shut up, Joss.

Stella has news for Curtis.

If it's anything other than she's leaving town for good/has three days to live, I don't want to hear it.

• Love 8
On 9/28/2017 at 0:49 PM, Chairperson Meow said:

Yeah.  That really made me mad too.   What's next?  A retcon that Sonny was actually Karen Wexler's women studies professor who saved her from stripping?

That will give me a merciful, massive killing stroke. My last thoughts would be of haunting the hell out the idiot Asshats in charge.

• Love 3
On 9/26/2017 at 5:17 PM, Chairperson Meow said:

Because everyone knows the Legend of Jasus Almighty.  

God.  This would make so much more sense if it was just not dead AJ rather than twins that chilled with Franco.  AJ would know Jason's life and Helena could just get him drunk and brainwash him.  That I would buy.   But twins that are ten years apart, different heights?  Nah.  

BM and SBu are apparently both 5'11". But even if one of the actors is fudging the truth, identical twins can be different heights, especially if raised separately. And "Drew" is the one who had his face reconstructed, so even "in real life" that would make sense. 

I wonder in what context the compassion is going to arise. Kiki losing the patient while performing her first emergency surgery? "Every doctor loses a patient, kid. This day was going to come eventually. Mrs. Daye-Pleier was old, and she was very badly injured when they brought her in. You did as well as anyone could have, and you showed me some great skills in there. Sometimes it just isn't enough."  

The story of Dr. Keekster is moving about that fast.  

Also, I don't know how much credence to give this, but since this is spoilers and rumors -- I read on another fan site that Nicolas Bechtel will be back for a very special holiday story during his hiatus. Spencer in your stocking.

I'm sure my reaction to this promo was not supposed to be, "Siiigh, FonDuke kicking Jason off the pier like gum off his shoe!":

Also, the new graphic at the end with double the Jason, no more Laura, and Curtis randomly.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

Sooooo, I guess there's no mystery as to which one is Jason. What is the story supposed to be about then?

This is the tale of Jason Almighty reclaiming his throne.  God.   They really effed this up.  Can we have build up to a damn story?   Nope.   I'm already about to puke.  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Chairperson Meow said:

This is the tale of Jason Almighty reclaiming his throne.  God.   They really effed this up.  Can we have build up to a damn story?   Nope.   I'm already about to puke.  

The real suspense will be how gracefully Liz can slide into Jakeson's bed again without getting the serial killer mad at her. Let's hope we don't get Evil Eye Necklace Redux.   

• Love 9