Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E01: No Family Is Perfect

I'm glad this show is back. I love the cast in this particularly Timothy Olyphant. I mainly know him from his more serious roles but he does comedy really well. 

Ramona, the shop assistant is back and she's a zombie. That was unexpected.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

This show has such a good balance  of quirky, funny, and sweet without being cloyingly so. I’m glad it’s back, too. Ramona being a zombie explains why she is so blase about a dude with blood on his shoes. ?

• Like 1
  • Love 6

What a good start to the season. Ramona being like Shelia makes so much sense, and I have so many questions about her.

Timothy Olyphant has surprised me the most. I am also surprised with how much I like the teen characters. 

• Love 3

Justified was part comedy, in a way - dry humour - so I'm not surprised by Olyphant. 

I'm glad this is back, although it's so gross. It's like the zombie version of Dexter, in that she's doing away with bad guys. 

• Love 1

Wow. Looks as though my favorite side character’s storyline is going to get bigger (Ramona). I’m just worried that she’ll go after Abby as a perceived threat to any relationship with Eric. 

I usually enjoy the music they slide into this series. Was that Eric Burton singing “It’s my life and I’ll do what I want...”? 

I need to watch the first season again. I usually do that before going to the new season of most shows. I just barely remember Ramona. I can't remember what happened to the scientist, either. 

Pretty much everyone’s delivery cracks me up, but “Our kitchen looks like the inside of a shark” had me on the FLOOR. 

Also loved the morgue guy saying all deadpan that “surprisingly” his clients are mostly men and Eric wanting to hear “less than that” about the handcuffs. 

• Love 2

I'm so glad this show is back because I love the wackiness of it. Joel's roommate Ron and his love for juice boxes cracked me up, as did Eric's response to Sheila's handcuff anecdote.

Sorry, Goran, but you were a creep so I wasn't sad to see Sheila eat him.

Ramona snacking on her ex while she chatted on the phone with Eric was creepy but promising.

I always love whenever we get to see the morgue guy. And of course he thinks that Joel wanting a Serbian gallbladder is weirder than wanting to buy a vagina.

• Love 2

I definitely had to go back and re-watch Season 1. Much as I enjoyed it I remembered so little of it. I had no idea why Joel was in a mental ward. I didn't remember the cops dragging him away or the tag with him talking to the psychiatrist when the men in the white coats came for him. Didn't remember what happened to Portia de Rossi either (she just kind of left after Joel was arrested - couldn't be anywhere near the law). I did remember Ramona, though - she was hilarious. Ramona Young played a very similar character on The Real O'Neals so she might be kind of a one-trick pony. I also had trouble remembering the particulars of Dan being killed, etc. 

Loved Joel's roommate, Ron. He used to be on Better Off Ted too (along with de Rossi). Man . . . this show is a veritable cornucopia of "Hey - it's that guy!" So many great guest stars.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Oh man. So glad this is back!

The Better Off Ted links continue to warm my heart (and make me sad again).  

Ramona is getting a larger part! Win. I continue to love, love, love Eric- especially his running zombie commentary.

AS I said last season, zombie looks good on Drew - she is stunning in this show. 

Love the morgue attendant - I hope he continues to show up.

This episodes favorite quotes (there are a lot this episode):

"I just wanted your vomit, why'd you have to make it weird?"

“She likes that store Debbie and Debbie’s, but you have to ask for tall Debbie because white Debbie is a c*nt.”

"Stop chewing the post, it holds up the whole fucking house." Really, that was all about Abby's delivery.

"Why do they tease us with such tiny amounts of juice?!?! Who wins this game?"

"Abby Hammond, taking charge, kicking ass, and talking to nobody!"

"We all just do the best we can, except for Leslie the cashier. She's become a problem"

Edited by gik910
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
On 3/25/2018 at 10:04 AM, Anela said:

Justified was part comedy, in a way - dry humour - so I'm not surprised by Olyphant. 

I'm glad this is back, although it's so gross. It's like the zombie version of Dexter, in that she's doing away with bad guys. 

If you've ever seen Tim O. in the movie "Go" you know he can be quite funny.  However, I never thought he would be as skilled at humor as he is. He actually outshines Drew as a comedic actor. 

• Like 1
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, laprin said:

If you've ever seen Tim O. in the movie "Go" you know he can be quite funny.  However, I never thought he would be as skilled at humor as he is. He actually outshines Drew as a comedic actor. 

I saw that years ago, and thought of that, too. :)

• Love 1