Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E05: Gestalt

Quinn and Jay's new show pitch to Gary doesn't go as planned, driving a fuming Quinn to pull the ultimate power play. Rachel confronts her father about her past and rescues him from her mother's control. Serena finds out about a contestant's secret while Jay's arrangement with Alexi becomes even riskier than before.

I can’t believe we’re halfway through the season already. Yay we finally caught up to all the real journalist. I don’t know what to make of this episode.  Everyone on the show keeps flip-flopping.  The doctor is definitely up to something. Tracie Thoms finally shows up and has like 2 lines. Coke boy is gonna die.  It was nice to see Jay get some action on set.  Asa was a vegetable in season one. I  Knew the doctor was up to something. Just please don’t let it be a rehash from last season. On second thought I hope the doctor exposes the show.  I just want someone to do it and get it over with already. I’m so tired of all the attempts.  This show is still an over-the-top  nighttime soap on Lifetime.

Edited by earlbny
  • Love 3
36 minutes ago, TomGirl said:

Poor Asa.  This is not going to end well......

I can totally see him dying now that he’s off meds. Unless Rachel’s mom finds him and takes him home.

• Love 4
37 minutes ago, LittleIggy said:

If that doctor was ethical, he would call Adult Protective Services.

I like how Quinn got Gary by the short hairs.

ITA with everything you said.  I knew that Dr. was fishy from day one .

Here are some more thoughts about Rachel. This show does not want Rachel to be happy. They like her better when she spirals out-of-control.  So I think they will do something to make her go off the rails. I can totally see them finding Rachel’s dad dead. Saying it was an accident and not Rachel’s fault because he was off his meds. Rachel feels guilty and then goes on a crazy out-of-control binge. That’s also how the show can get away with killing somebody without it being murder much like season one.  That’s just a thought and a guess. 

Edited by earlbny
  • Love 1

I turned off halfway through this episode because I realized I just don't care anymore. Who cares who gets saddled with Serena? Who cares who runs Everlasting? Who cares about Rachel's family issues?

• Love 2

Gosh, I know that's all fiction and satire, and "unReal", so it has nothing to do with the real life, and doesn't have to resemble it at all, but couldn't they at least try to make it a bit more realistic, because for "female Elon Musk" Serena is extremely naive and stupid. A girl like that wouldn't be able to make big money, any money as a matter of fact.   

22 hours ago, earlbny said:

Coke boy is gonna die. 

Spoiler

I remember I've read somewhere he was involved in the 4th season, so probably not. But who knows. 

Edited by saoirse
spoiler tag
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, skotnikov said:

Gosh, I know that's all fiction and satire, and "unReal", so it has nothing to do with the real life, and doesn't have to resemble it at all, but couldn't they at least try to make it a bit more realistic, because for "female Elon Musk" Serena is extremely naive and stupid. A girl like that wouldn't be able to make big money, any money as a matter of fact.   

Spoiler

I remember I've read somewhere he was involved in the 4th season, so probably not. But who knows. 

I don’t know what to make of Serena. I find her to be very boring. 

I wish we knew more about the guys.  Outside of two or three of them the rest of them haven’t even spoken a word since they arrived on set.  Some of them left without even saying hello or goodbye. 

Spoiler

I’ve also read somewhere about Season 4.  I don’t remember anything about Coke boy. I do remember that the contestant formally known as man bun is definitely in the 4th season. I’ll have to dig that article up and read it again.

Edited by saoirse
added spoiler tags

Death Watch: definitely dad and russian guy

But I really think they're setting up the firefighter to do something horrible. He's been playing by the rules, technically winning challenges, and getting no love from Serena or the show. My money is on him getting past the point of frustration and snapping at some point.

• Love 4

Whats up with the camera in the grip truck? 

So is Dr Simon joining the dark side or just keeping a watchful eye on Rachel and her dad?  Regardless that can’t be ethical.

I still don’t know what to make of Madison. She shows glimpses of being really good at her job but then she goes back to being dumb.

I can see the firefighter snapping. I can actually see any one of them snapping. 

Edited by earlbny
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, earlbny said:

Whats up with the camera in the grip truck? 

So is Dr Simon joining the dark side or just keeping a watchful eye on Rachel and her dad?  Regardless that can’t be ethical.

I still don’t know what to make of Madison. She shows glimpses of being really good at her job but then she goes back to being dumb.

I can see the firefighter snapping. I can actually see any one of them snapping. 

Dr Simon set up the camera before there was any hint of dad coming there. Although what is funny is that he set it bang on where Rachel is sleeping now, whereas she used to sleep where her dad now does, and also it doesn't match where we saw him fumble, which would have had the camera on dad (which at least could have been useful). 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, NutMeg said:

Dr Simon set up the camera before there was any hint of dad coming there. Although what is funny is that he set it bang on where Rachel is sleeping now, whereas she used to sleep where her dad now does, and also it doesn't match where we saw him fumble, which would have had the camera on dad (which at least could have been useful). 

Thanks for the info. I rewatched it and you are right. Interesting I wonder if someone will find out.

Rachel's mom is evil. Like cartoon evil. I feel like she must be based on something but I can't place it.

Crystal and Chet is just pathetic. 

Um... who dressed Jay as Shaft?

I don't get August at all. He was in love with Quinn for a hot second. But now he cares that Serena isn't into him? I saw the sexual harassment thing coming but I don't get his end game. Why does he care about Serena or staying on the show?

Quinn's custom red suit looks great.

WOW. Subtle Rachel. Setting up August with Ranger Pam? Like... I can't. I just can't.

Now, a warning? A little late there, Rachel. Also, who cares about Jeremy and Charlie? Anyone? ANYONE?

So... Madison cancelled the pitch meeting? I don't... This is all real dumb. Neither Quinn nor Gary are coming off great here if they're so easily manipulated into tantrums.

God, Jeremy is such an asshole. Don't we have enough misogyny on this show? WHY MUST THEY KEEP HIM AROUND?

SERIOUSLY, this is ridiculous. How does Serena keep running around? I mean I figured they would have Jasper and Serena sleep together so he could fulfill the terms of the bet and later she'd be like... "is this tru wuv? How can I trust you now?" But you'd think they'd need to be sneakier or it would happen within the show. Jesus, maybe Everlasting should be shut down. Who is running the ship? It feels like if Quinn or Rachel are ever out of commission, everything falls apart.

I realize Rachel needed to sneak in and see her dad but why is her mom leaving her house in the middle of the night?

She got Gary's password? That's it? And won't he know if another computer tries to access his email? *eyeroll*

OK, if Madison is genuinely going to try to be Quinn's new Rachel, this show might actually get interesting.

What is Rachel's plan? Move her dad into the truck?

Since when is Sunday at 8 a great slot? Isn't that when people watch Dateline or 60 Minutes? It doesn't feel like a dance travel show time. Then again, how is this even a prime time network show? It feels like Travel Channel or Food Network where I guess Sunday at 8 isn't a bad time slot. 

$18 million worth of... is that embezzling if you don't pocket the money? Anyway, I didn't think that would be the thing they'd hold over Gary's head but whatever. I guess it's better than these idiots wading into MeToo given the nonsense they've been churning out for 2 seasons.

LOL, I know he's been relegated to coke addict but I gotta love Alexi toasting Passport to Dance. The actor does good background work. 

I get why Quinn might make her speech in front of the crew but not in front of the guys. Any one of them could go to the press about this story about Gary. WTF? So silly.

ARE YOU SERIOUS? Rachel's plan actually to move her dad into the truck? I was joking.

Lol, what? Why was the Ranger Pam thing in Graham's spiel?

Why would Quinn be mad that no one's getting cut aside from the fact that she wants to lose August? No cut means double elimination next week.

Withdrawing from lithium? Oh God, it's going to be Mary all over again.

Yay, Tracie Thoms!

Or, wait? Is Alexi the Mary? Is the cocaine thing going to spiral out of control? Also, lol. Great. I was wondering when we'd get our customary blow job of the season.

WHAT!?! How did the new therapist hook up a camera without anyone noticing? When did UnREAL become infiltrated by all these spies? 

This finally got ridiculous for me.  Her dad must have already been feeble minded for her mom to be able to control him into taking medication and just having him drugged in their home for what.....the past 20 years?  If Rachel was 12 during this incident and she's probably supposed to be in her early 30's.  As someone who has taken lithium for years and had to switch to other drugs occasionally/pharmacy technician I really just couldn't understand the psychiatrist freaking out over his withdrawal symptoms. There are a lot of medications that fuck you up more to go cold turkey off of than lithium.