Type keyword(s) to search

S.14.E05: The Blind Auditions Part 5

• Start Topic

(edited)

Teams so far (#chair's turned iirc); asterisks mean they got the dreaded montage treatment. New artists from tonight's episode in italics...

Adam (9)

Rayshun LaMarr (2)

Drew Cole (2)

Davison (2)

Angel Bonilla (*2)

Mia Boostrom (1)

Reid Umstattd (2)

Stephanie Skipper (2)

Trish Haynes Keys (2)

Miya Bass (1)

Alicia (11)

Britton Buchanan (3) **Blake used his block on Adam

Kelsea Johnson (3)

Jaclyn Lovey (2)

Christiana Danielle (3)

Jamai (2)

Johnny Bliss (4) **Adam used his block on Kelly

Terrence Cunningham (4)

Megan Lee (*1)

Jordyn Simone (*1)

Livia Faith (3)

Shana Halligan (1)

Blake (11)

Kyla Jade (2)

Kaleb Lee (2)

Pryor Baird (4)

Brett Hunter (1)

Austin Giorgio (2)

Spensha Baker (2)

Wilkes (2)

Jaron Strom (1)

JessLee (*2)

Bransen Ireland (2)

Jordan Kirkdorffer (2)

Kelly (11)

Brynn Cartelli (2)

D.R. King (2)

Justin Kilgore (4) *Alicia used her block on Blake

Molly Stevens (2)

Dylan Hartigan (1)

Jackie Foster (2)

Jorge Eduardo (1) (but a 4 chair turn on The Voice Mexico)

Jamella (*2)

Alexa Capelli (2)

Teana Boston (1)

Hannah Goebel (4) *Kelly used her block on Alicia after Hannah sang an Alicia song :-)

Edited by PhD-Purgatory15

I couldn't understand Alicia's "wow"ing and the other judges gushing over that singer near the end (the one from Miami with Venezuelan parents). I thought she was both shrill and flat.

And what was the deal with Kelly and that singer that was apparently good enough to bring her tears, and oooh and aaaah during the song, NOT push her button, and then say "I coulda / woulda / shoulda / almost pushed, but I'm looking for something else? WTF?

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Lily H said:

And what was the deal with Kelly and that singer that was apparently good enough to bring her tears, and oooh and aaaah during the song, NOT push her button, and then say "I coulda / woulda / shoulda / almost pushed, but I'm looking for something else? WTF?

I think the choice of song brought Kelly to tears, and the performance moved Kelly, but not enough.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, jmonique said:

Who taught kids to sing like Livia Faith, with the vocal fry whispering?

Could they freakin' stop?

It really annoys me.  It makes me wonder if they can really sing or they do that to disguise the fact they can't.  I thought it was out of vogue as of a couple of years ago.  It annoys me when the coaches freak out over how great it is.  I mean, anyone can do it.  You don't even have to have any musical talent to do it. lol 

And then there's the Bang Bang song..........I'm speechless.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

And then there's the Bang Bang song..........I'm speechless.  

I know... over the top much? She said (approx) "I hope they like my voice it kind of floats all over" like it was just her "gift" and that she's only trying to control it (and losing!). One of the worst I've seen!

• Love 7

I thought Hannah was easily the best of the night.  I would probably rate her as one of the favorites so far, though on any other season she would have been middle of the pack.  Of the rest, I guess I would rate Livia and Stephanie as next best, even though both of their songs have been done better in recent seasons.  Unless there is another Chris Blue among the final group of contestants, I think we're in for a disappointing season.

Edited by viajero
  • Love 1
On ‎3‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 4:04 AM, Lily H said:

"I coulda / woulda / shoulda / almost pushed, but I'm looking for something else? WTF?

She's been saying that too much.  If you like them, push the button!  I think she's just afraid of offending them.  Despite that, she's a good addition to the team.

• Love 1

What happened with the guy with the dreads near the end of the show?  I think his middle name was Pride.  He looked so hopeful (as many do) but I had to turn the channel when he started to sing.  I didn't care for his voice.  Looking at the teams, I don't think the judges did either.  Was he picked and I just had his name wrong?

Current team rosters/cheat sheets:

Team Adam
Rayshun LaMarr (2)
Drew Cole (2)
Davison (2)
Mia Boostrom (1)
Reid Umstattd (2)
Angel Bonilla (1)*
Stephanie Skipper (2)
Tish Haynes Keys (2)
Miya Bass (1)
Gary Edwards (2)

Team Alicia
Britton Buchanan (3)**
Kelsea Johnson (3)
Jaclyn Lovey (2)
Christiana Danielle (3)
Jamai (2)
Johnny Bliss (4)**
Jordyn Simone (1)*
Megan Lee (1)*
Terrence Cunningham (4)
Livia Faith (3)
Shana Halligan (1)

Team Kelly
Brynn Cartelli (2)
D.R. King (2)
Justin Kilgore (4)**
Molly Stevens (2)
Dylan Hartigan (1)
Jackie Foster (2)
Jorge Eduardo (1)
Jamella (2)*
Alexa Capelli (2)
Teana Boston (1)
Hannah Goebel (4)**

Team Blake
Kyla Jade (2)
Kaleb Lee (2)
Pryor Baird (4)
Brett Hunter (1)
Austin Giorgio (2)
Spensha Baker (2)
WILKES (2)
JessLee (2)*
Jaron Strom (1)
Bransen Ireland (2)
Jordan Kirkdorffer (2)

The number in parentheses details the number of chairs that turned.  One asterisk means that this artist's Blind was montaged.  Two asterisks mean that the Blind had a Block used during it.