Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E10: Some Assembly Required

• Start Topic

This season of Ink Master has been extremely boring. They need to either come up with a fresh concept or pull the plug. Ripping off Under the Gunn, which is still considered the worst thing in the Project Runway brand should've been a clue to the producers that it wasn't viable for Ink Master.

As far as this episode, Steve screwed himself up. Jeremy was still loyal to Steve initially after he told him about Joshua trying to spread disunity, but Jeremy damn sure has no reason to be loyal to Steve after he blatantly tried to throw Jeremy under the bus.

• Love 6

Wow a lot of average tattoos this week.  It wasn't so much who did the best tattoo, it was who's had the least number of problems.

I don't mind the concept for this season with the teams and the mentors, what I am not liking is the group tattoos.  Let each person do their own tattoo, I think it makes it so much more interesting than seeing only a few tattoo's in an episode.

• Love 5

My judging criteria - would I wear it? and that's a big, fat NO to all of them again this week.

Also - how can you not listen when a judge is saying your drawing doesn't meet the challenge? An octopus in a freakin jar? FFS!

• Love 7

As an aside, I definitely want Anthony to win the coach showdown. He’s easily the best coach since he’s stern, yet fair. He gives positive reinforcement and checks people when they’re out of line, especially Daniel.

DJ is a weak coach since he’s always letting Josh bully him and the rest of team. Steve was hella quick to try and get Jeremy booted after being called out for not taking his opinions into consideration.

Edited by MuMuGuy
  • Love 7
20 hours ago, MuMuGuy said:

As an aside, I definitely want Anthony to win the coach showdown. He’s easily the best coach since he’s stern, yet fair. He gives positive reinforcement and checks people when they’re out of line, especially Daniel.

DJ is a weak coach since he’s always letting Josh bully him and the rest of team. Steve was hella quick to try and get Jeremy booted after being called out for not taking his opinions into consideration.

Anthony is a former semi-pro basketball player. He understands team work. The other guys lack this. I have always said that the really good tattooists screwed up all jumping onto DJ's team. They don't need technical help. They need game help, and Anthony is the best at that. He also has a cool head under stress. 

As for favorites, I still love Deanna, but I can't root for DJ to win anything. I don't care who wins as long as they are Team Anthony. 

• Love 8

A bit of a derisive snort may have escaped me when Oliver told the coaches they needed to step it up if they wanted all of their team members to make it to the finals. As if the show would ever let that happen.

Remarkable how the numbers have evened out again.

• Love 5
On 3/13/2018 at 10:07 PM, MuMuGuy said:

As far as this episode, Steve screwed himself up. Jeremy was still loyal to Steve initially after he told him about Joshua trying to spread disunity, but Jeremy damn sure has no reason to be loyal to Steve after he blatantly tried to throw Jeremy under the bus.

I could not understand Steve's reactions towards Jeremy AT ALL during this episode. First, he's dismissing Jeremy for critiquing the design (which Jeremy turned out to be right about), then he blows his stack at Jeremy (who was the only one who got compliments from the judges in the initial critique), then he starts his bullshit "I tried to give you a tattoo you could finish for once" WHILE JEREMY'S STILL TATTOOING, and then he straight throws him under the bus during judging after Jeremy still had been loyal to Steve before that - Fame's drawing looked messed up from the jump. For whatever reason, Steve has never seemed to like Jeremy and now he's making it as apparent as possible. 

7 hours ago, azshadowwalker said:

As for favorites, I still love Deanna, but I can't root for DJ to win anything. I don't care who wins as long as they are Team Anthony. 

I like Deanna too, and I wish she was on Anthony's team (just because I can't stand DJ). On the Ink Master instagram stories on Tuesday, they were doing a poll for each Judge i.e Are you Team Steve/Team Anthony/Team DJ. Anthony was the winner by a mile - when I voted, it was 76/24 in favor for Anthony, 45/55 for DJ, and 22/78 for Steve (so...I guess I'm not the only one who can't stand Steve).

I am having the hardest time predicting who I think is going to be in the finals this year. I'm guessing they're going to try and keep it with one person from each team (I know there was a show that had a similar format and an entire team was eliminated before the finale, but the name of the show is eluding me) just because Ink Master is transparent with stuff like that. If that ends up being the case, I'm guessing its Rolly/Josh/Juan - I feel like they're going to keep Josh around for as long as possible, and for Anthony's team, it's really a toss up between Juan and Jason. I'd prefer a final of Deanna/Frank/Jason though, but I have never been able to accurately pick an Ink Master winner.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Princess Sparkle said:

I'm guessing they're going to try and keep it with one person from each team (I know there was a show that had a similar format and an entire team was eliminated before the finale, but the name of the show is eluding me).

The only competitive team reality shows I can remember that didn't manipulate the results are The Taste (because of blind judging) and The Voice (because of audience voting).

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, 2727 said:

The only competitive team reality shows I can remember that didn't manipulate the results are The Taste (because of blind judging) and The Voice (because of audience voting).

I was thinking of The Voice; how in the world did I forget the name to that? Proof it's time for me to call it a day...

• Love 1
17 hours ago, azshadowwalker said:

I like Frank too but I feel Deanna and Frank have been tarnished because they are on Team DJ with Josh.

10 hours ago, Princess Sparkle said:

I am having the hardest time predicting who I think is going to be in the finals this year. I'm guessing they're going to try and keep it with one person from each team (I know there was a show that had a similar format and an entire team was eliminated before the finale, but the name of the show is eluding me) just because Ink Master is transparent with stuff like that. If that ends up being the case, I'm guessing its Rolly/Josh/Juan - I feel like they're going to keep Josh around for as long as possible, and for Anthony's team, it's really a toss up between Juan and Jason. I'd prefer a final of Deanna/Frank/Jason though, but I have never been able to accurately pick an Ink Master winner.

I like you picks here and feel that Steve isn't going to have a finalist as his 2 artists left are both middle of the pack artists.  Juan keeps talking himself up but hasn't really done a great tattoo yet.  I think Josh will be there with Deanna/Frank/Jason/Juan fighting for the other 2 spots.

• Love 2

See, I think Frank will be eliminated next week, followed by, you guessed it, one of Anthony's team members the following week. Or vice versa, for some "variety."

I don't care much for Deanna because she said DJ is the greatest ink master in the history of Ink Master. I liked her just fine up to that point. My favorite on DJ's team is Frank, but I don't think he'll last to the finale.

I have no idea WHO is going to be there, besides Josh.

Team ANYONE BUT DJ's team!!!!

1 hour ago, qtpye said:

I have to ask is DJ like the greatest artist who ever lived?  People just seem so in awe of him...except Josh.

I like Deanna but when  she said this exact thing I thought delusional much?!  It could be my blind hatred toward DJ the dickslap but I remember Bubba carrying him much of that season. 

• Love 2

Kind of interesting that Deanna and Daniel are still hanging in at the big show from their Angels wins.

It seems like Deanna could have gotten a spot through the normal audition process because she has a great portfolio, but Daniel is like that unknown guy who shows up for open football tryouts and causes some cocked eyes among the coaches.

• Love 1
On 3/19/2018 at 6:43 PM, Psychobunny said:

Why is Daniel still there? He is so far out of his league?

You don't have to be the best to still be there, just not the worst each week.  I feel he will run out of luck eventually.

• Love 1