Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E02: The Blind Auditions Part 2

• Start Topic

Davison:  Wow. It took all of about 30 seconds to decide I liked his voice better than anyone I heard last night. A really surprisingly good (full-bodied) lower register. (Team Adam)

Jaclyn: Well, she definitely sounded 16. She's a classic, teen female Blake contestant (Team Alicia lol)

Sophia: She should've went with the Salt N Pepa version in retrospect. (Team No Chair)

**Failure montage** We actually got constructive, specific reasons as to why a couple of female auditioners didn't get turns (from Kelly and Blake at least) which was something.

Molly: Another out country (or Americana) singer. Definitely in that Bonnie Raitt family tree of female singers. Also better than anyone we heard on Monday. (Team Kelly)

Dylan: Boy Band teen turned young James Taylor-in training? (Team Kelly)

Prior: The only voice I heard this week where I could see a path to winning the entire season. He's like a more photogenic Laith with 90% of Laith's guitar chops. (Team Blake)

Much better show tonight than last and I enjoyed seeing Kelly and Blake explaining why people weren't going on. Prior's song choice was kind of meh for the genre. But I love that soulful blues sound and the show gets way too little of it --adding in guitar is always nice, too (I prefer acoustic, but hey no one cares, and at least it's something different).

And, I'll be honest. Prior + Blake = swoon.

Loved Davison and Prior.  That’s about it.

The appeal of the girl who sang, “I Can’t Help Falling...”, escaped me.  She belongs in the Not Ready category but we’ll see what her coach (can’t remember who) can do with her.  First order of business...cut out the excessive note scooping.

Thanks Blake for being honest about word pronounciation.  That slurry thing drives me nuts.

Edited by limecoke
(edited)

This show has SUCKED me in again. OMG, I swore it off after last season and now I'm back.  I'd look for my old post, but, no time.  The only reason I watched and voted last season was due to our local girl Brooke being such a powerhouse contestant.  She didn't win, but, did her state proud. NOW, there are TWO MORE from NC.  Molly Stevens is actually from Raleigh, NC, my city.  But, Britton from the other night is super too.  I can't believe this.  So, I guess I'll hang around as long as they progress.

Here's Molly.  I'd like to hear her do another selection. I haven't decided if I really care for her vocals, but, maybe others will. 

https://www.nbc.com/the-voice/video/molly-stevens-blind-audition-heavenly-day/3675213

Edited by SunnyBeBe

Current team rosters/cheat sheets:

Team Adam
Rayshun LaMarr (2)
Drew Cole (2)
(Levelle) Davison (2)

Team Alicia
Britton Buchanan (3)**
Kelsea Johnson (3)
Jaclyn Lovey (2)

Team Kelly
Brynn Cartelli (2)
D.R. King (2)
Justin Kilgore (4)**
Molly Stevens (2)
Dylan Hartigan (1)

Team Blake
Kyla Jade (2)
Kaleb Lee (2)
Pryor Baird (4)

The number in parentheses details the number of chairs that turned.  One asterisk means that this artist's Blind was montaged.  Two asterisks mean that the Blind had a Block used during it.