Type keyword(s) to search

S36: Morgan Ricke

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

Morgan Ricke (Naviti Tribe)

Hometown: New Albany, Indiana
Current residence: Orlando, Florida

Three words to describe you: Bubbly, stubborn, and determined.

Why do you think you'll "survive" Survivor?
Being resilient, strong, and fearless are nice traits that should translate well on the island. For example, at a younger age I was a competitive gymnast on the national level and sustained a career-ending injury. Doctors told me I would never compete again as a gymnast, nor play other sports.

Fortunately, in high school, I went to state finals in volleyball and diving and then earned a D1 diving scholarship to the University of South Carolina. Go Gamecocks!

Morgan Ricke’s Full Bio

Holmes: Alright, I’ll give you two “Survivor” situations. You tell me which one you would rather deal with.
Ricke: OK.
Holmes: Align with a Hillary supporter or a Trump supporter.
Ricke: A Trump supporter…I’m not exactly sure why. I feel like a lot of the Hillary supporters are all feminist and girl power. And I’m not saying I’m not for girl power, but sometimes it gets old.

@marys1000I'm right there with ya.

• Love 3

What are with these align with Hillary or Trump supporter questions?  Do politics need to invade everything?

I didn't really like her from her cast video.  There's something about women (and men) who have significant others back home and say they are going to lie about it so they can flirt.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

I didn't realize there was a Trump vs. Hillary question. This will help me decide if there's any chance I can possibly like these people so I find it helpful. 

Also, to make this on topic, I hate her already.

I'm assuming they are just in Gordon's interviews.  I saw one in Laurel's, and now Morgan's, so I'm assuming the others were asked the same question.

On 2/16/2018 at 8:20 AM, marys1000 said:

I have very strong views about keeping marine life in slavery for our entertainment so I hate her.  Hope she goes early.  I will be really angry if she wins.

And she would align with a Sexist any of the Guys or Women that sound sexist might get her as an ally 

• Love 1

Not sorry to see her go.  Didn't really dislike her, but found her kind of annoying.  Glad it was her over Dom and Wendell, though I'm surprised Malolo didn't vote Dom out after he told them about his fake idol story to Chris.  

I don't understand how Morgan can be telling us what we're going to see next episode.  I suppose Libby could've told her there was confusion over what she said and drama from it, but how would Morgan know if it made the edit or not?  I guess she's just assuming?  

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/exclusive-morgan-ricke-talks-survivor-ghost-island-(part-1)-23662.php

There is not an interview where she doesn't trash Angela but this one is the worst.  What a fucking bitch, every time. 

we just honestly didn't trust Angela. We knew she was [Chris Noble]'s right-hand man. My original alliance was Domenick, Wendell, [Bradley Kleihege], and [Kellyn Bechtold]. 

So Angela was never in my original alliance. Any time we talked to her, she was just kind of harsh. I know she has a rough background, you know, she got divorced and didn't really want to talk about her family or the divorce. 

We would ask her about life and she just didn't really want to talk about the military. So it was just really hard to get to know Angela. And as you could see, she had no clue what was going on. She was so clueless on both ends that it just seemed like she didn't really have a relationship with anyone. 

So, good for her that you're completely clueless and you really don't know what's going on, so you're safe, but I'd rather go out kind of how I did. I played the game, I was strong physically and socially, whereas she was so beyond clueless. It was kind of ridiculous. (Laughs) 
Read more at http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/exclusive-morgan-ricke-talks-survivor-ghost-island-(part-1)-23662.php#sSM1yjhHOV4276Pv.99

• Love 2

Yeah, didn’t like her before, really don’t like her now.  So glad she’s gone, and gone early enough that she’ll probably never return.  I can see where she’s the type that probably hounded Angela about her personal life and didn’t take the hint.

Also, I’d argue Morgan was clueless since she got blindsided.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

Also, I’d argue Morgan was clueless since she got blindsided.

Exactly. She thinks so highly of her game play while trashing Angela and it's really just hilarious to me. I mean Angela does seem like a shitty player, but Morgan was no better, so she can kindly shut up. I'm so glad she's gone, she would've ended up being so hateable.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 1
54 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Exactly. She thinks so highly of her game play while trashing Angela and it's really just hilarious to me. I mean Angela does seem like a shitty player, but Morgan was no better, so she can kindly shut up. I'm so glad she's gone, she would've ended up being so hateable.

I started out liking Morgan okay, but she immediately lost me with the “Catholic girls” reference.

After that, every time I saw Morgan I kept flashing back to Kentucky Fried Movie and “Catholic High School Girls in Trouble”.

232AAD95-603D-43DF-BE5F-07C03BB0CA2E.jpeg

Edited by Nashville

No idea why the quote box came up....

As someone who was raised Catholic in the Boston area, there are deep memories of signs reading Irish Need Not Apply and the notion that JFK shouldn't be President because he was Catholic. The Irish were not wanted because they were Catholic and Protestant America was not exactly excited by the Irish Catholic. Heck, traditionally Democratic (at the time) West Virginia did not vote for JFK because he was a Catholic. So there is a history of not treating Catholics well in the US. And while that was a while back, there are plenty of places that I have been were people still talk disparagingly of Catholics. So I can easily see someone who is raised in an area that is populated by more Conservative Protestant sects dealing with a certain amount of bias directed towards Catholics.

Mind you, I have never experienced this bias. The worst thing that has happened to me are the folks who come up on Ash Wednesday to wipe "the dirt" off my forehead and are baffled when I ask them not to. Well meaning but very, very clueless. And yes, it happens every year. The only time it didn't happen was when I celebrated Ash Wednesday in Rome. That year I was caught off guard by receiving Ashes on Sunday at church in Milan because Milan has a special dispensation to not start Lent until the first Sunday and not on Ash Wednesday. So travel tip, go to Venice for Carnival, Rome for Ash Wednesday and then move to Milan to enjoy a very festive Carnival because Milan likes to rub it in that they have not started Lent when everyone else has....

But I can see where there are places that the bias exists because there are Protestants don't understand the logic behind the Pope and Saints and the like.

• Love 1

Y’all, it helps if you read past the first sentence; I wasn’t saying ANYTHING against ANY religion, just that her comment stuck in my mind an automatic association with a skit in a comedy movie.  Geez....

• Love 2