Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E10: Chapter Seventy-Four

Jane and Rafael try to be friends which works great until Jane goes on a date. Petra and Jane's new partnership is off to a rocky start, but they both know they have to find a way to work together somehow. Rogelio is convinced he has male post-partum depression, which puts him at odds with with celebrity post-partum advocate River Fields. Meanwhile, Alba finally tells Jane why she turned down the marriage proposal, leaving Jane to help Alba in the romance department.

Promo:

Rosario Dawson would be pretty high on the list of people sexy enough to make a woman realize she’s bisexual.

Considering this show has used plenty of celebrities-as-themselves over the years, I’m not sure why they didn’t just have Shields play herself, even if “River Fields” is a decent riff on her real name.

• Love 3

The names of River's movies were hilarious.

While I understand Jane wanting to help Alba, she couldn't have possibly thought that she would react well to being taken to a sex toy shop. But I'm glad that Jane bought her a vibrator anyway and then Alba finally tried it out. Life is too short to think that all pleasure is a sin!

Loved that Chris was on the double date for the same reason as Jane. I hope Alba and the church guy keep dating. I don't want to see her hung up on Jorge forever. The fact that he reconciled with his ex does not bode well for his relationship with Alba.

• Love 4

Could be a contrivance. Perhaps he met with his ex as an old friend. You notice he kissed her on the cheek not the mouth (I think) or if he did kiss her it was lightly not passionately. I don't think we're finished with Alba and Jorge yet.

• Love 1

I'm aware that I am reading way too much into this, but Petra has the Bisexual Haircut omg! (but honestly how good did Yael look this ep? Honestly fantastic.)

It felt like a slow ep (although, it did get me googling men and post partum depression), but I like when Petra and Jane are together doing things, anything at all, and I'm glad Jane is ghostwriting the book, even though it was something we all saw coming last ep. Also, the way Petra was just monologing in voicemails, and Jane had to deal with that.

I'm sort of very into Alba's plot, too. 

• Love 3
13 hours ago, SeanC said:

Rosario Dawson would be pretty high on the list of people sexy enough to make a woman realize she’s bisexual.

I'd never thought that about Rosario in any other show or movie but during this episode, I kept thinking Rosario as Jane Ramos was sexy as fuck. I can see why Petra might be tempted.

Alba. Alba. Alba. I've been sort of invested in the discussion of the potential Charmed reboot. Some fans have taken issue with the use of "feminist" to describe the reboot. It's been hard to describe how and why Jane is a really feminist show when so much of it revolves around  romance. This is the episode that does it. Yes, the impetus to explore sex and self pleasure started with a man. However, the message is ultimately about Alba understanding her own sexual agency and Jane coming into her own as an affirmative decision-maker on certain issues.

• Love 5

#Jafael finally had sex! lol@ the LLN saying #Jafael shippers. I thought it was going to be pushed back again! It's a running gag at this point. I loved the S1 flashbacks. They have moved passed that. They now accept each other's flaws. I cannot understand Jane's behavior. That dude is fine as all outdoors. Please, don't let Raf's bio parents be evil. It's too much at this point. I wasn't shocked by Petra & JR. "Who shot JR?!" is definitely coming. Brooke Shields is playing Brooke Shields but with a fake name. The wolf part killed me. Ro cannot just let shit go. Good thing he's not a real life celebrity. Now, who's going to expose J/R? If it's not Mateo, it might be Petra. She will put two and two together. I'm going to love how reaction. She no longer has feelings for Rafael, but she will an opinion. Is this it for Alba & Jorge? Hmm.

Edited by Simba122504
Typo
  • Love 2

As awkward as thinking of Alba with a vibrator is (and oh, IT IS) it sweet of Jane to try to help her find happiness and move past her knee jerk "everything is a sin" mantra when it comes to sex and romance. I like the church guy, I hope it works out. "This is a place of sin! I might as well date a Protestant!". Also glad that Chris was on the date for the same reason as Jane, and we arent getting yet another love interest to keep Jane and Rafael apart. 

"River" Fields many movie titles cracked me. I would be totally alright with her being a recurring character/rival for Rogelio as he tries to break into the American market. 

• Love 2

Bisexual Petra is everything I never knew I wanted. I'm loving her chemistry with "JR" and hope it doesn't end in tragedy. Poor Petra deserves some happiness.

I really liked this one. Petra/Jane friendship scenes are always nice, and I'm finally on board the Jane/Rafael train after being mostly "meh, whatever" about it for a long time. Visually, I enjoyed the clever blocking choices with the dirty texts and the sex shop. Kudos to Gina Rodriguez on her directorial debut -- apparently she rewatched the entire series to prepare.  It's clear she knows and loves all of the characters, and she got great performances from everyone.

• Love 7
9 hours ago, Enginerd said:

How on earth does using blueprints to recreate the scene tell you that screws were missing from the railing?

I know, right? I was picturing the kind of blueprints you'd see in a cartoon with a big red arrow pointing to the railing that said, "MISSING SCREWS!"

• Love 2

Why wouldn't they just look at the actual scene? Jane the Lawyer should think up better lies.

I feel fairly certain that those blueprints were for Rose or some other nefarious crook, who wants detailed information about the hotel for reasons of being up to no good.

• Love 1

Oh I loved this episode.

It was not flashy, it felt a little slow at times, but it was filled with little subtleties that brought me right back to the first season, when I totally fell in love with this show. 

Loved that Rafael was the one to tell Jane to slow down on the sex thing. And the flashbacks to season 1. Ha, that was great.

"Of course it has pictures, with my new haircut" - First Yael looks great with this haircut. And I laughed out loud that they included that in the script!

Ro and Baby are so cute together. But that plot about male postpartum depression was pretty ridiculous, although I enjoyed the fight between Ro and "River" Shields (OMG that had me laughing way more than it should have).

"That way you can see what I accomplish every day, you will gain respect for me, cause how could you not" - LMAO!!!! That was so great.

I don't know where I stand with the whole Jane the Lawyer and Petra. I wanna know who is blackmailing Jane the Lawyer! Seems like she really feel for Petra and her struggles. The two actresses have great chemistry,so I really don't mind seeing more of them together,

Speaking of great chemistry, I love, love, love Jane and Petra together. They have such great chemistry... That duo is just perfect.

Loved Rafael's amused face when Alba told Jane they were going on a double date!

Jane's orange dress is stunning. Wow! And I loved, loved, loved the sexy, dirty texting between her and Rafael. 

Poor Alba... Jane helping her was a little awkward but it was nice to see scenes just between those two. The sex shop scene was awesome, and Jan, sticking up for herself in front of the clerk? LOL! That was great! Loved that she told Petra later on.

Loved Jane and Rafael TALKING, for real. Talking about how they really are and trying to respect that rather than change it. 

Petra telling Jane how good Rafael is in the sack was priceless. I have a feeling Petra will have some really good opinions on Jane and Rafael hooking up.

The cable guy.... OMG... I died laughing... The thumbs up... The full package... OMG!!!!

Petra dreaming she is attracted to JR, Alba and her vibrator... Interesting...

And Jane and Rafael hooking up. Finally... That was one sexy scene!

• Love 2