Type keyword(s) to search

S20.E06: The Heroin Triangle: Chapter 6

pasdetrois
  • Start Topic

Keirsten, David, David’s Mom - they are all co-dependent. Mom says ‘ you are taking my son away’. Why doesn’t she worry about the drugs taking her son away? . I say this even though I do not think Kiersten is a nice person.  

Couldn’t seem to focus on the Taylor story. 

Felt so bad watching Angela’s Mom cry that I almost cried. 

• Love 1

It was very fortuitous that some random guy threatened to kick Allen's ass for being in his neighborhood.  After spending the entire intervention telling Ken not to speak, he sure jumped in Ken's car mighty quickly after that lol.

Once Billy, Tiffany and her brother all get out of treatment and back together, I predict their sobriety will last about 2.5 seconds.

• Love 7

I thought it was interesting that they showed little of what the police officer actually said, but Ken told Allan the police officer would take him to jail if he didn’t go to the airport.  I guess he just needed an extra boost because he seemed content with going afterwards. 

I agree Tiffany and Billy need to be in separate states. Sucks for future interaction with their son.  But that’s the only way they will stay sober. Tracey too.  Although he made a comment in an earlier episode that his partner keeps him sober( when the partner is not in jail). 

Question for the  group: Tiffany gained a lot of weight in a month. Especially in the abdomen? 

• Love 2
13 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

Keirsten, David, David’s Mom - they are all co-dependent. Mom says ‘ you are taking my son away’. Why doesn’t she worry about the drugs taking her son away? . I say this even though I do not think Kiersten is a nice person.  

Couldn’t seem to focus on the Taylor story. 

Felt so bad watching Angela’s Mom cry that I almost cried. 

This entire situation seems hinky to me.  I am guessing even if David gets clean  moving back in with his mom would be the king of big mistakes because she treats him more like a husband then a son.   I think she cares more about getting rid of Kiersten then getting rid of the drugs.  All she wants is it to be her and her son alone in that house again.

i am really liking this format.  It’s choppy at times but we are getting deeper into these peoples lives and seeing more of how and why these people became addicts and why a lot of them just can’t and won’t accept help.  

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 7

Seems so odd to see people smoking inside their home.  Even the remaining few hardened smokers I know go outside to smoke.

I'm not sure if I like the new format or not.  I have a hard time caring about any of them to be honest.  No one wants to face up to life's difficulties any more.  Just shoot up or take a pill and it all goes away.  The world is filling up with whiny wimps who just want to drug all the bad things away.   

• Love 1

When I saw Tiffany, I first thought that maybe she was pregnant and had been so strung out in the early months that she didn't even realize it. But if that were the case, I'm sure it would have been mentioned.

I don't know why, but I like Allen.  Maybe because I am closer to his age. I hope he can get clean for good this time.

I like this special series OK. Like it has been mentioned before, I wish that there was more of a mix of demographics.  I also like the judge who runs the drug court. I wonder if she's had a stroke or has Bell's palsy or something (not that it matters.) She obviously is a compassionate person who is trying to help the addicts rather than punish them.

• Love 5

Agree with the choppy editing - if they stick with this new format, maybe it will get better.

Still disappointed that this format doesn't live up to the marketing promise. Were the (misleading) ads nothing more than the network's efforts to drum up interest? Maybe ratings were down? I wonder if production saves money with this new format, where the interventionists are in one place. I admit that I've lost interest in the extended letter-reading scenes, although I like seeing the interventionists handle the difficult family members.

The nagging mother, while justified in her resentment, would drive anyone nuts. As we've seen, the nagging and arguing do nothing to help the situation.

Maybe Tiffany is binging on sweets and carbs to help with drug cravings. My alcoholic friend used to do that. He would also buy Coke in glass bottles because he liked the feel of holding something that felt like a beer bottle.

Are we seeing a new paradigm, where some addicts don't have the traumatic history but instead are simply getting hooked instantly on readily available opiods? My family member had ortho surgery and refused to take a pain med for more than one day. He's always been a health nut and a teetotaler but he was still afraid of the chemical triggers in pain meds.

I wondered about the judge's paralysis - figured a stroke but Bell's palsy is also a good guess. My cousin had Bells but the facial droop went away.

I got a whiff of still-present attraction between the cop and Angela, even though he wears a wedding ring.

• Love 2
On 2/7/2018 at 5:29 AM, TaraS1 said:

It was very fortuitous that some random guy threatened to kick Allen's ass for being in his neighborhood.  After spending the entire intervention telling Ken not to speak, he sure jumped in Ken's car mighty quickly after that lol.

Once Billy, Tiffany and her brother all get out of treatment and back together, I predict their sobriety will last about 2.5 seconds.

Are those the 3 amigos who were all sent to rehab facilities within 30 miles of each other (in So. California) ? San Juan Capistrano, Costa Mesa and Encinitas CA.

15 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

I wonder if production saves money with this new format, where the interventionists are in one place.

They've got the "Made in Georgia" logo at the end, so I'm guessing they got some production support from the state, which I think is kind of hilarious, given how bad they are making the area look! IMO, anyway.  

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Petrichor said:

My favorite moment of the entire episode was the dog's reaction at the end when his owner announces she's bought a gun. Priceless.

The dog was like, "you guys don't even know the half of it."

On 2/8/2018 at 3:40 AM, pasdetrois said:

Maybe Tiffany is binging on sweets and carbs to help with drug cravings. My alcoholic friend used to do that. He would also buy Coke in glass bottles because he liked the feel of holding something that felt like a beer bottle.

Are we seeing a new paradigm, where some addicts don't have the traumatic history but instead are simply getting hooked instantly on readily available opiods? My family member had ortho surgery and refused to take a pain med for more than one day. He's always been a health nut and a teetotaler but he was still afraid of the chemical triggers in pain meds.

I wondered about the judge's paralysis - figured a stroke but Bell's palsy is also a good guess. My cousin had Bells but the facial droop went away.

I got a whiff of still-present attraction between the cop and Angela, even though he wears a wedding ring.

I've heard rehab is a great place to carb load.

My MIL has had major surgery twice and took one or two of the pain pills and not the rest and she has no history of addiction. She had to hide them from her best friend who is addicted to pills. The best friend does have an addiction to alcohol though that goes back decades. I wonder if there is data that you don't have to have the genetics in order to get the addiction of if it's a baseless fear.

I had a friend who had a facial tumor removed and she looked similar to the judge. I could watch an episode just about drug court.

The cop is definitely into Angela. I wonder what his wife thinks.

• Love 4
12 hours ago, Soobs said:

I had a friend who had a facial tumor removed and she looked similar to the judge. I could watch an episode just about drug court.

I agree. I was really intrigued by the drug court and wanted to see the story play out with the young man who was obviously high as a kite when he showed up to court. She gave him another chance. I wanted to see if he took it. 

The cop is definitely into Angela. I wonder what his wife thinks.

Yes. He is. It was almost uncomfortable to watch being as he’s obviously married. I too wonder what his wife thinks. 

I was very disappointed to see that Toni left rehab. In what city was she sent to get help? Since they couldn’t find her, she’ll likely have to return on her own. I hope she does and continues the process. 

Edited by Enero
  • Love 3
On February 7, 2018 at 11:49 AM, Pondlass1 said:

Seems so odd to see people smoking inside their home.  Even the remaining few hardened smokers I know go outside to smoke.

I'm not sure if I like the new format or not.  I have a hard time caring about any of them to be honest.  No one wants to face up to life's difficulties any more.  Just shoot up or take a pill and it all goes away.  The world is filling up with whiny wimps who just want to drug all the bad things away.   

I often hear people say stuff like this, "No one wants to deal with life anymore."  I get why people feel that way but, would you say that to a person whose drug is food, or sex or even work?  I once knew a man who worked constantly, not because he needed the money, but when he wasn't working, the committee in his head, his mind would go on overdrive and tell him what a loser he was. 

Another thing to ask is, "who teaches people to face up to life's difficulties?"  I have been out in public so many times when a child is crying and what happens?  The parent puts a piece of candy or cake in their mouth and the child calms down.  What does that child learn?  If I'm feeling sad, I take something and feel better?  I remember one time seeing a mother do nothing, just let the child cry, she shrugged and said, "it'll pass."  Very true, but many people were giving that mother some dirty looks.  

• Love 5

If one hasn't experienced it, it's easy to overlook the effect on a child of having to grow up, day after day after gawdawful day, in a dysfunctional environment. Absent parents, overwhelmed single parents who act out or give up, alcoholic/addicted parents, mentally ill parents, the parents' creepy partners...endless worry about not enough money for the basics, learning  disabilities, abuse, school yard bullying, divorce and abandonment, genetics...

What we see so often on Intervention is a child who was deeply affected by some of these things, and/or a specific trauma like rape or physical abuse. Once they're teenagers they have freedom and exposure to alcohol and drugs, and the pattern begins.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 3

Im no expert but I believe that many many years ago, children/young adults affected by these horrific experiences didn't have the array/availability of drugs/alcohol to escape the pain of what happens to them. Pharmaceutical companies are now providing all types of addictive meds to cure something that will get you addicted to their drug (or street drugs that are cheaper and can give one the same numbness from the emotional/physical pain). It's definitely an epidemic that is a double edge sword: the victims who want to feel no pain, and the drug companies who don't give a shit. Its all about the money for them...not a cure. So sad.

• Love 1

There definitely weren't as many choices. My mother's generation reached for alcohol, but heroin, marijuana and cocaine were also available (first half of 20th century).

Some of you may have read in the past few days that scientists have discovered a link between opioids and certain human genes. I don't remember the full story, or the science, but it explains a lot.

7 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

There definitely weren't as many choices. My mother's generation reached for alcohol, but heroin, marijuana and cocaine were also available (first half of 20th century).

Opium (that from which herion is made) has been around since well before the 18th century and there has been a history of people being addicted to the drug for centuries. 

Edited by Enero
  • Love 1